5 year old Oliver kidnapped in Denmark

T

the rabbit

Earlier on this evening turned on the danish tv2 24 hour news channel to discover that a five year old child has been kidnapped in Denmark. By the time I caught this news the kidnapping had taken place a number of hours earlier.

There was a live interview with the father taking questions , after a while it suddenly dawned on me that the news where showing no picture of the child that may help the public identify him if they should see him.

The subtext that scrolls under the news only said that it was a five year old male and what he was wearing.

This irritated me for some reason , they might as well have been describing a missing animal , you know its a dog and it has four legs and a tale.

So.

I got a number for this news channel and I spoke to a man on the other end.

Hello can you tell me why you are not showing a photograph of the kidnapped child which in these vital hours so close to the kidnapping may produce some results from the public.

The man on the other end of the phone said "I dont know"

"Then can you contact someone who does know and sort it"

Man on the other end "Yes ok"

I dont know if it was due to my call , but within a minuit , they broke away from the interview, the news readers where a bit stuttery as when they are expecting /awaiting something , and they announced they where about to show a photograph of the child.

Then they did....the child was a young Danish / Chinese child. WOW! A bit of information they had not been mentioning untill the photograph. Now the scrolling subtext was reading , young Oliver kidnapped today he is Chinese in outlook and so on.

incompetence , amateur , or something else , I dont know. But disgusted I was and am at the way this kidnapping is being handled by the Danish news.

Oh should mention the father being interviewed was a caucasian blue eyed male.

Thanks for that 'The Rabbit'.
Thought I would have a look for the news item at TV2 news.
Heres the link with a picture of the missing boy:
http://nyhederne.tv2.dk/article.php/id-11236204.html
It does make one wonder why they would neglect to show the picture without prompting?

Thanks for that link.

On that page it gives a link (the one below) where we learn that this is not the first time a kidnapping has taken place in connection with this family. We learn that his older brother was kidnapped in 1998 !!!!!!

What on earth is going on here?

-http://nyhederne.tv2.dk/krimi/article.php/id-11239524.html

Back
Top Bottom