A dream with a cross and an interpretation of the symbol

thorbiorn

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
A reason I share this dream is that there was something about the cross in the dream that helped me to understand it differently and in a way that surprised me.

The larger context is that I began to sell out some books. In the process of finding out about the prices, I discovered other books, which led to reading and reflection, bringing back memories from a long time ago. In this dream, something came up from that period.

Actually, there are two dreams. In the first, I walked along a corridor and came to the entrance area of a cathedral. I threw a shy and fleeting glance inside and turned out of the building. Outside was a woman, we were walking side by side, and then we sat down. I woke up and wondered why I had not explored the church. I went back to sleep and dreaming again. At some stage, there was an image of a person lying as if horizontally in the clouds. I had seen him many years ago, but never spoken to him. He was a director of a large facility at a time I was sometimes attending a local church, the only months in my life, I resembled a regular churchgoer, knew the priest and some people attending. In the dream, upon seeing the figure in the clouds, I thought about him and what came back was "He is dead." Then there was an image of a cross and something was written in the quadrants, it was tiny and not sharp enough in the dreaming state to be readable. In this case, I asked for a clarification, and it came as a thought that the vertical beam is the connection within, to ourselves, to higher values, the horizontal is the sharing with other people. End of dream.

Comments on the cross in the dream as a symbol
Dream and reality is not the same, but I soon connected the idea from the dream about the cross to the saying in Mark 12:30-31 which in KJVD has: "And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. 31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these." which again resonates with Deuteronomy 6:4-5 and Leviticus 19:18. Connecting these sayings to the dream, the love of self and God, represent the vertical beam, the love of neighbour represents the horizontal beam.

The reason I asked for clarification in the dream regarding the meaning of the cross is because there was a time when such moments of not understanding a dream would come, and I would ignore them or even suppress. Once, I ended up feeling regret at how I went about that, as when I with a dream gun shot two characters shining a subtle light. They represented, and I knew it, two ancestors, but I could not handle their silent presence, their serenity, and was afraid because they were the only ones shining on the row of lifeless, gray busts which they also turned into. After doing more dream work, including reading that one could try to interview one's dream characters, when writing down the dream and working with them later, I became more comfortable exploring the nuances. I also learned that I could sometimes ask questions while still in the dream, even if not lucid. I prefer when it comes naturally, just from a subtle knowing it could be an option. If dreams and their symbology may occasionally contain useful information, it may still require energy to extract it, one could call it dream mining. Typically, I need to note dreams down and/or think about them before I may extract what I have failed to see, or need to be reminded of.

Seeing the unseen presents a challenge
Above I mentioned the dream episode with the dream gun that left me with regret. For an illustration of the concept that saying opposing opportunities offered in other states is not always the best choice, there is this excerpt:
Q: [...](V) Well, you know, there is something going on with me lately, and that might be what that 'click' is about. I feel like I am standing aside a future. (L) You need to make a choice of some sort? (V) No, I don't know that it's a choice, it's like I feel I need to change my vibration, or change something to be able to move into that that I've seen. I don't know. I'd really like to ask about this “despairicin” thing. That hilarious little visual I got this morning about the bottle of “despairicin”, what in heavens name... where did that come from? Did that come from my mind; did it come from energy leaving? The despair leaving? That was just too funny. It was funny. It was hilarious. What is the base of that?

A: Think!

Q: (V) Well, I would like to think that I was getting rid of something - despair and pills? Oh! In taking herbals I'm...

A: Maybe Despairicin is like a 4th density "antibiotic" for the treatment of despair. If so, perhaps one would be wise to embrace it, rather than to flush it. Better luck next "time."

Q: (V) So, when I flushed my bottle of despairicin, it actually got flushed and left my presence? That's what they are saying. I just didn't think it was real. How in the heck was I supposed to know? In the 3rd density, despair is not a good thing. Nobody wants it...
I think the impulse to flush in the above example is like the dream gun I regretted having used. It is destruction out of fear or habit. Sometimes fierce fighting and resistance is exactly what is needed, also in dreams, but there are other options, and one challenge is to decide what is needed when, as if seeing the unseen does not apply to the waking state only. In the case of the dream gun, one could also say the whole dream, pain and all was the image to be carried forth and analyzed, leading to seeing more of the unseen. This would be similar to saying that the incidence in the Session with Despairicin was the larger gift. Had V accepted the offer of Despairicin, what happened may not have troubled her, the question would not have been asked, we would not have known that a 4th Density equivalent to medicine even existed as a possibility and a concept. One can probably ask for such help, or deserve it, but the story also shows something about the quality of being able to receive.

Back
Top Bottom