A dream that stuck with me and still bothers me

Artex

Jedi
This is from late May of 2016 and I recorded it the next morning:

Throughout the dream it was night. I was mostly alone except for what I remember as background characters I didn't interact with.

It was quiet with occasional rumblings which in the dream I interpreted as earthquakes (but I was sleeping in a hotel near O'hare in reality). There was a sense of foreboding. That the earth was going to be destroyed in totality was specifically thought of or mentioned at one point; not the destruction just of humanity, but the destruction of all known life.

I was searching for something or someone (which I remember conceptually as a person with whom I had deep emotional attachments, not necessarily romantic, but a longing, represented by actress Kristen Schaal who I think of as hilarious, but odd and have no physical attraction to).

Note - if a show has Kristen Schaal in it, I am much more likely to watch that show.

I was time-traveling or teleporting between a set of 5 or 6 locations. One location was a train depot, but it was a steam train and the depot was more like a fort with wooden walls and dirt paths. I did not interact with the train. There was a dog looking at me.

One location was a spartan (empty, clean) kitchen, colors were green and brown, maybe some yellow, like something you'd find in a house designed in the 70s. The impression was that an old woman lived there alone. I did not see her.

The only other location I can remember somewhat clearly was the same location where the dream ended. It was a cabin on the edge of a community of some kind. The floors were wood and there was a window with a simple curtain. This is where I saw my immediate family. This is also where I saw Kristen (as the person I was seeking). It was quiet. No sounds of nature or people.

I cannot remember clearly but at some point there was either a discussion or book/article about the end of the world. The end of the world would be astronomical/cosmic in nature. Something coming from space was going to destroy the world.

Kristen walked away from the cabin scene down a dirt path in a broad rolling grass field and turned toward me, her eyes had gone completely black and the impression was that she was not human. As she walked away I started to panic and became sad. I was going to say something to her but she stopped again and said "No you didn't" or "No you don't" and I couldn't respond, or had nothing that made sense to say. It was as if in response to something I was thinking but I can't fathom a guess at what that was now.

I turned back to my family within the cabin, and the rumbling happened again. I was no longer calm at this point, expecting the ceiling to cave in and kill us. I longed for a quick death, not a prolonged painful one, but expected to die. I just didn't want to die in the manner I was expecting.

I went to the window with the curtain to see what was happening outside and that's when I saw an ultraviolet star on the horizon like an enormous black light with a glowing corona. It was smaller than the moon, but bigger by far than any other stars in the sky, and I realized that in only a few moments the star would collide with the earth. The star was about 45 degrees above the horizon. But it wasn't the star that was moving, because all the stars were ascending the horizon. The Earth had begun to spin rapidly. That star was stunningly beautiful, and the impression was not malice, but calm. Then I woke up.

Once awake, I was kind of shaken. It hung with me well past writing it down, and I still think of it now and again. I thought I'd put it out there since I still have no clue what it could symbolize. My life was not in chaos. No one died or was at risk of dying. My relationship was (and still is) great. I had no confrontations with anyone. Wasn't angry about anything in particular. I just don't know why I would have such a foreboding dream.

I'm not sure if you've seen the show, but Kristen Schaal was an actress on The Last Man on Earth, which is set in a post-apocalyptic Earth—a curious synchronicity.

Good catch. I'd started watching it but quickly lost interest.

Hi Artex,

Celebrities as dream symbols being a bit of a hobby of mine, I wonder if there happened to be a particular 'character' that she represented / immediately brought to mind for you?

I was searching for something or someone (which I remember conceptually as a person with whom I had deep emotional attachments, not necessarily romantic, but a longing, represented by actress Kristen Schaal...

As a dream symbol, thought her name notable.

'Kristen' obviously rooted in 'Christ'.

'Joy' derived from Norman joie, Latin gaudia meaning 'to rejoice' etc.

And 'Schaal';

The source of the name is debated. Some have linked it to the Hebrew phrase "shaal" (to ask, inquire). Some linguists argue that it is rooted in the ancient town ShaalBim as mentioned the bible as a "place of foxes" (Joshua 19:42), indicating that the Schaal name-bearers are members of the Cohen tribe. Due to phonetic differences the Schaal family members who lived in Salonika were bearing the name Shaul, Shoual or Shaoul, indicating that the name derives from King Shaul.

Shaal, sha'al, Shaul all translating to Saul, among other things the name of The Apostle, coincidentally also an obsolete term for Soul.

I wonder if there happened to be a particular 'character' that she represented / immediately brought to mind for you?
So far as I can remember, it would be notable that she wasn't being funny or smiling, but was formidable while being non-threatening. Someone "above" me but not meant to instill fear?

I was not aware her middle name was Joy. That's new info.

I was searching for something or someone (which I remember conceptually as a person with whom I had deep emotional attachments, not necessarily romantic, but a longing, represented by actress Kristen Schaal...
Saul (/sɔːl/; Hebrew: שָׁאוּל‎ – Šāʾūl, Greek: Σαούλ, meaning "asked for, prayed for")
That's interesting...

I would really like to figure out the meaning of the violet star, and that may bring understanding to the whole thing.

I would really like to figure out the meaning of the violet star, and that may bring understanding to the whole thing.

Yeah I bet, quite a powerful symbol it would seem to me, are you familiar with the RA Material?

...you have in the body/mind/spirit complex one basic polarity expressed in what you would call violet-ray energy, the sum of the energy fields, but which is affected by thoughts of all kinds generated by the mind complex, by distortions of the body complex, and by the numerous relationships between the microcosm which is the entity and the macrocosm in many forms which you may represent by viewing the stars, as you call them, each with a contributing energy ray which enters the electromagnetic web of the entity due to its individual distortions.

May be something of value there?

Yeah I bet, quite a powerful symbol it would seem to me, are you familiar with the RA Material?

May be something of value there?

That sounds a little like what the Cs describe as one's frequency resonance vibration or FRV.

Do you know which session? There is a big gap of sessions I haven't read yet, from like 2012 to 2018.

It was mentioned in February 21, 1998 and February 23, 2002. Laura has also devoted a chapter to it in her wave series here:

It's also mentioned in the downloadable PDF version of CassWiki here, which I highly recommend!

Back
Top Bottom