A possible meaningful dream involving ravens

Odin

Jedi
Hi guys!

I know dreams can be a way for 4d STS to manipulate, but I want to share this one dream I had last night as it seems to hold some possible insights. Inputs are much appreciated :-)

The dream:

I was walking on grass in a natural environment and alongside me was what I first believed to be our late family dog. A black Labrador retriever that we had to put down about 3 months ago. As we were walking along we suddenly saw a tree with multiple ravens under it. I can't remember how many, between 5-7 I think. When we saw the ravens I was sure that Cæsar(name of the dog) would run straight at them and chase them away and that I didn't want him to run because he had bad joints(one of the reasons we put him down). But he went straight at them and didn't seem to be in such a bad shape as I remembered him.

I took for granted that the ravens would just fly away seeing the approaching dog. But they didn't even flinch and actually chased Cæsar away and he ran back to me. It was when he turned back to me that I could see his face but it didn't look like the Cæsar I knew. He looked different from what I remember and his face seemed scared and disappointed that he had to run back to me and from the ravens. I didn't feel any fear or anything but was surprised that the ravens could scare off such a large dog.

Then I looked at the ravens under the tree and they looked mean and aggressive. Still, I felt no fear but felt like they were going to attack me and Cæsar.
Then the "leader" of the ravens ran towards me(none of them ever flew as I remember). I got all charged up and kicked it as hard as I could when it was in range. I kicked it back under the tree with the rest of the ravens. Then everything went silent and they either walked away or flew away, can't remember. Or I and Cæsar walked away and they just stood under the tree. The dream ended at that moment.

My own interpretation so far:

Ravens are quite a heavy symbol as I understand it. Everything from representing our deepest and darkest sides, to death, rebirth, or bringers of wisdom and progress. I could be wrong of course but my take on this dream so far(if it has any real value at all) is that I am not recognising my darker/shadow sides(by kicking the raven back to the rest of them) or I repelled some kind of attack. Could also mean multiple others things that I don't see.

Anyway, thanks for reading, and to those offering their insights and interpretation ;)

I don't have any insight on the meaning of this dream, but a weird coincidence. This morning, I let my dog out as usual. She barked a few times, then came back in, acting strangely, wanting to "hide" under the table. A while later, we went on our morning walk, and she acted normally. Lena is a black lab mix of some kind. As we were walking past one house, Lena plopped down in the grass to roll on her back to scratch it. As she is rolling around, a flock of blackbirds (not ravens, just regular blackbird), flew around and landed in the tree above her. Remembering this dream, I looked all around to see if there was anything out of the ordinary, but didn't see a thing. The birds were in dead limbs of the tree, cackling and flying around. I called Lena and we left. The birds were still there. I see this kind of bird every now and then, I just thought it a weird resemblance to the dream.

In the dream you said he was not hampered anymore by the joint problems and then in your own words you said he seemed disappointed that he had to run back to you. Maybe it is just Cæsar letting you know he is ok. You can let go.

That's an interesting dream, I suppose it depends on feelings too, I would perhaps ponder about the feelings you had upon seeing Caesar, perhaps you're still processing some of the grief that comes with having to let go of him.

Maybe the Ravens are how you perceive the part of you that understood that it was better for Caesar to be put down, and that maybe felt a bit mean, and as such, the ravens are something that threatens your harmony with Caesar, or what Caesar represented within you.

But that is all speculation, I think it depends a lot on how you felt about Caesar and how you felt in your dream, and what Caesar represents in your life. The way that dream reads, to me, is that the ravens attacked or threatened the part of you that is represented by your relationship with your late dog, and it could be related to grief.

my two humble cents.

That's an interesting dream, I suppose it depends on feelings too, I would perhaps ponder about the feelings you had upon seeing Caesar, perhaps you're still processing some of the grief that comes with having to let go of him.

Maybe the Ravens are how you perceive the part of you that understood that it was better for Caesar to be put down, and that maybe felt a bit mean, and as such, the ravens are something that threatens your harmony with Caesar, or what Caesar represented within you.

But that is all speculation, I think it depends a lot on how you felt about Caesar and how you felt in your dream, and what Caesar represents in your life. The way that dream reads, to me, is that the ravens attacked or threatened the part of you that is represented by your relationship with your late dog, and it could be related to grief.
Thank you for your thoughts, Alejo.

I know that the time before we had to put him down and the "waiting" was quite hard emotionally. But I actually "voted" to let him out of his misery(as I saw it) months before it actually happened. Now that I think about it I remember a friend telling me that dogs can sense when their owners want to end their lives. But he said it negatively; that Cæsar knew I wanted to kill him and that that was bad on my part. I brushed it off as someone not knowing the entire situation but still giving advice.

There is nothing more I want than for him to be happy and at peace wherever he is. And I hope at some point to see him again. And what he meant to the family and especially for my mother and father can not be said enough. He was a kind, caring and gentle soul and I do miss him dearly but he had to go. His mission here was over and he did a hell of a good job!

Back
Top Bottom