A Request for Work Relating the Esoteric Meanings to Biblical Text

Yossarian

Jedi Master
Just a thought:

Hey, I know this is a huge request, but thought I'd throw it out there. I know it's over my head. I have read here at SOtT and Cassiopaea various quotations from the Bible, with the esoteric meaning of the verse (or an esoteric interpretation) made.

I personally find this very helpful and it helps make clear other ways that the Bible can be read and how there can be meaning--even deep meaning there--that is not literal and cannot be understood unless looked at from an esoteric perspective--or can be understood in a different way from an esoteric perspective.

Anyhow, it seems that it could be a work in progress; it could have disclaimers that this is an interpretive work from a certain perspective--based upon the Signs "Glossary" and Fifth Way concepts, for example.

It may not influence "fundies" much, but could open a way for dialog with fundies, perhaps?

Yossarian said:
Just a thought:

Hey, I know this is a huge request, but thought I'd throw it out there. I know it's over my head. I have read here at SOtT and Cassiopaea various quotations from the Bible, with the esoteric meaning of the verse (or an esoteric interpretation) made.

I personally find this very helpful and it helps make clear other ways that the Bible can be read and how there can be meaning--even deep meaning there--that is not literal and cannot be understood unless looked at from an esoteric perspective--or can be understood in a different way from an esoteric perspective.

Anyhow, it seems that it could be a work in progress; it could have disclaimers that this is an interpretive work from a certain perspective--based upon the Signs "Glossary" and Fifth Way concepts, for example.

It may not influence "fundies" much, but could open a way for dialog with fundies, perhaps?

The Bible was never meant to be read literally. Get a copy of "Mystic Bible" by Randolphe Stone. It is out of print, so it costs hundreds of dollars when you can find it, but there is no better book on the Tanak. Dr. Eisenman on "James the Brother of Jesus" is best on the New Testyourmentality. I have a book also: http://www.amazon.com/The-Bible-says-Saviors-ebook/dp/B00CFWE40I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1378005590&sr=8-1&keywords=the+bible+says+saviors
The coverup in the NT 'Betrayal' (my book) is absolutely mind-blowing. James was the real savior, not Jesus!

There probably aren't any "esoteric" meanings in the Biblical texts though there is certainly a lot of fraud and cover-up.

The Tabernacle in the Wilderness is a picture of a Biological Cell.

Ezekiel's Wheel is a picture of an Atom.

In fact, the Godhead (Trinity) is what the Bible calls an Atom.

666 is Carbon.

Lucifer is Phosphorus.

Do any of these examples qualify as 'Esoteric'?

I can expand if you wish.

Laura said:
There probably aren't any "esoteric" meanings in the Biblical texts though there is certainly a lot of fraud and cover-up.
I have a new book out on this, since I last posted: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1524627607/ref=cm_cd_asin_lnk

The origins of "the Betrayal of Christ" are the inversion of the mastership installation event story of James the Just in the Apocalypses of James and Peter. The whole story of the Gospels is a coverup of James becoming the successor.

judaswasjames said:
Laura said:
I have a new book out on this, since I last posted: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1524627607/ref=cm_cd_asin_lnk

The origins of "the Betrayal of Christ" are the inversion of the mastership installation event story of James the Just in the Apocalypses of James and Peter. The whole story of the Gospels is a coverup of James becoming the successor.

Check our "Jesus was Caesar" thread. I've also written a book on the topic though it is not published yet.

Laura said:
judaswasjames said:
Laura said:

Check our "Jesus was Caesar" thread. I've also written a book on the topic though it is not published yet.

This book will be amazing, it will be very interesting to read about that written by you.

I've been intrigued by this book for years, though I've only read selected sections. The premise of the book is explained in the Prologue, which I've excerpted below. His extensive vocabulary may seem tedious at first, but becomes less so after slowing down enough to appreciate it. The bold emphasis is mine.

The Lost Light
AN INTERPRETATION OF ANCIENT SCRIPTURES
Alvin Boyd Kuhn

PROLOGUE​
The Western world has too long and fatuously labored under the delusion that a pious and devout disposition fulfills the whole requirement of true religion. Ancient sagacity knew that piety without intelligence, or religion without philosophy, was insufficient and dangerous. It knew that general good intent was not safe from aberrancy, folly and fanaticism unless it was directed by the highest powers and resources of the mind. And the mind itself had to be fortified with specific knowledge of the nature of the cosmos and of man and the relation between the two. Following the dictum of the sage, Hermes Trismegistus, that "the vice of a soul is ignorance, the virtue of a soul is knowledge," the scriptures of old inculcated the precept that with all man’s getting he must first get wisdom and understanding. These were related to his well-being as health to his navel and marrow to his bones, and would alone give him a crown of eternal life. They were pronounced more precious than all the things that he could desire. The council of Illuminati therefore laid down their systems of cosmology and anthropology, which have become by immemorial tradition the Bibles of humanity, universally reverenced. In them were given the ordinances of life, the constitution of the cosmos, the laws governing both nature and mind. They still constitute the Magna Carta of all human action guided by intelligence. For they were the first Institutes embodying the Principia and Fundamenta of all moral behavior, the only true chart and compass to guide human effort in a line of harmony with an overshadowing divine plan of evolution for the Cosmos.

The corruption and final loss of the basic meaning of these scriptures has been, in the whole of time, the greatest tragedy in human history. Like Shakespeare’s tide, which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune, but, omitted, casts all the rest of life in shoals and quicksands, the wreckage of the Esoteric Gnosis in the centuries following Plato’s day, culminating in the debacle of all philosophical religion about the third century of Christianity’s development and ushering in sixteen centuries of the Dark Ages, has thrown all religion out of basic relation to true understanding and caused it to breed an endless train of evils, fanaticisms, bigotries, idiosyncrasies, superstitions, wars and persecutions that more than anything else blacken the record of man’s historic struggle toward the light. The present (1940) most frightful of all historical barbarities owes its incidence directly to the decay of ancient philosophical knowledge and the loss of vision and virtue that would have attended its perpetuation.

There was a time, then, in early human history, when enlightened men possessed true knowledge, the passport to wisdom. Clear and concise answers to the profoundest problems of philosophy were known. In so far as the human intellectual faculty is capable of it, an understanding of the mystery and riddle of life itself and the laws of its evolutionary unfolding, was achieved by men who, as Hermes says, had been "reborn in mind. "Philosophy was no mere "speculative enterprise," or tilting at logical windmills; it was a statement of the fundamental “archai”, or basic principles, of the science of being. It formed the groundwork for the elevation of theology to its true place as the King of Sciences, or the Kingly Science. Together philosophy and theology held the throne in the mental life of mankind; and justly so, for a reason which modern thought would do well to consider: they must ever be the ultimate science because they motivate finally the use we make of all other sciences! They hold final answers to all life’s problems. They are the determination of all human action in the end. They alone can direct man finally to the path of good, for by no other means can he learn to know what constitutes the good. The sore need of the world today is the restoration of philosophy, to supply the proper motivation and end of action.

make clear to us beyond further dispute is the almost unthinkable fact that for sixteen centuries the best intelligence of the West took the ancient sages’ Books of Wisdom, which were in all cases the spiritual dramatizations of the experience of the human soul on earth, for objective historical narratives.

Whether stupidity or sinister design prove to have been the cause of the loss of true original meaning must be left to the historical sequel to disclose. And whether the cause of the perpetuation of rank superstition in the present day of alleged enlightenment is to be laid at the door of ignorance or knavery or a combination of both, must likewise be determined as time moves on
It is the purpose of the present volume to set forth to the modern mind the extent of the wreckage which splendid ancient wisdom suffered at the hands of later incompetence. And it is designed to accomplish this by setting up the sharp contrast between the present disfigurement and the past glory of the structure. This purpose entails the task of revealing for the first time the hidden meaning of the body of archaic scriptures by means of a clear and lucid interpretation of their myths and allegories, fables and dramas, astrological pictographs and numerological outlines... convert the entire mass...from presumed childish nonsense into an organic corpus of transcendent scientific significance...As third century ignorance converted mythical typology to objective history, the task is now to convert alleged objective history back to mythology, and then to interpret it as enlightened theology. The almost insuperable difficulty of the project will consist in demonstrating to an uncomprehending world, mistaught for centuries and now fixed in weird forms of fantastic belief, that the sacred scriptures of the world are a thousand times more precious as myths than as alleged history.
Table of Contents:

PROLOGUE
I. TRAGEDY DIES IN LAUGHTER
II. ECCE HOMO-EOCE DEUS
III. TRUTH CRUSHED TO EARTH
IV. WISDOM HIDDEN IN A MYSTERY
V. LOOSING THE SEVEN SEALS
VI. THE DESCENT TO AVERNUS
VII. COLONISTS FROM HEAVEN
IX. ALIVE IN DEATH
X. THE MUMMY IN AMENTA
XI. DISMEMBERMENT AND DISFIGUREMENT
XII. AMBROSIA AND NECTAR
XIII. EARTH, WATER, AIR, FIRE
XIV. FIRE ON HEAVENS HEARTH
XV. NOXIOUS FUMES AND LURID FLAMES
XVI. BAPTISM AT THE CROSSING
XVII. THE ARK AND THE DELUGE
XVIII. THE LAKE OF EQUIPOISE
XIX. WEIGHED IN THE BALANCE
XX. SUNS OF INTELLECT
XXI. AT THE EAST OF HEAVEN
XXII. SKYLARK AT HEAVENS GATE

https://web.archive.org/web/20171028170825/http://pc93.tripod.com/lostlght.htm OR
https://www.scribd.com/doc/34460038/The-Lost-Light-An-Interpretation-of-Ancient-Scriptures-Alvin-Boyd-Kuhn#outer_page_3

Wikipedia about the author, Alvin Boyd Kuhn:

Born in Franklin County, Pennsylvania, Kuhn studied the Ancient Greek language at university. He obtained his B.A. in 1903 and started his career working as a language teacher in high schools. He enrolled in summer sessions at Columbia University in 1926 and 1927, and then quit teaching to devote to full-time studies in 1927. His thesis, Theosophy: A Modern Revival of the Ancient Wisdom was, according to Kuhn, the first instance in which an individual has been "permitted" by any modern American or European university to obtain his doctorate with a thesis on Theosophy. Kuhn later expanded his thesis into his first book of the same name in 1930. After obtaining his Ph.D. in 1931, he returned to teaching for one year, but then spent the next 30 years writing, lecturing, and running his own publishing house, Academy Press in Elizabeth, New Jersey.

Highly influenced by the work of Gerald Massey and Godfrey Higgins, Kuhn contended that the Bible derived its origins from other Pagan religions and much of Christian history was pre-extant as Egyptian mythology. He also proposed that the Bible was symbolic and did not depict real events, and argued that the leaders of the church started to misinterpret the bible at the end of the third century.

The author of over 150 books, essays and published papers, Kuhn completed his final book, A Rebirth for Christianity, shortly before his death on September 14, 1963, in Morristown, New Jersey. At the time if his death, he left two unfinished hand-written manuscripts.

Back
Top Bottom