AI Bots on the Forum?

I believe that users that want to join private board are probably validated carefully enough to not let such thing to happen, yet i am also kinda curious if there were attempts like that.

In case of public content there is no need to create account in order to harvest data.

I suspect it could be other way around. Bots could have such places blacklisted to limit answers they could give to people querying those bots.

I understand that some bots in the system are indexers, they are collecting data for their search engines. So when a user searches for a word in Google for example, the search engine is able to give as a result Cassiopaea's page because previously its robot found the word in its visit to the forum.

chrome_screenshot_1692116227847.png

I've commonly seen the SEMrush robot on this website

I am not talking about Spiders, bots and web crawlers that aggregate data for search engines and such. I am talking about a live interacting user that posts and responds to posts and interacts with real users.

The subject of living mind-controlled OP's or completely possessed others could come up, assuming it is reasonable to think of them as AI bots. But maybe that confuses the issue. Hybrids were asked about recently, but it kind of makes me wonder about every other type out there.

I highly doubt that there are any "pure AI" actors here (assuming currently available technology). I've experimented with LLMs (which are "today's current AI trend"), and they just cannot drop into the conversation and make it look human. There's no engagement, discussion, or emotion—just a series of dry statements, and that would be quite easily spotted. There's also the case of a pre-trained AI model that is trained on mainstream data that is not aligned with the views and values of the community; it'd be funny to see some AI account on a "climate change" crusade here, yielding "scientific consensus" over and over (as it is currently just that: a clever output generator based on some input data).

I am not talking about Spiders, bots and web crawlers that aggregate data for search engines and such. I am talking about a live interacting user that posts and responds to posts and interacts with real users.
Hi, christx11. Do you mean a user commenting and replying using something like Chatgpt?

Hi, christx11. Do you mean a user commenting and replying using something like Chatgpt?
Yes. Chatgpt interacts with a user, but the user has to initiate the conversation. If that capability is out in the general public, common business world, I suspect the hidden scientific / intelligence community is far ahead of that. An AI bot could consume all posts of all threads, all sessions, all recommended books, all of Laura's books, all books and study's cited by Laura, everyone's Facebook, X-Twit, everything Ark has ever written, all material Ark has ever referenced or cited, peripheral materials, ... on and on.

Then start interacting itself, but not wait for someone to initiate interaction. It could itself initiate interaction and perhaps even direct where it wants conversations to go.

I can’t say I have noticed examples of chatgpt posting in this forum, but I have suspected for awhile that the daily Mercola email post has a chatgpt commenter/contributer. This commenter is always the first to comment on his articles, with very technical jargon and sometimes links to research, and weirdly usually three paragraphs long (as if writing an essay in school, where one was taught that way). In the case of Mercola’s articles, it seems to be adding additional information to facilitate discussion, but I find it kind of odd...

Of course, after saying this, I just checked this morning’s article, and the commenter is not the first one today! But this article about the bees is a good example (read the comments below, you’ll see what mean). Or perhaps I am just paranoid. But seriously, this poster is incredibly prolific with comments every day. Who has that kind of time? Roundup Weed Killer Called Out as a Bee Killer

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom