Some comments on information theory

Is the human freq band of perception related to our physical equipment, biochemical processes or something else? Is “being“ related to that equipment or to consciousness? Or both? Certainly if you take a drug or get hooked up to some electrodes or go into some meditative trance, that can alter the band of perception. That may even add new experiences and perspectives on being Even if only temporarily. State of being and band of perception are certainly bi-directionally inter-related but I don’t think that if you alter one, you destroy the other.
You are actually asking about the essence of an entity. It is a very difficult question. What is actually being a given being? Will you be someone else when you change your hair colour? And if you go through a mental breakdown or experience enlightenment? And will you be a different being in 30, 50 or 70 years? Were you a different being in your childhood?

There are two philosophical positions, such as perdurantism and endurantism, but this is some kind of a matter of chosen discourse. You can read about them, among others. here: Temporal Parts (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy)

However, I do not know the answer to the question about the essence of the being. However, if anything was to be indestructible, maybe this is it? And what is physical is perhaps only a kind of representation of what is under the visible surface.

And if, in fact, the star is the reflection of a biological cell, could it be that at the level of many superclusters of galaxies, or even several orders of magnitude higher, consciousness is also emerging?
That is something I have been always wandering about. But not only stars and galaxies. What about the fields, like elctromagnetic and/or gravitational? Can't they also exhibit intelligence? So alien to us that we can't even, at present, have any hope of understanding their "language"? If they are complex enough, non-linear enough (so to say) - can they "communicate"? Carbon based life may be just one example, having its advantages in some respect. But I doubt if consciousness/life should be restricted to these familiar to us structures.

Temporal Parts (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy)
Very interesting. I didn't know about it. Just one excerpt from the introduction:

Material objects extend through space by having different spatial parts in different places. But how do they persist through time? According to some philosophers, things have temporal parts as well as spatial parts: accepting this is supposed to help us solve a whole bunch of metaphysical problems, and keep our philosophy in line with modern physics.

Carbon based life may be just one example, having its advantages in some respect. But I doubt if consciousness/life should be restricted to these familiar to us structures.
I fully agree with you. Hence, I wrote, among others about stars, but you can go much further and not limit yourself to material objects.
What about the fields, like elctromagnetic and/or gravitational? Can't they also exhibit intelligence?
In my opinion, it is possible, and in fact, it could be a completely different, abstract, type of intelligence. Their logic may be irrational to us.

For example, panpsychism implies the existence of multiple degrees of consciousness. In this approach, every being is conscious. The only difference is in the degree of this consciousness.
The above seems to fit well.

And one of the most interesting problems seems to me time at the quantum level and time in general relativity. On the one hand, there is no concept of an absolute present in the general relativity, on the other hand phenomena such as quantum entanglement seem to break this principle. On the other hand, at the quantum level, it is difficult to speak of an absolute concept of space.

Yin Yang?

If consciousness is related to intelligence, and if these concepts can be linked together, a lot can be said about the intelligence of the Universe on many levels....
Might be a big if. And we go right back to definitions. What is intelligence?

It seems the universal divine (?) intelligence has figured out that various types of suffering and pain should or must be a part of our experience (according to certain narratives) in order to deepen and expand our level of consciousness and being. Or perhaps that suffering is just a necessary function and by-product of existence and the cosmic intelligence didn’t mean for us to take it personally.

Perhaps no existence is possible without seemingly mutually exclusive anomalies at the fringes of an elusive ever present non-existent being.

Warning: discontinuous sharp left turn ahead.

Perhaps the real sacrifice of Christ* on an XY axis is the breaking Into a multitude of shards to struggle to reunite over the course of an eternity.

*Lucifer?

Sigh... I don’t know.

Thank you.

You can easily become a victim of an illusion. As it often happens.

An indpendent, as objective as possible, verification is absolutely necessary.
All I mean to say is that alteration of perception does not equal destruction of being. It might mean change of being, yes, and that might be based on illusion, but, is that not already where we are? Trying “to be” and “see” in a mixed bag of information including an indeterminate amount of illusion?

Today I am being at some level. Perhaps I have less illusions (More information!) than 20 years ago. And 20 years ago perhaps I had less illusions and more awareness than 40 years ago. Was my level of being, which is constantly fluxing, any less at any point in time? Who can say? Is there any way to get external verification?

I can ask my friend who is honest with me: Hey, was I a bigger jerk back then than I am now? LOL! (This is funny, I think.) (Even funnier, He’d say: “you’ve always been a big jerk as long as I’ve known you!”)

Our bandwidth of perception is at least partly determined by our physical bio machine. That machine is pre-programmed to perceive in a particular way. ( It may even be inclined to be an illusion generator.) With effort, as G might say, perhaps we can expand the bandwidth of our sensors which increases input of information. But, ultimately, the filters, sensors and buffers on the machine that perceives are not the conscious being who is subjected to being connected to the machine.

Hm. So does the change in the state of the being equal the death of the being? In whatever way the being is not changed, is that the elemental essence of the being that can not be lost?

Cleopatra VII said:
When it comes to the sixth and seventh points, unquestionably, a star changes its size, and does it much more often than any living organism. It creates a new formation, sometimes several new formations, they are borne from clouds and to some extent, transform into them, becoming a substrate for creating new ones. It could be postulated that reproduction by budding or the cloning of plant by planting a portion of the stem in the ground could not compete with the phenomenon of creating stars. (And out of curiosity, I will ask a question. Do any of you know where the photo that is my avatar comes from?)
Spurgeon uses the phrase to convey not only the physical world but also the force that keeps it all together, emanating from the divine: "And now wonder, ye angels," Spurgeon says of the birth of Christ, "the Infinite has become an infant; he, upon whose shoulders the universe doth hang, hangs at his mother's breast; He who created all things, and bears up the pillars of creation, hath now become so weak, that He must be carried by a woman!"
On Wings of Eagles

Spurgeon uses the phrase to convey not only the physical world but also the force that keeps it all together, emanating from the divine: "And now wonder, ye angels," Spurgeon says of the birth of Christ, "the Infinite has become an infant; he, upon whose shoulders the universe doth hang, hangs at his mother's breast; He who created all things, and bears up the pillars of creation, hath now become so weak, that He must be carried by a woman!"
Do you mean Charles Spurgeon? It is almost a rhetorical question. Are you a Reformed Baptist?

Today I am being at some level. Perhaps I have less illusions (More information!) than 20 years ago. And 20 years ago perhaps I had less illusions and more awareness than 40 years ago. Was my level of being, which is constantly fluxing, any less at any point in time? Who can say? Is there any way to get external verification?
If anyone tells you who you are based on what you know and what you have become in your lifetime - I don't know if it is worth considering in the context of your person.

For me, the most sacred and most important thing is to keep working. I read thousands of books, study and learn constantly. But is this really a measure of my person? It is an external measure. It can be appreciated, but there will be no revelation here.

You asked about the essence of the being. The essence of the being is not measurable in the light of today's science. It is something that can be felt but remains transcendent. I wrote about transcendence in the one of the recent posts.

Perhaps the real sacrifice of Christ* on an XY axis is the breaking Into a multitude of shards to struggle to reunite over the course of an eternity.

*Lucifer?
I would like to ask you to develop this thought. What is real sacrifice? How do you understand it? Does it have to do with historical facts for you or just a concept? We can talk about it on the level of history or physics. Or maybe metaphysics?

Are you a Reformed Baptist?

No not really, but I have attended Baptist and Methodist churches at times.
The quote was used by Wikipedia, I suppose to illustrate the "stellar nursery" aspect.
Pillars of Creation in the Eagle Nebula

Pillars of Creation in the Eagle Nebula
The birthplace of stars. Organisms that we can consider alive. Isn't it beautiful? Moreover, note that we cannot even ask the question of what is happening NOW in this nebula... The light will reach us with a huge delay.

I would like to see this place someday being close of its "NOW"...

ask the question of what is happening NOW in this nebula

Theorized destruction[edit]​

Images taken with the Spitzer Space Telescope uncovered a cloud of hot dust in the vicinity of the Pillars of Creation that Nicolas Flagey accounted to be a shock wave produced by a supernova.[10] The appearance of the cloud suggests the supernova shockwave would have destroyed the Pillars of Creation 6,000 years ago. Given the distance of roughly 7,000 light-years to the Pillars of Creation, this would mean that they have actually already been destroyed, but because light travels at a finite speed, this destruction should be visible from Earth in about 1,000 years.[11]

Its in the constellation Serpens, which is divided in two parts with Ophiuchus the serpent wrestler in the middle.
The mythology on stars is interesting to read.
“Ophiuchus means ‘he who holds the serpent’ and that is how he is depicted. The struggle will last forever, since they wage it on equal terms with equal powers”. [Manilius, Astronomica, 1st century AD, book 1, p.31]

Mathematicians Have Proposed a New Structure to The Periodic Table​

MICHELLE STARR
18 JUNE 2019
The periodic table is such a comforting way of cataloguing the Universe, breaking it down into its elements and organising them in nice neat boxes. What you may not know is it's not the only way of arranging the elements - and it may not even be the best way, necessarily.
Now mathematicians at the Max Planck Institute have detailed mathematical methods for cataloguing the elements, creating a series of complex hypergraphs, rather than the more basic periodic table currently in universal use.

In this way, they say, the periodic table can be adapted in a number of ways, providing many different interpretations of elemental classification depending on how they are ordered - with no one way more correct than any other.

You can see an adjusted image of this new organisation of the Periodic Table above - it had to be rotated 90 degrees to fit our site.
"Our results contribute to the undergoing generalization of network theory to hypergraphs, where the traditional network description as a graph is being abstracted to that of hypergraphs as a mean to model complex relations among multiple entities," they wrote in their paper.

Back
Top Bottom