Abduction of Japanese citizens by North Korea

Regarding the so-called abduction of Japanese citizens by North Korea, are the two governments pretending to discuss a solution to the problem?
Hi,

I briefly skimmed through the wikipedia article, and it seems like it's a very old problem, but is your question about recent efforts? or recent items in the news? or are you simply curious whether this will ever move on.

Hi,

I briefly skimmed through the wikipedia article, and it seems like it's a very old problem, but is your question about recent efforts? or recent items in the news? or are you simply curious whether this will ever move on.
The two governments are negotiating endlessly, but aren't they really colluding and unwilling to resolve the issue? That is what the question means.

The two governments are negotiating endlessly, but aren't they really colluding and unwilling to resolve the issue? That is what the question means.
I see, thanks.

Well, I would dig up a bit further into it a see what it means. Before that though, why do you think they're unwilling to resolve the issue? do you think it's mere PR? or do you think there's something more afoot? what have you discovered about it so far?

I see, thanks.

Well, I would dig up a bit further into it a see what it means. Before that though, why do you think they're unwilling to resolve the issue? do you think it's mere PR? or do you think there's something more afoot? what have you discovered about it so far?
Thank you for your analysis.

What brought this issue to my attention was a recent discussion I had with a native of Niigata Prefecture. Niigata, where many of the abductees are from, is located on the Sea of Japan and is the closest to North Korea, and the people of this prefecture have been worried about what would happen if they were abducted.

And it has to do with the recent escalation of missiles from North Korea. There is a myth among conspiracy theorists in our country that when the Cabinet's approval rating drops, missiles will fly in from North Korea.

FYI: North Korean missile tests
List of North Korean missile tests - Wikipedia

This insight is another source of suspicion that the governments of both North Korea and Japan may be in collusion.

Oh I had no idea, but that is an interesting thought.

Initially I would like to say that no, they're so openly opposed to one another that there's no way collusion is afoot. But then again, North Korea has been kind of left alone for a very long time, and I would think there's some form of communication between top level people in both nations, so it is an interesting idea.

I did not know, and you probably would know better, if there's a correlation between the missile launches and the government approval rates in Japan, that would be interesting, and while correlation does not imply causation, the devil is in the details sometimes.

So, I would continue to dig through it and see what else may be found, and feel free to share it here.

So far I have only found some past abduction cases back in the 70s and 2 abductees reunited with their families in 2002 and their children in 2004.

The abduction of Japanese nationals by North Korea.

KaoruHasuike.jpg

YukikoOkudo.jpg

Kaoru Hasuike and Yukiko Okudo :​

On 31 July 1978, Kaoru and Yukiko Hasuike Okudo were abducted after having met up at the Kashiwazaki library located 250m from the coast. Kaoru was a student at Chuo University in Tokyo and Yukiko was a cosmetics consultant. That fateful day, Kaoru had just finished a report to hand in after the summer holidays and Yukiko told her employer that she was going out for a coffee before returning to work. The fact that they both disappeared voluntarily thus does not seem possible. 3 years after their abduction, Kaoru and Yukiko abandoned the idea of being rescued by the Japanese government and resigned themselves to living in North Korea forever. But while working on a translation, they came across a newspaper article about an interview with their families in Niigata on the abduction issue. They learned that a movement to liberate the victims of kidnappings was active in Japan. From then on the hope of returning to their homeland never left them. On October 15, 2002, their dream came true. In 2004 their two children were reunited with them.

Their abductor was captured around 2006.

KenzoKosumi.jpg

Kenzo Kosumi :​

Kenzo Kosumi : Many elements suggest that Kenzo Kosumi was kidnapped in 1980.In 1985, a major North Korean spy named Park who had infiltrated Japan by posing as Kenzo Kosumi, was spotted by the police who then launched an international arrest warrant against him. By impersonating Kosumi, Park had officially obtained his license and his Japanese passport. He lived with a Japanese woman under this false identity and continued to engage in espionage activities. Nobody knows for sure when Kenzo Kosumi was forcibly taken to North Korea, but in April 1980, his family register was transferred from Hakodate to Tokyo. Under the name of Kosumi, Park had created a company and travelled abroad, notably to South Korea. In 2006, Park’s real identity was discovered: he was none other than Sunchol Choi, who in July 1978, had abducted Kaoru and Yukiko Hasuike Okudo.
Hopefully, the North Korean saber rattling is just that and no more abductions will be imminent.

Here is a more recent article on September 17, 2022, that says "progress has stalled over North Korean abductions of Japanese Nationals".

Tokyo, Sept. 17 (Jiji Press)--Progress has stalled on investigations over North Korean abductions of Japanese nationals, with no prospects of arresting suspects 20 years after Pyongyang admitted for the first time to abducting Japanese citizens.

Japanese police have determined that 19 people are victims of North Korean kidnappings, including two children of Korean nationality who have disappeared. Meanwhile, the possibility of abduction cannot be ruled out for 871 others.

The 13 cases identified as North Korean abductions occurred between 1974 and 1983 in the prefectures of Niigata, Ishikawa, Fukui, Hyogo, Tottori, Miyazaki and Kagoshima, as well as in Europe.

Police authorities have identified suspects in eight cases, including one involving the kidnapping of Yasushi Chimura and his wife, who returned to Japan in October 2002.

They have released international notices on a total of 11 people as wanted suspects, including Sin Gwang-su, a North Korean agent, and Kimihiro Uomoto, who was a member of a group that hijacked a Japan Airlines <9201> plane in 1970. The Japanese Foreign Ministry is demanding that North Korea hand over the suspects.

[Copyright The Jiji Press, Ltd.]

@TakashiTakahashi I am so sorry to hear that there is still the fear of abductions in Japan. It is such a chaotic world today.

I found a video on YouTube that brings home the pain of losing a family member to abduction. It is a terrible loss for those who are not found or returned.

Ok.
Now, let's go to the related question:
"Although there have been no or very limited cases of alien abductions in Japan, aren't the abductions of Japanese citizens by North Korea a cover-up for abductions by 4D STS?"
What do you think?

Ok.
Now, let's go to the related question:
"Although there have been no or very limited cases of alien abductions in Japan, aren't the abductions of Japanese citizens by North Korea a cover-up for abductions by 4D STS?"
What do you think?
It did make me think of the thread we have on missing people around the world:

Missing 411 by David Paulides

I don't know if you have noticed that thread but there are some very interesting stories in David Paulides books and research.
It might very well be a kind of cover-up to blame that many possible missing people (approx.800) all on North Korea.

David Paaulides has a new video that sounds very interesting coming on December 13, 2022 called

Missing 411: The UFO Connection

It might very well be a kind of cover-up to blame that many possible missing people (approx.800) all on North Korea.
I agree.

"Missing 411 by David Paulides" doesn't have a Japanese translation, but it appeared in the sessions, so I paid attention to the article introducing it in Japanese.

"Missing 411: The UFO Connection" is a paid video, isn't it. It looks interesting, but I doubt my English skills will pay for it:-[

"Missing 411: The UFO Connection" is a paid video, isn't it. It looks interesting, but I doubt my English skills will pay for it:-[
I think some forum members who do buy the video may share some of the information in the Missing 411 thread. You may be able to learn what you need to know about the video on that thread. David Paulides only recently has shifted his attention to the UFO connection and he is a very thorough detective in all his other work so I think the new video will be very interesting.

There is a section on the forum that targets the UFO phenomena that might give you some references for an overview of what is here:

The UFO Phenomena

Also, within this section are some other related threads here that might be of interest to you.

Videos of strange and mysterious objects and other phenomena in the sky

Questions about famous abductions

Richard Dolan

UFOs, Aliens, and the Question of Contact - video

I know the language differences can be very challenging for all of us. Maybe eventually they will add subtitles in Japanese for the new video.

There is a section on the forum that targets the UFO phenomena that might give you some references for an overview of what is here:

Thank you for information you kindly taught.

Maybe eventually they will add subtitles in Japanese for the new video.

Does the translation team already do Japanese subtitling as well?

I am in charge of Japanese in the translation team, but I thought that since there is only one person in charge of Japanese, quality assurance cannot be guaranteed and translation into Japanese is not possible.

Back
Top Bottom