Adventures with Cassiopaea Book?

Greetings,

Laura, do you and red pill press by any chance plan to put the 'Adventures with Cassiopaea' in book format?
I really think that would be an excellent idea. Or is the series to be found in one of your already published books?

I ask this because i tried accessing the website tonight and it's not going through. Also because printing the Adventures series (and Wave), can be costly with regards to a personal inkjet printer. I would really appreciate a paperback edition for the sake of highlighting and making my own little notes. It would also be a good addition to my library.

cheers

I was more or less thinking the same thing wilecoyote--you just beat me to the post. Sometimes the printed word beats the screen.

That's curious syncronicity! Tonight finished reading Laura's Adventures (nearly 500 pages in a4) and couldn't go to sleep being like in dreamlike state about having read the book in paperback format - even imagined the cover of the book in red-orange tone.

And here i thought i was the only one thinking that the 'Adventures series deserves a paperback printing...........guess i was wrong. I bet there are plenty more members thinking the same.

I agree with all of you.

I have bought the Wave series, the Secret history of the world, ponerology, and i would like to buy Adventures with C's even if i have read it on the web.

Moreover, i would like to read Amazing Grace but the book is not available anymore. Do you think that the book will be reedited? Or is it possible to find it on the website or do you think it would be possible to buy it as a ebook on your website?

Thanks

Since I don't like reading off a screen, I printed out Adventures with Cassiopaea myself. I firstly transferred all of the text, painstakingly, one page at a time, to Word format. I then printed it in three separate volumes of approximately 400 pages each (but with only 200 sheets of paper because I printed it using both sides of the paper, another very lengthy process). Finally, I bound it all using the binding machine at my university campus. So 600 sheets of paper and half a laser toner cartridge later, I can now happily peruse the book offline at my own leisure. But boy was it worth it! (Incidentally to wilecoyote, laser printers are far more economical than inkjets.)

When I was binding one of the volumes at my campus, someone came up to me and asked if it was a thesis. I forget what I said in reply (I didn't say what it was because you can't describe it with a few words). But I wish you could do theses on the many subjects covered in the book (which would in reality be impossible due to the level of control present over and within tertiary institutions). I also brought along a couple of hole-punching "test pages" that happened to have material from the book, which I left on top of the paper recycle basket, in the hope that some other person with an open-mind might see it and be spurred on to do further research. (I think it was the part about Game Theory and how the government is always better off by being non-ethical.)

Anyway, I can now lend my copy to other people I know who have an open mind. I have always thought that Adventures with Cassiopaea is an easier-to-understand book than some of the others, at least for "beginners", so to speak. So I would, for instance, tell people to read Adventures before Secret History of the World because the former explains many concepts well which are then elaborated upon in the latter. But I think The Wave is probably second in order of "advanced-ness". I wonder what other people think of this? What order do you think is best to read Laura's books?

Third_Density_Resident said:
Anyway, I can now lend my copy to other people I know who have an open mind. I have always thought that Adventures with Cassiopaea is an easier-to-understand book than some of the others, at least for "beginners", so to speak. So I would, for instance, tell people to read Adventures before Secret History of the World because the former explains many concepts well which are then elaborated upon in the latter. But I think The Wave is probably second in order of "advanced-ness". I wonder what other people think of this? What order do you think is best to read Laura's books?
The first material of Laura's that I read was 'The Wave'. This was before it was available in print, but I bought the books anyway once they became available, because they are more convenient to refer back to, as well as much easier to read from paper. Since I got the books, I've had several people pick up my copies and get interested in them, so 'The Wave' seems to be a good natural place to start.

Then I read Adventures, before moving on to some of the other stuff. For me, this was a natural progression, but also I was following the recommendations on cassiopaea.org

For me personally, I would recommend reading both of those, before tackling 'Secret History', in order to get the most out of it. But really its a personal thing, depending on one's level of background knowledge in all kinds of subjects. Often when re-visiting any of this material, it can be quite surprising how much more understanding I've got out of it second time around - how much I missed before that now makes sense based on what I've learnt in the meantime.

Actually, come to think of it, I did read The Wave first. And it helped me to read Adventures. But there was some material in The Wave about the way in which animals (2D beings) operate which had me quite confused. But like sleepyvinny said, there are many concepts which you understand better upon a second reading. What you learn in the meantime, especially on these forums, equips you much more in handling some of the more difficult sections of the books.

Actually, come to think of it, I did read The Wave first. And it helped me to read Adventures.
Bingo with me! I read the Wave first directly from the screen, highlighting "the essence" in red and in blue to be able to find reference in the text quickly; then printed out whole Wave series (I have a laser printer), 920 pages in a4, bounded it in 2 books and re-read; then I bought a paperback. So much material that i missed during the first reading from the screen or put an interrogative mark that I didn't understand made sense during third perusal of paperback! Adventures I read inbound highlighting a lot of passages and will read it again soon.
I think the Wave is Laura's book I understand and relate to the most, all times reading The Wave fully absorbed me until coming to the last page. Situation with Secret History is just the opposite - by now i read 500 pages of Secret History and just want to be honest here I find that I try to use any excuse to mandate reading it to the next day, so happens every day. First 200 pages or so I read rather quickly and those were I understood the most, but much less than The Wave material. Then when it comes to mythical stories, genealogy of gods and Biblical genealogical history of jews my logical mind mercilessly fails. Moreover, not only logic, but memory also fails: so many times when coming to the end of page I completely forgot what was it about in the beginning of page and start re-reading. The next day I start reading from the last highlighted place and realize I have forgotten everything so I start to re-reading last 50 pages or so. When reading about genealogy of gods the third factor failing is attention - 2-4 pages is enough to fall in dreamlike state only to force myself to re-read everything from "capo". Reading Joseph Campbell wasn't easy either due to the same problems with attention and memory, but SH I find the most challenging book I ever tried to comprehend. Maybe trying to comprehend genealogy of gods and that biblical of jews is so frustrating because I was ever skeptical about any Biblical stories and notwithstanding numerous attempts to read the Bible to the last page I never did it. Now I interrupted reading SH to read Gurdjieff's Letters of Velsevul.
Just round stupid idiot with Secret history - not quite ripe for this book now.

CarpeDiem said:
SH I find the most challenging book I ever tried to comprehend.

Just round stupid idiot with Secret history - not quite ripe for this book now.
lol. doesn't mean you're an idiot! ;)

I also found SH a BIG challenge. I think there are maybe some deep-seated psychological reasons for that. If you think of 'The Wave', and how it chronicles the progress of the Cassiopaea experiment, this is all 'new' ground, but at the same time it is only 'starting out' into that new ground, and is like an exciting start to an adventure.

However, once you get into the depths of Secret History, it is really driving forward a long way into unexplored territory, and studying that to such a level of intensity and detail that many people are simply not accustomed to doing. I think there are a couple of barriers, for me at least:

1. psychological buffers of 'denial' involved in when seeing information that conflicts with personal deep-seated views of reality, once you get beyond the initial exciting novelty of a mystery story or conspiracy theory.

2. huge holes in basic knowledge on some of this stuff, due to mal-education. What we are taught by our parents, and our schools, while we grow up, just does not even cover the basics, in some areas. Also, more and more, it seems that the education system is set up to suppress our ability to teach ourselves, and dumb us down to comatose levels:

How long until 'learning to read' is disapproved of, or even illegal?

Already, in the UK, proper handwriting and spelling are no longer taught. And arithmetic looks like it is being rapidly phased out. The pathocratic infection of schools is well under way. I only know how to do proper joined up cursive writing because the skill was passed down to me from my parents, against the wishes of the school I attended.

All of this means that we can be educationally crippled, and when a real 'learning opportunity' comes along, boy, do we have an uphill struggle.

Actually, come to think of it, I did read The Wave first. And it helped me to read Adventures.
Same here. The Wave sort of helped me get into the concepts, which makes it earlier for me to understand the Adventures.

The plan is to include most of Adventures as part of the printed Wave Series. The editor is trying to remove repeating material, add in the hyperlinked material, and organize it better. The plan is that I am then going to write a final volume tying everything up and including material that has not yet been published, including some of my research over the past few years. We expect it to run to 10 - 12 volumes total. But, in the end, it will be one amazing compendium of material.

Like I keep telling people, I never intended to write all of that, but once I started writing and posting material, so many people had questions that needed to be addressed - at least from my own experiences - that the Wave literally wrote itself.

Then, when we began to experience the COINTELRPRO backlash from the promulgators of disinformation and their agents, that attracted my attention as well. That was a pretty steep learning curve and the only thing I could do was to write about it in real time, as the discoveries were being made. It could even be said that being attacked by such as the likes of Vincent Bridges, StormBear Williams, and their peanut gallery was the best thing that ever happened to me and, by virtue of the fact that I didn't just shut up and give up, everyone else. It was that experience that lead to the research in psychopathy which led to Ponerology which exposed the secrets of the Control System.

It was the research in psychopathy that helped us to be able to really understand the Bush Reich and the "drivers" of Imperialism. How many people simply can't understand and live out their lives in painful incomprehension? It's really sad.

Yeah, it was a rough way to learn something - I almost didn't survive it, that's for sure - but the benefits to literally millions of people simply cannot be weighed against my suffering.

Since we undertook to publish our first material on psychopathy, the subject has become a really hot topic! The word is spreading far and wide, more and more people are taking notice, and the flapping butterfly wings are really having an effect!

Secret History is also creating a stir, particularly in some scholarly circles! It seems that each person who reads it and "gets it," recommends it to others...

Laura said:
Secret History is also creating a stir, particularly in some scholarly circles! It seems that each person who reads it and "gets it," recommends it to others...
I am really looking forward to reading the "Secret History." No one recommended it to me, but as I read your "Wave," I became curious and in need of reading that book. I was a History major, with focus on Ancient History as I am curious about...

Back
Top Bottom