A sort of archetypal dream

Adaryn

The Living Force
Here's a dream I had a few months ago. It was half-lucid, half-unconscious, and developped like a fairy tale.
Once there was a young princess in a castle. In the castle there was a young boy who was working as the gardener. He was in love with the princess but the princess didn't want him because of his low rank and also because he was too young, he was just a boy.
One day the princess died, or fell in a sort of coma, and her family decided to carry her in a place underground. By that time (it happened in a few instants, it's a dream), the boy had grown up and become a lovely young man (a la Cris Campion in Polanski's "Pirates"). The young gardener decided that he was going to find the princess and rescue her. He found out she was resting at the end of a long corridor in her family's palace, a big palace very bright, like a glass palace. As he was preparing to get underground, down to the corridor of this palace, he was all confident he would find the princess and she would accept him. As he was heading towards the entrance of the corridor, so full of boasting male confidence ("save the damsel in distress"), the young good looking man turned into a grotesque and ugly cheesy middle-aged man, short and skinny, wearing a country singer outfit. He looked like an old bachelor preparing for the first time for a rendez-vous. He passed through the door of the corridor, a long corridor like a tunnel, full of mirrors like the glass gallery in Versailles, and began to walk through it. Halfway through, he was suddenly assaulted by a group of very coarse women, smoking and with an outraging behaviour. They made fun of him, and physically assaulted him in a mock manner as if to mock his fake virility and boasting assurance. After this little "test", he resumed his walk and arrived at the exit door. After passing through the door, he changed again into the good-looking young man. The door opened on a very nice and peaceful garden.He knew the princess was there and he sensed he had passed the test and she would accept him finally. Just as he was about to get to her, they both heard the princess's whole family running after them, apparently determined to oppose this union. They were a few steps away, and the couple didn't have time to escape. So they found a trick to hide : they changed into a tree. The tree was carved into 2 human figures, one a bearded-man (like a greek-style statue) holding a bended bow, ready to strike an arrow, and the other a woman sort of hidden behind him. In the dream I understood, or heard, that these 2 carved figures were Psyche and Pygmalion.
The family finally arrived, among whom was a giant, bald-headed and skinny. I understood he was a cousin or a brother of the princess. He took a bow and arrrow and aimed it at the "human tree", at "Pygmalion". The arrow touched the latter at his ankle (how original :)), but instead of Pygmalion being hurt, it was the giant who was hurt when the arrow reached Pygmalion's ankle. The giant began to fall, and "Pygmalion and Psyche" knew they had won and were safe. They changed from tree back to human being. They sort of slode from the tree while metamorphosing. Buth they were not 2 beings anymore, but one. First they changed into a man, and then while sliding across the air, the man changed into a young woman, and when that woman reached the ground, the giant who was falling crashed on the ground, dead.
I only appear at that point. I am with several other persons, mostly women, I think - maybe from the princess's family or friends. We are very happy 'cause they have won, and are pleased with the death of the giant... so we run on the grass, shouting cries of joy and laughing - a bit like players who've just won a football match.
And then I wake up...

Back
Top Bottom