Animal illustrations

iamthatis

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Hey all,

I thought to share this illustration I made of the Caribou that live in my region. You can see in the photo the skull of the male, a gesture towards their endangered status, as well as the care of the mother for her calf.

Take care out there!

Attachments

• kootenay caribou.png
    kootenay caribou.png
    8.7 MB · Views: 86
Here's the whole zoo. I haven't had much time to sit down and do any colouring these days. But black and white will have to do for now.

These images are from a colouring book that I designed and illustrated a few years ago. It was a really wonderful project.

The colouring books themselves have had a therapeutic effect on many who have received them - from old folks in hospitals to middle-aged working-class gardeners to young kids with autism. It's been wonderful to hear these stories of peace and wonder come in. I had no intention to provide a form of art therapy. Non-anticipation sure is a mysterious gambit!

For a long time, I've run a certain program that I call 'The poor labourer'. I've generally worked in orchards and farms, and made very little money doing it, but it's been a fulfilling life.

But this boyhood past time of mine (drawing) also helped me buy my current truck through colouring book sales. So that was cool. And more recently I've decided to turn up my art-salesman game to see how much supplemental income I can bring in. I've already landed these books in a very famous winery in the area, and started branching out by asking schools if they'd like some for colouring activities for their students.

More pics to come. And please feel free to download and print if you like - for your kids, grandkids, or for yourself, if you need some quiet colouring time.

Attachments

• midnight rattler.jpg
    midnight rattler.jpg
    706.4 KB · Views: 43
  • winter hart.jpg
    winter hart.jpg
    513.3 KB · Views: 48
  • wild song.jpg
    wild song.jpg
    457.7 KB · Views: 46
  • raccoon moon.jpg
    raccoon moon.jpg
    550.5 KB · Views: 43
  • okanagan dream.jpg
    okanagan dream.jpg
    846.8 KB · Views: 44
  • moon dog.jpg
    moon dog.jpg
    691.1 KB · Views: 40
  • elk song.jpg
    elk song.jpg
    799.6 KB · Views: 42
  • coyote vista.jpg
    coyote vista.jpg
    874.8 KB · Views: 42
  • burrowing owl vision.jpg
    burrowing owl vision.jpg
    730.6 KB · Views: 39
  • black bear spirit.jpg
    black bear spirit.jpg
    661.4 KB · Views: 37
  • autumn cougar.jpg
    autumn cougar.jpg
    617.9 KB · Views: 40
  • salmon run.jpg
    salmon run.jpg
    841.3 KB · Views: 40
  • mother painted turtle.jpg
    mother painted turtle.jpg
    437.9 KB · Views: 49
Here's the whole zoo. I haven't had much time to sit down and do any colouring these days. But black and white will have to do for now.

These images are from a colouring book that I designed and illustrated a few years ago. It was a really wonderful project.

The colouring books themselves have had a therapeutic effect on many who have received them - from old folks in hospitals to middle-aged working-class gardeners to young kids with autism. It's been wonderful to hear these stories of peace and wonder come in. I had no intention to provide a form of art therapy. Non-anticipation sure is a mysterious gambit!

For a long time, I've run a certain program that I call 'The poor labourer'. I've generally worked in orchards and farms, and made very little money doing it, but it's been a fulfilling life.

But this boyhood past time of mine (drawing) also helped me buy my current truck through colouring book sales. So that was cool. And more recently I've decided to turn up my art-salesman game to see how much supplemental income I can bring in. I've already landed these books in a very famous winery in the area, and started branching out by asking schools if they'd like some for colouring activities for their students.

More pics to come. And please feel free to download and print if you like - for your kids, grandkids, or for yourself, if you need some quiet colouring time.
Excellent work iamthatis. Wonderful detail, perfect for colouring. I am a bit of an illustrator myself (my photo icon is one of my ink drawings) and I can appreciate the work that has gone into creating these images. Creating anything positive gives you a wonderful buzz. I find it both relaxing and energising at the same time. Good luck with getting them into your community.

Excellent work iamthatis. Wonderful detail, perfect for colouring. I am a bit of an illustrator myself (my photo icon is one of my ink drawings) and I can appreciate the work that has gone into creating these images. Creating anything positive gives you a wonderful buzz. I find it both relaxing and energising at the same time. Good luck with getting them into your community.

Is that an illustration of a particular 'special cat' in your life?

And please feel free to download and print if you like - for your kids, grandkids, or for yourself, if you need some quiet colouring time.
Thank you!
They are fabulous
I will do that, I enjoy drawing myself but have not done it done it for years due to focusing on post grad study, so I will enjoy the relaxation of being able to colour something that’s an inspired work.

Is that an illustration of a particular 'special cat' in your life?
Yes, a very special cat. Jack was a stray who presented himself at our front door about 25 years ago as a kitten and gradually worked his way into the household as a permanent addition. Very friendly and handsome with a lovely nature. Lived until he was 19 years old. Still miss him to this day although I have two other kitties now.

Back
Top Bottom