A strange experiences with the bees

Well, what you are telling us reminds me some strange event that happened to my brother. He is alergic to formic acid (the poison of ant, bees and other Hymenopteras) and from an early age he seems persecuted by this kind of insects. Some years ago happened in his appartement something like what happened to you. He woke up in the morning and when he went to the kitchen he open the door and found hundries of bees there. It seems that they went into throught a little venting and tried to nest there.

From time to time, some weird event with ants, bees, of other insects always seems to happen to him. Some time ago, he travel to my city for a couple or days to visit us, and when he came back to his appartment he found a plenty of insects dead and spider webs woven into chairs, tables and other places as if he had spent many days away.

I really have not explanation and likely there will be many earthy causes for these kind of behaviors in animals, but even so I wonder if will there maybe some places or peoples that are attractors for this kind of animals? I'm not sure but I was trying to recall an extract from Cs when Laura ask them about I think a neighbor that had problem with cockroaches (or something like that) and if I don't remember bad the Cs said something in the line that certain kind of energies attracts this kind of bugs. Anyway I'm not sure if I am imaging this extract because in fact I am not finding it... :-[

I am also allergic to bee and wasp stings, etc.
But I'm only afraid of wasps and hornets, not of bees and bumble bees.
Because I know that bees and bumblebees instinctively know very well that they die when they sting, and wasps know very well instinctively that they do not die when they sting.
Call it instinctive intelligence.
Bees and bumble bees therefore only sting to extreme necessity.
Wasps and hornets do not need an excuse to sting, and simply sting without mercy.

When I have a party with a group of people outside, the wasps always come to me, and they leave the rest alone.
Just like they know I'm allergic and scared of them.

They started the spraying season for this year against the mosquitoes and guess what? The bees again came to my apartment. :-(

And they keep posting every year articles about bad people who are using the forbidden pesticides, while at the same time the government is using the chemicals which are obviously toxic to bees. It's insanity!

I know there are many different types of wasps but when I was a kid, I've often seen them kill (assassinate?) bees in a very ugly way.

Speaking of assassinate, have had many encounters with wasps that gradually over time I became more allergic to. Allergies, or the risk of a sever allergic reaction got me to the point that an EPIPen was bought (expensive and only last a year).

Unfortunately, if one is to feed hummingbirds in the summer, come late July and August the feeders can become overwhelmed with wasps. Now those hummingbirds don't seem to mind wasps so much as they fly around and avoid them while drinking their fill, and have not seen a wasp attack a hummingbird. However, for us mortals who need to fill the feeders up, it is a little more dicy - no sudden moves, be calm and work slowly.

Yesterday, during a couch-nap was suddenly woken by something on my face near my eye - it was a yellow-jacket assassin 🐝 that had it in for me. Bang. What a rude awakening and was simply helpless.

No EPIPen, used Vinegar and a compress of Baking Soda and water, along with Benadryl. Was prepared to go emerg if need be. The treatments did not matter, the low microgram range of wasp venom simply overwhelmed the immune system. This venom is an incredibly strong toxin for some people, so be careful. I'm 30 something hours from the assassination attempt and the swelling is only now slightly receding.

Damn ninja wasps, although it was not a French invader ninja wasp.

On the flip side, and the reason I went looking in the first place, was to see the dose of venom. It's significant between bees and wasps - "The dose makes the poison'

The amount of venom protein released in a sting varies between species, ranging between 50 and 140 micrograms for bees [3,4] and between 1.5 and 20 micrograms for wasps.

That is quite a difference.

One can read all about the therapeutic aspects of bee and wasp venom, which for bees looks to Melittin. The paper looks to treating Parkinson's, Cancer and one can read that it is being studied for vaccines - "novel adjuvant system based on melittin and analogs capable of eliciting strong immune responses against target antigens, thus reducing the risk of toxic side effects associated with the use of adjuvants."

On the surface that might seem okay, yet perhaps keep an eye on that one, especially if Pfizer or Moderna are involved.

Paper snip:
Wasp venom is more variable in composition among species. However, bee and wasp venoms have similar enzymatic composition (see Table 2). A significant difference in the peptide composition of wasp venom is the predominance of mastoparan and bradykinins. Although wasp venom has attracted much less attention than bee venom, extensive research over recent decades has shown the pharmacological properties [143]. In this section, we will focus on the therapeutic applications of the most studied peptide in wasp venom, namely mastoparan.

3.1. Therapeutic Applications of Mastoparan​

Mastoparan is a membrane-active amphipathic peptide with 14 amino acid residues. It is rich in hydrophobic and basic residues that form amphipathic helical structures, the latter with the capacity to form pores in membranes. Mastoparan induces a potent mitochondrial permeability transition that affects cell viability [144]. The net effect of the mode of action of mastoparan depends on the cell type. In this regard, it causes the secretion of histamine from mast cells, serotonin from platelets, catecholamines from chromaffin cells, and prolactin from the anterior pituitary [145].

Back
Top Bottom