Advice please: piercing sound in dream followed by persistent ear ringing

Hi all,

A month or so ago I had a dream where I experienced what I can only describe as a sound attack. There was a piercing noise - like a mechanical banshee scream. It lasted maybe 10 to 20 seconds. I felt like my brain was going to explode.

Around the same time, I noticed the onset of an almost subtly ever-present ringing in my ears (bilateral), with louder bursts of ringing 2 to 3 times a day (10 seconds-ish).

Note: It doesn’t seem like a hum. It’s a ringing sound.

I’ve read the transcripts, where the Cs talk about what the ear ringing might mean. I know there are quite a few possibilities, including (but not limited to) STS monitoring, programming signals + ‘universe noise’.

I’ve also read some threads, where people have shared their ear-ringing experiences. But I can’t seem to find anything on this mid-dream ‘mechanical banshee scream’ sound that kick-started persistent ear ringing.

I’m wondering what this sound attack experience (this is just what I’m calling it for now), coupled with the ongoing ear ringing might mean. Are they related? Unrelated? Any thoughts or advice?

(I will get my ears checked by a health professional to explore that pathway.)

Side note: over the past few months, I’ve been more committed than I have ever been to physical + spiritual health, noting there is of course more I can do. I’ve adopted major diet + lifestyle changes, daily pipe breathing, stronger mental hygiene practises etc. It’s no doubt important to note I do live in a city, so 5G is probably all around me.

Hi all,

A month or so ago I had a dream where I experienced what I can only describe as a sound attack. There was a piercing noise - like a mechanical banshee scream. It lasted maybe 10 to 20 seconds. I felt like my brain was going to explode.

Around the same time, I noticed the onset of an almost subtly ever-present ringing in my ears (bilateral), with louder bursts of ringing 2 to 3 times a day (10 seconds-ish).

I’ve read the transcripts, where the Cs talk about what the ear ringing might mean. I know there are quite a few possibilities, including (but not limited to) STS monitoring, programming signals + ‘universe noise’.

I’ve also read some threads, where people have shared their ear-ringing experiences. But I can’t seem to find anything on this mid-dream ‘mechanical banshee scream’ sound that kick-started persistent ear ringing.

I’m wondering what this sound attack experience (this is just what I’m calling it for now), coupled with the ongoing ear ringing might mean. Are they related? Unrelated? Any thoughts or advice?

Side note: over the past few months, I’ve been more committed than I have ever been to physical + spiritual health, noting there is of course more I can do. I’ve adopted major diet + lifestyle changes, daily pipe breathing, stronger mental hygiene practises etc. It’s no doubt important to note I do live in a city, so 5G is probably all around me.

Ive had a few of those and sometimes get ringing in the ears just upon waking up in the morning- I dont get them as much as i used to. - I get my ears syringed out once a year -am always suprised at how much wax comes out ! I make a point of having my sleeping space /bedroom free from electrical devices - wifi routers /mobile phones etc.

well done ! thats great youre committing to lifestyle changes - a great asset in these times - keep going !

Ive had a few of those and sometimes get ringing in the ears just upon waking up in the morning- I dont get them as much as i used to. - I get my ears syringed out once a year -am always suprised at how much wax comes out ! I make a point of having my sleeping space /bedroom free from electrical devices - wifi routers /mobile phones etc.

well done ! thats great youre committing to lifestyle changes - a great asset in these times - keep going !
Thank you for responding. I hadn’t actually considered I might just need some simple syringing. My mind went straight to “I’m going deaf at 36 and need a hearing aid” haha.

Also, thank you for your comment about all the electronics. I literally sleep next to a computer and a smartphone. Needs to stop!

Also, thank you for your comment about all the electronics. I literally sleep next to a computer and a smartphone. Needs to stop!

Another suggestion that came to mind while reading your post, something I have been doing for a while myself when I originally read the session excerpt quoted below is that I started to go to bed with my cellphone at least 4 meters away from me. Perhaps you can try experimenting and leave your cellphone to charge in the kitchen or elsewhere when you go to bed at night. Also wearing some silk sleepwear comes to mind as well, or you can get some silk sheets and pillowcases for bed and cover them over your usual bed stuff. If you have a laptop, you can do the same as the cellphone at night and see if it makes any difference over a couple weeks or so, or not. Take care.

Q: (L) Well, that's not good. How close does the pager have
to be to you to have this effect?
A: Four meters. Cell phones too and television and
computer screens can be transmitted through thusly.
Q: (L) Is there any kind of device that we can build or
purchase that can emit a blocking signal?
A: Knowledge protects.
Q: (L) When you say 'contouring brain cell structure,' what
would be evidence or results of such effects?
A: Increasingly narrow outlooks and being unable to employ
discriminatory thinking.
Q: (L) Confusion?
A: No. Just lack of depth and breadth to one's mental and
psychic abilities.

Back in the day when I used wifi in the house, I would always turn the router off at night because it was 'noisy' to me (and save money). You might do this already but if you have wifi at your place, definitely turn it off at night.

I have also experienced the piercing, high pitches just before waking up in the morning. It's been a while since I had one of those though. However, I, more recently, have heard a type of electronic beeping in my right ear. Strange. It was usually the left ear that gave me the trouble. It switched. Not sure why.

Another suggestion that came to mind while reading your post, something I have been doing for a while myself when I originally read the session excerpt quoted below is that I started to go to bed with my cellphone at least 4 meters away from me. Perhaps you can try experimenting and leave your cellphone to charge in the kitchen or elsewhere when you go to bed at night. Also wearing some silk sleepwear comes to mind as well, or you can get some silk sheets and pillowcases for bed and cover them over your usual bed stuff. If you have a laptop, you can do the same as the cellphone at night and see if it makes any difference over a couple weeks or so, or not. Take care.
So helpful - thank you.

Back in the day when I used wifi in the house, I would always turn the router off at night because it was 'noisy' to me (and save money). You might do this already but if you have wifi at your place, definitely turn it off at night.

I have also experienced the piercing, high pitches just before waking up in the morning. It's been a while since I had one of those though. However, I, more recently, have heard a type of electronic beeping in my right ear. Strange. It was usually the left ear that gave me the trouble. It switched. Not sure why.
Thank you! I don’t turn my wifi off but it’s a great idea.

As I read your post, I am aware of the ringing in my ears (now mostly in my right ear. What I observe is that is not bothering me, and I am aware of it when I am not busy. (I suppose that it stays with me during the all day).
I am interested to find your results after the check-up. (If it is ok with you).

This post immediately drew my attention, how interesting. I didn’t know that it was you who had posted it until I opened it. @chaps23 and I had awful nightmares one particular night this week, which was what followed us falling asleep feeling miserable. When I woke up, I remember trying to actively forget what had happened in the dream (which is unusual for me) because it felt like it was just an experience meant to torture me.
Are you still dream journaling often?
Interested to hear your thoughts. ❤️

Another explanation could be the piercing sound was meant to wake you up because you were meant to get out of an unsafe environment you were visiting in the dream. This has been a repeated experience along the years where any kind of loud sound would either get me out of the dream, or make me aware within the dream itself of scenes I was involved with and the urgency to get out of these unsafe scenarios.

Hi all,

I sometimes get the thing where out of no where one of my ears starts to ring. It lasts for about 15-20 seconds and then goes away. It’s usually my left ear, but it has happened in the right one too.

But the constant low level ringing in both ears is a bit weird. Just to tick this possibility of the checklist, is there any chance you may have already had the low level ringing, but the dream has brought your attention to the fact that it’s there? (I guess that depends how low it actually is)

Do you remember anything else from the dream, like anything visual or a situation that was happening, or was it just the noise?

Also, well done on the lifestyle changes and self-improvements!

Both of my ears have been ringing on and off last 25 years or so. Sometimes just one, sometimes both at the same time.
In my recent experience when both coffee and stevia out of my diet, I got strange day of "half-hollow head" for the lack of better term. I woke up in the morning and my left ear felt weird inside like a giant tube which little later turned into feeling of whole left part of my head as if it were hollow. On that side I was hearing echoes, couldn`t locate source of various sounds, quite literally hearing close and far at the same time while the right ear was functioning perfectly fine. It went away next morning.

Back
Top Bottom