Color perception

The explanation was the following:
When the right hemisphere dominates you see pink and white.
A dominating left hemisphere makes you see turquoise and grey.

That’s interesting, this morning they were definitely grey / aqua (on a PC) but after seeing Nienna’s post just had another look and clearly pink / white - though on my phone.

Will have to compare side by side tomorrow🤔

A grey shoes and aquamarine laces

Ditto.

This is a bit bizarre...well, maybe not. I saw this test yesterday on fb. I saw the gray shoe with aquamarine laces. When I opened the thread and saw Joe's post I saw a pink shoe with white laces. I read down a few posts where they all said the gray/aquamarine and went back up to look again, and I saw the gray/aquamaring which, then, slowly turned pink/white. Just went back an looked and I still see pink/white.

I remember the dress that people could see distinct colours on. I don't remember what the colours where, but I did originally see it as one set of colours, then it shifted in front of my eyes to blue/gold and I couldn't go back to seeing the other colours.
Tried staring at the shoe for a bit, but the colours don't change. Maybe it's a feedback mechanism based on seeing an after image if you stare at something for a while?
Maybe the lighting conditions in a room will influence how you see the images colours?

Additionally, these sort of colour based optical illusions come to mind:

https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F150227121225-illusiong-checker-shadow.jpg

This is really weird. When I first looked I saw a combination of gray / turquoise. When I went through the topic to the end and inhaled and exhaled a couple of times like in EE exercises, I went back to the picture and clearly saw the pink / white combination.

Pink shoe, white laces. Even going back to the picture looking for grey/turquoise I still saw pink/white. I will say that the picture has a slight greenish tinge to it, like it was taken underwater.

Moi aussi je vois des chaussures roses et des lacets blancs sur les photos de Seek10

I also see pink shoes and white laces on Seek10's pictures.

I see pinkish grey and aquamarine. I think like a couple others have mentioned this is like one of those visual optical illusions. The mind can critically correct what it sees based on what it knows "should" be there. In this case, what should be there are white and pink:

It has received more than 45,000 comments

It's like when you're wearing blueblockers or any color-tinted glasses. White things may look orange, or blue, etc. But you "know" they're white based on the contrast you habitually see using ordinary vision under optimal lighting conditions.

Back
Top Bottom