A demon? Or a few...

Novelis

Jedi Master
About three years ago now, I started a form of energy work called the New Energy Ways (N.E.W) system because I was in really poor health, I thought this method would not only cure physical ailments, but would also teach me how to raise and sense energy, which is a skill so useful I can't even begin to describe the various ways I've benefited from it.

_http://www.astraldynamics.com/tutorials/?BoardID=6

If anyone's interested...

Anyways, since learning this skill I've been getting steadily more aware of subtle energy influences and changes, and I've had many, and I mean MANY attacks, in fact, the last few years have been a living nightmare sometimes, but that's not to say I am not incredibly grateful towards the experience.
One morning, I was dreaming about going to bed, when I felt a body next to me, not knowing that I was dreaming, my awareness explained it by thinking there was someone sharing the bed with me, but as I became more lucid I realised where I was, then, I felt sharp claws against my back, and that's when I knew I was awake, this entity talked to me, then went on my back and started applying pressure, I actually felt myself physically sink into the mattress, then his hands cupped my head and it started smothering my head into the pillow!

I don't know how I didn't freak out, but I remembered reading somewhere that negative entities (I call them Negs for short) tend to just want to scare you, I didn't give it what it wanted and relaxed, the moment I did so, it went away.
Since then, I've had many more attacks, but most of them more of a covert and more manipulative nature than this instance. Once I clearly saw a mind's eye image of an ugly demon I think I've had for a long time, since childhood probably...
I've had many scary experiences since I started on this "journey", some voices I've heard are so clever and devious it's unbelievable! The fact of the matter is, the matrix doesn't want me to have a whole lot of energy, and I can't help but think that maybe I chose to deal with such horrible demons for a very good reason.
I started to learn that the very way your physical body is, with it's various ailments and inadequacies is a perfect reflection of problems in the energy body and the mind, and the only way the mind can start reaching into infinite potential is by making sure the body is well looked after, this is what yogis have been teaching for thousands of years, and I definitely want to be well prepared physically, mentally and spiritually for whatever happens in the future.
Learning this simple skill has really helped me out in staggering ways, it might have even been the beginning of my interest in the unknown, I fully recommend it for anyone and everyone... Tai Chi too.

I've had a few similar experiences which I have posted on this forum. Another one I have had recently involved a voice directly in front of my face screaming 'NO!' at me while in a half-awake state. The voice in my head said 'no' back (as in 'no, you won't scare me as is your aim'). On each occasion I have made it fairly clear that they are wasting their time. Learning about these entities helps one to combat their techniques with mental fortitude, the key thing here is that most 'Negs' work along the path of least resistance, as is the nature of STS attack.
So. once again, knowledge protects.

As you know, Novelis, by increasing the amount of energy available to certain centres you are increasing your ability to perceive these things which are always around us

I've been practicing N.E.W. on and off for the past few years, usually doing circulations before I get out of bed. I noticed that there are profound effects as the secondary centers open, and afterwards it dies down quite a bit, unless you leave off for a few days and get back to it, whereupon the centers need to be reopened.

I do not agree with Robert Bruce that the toning down of the effect is natural. After the first surge and rebalancing environmantal factors compress the centers, while keeping up the circulation maintains a rudimentary opening. I found I can circulate with much feeling at night, but after a certain time in the morning (when the majority of people are up) I tend to feel a numbness in the effect.

The effect itself is based on tactile imaging as Bruce claims, and is a neurologic fact, based on the stimulation of the corresponding tactile centers in the cortex and their stimulating connections to the corresponding body areas. What is interesting is the effect of tactile imaging when applied to the bone marrow. I'm sure you are aware of condensation marrow breathing in Qi Gong, where you condense and ocmpact Qi into the bone marrow.

Apparently, the marrow contribution is important, which is hardly surprizing given the iron (presence of magnetic field) content, and the fact it generates white blood cells as well.

I had similar experiences to yourself, when I started doing intense kundalini meditation and chakra opening years ago, for an intense period of a month. I had nightmares the whole month, often dreaming of animals biting me and waking up with bruises, where I could not have hit myself. I would hear voices grumbling threats in my ears before I went to sleep and have dreams of guru demons trying to stop my meditations.

I also had bad dreams of people, who I later discovered harboured severe ill will against me at the time (through no fault of mine). Bruce's method of going back to the most recent dream and lifting the image to see what lurks underneath helped with recent similar experiences. The psychic attack effect by whatever direction (human, "neg", loose though-form fragments) would reoccure at various times in my life, usually when my energy body would reach a new stage of opening, bucking the common consensus.

These influences, as long as you march with the crowd usually either leave you alone or feed on you like leeches that you can't feel. When you buck the trend, however, they often make a presence.

EsoQuest said:
I had similar experiences to yourself, when I started doing intense kundalini meditation and chakra opening years ago, for an intense period of a month. I had nightmares the whole month, often dreaming of animals biting me and waking up with bruises, where I could not have hit myself. I would hear voices grumbling threats in my ears before I went to sleep and have dreams of guru demons trying to stop my meditations.

I also had bad dreams of people, who I later discovered harboured severe ill will against me at the time (through no fault of mine). Bruce's method of going back to the most recent dream and lifting the image to see what lurks underneath helped with recent similar experiences. The psychic attack effect by whatever direction (human, "neg", loose though-form fragments) would reoccure at various times in my life, usually when my energy body would reach a new stage of opening, bucking the common consensus.

These influences, as long as you march with the crowd usually either leave you alone or feed on you like leeches that you can't feel. When you buck the trend, however, they often make a presence.
Kundalini Meditation? Bruises on the body? Hmm. From what I can gather, this Kundalini business and chakra opening is certainly another minefield. I remember having some pretty bizarre energy circulating in all kinds of places it shouldn't have.

I was never drawn to the Kundalini/chakra stuff but I think I more or less had the same results while studying Taoist energy techniques, right use of energy, breath control sexual energy - the whole kit and kaboodle. However, after a few months into some of the exercises which obviously included a good deal of meditation I only had to direct my intention even marginally to the base of the spine and my head nearly blew off. Quite disconcerting really. It felt like both a chemical rush and an electrical storm all at once. Then I spent a week sweating profusely. As it was in the dead of winter people began to think I was on drugs.

I stopped after that as it was just too poweful to control it. I probably didn't do my self any favours as I remember the following year was one of the hardest of my life, emotionally, mentally and materially.

Well, character building stuff...Sheesh.

J.

Well, that was a long time ago, and a lot of what was going on was being able to percieve the ill intent of other people in a harsh manner. I guess there are risks even in crossing the street in a busy intersection, and the only advice I could give is look before you leap.:)

EsoQuest said:
Well, that was a long time ago, and a lot of what was going on was being able to percieve the ill intent of other people in a harsh manner. I guess there are risks even in crossing the street in a busy intersection, and the only advice I could give is look before you leap.:)
Oh indeed. This Taoist explorations were quite a while back too, perhaps 12 years or so. Many lessons that we have that are probably "bad" at the time can aid us significantly in the future, provided we actually grok the lesson and the negative consequences. After all, this is what it's all about: Learning, seeing, storing the information, sharing, and moving on to the next lesson. An amazing process really - especially when the knowledge built can be applied and shared in the way that is occuring here.

J.

It's great to see that a few people are interested in this field of study, I started the Daoist methods of meditation a few months ago, I got this book called "Da mo's Muscle/Tendon changing, Marrow/Brain washing classics" it's pretty scary stuff in there! I don't even dare read it until I have a better idea of the theory behind it, there is an exercise where you tie a dumbbell to the testicles and you swing it back and forth... Made me cringe just thinking about it!
What I like about the new energy ways is just how simple it can be done, I tend to raise energy all day long since it doesn't require much concentration, not only that, but the building of the energy body is very gradual, so I have never had surges of energy I couldn't handle, the key I think is to cooperate with this energy, not try to dominate it or let it dominate you, I just think of it as a friend that enjoys being working with me for mutual benefit. If you approach the exercises in that way you'll never feel overwhelmed or intimidated by it.
Gaelen, what Daoist meditation exercises are you doing? If you have any recommendations I’d be most grateful.
For me, the tingling and heat sensations are getting more intense as I go along, with the increase of my sensitivity to energy sensations, I now can feel different Negs and what they are doing, which is scary sometimes, but I treat it like a test and feel an enormous sense of peace when the attacks have been neutralised.
Another thing I really like about the N.E.W system is how you can learn to perform the exercises during almost any activity with practice, I now perform Tai Chi as slow as I can while doing energy work at the same time, it's quite hard work, but the effects are almost miraculous! I now see energy wisps and auras quite often, plus I can really concentrate on the energy channels at work during various movements.
I've been practicing the N.E.W solidly for about two years now, and the only problem I think is how slowly one progresses with it, this is why recently I've been looking for other ways of cultivating energy, has anyone heard of Falon Gong? I've been thinking about starting that as well, was just wondering if anyone has had some experience in that matter, or indeed any other methods of Qi cultivation.
Thanks.

Hi
I had heard of NEW energy ways about two years ago, it appealed to me because it doesn't require strong visualization skills. Recently I ordered his book astral dynamics and began the exercises. As far other cultivating Qi techniques I would have to recommend the Eight section brocade and Zhang Zhuang. I'm no energy expert as I've only recently begun this training. The Zhang Zhuang technique can be found in "The way of energy" book it also contains the eight section brocade. Here is a link to amazon.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/1856752151/qid=1141646657/sr=2-1/ref=sr_2_2_1/202-5795952-0499024

Novelis said:
For me, the tingling and heat sensations are getting more intense as I go along, with the increase of my sensitivity to energy sensations, I now can feel different Negs and what they are doing, which is scary sometimes, but I treat it like a test and feel an enormous sense of peace when the attacks have been neutralised.
Negs are obviously parasitic, and like all parasites, they flourish in an environemnt where the host is make accessible to them in some manner, or even weakened. By increasing your energy potential, you are probably disrupting their feeding patterns on the one hand, and making waves attracting more on the other.

For what it's worth I believe they are trying to get you to abandon your ways, as it were, so they can get back to the business of subconscious feeding. Apparently, since your energy is still building your system is still acclimating. It should reach a saturation state that feels comfortable to you, but is much more intense than your former energy state (before N.E.W.). So the encounters with negs you describe might be more on the order of a reaction that will either pass or bring you to a transition where you can be free of such influences (like a revelation or shift to a new level).

I'm just getting a feel of the situation through what you described, and that's how it rings with me.

I've heard that if you cultivate Qi and work on martial arts you are attracting powerful demons towards you, at first, while you are harmonising the energy body and getting rid of attachments, one can only feel and sense these negs' influence, but when you start getting into the realms of astral travelling further down the line you actually start "fighting" these entities or helping the ones in trouble, we must remember that most of these attachments are lost and confused, these are souls that I feel the need to help as well, even though it may be very dangerous. Reading Bruce's book "astral dynamics" really gave me an idea of the parasitic nature of the some really powerful demons.

Novelis said:
Gaelen, what Daoist meditation exercises are you doing? If you have any recommendations I’d be most grateful. For me, the tingling and heat sensations are getting more intense as I go along, with the increase of my sensitivity to energy sensations, I now can feel different Negs and what they are doing, which is scary sometimes, but I treat it like a test and feel an enormous sense of peace when the attacks have been neutralised.
Another thing I really like about the N.E.W system is how you can learn to perform the exercises during almost any activity with practice, I now perform Tai Chi as slow as I can while doing energy work at the same time, it's quite hard work, but the effects are almost miraculous! I now see energy wisps and auras quite often, plus I can really concentrate on the energy channels at work during various movements.
Hi Novelis,

The answer is none - not now. The Taoist explorations I referred to took place more than 12 years ago and since that time I realised, for me, that The Work (or the present extension of a 4th Way system via Cassiopaea) has more importance. I experimented with a whole gamut of things ranging from psychodynamics to theosophy, geomancy, ecology, tai chi martial arts, etc. leading up to this point. And that's ok. It's all part of the search both to heal oneself and to know what offers a way through the forest towards something authentic and true. I have great respect for Taoism and I think it can offer enormous benefits, but my focus now is different. (I actually still do some basic conscious breathing and feldenkrais movements). Learning and applying Knowledge as best as we can, has implications across the whole body/mind matrix.

J.

That's cool, I've often wondered whether continuing meditation and Tai chi would be the best use of my time, it's weird, I only started training hard since reading the Cassies material, and the reason is quite simple.
The fact is, I have always had very bad health, and I’ve never been good at exercises, by the age of 18 my health had gotten so bad that I was experiencing ailments people don't tend to get until they reach the age of 40! This means I wasn’t using energy in an efficient and correct way. (This idea is based on my learning about daoist principles anyway.) Now, the daoist speak of soul alignment, which the spirit can only express itself in its true form if the mind and body are working in coordination and harmony, and the way I was certainly not allowing my spirit, as in nature to express itself in a way that it wants.
At nearly the same time of realising this, that in cultivation of self there are no shortcuts, I came across a method of active meditation called the infinity mind system, a method of increasing intelligence by combining visualization skills with the Socratic method of cultivating linguistic abilities. The aim of this method is to exercise the brain in a manner that allows both half’s of the brain to be equally utilized throughout daily life, which increases awareness dramatically, and with that new awareness, one generally functions at a greater capacity. At first, the meditation is about raising points of IQ, but once this skill is learned, it allows one conscious access to the subconscious mind, which means in the end, one could use the subconscious mind to solve problems and think of ingenious ideas.
I've been doing this almost daily for about one year and a few months now, and the increased capacity for learning more and faster have improved significantly. In other words, the moments I have when I realise something significant that helps me acquire and apply knowledge might have never happened if I didn't start training. Here is a link if anyone wants to have a look.

_http://www.volitionth.com

Since then, I've also been learning about energy, spiritual attachments and cultivating Qi. The reason why I've always had ill health is because of stagnant energy, and the reason why I have stagnant energy is most likely because of attachments, how do you get rid of attachments? Well, it's kind of a catch 22, if you desire to cultivate Qi; you have to learn how to have more energy with attachments there to make sure you don't do that! (See my thread on internal and external attacks, the paradox that situation creates is quite interesting...) Life becomes hell basically, you have the attachments and lizzies on the one hand doing everything in their power to stop you internally to do the exercises like making you extremely tired and afraid, while on the other hand you are trying your best to work against these chemical boundaries to do these exercises, so at first one is utterly useless at these methods, but with persistence and continuous effort the progression starts to snowball until critical mass is achieved and you rise above the attachments, only then are you reflecting the true self. (Through this particular method of escaping from the matrix)
Anyway, I eventually came down to the conclusion that the only way to use my brain to it's highest potential is to first master the body, when the body is good, the brain is good, when the brain can be utilized in a highly advanced way, then the doorway to the infinite mind is open. In other words, only when the body and the brain is one can the finite reflect the infinite soul in the way the spirit truly desires.
There are many ways to grow, and I'm not saying this is THE way, but my aim is to use this finite vessel (i.e. the body) in the way my spirit desires, so that in any situation I'll always be flowing with nature, and I'll die with absolutely no regrets.
The only problem is the fact that all this is very progressive, and takes a long time, but the state of flowing with nature isn't finite, there is always another step anyway, so even if I don't make it before I die, I'll still be more aligned with nature than before, so I'll still use my body and intellect to help people as sincerely as possible, which is the point isn't it?
This is why I continue with these methods of cultivation, the way I see it, I am simply learning how to apply this knowledge and contribute to the world in a more meaningful way.
Although I see the Dao of contributing in this way, I don't mind if anyone can suggest a better way forward, or if my assumptions need correcting, feel free to pick holes in my beliefs, that's what I am here to do anyway, to learn lessons...

Well the main thing I would say is that removing attachments in a direct manner maybe should be more of a priority for you. Because of their possible influence of psychology as well as physiology, they might complicate the whole mental growth process. This might interfere with your ability to discern the 'A' influences from the 'B' influences, as Mouravieff terms them, and that should probably be THE priority for anyone who wants to 'escape the matrix'

Ben, you’ve mentioned this to me before, but I'm afraid I don't really understand what you mean by removing the attachments in a "direct" manner. Maybe a few mental exercises like Neil Slade's mind movie rewrite exercises would be useful to find out where these pesky critters reside, but the effectiveness of this course of action depends heavily upon the degree of control and influence the Neg has on its victim doesn't it?
As far as I know, you can’t just tell them to go away, you can only make their home as uncomfortable as possible so that they leave, if you confront them when you are weak, they can cause serious damage to you if they feel threatened, again it depends how tight their grip is on you and how experienced they are, so how else can I get rid of them unless I develop my energy and physical body to be strong?
Robert Bruce suggests rearranging your environment to make it harder for negs to operate, like placing bowls of water near the bed, assigning “protectors” by bestowing great importance and positive energies upon an object you value, drawing sacred symbols upon parts of the body where the attachment is and ECT. I tried that and nothing changed, perhaps the best idea is to find a powerful seer to release these attachments from me, but that's not very likely to happen, and besides, why not learn to become a seer yourself in order to dig yourself out of the hole? Surely THAT is the most direct method of not only ridding yourself of these influences, but also the best way to learn about them in order to help yourself and others.
Remember, for Robert Bruce to become the seer he is today, he had to endure some of the worst attacks imaginable, although the experience was nightmarish, it could be viewed as an initiative process for him to become a shaman, maybe that is what is happening here? You’ve mentioned before that negs have tried to infiltrate your psyche, but you managed to resist fairly easily, is that because you have good defences, or because you aren’t attracting an opponent worthy of being a great challenge? (yet)
What do you think? That goes for anyone out there.

"Removing attachments" is tricky, because you do not want to throw out the baby with the bathwater. Often a wounded part of self may look just as ugly as a neg, and we can easily end up amputating ourselves for the sake of purity and release.

I would say that aside from attacks where you are absolutely sure that the attacking elements are not part of your own subconscious the first step is to know your energy signature to the deepest level that you can feel it. I fell into this trap using Bruce's "slash and burn" imaging method, where I got the feeling I was hurting myself. This is what I realized after much soul searching.

Negs act like psychopaths. They entwine thelselves with your own bioenergy matrix and if you address them they cry out that you are hurting yourself. At the same time they fool aspects of the subconscious into alliance with them. You can't just let them get away with murder, but at the same time one needs to tread carefully, expanding the spectrum of self-contact all the while.

What I found is that a method such as slash and burn works in the context of self-acceptance. When there is an intention of self acceptance and an opening of the tactile/feeling response the flame itself transforms to burn only the negs, which you may actually sense as screaming in protest, while if it was a real part of you, you would feel it more intimately.

After such an experience the subconscious may be afraid that it has lost something, and usually some energy circulation affirms all is well, especially when this is combined with a little deep communication with those parts addressed that all is well because inner continuity is maintained.

Anyway, the negs target the sense of self, just so the parasites can camouflage themselves in your being in the hope that you will hurt yourself in trying to remove them. They try to push you into self-denial, when what really needs to develop is self-understanding, self-coherence and self-knowledge in the bioenergetic sense as well as with mental and emovite/feeling awareness.

This is obviously not done in a day, but once you get into the groove I have found it helps quite a bit.

Back
Top Bottom