Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

Keit

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
At first I was about to reply in the Star Trek Discovery thread, but this show deserves a separate thread. Or at least it definitely shouldn't be discussed in the same thread as Discovery. ;-)

I understand that the first season came out in the beginning of May, so I am kind of late to the party. I watched two episodes so far, but I am already pretty excited that Star Trek isn't totally dead after all. :wow: Still cautious, but apparently the rest of the episodes aren't that bad either, so looking forward to the rest.

Very glad that after the writing abominations named Picard and Discovery, the producers lost enough money to cave in a little bit and give ST fans a show with a crew that has a proper character development and actually explores new worlds.

It's not perfect, and there is a mandatory wokeness, but I guess we can't get away with it completely nowadays. It's not too overt. though, and Pike is a solid Starfleet captain. :-)👍

I'm so glad that they are doing this show. In the 2nd season of Discovery, Anson Mount, who plays Pike and Rebecca Romijn, who is his Number One, were the only two characters that I thought were great and was excited when it was said that they were going to be featured in a spin off. So glad that they wised up a bit and went ahead with it.

Picard was a good series IMO. SNW's is decent but the new season of The Orville has at least a couple of really good episodes, so I was more impressed with it. FWIW

I started on the 2nd season of Picard and gave up half way through. It took such a dramatic turn into woke this and climate change that and illegal aliens this and generally just boring. Then it turned characters that should be powerful/menacing into… sad shadows of their former selves. The show really lost me. But Strange New Worlds is great!

I started on the 2nd season of Picard and gave up half way through. It took such a dramatic turn into woke this and climate change that and illegal aliens this and generally just boring. Then it turned characters that should be powerful/menacing into… sad shadows of their former selves. The show really lost me. But Strange New Worlds is great!

I didn’t like any of the two new seasons with Picard either. Not at all, in fact! As far as I’m concerned, it would have been better if those two new seasons would never have been made in the first place.

Compared to Picard, it's really good. The second episode of the series is about one of the intelligent comets who are "ancient arbiters and decide whether to bring life or death to a planet" they fly by.:wow:

I watched two episodes so far, but I am already pretty excited that Star Trek isn't totally dead after all. :wow: Still cautious, but apparently the rest of the episodes aren't that bad either, so looking forward to the rest.

Very glad that after the writing abominations named Picard and Discovery, the producers lost enough money to cave in a little bit and give ST fans a show with a crew that has a proper character development and actually explores new worlds.

I agree, it is pretty good and true Star Trek fans won’t be disappointed! Already watched quite a number of episodes and I‘m quite satisfied with what they did.

Back
Top Bottom