Abductions and their effects

G

I've been aware of this for quite some time, but frankly I lacked the guts to admit it. Back in the late 1980's I awoke with lucid recollections of an abduction scenario, followed by severe psychological impacts also. It was about the time my voice broke, which went from a wild falsetto to basso profundo within a matter of weeks. These days my voice fluctuates in a mid range between the two: this may all sound peculiar, but bear with me because I know there is at least something to this.

There was three of them, at least, and they scared me! I remember their faces; nothing there!!! Utterly without features. Whiter than lightening, and quite tall, though I was something of a shorty at the time. Their heads were disproportionately large, but we are not talking about Steiber's facile archetypes here. I was reclined and pacified beyond my volition. The backgrounds appeared to be artificial, only myself and the figures seemed real, or tangilble. They were concerned with my head and teeth though I cannot recall them actually doing anything to me in particular. How can something be completely without any facial features? And for the life of me I cannot remember exactly what they did, but it must have been nefarious.

The following weeks stuck in my mind, and I have pieced together some psychological corollaries also (particularly after I saw a UFO in 2004; My old life ended that day, and since then existence has been the process of reassembling a scattered mosaic). I became extremely introverted, and I was a pretty happy-go-lucky child in previous times, though not always particularly popular. I do recall being a major horror/sci-fi fan in the years way before, but those interests dissipated in the late 80's, replaced by football and video games. I wasted years on that stuff, but it felt fun at the time, of course. A changing of the life program, perhaps? But in those following weeks I vividly recall idly watching television, any old mindless daytime nonsense, and missing school also. Many at school thought me odd because I think I was the first to suffer the voice break, and it did drop to an unnatural level. I may have exacerbated that myself though, I am not sure. Also, my eyesight began to deteriorate at a very swift rate from this period! S***!!!!

It's taken me absolutely years to come to terms with this, and I am sure there's more, but the visual memories are vivid in the extreme (the suspicion being that I am a very visually aware person) and now these experiences have returned to my consciousness, they will never again depart.

Laura's early chapters of the wave were read by me first in 2003, and since then my memories and awareness have taken giant strides, though sometimes to the detriment of my other faculties. I thank you for your work, all of you on the Cass/Signs team, from the bottom of my heart; You've helped me more than you can ever know, and I do not think I'm even close to getting to the bottom of these experiences.

I just wonder how many of us have similar recollections stored deep within us at some level, just awaiting that trigger moment to kick start the rediscovery. This may sound trivial in the light of the current murders but I simply had to get it off my chest, as none of my friends are prepared to hear this stuff, though yours truly has advertised this site for their perusal, should they feel the need.

Back
Top Bottom