A dairy, gluten and soy free cheese alternative?

Flux2012 said:
I'm guessing that going cold turkey with this stuff is a bad idea?

Not necessarily. I went cold turkey on dairy and slowly eliminated gluten. It depends on you and your body and lots of things.

Flux2012 said:

Yeah, like Anart said, it depends on a lot of things.

My diet evolution went something like this:

Processed evil foods -> home cooked evil foods -> detox foods -> tolerable foods based on testing

I bet that if I didn't have the step in there where I got into the mindset of cooking my own foods I would have failed at any diet. I don't think I could have gone cold turkey on anything without this step. Everyone probably has their own experiences with changing their diet though. FWIW.

Overall, I think that if you're eliminating the right foods, the health you'll gain will offset any desire to go back to the evil foods. They'll feel like a punishment instead of giving you the "comfort" they once did.

RyanX said:
Flux2012 said:

Yeah, like Anart said, it depends on a lot of things.

My diet evolution went something like this:

Processed evil foods -> home cooked evil foods -> detox foods -> tolerable foods based on testing

I bet that if I didn't have the step in there where I got into the mindset of cooking my own foods I would have failed at any diet. I don't think I could have gone cold turkey on anything without this step. Everyone probably has their own experiences with changing their diet though. FWIW.

Overall, I think that if you're eliminating the right foods, the health you'll gain will offset any desire to go back to the evil foods. They'll feel like a punishment instead of giving you the "comfort" they once did.

Going off of dairy was a revelation....in just six weeks off of dairy, and I could get up in the morning without crying. I could go down the stairs on my two feet instead of shuffling down on my butt.

I can 'get away' with eating cheese once in a great while, but it was the absence of daily, crippling, pain that has been the best encouragement to stay off of dairy.

I know its tough to do...but when you can really tell the difference....it helps. :D

anart said:
Flux2012 said:

Not necessarily. I went cold turkey on dairy and slowly eliminated gluten. It depends on you and your body and lots of things.

FWIW, I did the same thing -- because of the way they are distributed in food (dairy is easier to identify and isn't mixed in with other kinds of food as much as gluten), I found it really easy to just stop dairy immediately. It took me longer to get off gluten, but it's partly because it takes more work to learn how to look for it as a hidden ingredient, and also takes more creativity to replace. In my experience, RyanX is also right that cooking for yourself makes all of this a lot easier.

Yea, I hardly eat out anymore. I am usually buying foods from health food stores/departments and cooking with those. Though, I have yet to completely eliminate dairy and glutten from my diet, I am gradually straying away from it.

Back
Top Bottom