A Reintroduction

I will let them reveal themselves if they wish.
Hey Ben, welcome back to the fold!

Don't think you have been active on here since I joined, and you played a large part in my finding SOTT, Cassiopaea and Laura's work many years ago.

Glad to see you here now - not sure how I would navigate these times without all the work done here.

Perhaps this time it can actually truly begin

I wonder if there is a point where we truly begin. Or have we always been working on some level while trying to absorb all the bumps along the way and avoid all that so desperately wants to keep us asleep? I guess we take each lesson as it comes and each will last as long as it needs to.

it seems right now that work on the self is my obvious course of action

Could not agree more. I am certainly no where near where I would like to be (perhaps should be) in my own development. With the world changing as it is, it feels like it is now or never… (for this time around at least). The last few years have been a hell of a wake up call.

Thank you for sharing and welcome Ben! :thup:, surely no one is saved from the world around us that affects us all in different ways, although something wonderful that I have personally discovered is that when you decide to put your desire and your will to the inner work, that gives you a lot of strength and joy in a way to face things.

To follow on from what I just said, many of my colleagues at work are very angry with Russia. Today I found my colleagues (who represent several European nationalities) calmly discussing Maidan and the influence of right wing nutjobs, all I said was 'remember that there is an information war going on, be thorough'. It didn't feel right to go any further than that at work. I think waking up right now will be painful.

Those sorts of situations fill me with such hope though, it all developed through their connections with people on social media. I have a 'lecturer/orator' tendency when subjects like this come about. I observed a great deal of tension building in my chest as soon as the subject came up.

I have had a few similar interactions but have not seen any questioning of the narrative as yet unfortunately. When this all kicked off and a few people mentioned it, I tried to just remind people of the situation in Ukraine over the past eight years since the Maidan - just trying to trigger a little more thought or nuance on the subject. As you say, it did not feel appropriate to go any further.

Must say, I experienced the very same tension as the subject came up but really tried to recognise it and not push anything or start to bombard them with information as I may have in the past. I think many of us have learned a lot over the past two years of plandemic in this regard. Practicing a strategic enclosure while trying to judge just how much information to put out there to interject a bit of truth, to provide something people may start to think about or privately have look into (can always hope!).

One big realisation is that some things we may say to people around us are just so far outside their perception of events or view of the workings of the world, that they cannot understand it at all and just shut it out, possibly compromising anything else you offer them in future. No one can learn these things that fast, and even though it can be deeply frustrating, they have to learn at their own pace if they choose to at all.

:welcome: back Ben!

I'm now married to a wonderful woman who is very supportive generally, but does not seek the truth.

In a way, I'm in a similar situation with my mom. She's 80 and I've become the 'man of the house'. She's double vaxxed and believes Putin is pretty much 'evil', though she says she 'feels sorry' for him. I'm not sure if I believe her statement. I made the mistake of trying to sum up what Putin was trying to do after she asked me what I thought of the situation. Yeah, it was a real mistake. She forgets stuff fairly easily now so that actually helps my situation, as sad as that is. However, she made a 'breakthrough (in a way) that there was "no point" for her to get vaxxed since she "never leaves the house". But now, I'm having some trouble with the 'stockpiling' because she doesn't understand the need. I'll have to try the 'sanction repercussions' angle. Thanks for participating in that Trudeau (who's talking to 'his counterparts' in your country right now). With an est. pop. of 38,307,662, Canada is smaller then Ukraine (43,298,617), and he tries to throw his weight around like he's a major player. Hey Putin, could you just fly over the North Pole? It would just take a sec. (Sorry. A little rant came out.)

I haven't 'met' you but it's good to see your return! See you around! :-)

One big realisation is that some things we may say to people around us are just so far outside their perception of events or view of the workings of the world, that they cannot understand it at all and just shut it out, possibly compromising anything else you offer them in future. No one can learn these things that fast, and even though it can be deeply frustrating, they have to learn at their own pace if they choose to at all.
I've got this wrong so many times, so much information just bursting to get out. It's really not considerate of their needs and I almost always regret going too far (even if I stay calm the whole time). The plan now is to use this tension and energy to help me and not try to influence their thinking too much.

Back
Top Bottom