A German subtitled film called "The Wave"

Horseofadifferentcolor

Jedi Council Member
Great story about a teacher who teaches his students about dictatorship. I wish this would be released in the U.S. I found it on netflicks. The class at first really gets into this project until it turns into a true monster. A must see for people that still believe in voting for puppets. A very shocking ending. It kind of reminds me of that project where they set up normal people to play the roles of prisoner and warden in prison and how they started to believe in the roles they played.

Hi horseofadifferentcolor. The Wave was actually a novel published in 1981 that gave a fictionalized account of a Third Wave experiment at a US highschool in the 60's. I've really come to enjoy the german movie, especially as a modern interpretation, although I think the macabre at the end was a little on the extreme side.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Third_Wave

I think it's up there with the Stanford Prison Experiment in the creepiness factor on how people can so easily turn into monsters when subjected to hypnotic and dissociative environmental conditioning.

Hello Whitecoast,

Yes, I agree the ending was pretty gruesome. It shows how easy it is. I showed a church going friend the other day something that was shocking to her. I asked her to show me with her arms how much she loves god. She made big arms.
I then asked her to sit down if she had an understanding of god. She then sat down. I then asked her to stand up if she wanted to be close to god, and she stood.
I then pointed out all of the things I just had her do and she was pretty shocked, but finally understood what I was trying say.

Reactions: Pat
I just watched this movie (Die Welle / La Vague) and really liked it. Plot is simple: a teacher asks his students wether they believe if another dictatorship could rise in Germany and wants to prove them they are wrong thinking that it couldn't.

More on wikipedia.

It's well done frome a psychological point of view, and being from 2008, there is no LGBT propaganda in it, how relaxing :lol:

Highly recommanded :thup:

Also, @whitecoast I wonder, with all we have seen in the world since your post in 2012 (and the knowledge acquired in between), if you still find that the ending is too on the extreme side?

Back
Top Bottom