Advice for our dog Obi and his health situation

Marina9

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Hello guys! My mom and I wanted to seek for some advice regarding our little dog Obi because he has been sick for 15 days now and no doctor seems to figure out what he has. This is the situation:

He started 15 days ago, with reddened skin, without itching and depressed, small blisters in his ears. For 5 days a veterinarian was treating him with Docloxacillin and metronidazole, with antihistamines at first, thinking it was an intoxication or an insect bite, then applied cortisone, all this intravenously and he was still decayed, not wanting to eat and had dark evacuation on one occasion, he has not had fever, the maximum was 39.5. Then he was hospitalized because of agitated breathing and decay.

At this moment the laboratory results are not favorable, he has a leukocyte level of 142 and low platelets, some anemia. He was supposed to get a biopsy on Tuesday, but since he has to be completely asleep, the doctor says it's not a good option. He is now hospitalized again, and will be for 3 days in observation. We are very concerned since we don't know exactly what's going on. They also say it could be something that he ate that was poisoned or toxic.

Any suggestions are very much welcome. Thank you!
 

Jones

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
Sorry to hear that Obi is not well. How old is he?

Others will know more but until better information comes, perhaps you can tempt him with some bone broth. It's good for sick dogs - helps to keep them hydrated and gives them some good nutrition.
 

Kay Kim

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
He started 15 days ago, with reddened skin, without itching and depressed, small blisters in his ears. For 5 days

My dog also has same problem, and I found out that maybe it’s caused by from Parasitic or bacterial.
So, now I am trying to buy doxycycline.


May 9th 2020

(Andromeda) I was going to ask about Noko. What was it that happened to Noko the other night? Did she actually have an aneurysm, was it her inner ear, or something else?

A: Infection in brain.

Q: (Andromeda) So is it the infection in her upper throat that has spread to the brain?

A: Opposite.

Q: (Andromeda) And what kind of infection is it?

A: From rabbits.

Q: (Andromeda) From rabbits.

(L) From eating rabbits?

A: Yes

Q: (Andromeda) Is that parasitic... or bacterial?

A: Yes

Q: (Andromeda) Parasitic.

(Gaby) So iodine will help.

A: Yes

Q: (Andromeda) Is there anything else we can do to help? Anything else she should be taking?

A: Research, doxy to start.

Q: (L) Does doxycycline cross the blood-brain barrier?

(Gaby) I think so, yeah.

(Joe) Is she going to be okay?

A: Most likely

Q: (Gaby) Is he in pain?

A: Little.

Q: (L) Why Elvie? He's so sweet.

A: EM pollution and genetic susceptibility.
 

Marina9

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
My dog also has same problem, and I found out that maybe it’s caused by from Parasitic or bacterial.
So, now I am trying to buy doxycycline.

Sorry to hear that Kay Kim. I wrote the name wrong, he has taken doxy and the studies he had said there's no parasite..

I Hope tour doggie gets better. It's such a confusing situation :( not knowing whats happening.
 

Kay Kim

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
I tried to cure him by gave him Ivermectin about one weeks but the symptoms still same, and today I found the information from transcript. So, now I trying to buy doxycycline.
 

Alejo

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
Oh no, poor Obi,

It sounds strange and it does sound like poisoning, he must have gotten into something that smelled tasty but wasn't supposed to get into. Specially since the symptoms are on his skin and stool, I'd think that whatever is affecting him, must have gotten in through the digestive system.

I agree with the bone broth, it's great for hydration and minerals. How has his appetite been? is he eating normally? What does he usually eat? At home, my dog has a very sensitive stomach, and so I have to watch what I feed him and what he gets into, but there's usually a trick for upset stomach or lack of appetite that has worked for me, raw beef. And it usually brings him back.

Has Obi been looking to eat grass? does he have grass available?

I am no vet, I only have anecdotal evidence, I do hope you guys figure it out and he recovers swiftly.
 

Marina9

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Oh no, poor Obi,

It sounds strange and it does sound like poisoning, he must have gotten into something that smelled tasty but wasn't supposed to get into. Specially since the symptoms are on his skin and stool, I'd think that whatever is affecting him, must have gotten in through the digestive system.

I agree with the bone broth, it's great for hydration and minerals. How has his appetite been? is he eating normally? What does he usually eat? At home, my dog has a very sensitive stomach, and so I have to watch what I feed him and what he gets into, but there's usually a trick for upset stomach or lack of appetite that has worked for me, raw beef. And it usually brings him back.

Has Obi been looking to eat grass? does he have grass available?

I am no vet, I only have anecdotal evidence, I do hope you guys figure it out and he recovers swiftly.
Thank you Alejo.

He doesnt want to eat like he usted to. My mom has to force him to eat. He has special food now but barely eats.

He is in a clinic, and we recieved news that he is getting worse, doesnt want to get up. My mom will go tomorrow morning to talk to the vet and see what decision will be the best for him. 😞
 

Marina9

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
The decision has been made and Obi will be put down to sleep. He is suffering, his liver is very inflamed and doesnt want to eat anymore. The doctor mentioned lupus, but it's very avanced now.

He was a true friend and will always be remembered. 😞

Thanks for your concerns.
 

Alejo

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
I am very sorry to learn this Marina9,

I hope you guys get to see him once last before he goes. So young, and at least he had you guys around to love and be there for him before the end.

May little Obi rest in peace.
 

Marina9

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
I am very sorry to learn this Marina9,

I hope you guys get to see him once last before he goes. So young, and at least he had you guys around to love and be there for him before the end.

May little Obi rest in peace.

Thanks Alejo, he was put down to sleep today ay 1 PM, my mom was with him. I couldnt say goodbye to him, but I know he is now resting.
 

aragorn

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
The decision has been made and Obi will be put down to sleep. He is suffering, his liver is very inflamed and doesnt want to eat anymore. The doctor mentioned lupus, but it's very avanced now.

He was a true friend and will always be remembered. 😞

Thanks for your concerns.
My condolences. Wishing you strength at this sad moment. RIP Obi. :flowers::hug2:
 
Top Bottom