A list of apocalyptic dreams I've had over the years

othree

Jedi
In the 1990's I used to have a number of dreams which I now understand where possibly about the end of the world or some other apocalyptic scenarios. Back then I thought they were just unpleasant, nightmare type dreams caused by me eating too late at night. They were exceptionally intense and stuck with me forever.

Since the C's encouraged us to share our dreams, here is what I remember:

- A recurring dream of the sky being heavily overcast, extremely dark, and full of doom and gloom and me reaching with my head to try to touch the low hanging dark clouds, but never really quite succeeding. I would wake up from those dreams with a lot of dread.

- A dream of darkness everywhere, low hanging clouds, the sky being covered in clouds, not a single ray of sunshine, and seeing houses and entire landscapes including cities being ablaze on the horizon.

- A dream of being at home in our apartment, on the 3rd floor and seeing water rising outside, up to our windows: major flooding taking place.

- A dream of intergalactic war. I was seeing some fighter jet type spacecraft being involved in a battle: they were dodging other fast moving space vehicles. There was the sensation of a war going on somewhere in space in between planets and me either participating in it or observing it but being kinda in the middle of it.

- Feeling a planet approaching very close to our planet, or the planet I was on. The approaching planet was so close that it would fill up half the sky.

- A month ago or so I was dreaming of being crushed by a massive ocean wave. I was on the beach, sun was shining, and all of a sudden I saw this massive wave, hundreds of meters high crush over me. Everything went dark, and I knew I died, but there was no suffering at all, just darkness all around me. But I was still fully aware of everything. The darkness was not uncomfortable, just all encompassing. But I was OK. No suffering. I have to say, that drowning would be my least favorite way to die. I'd rather be incinerated by a micro-nova or struck on the head by a boulder or something. Unless the drowning happened like in the dream, then that would be OK as well LOL.

Back
Top Bottom