Recurring dream about being ready to leave!

Chimpazilla

The Force is Strong With This One
Hi all! I just want to share my recurring-theme dream. It is always the same, and has been nagging at me. I have had this dream less often since really digging into the work of being ready for whatever comes.

In this dream, I find myself at a hotel or resort, and I am out by the pool, tired and sunburned after having what seems to have been a lovely vacation. I am alone, and I suddenly realize that my companions have left. The bus is coming any minute to take people to the airport to go home. And I'm not ready at all. I must have fallen asleep out by the pool. I have to go find my room, shower, dress, pack, and get over to that bus! So I try to get to the room and of course the hotel morphs and changes as I walk through it and the elevators go sideways as well as up and down and I always wander to the wrong room etc. and then I wake up. This dream is pretty darn clear, isn't it? I have been having it for at least five years. But again, I haven't had this dream since I began reading the Wave series. I think maybe I'm finally showering and packing for the trip home. Thoughts anyone?

I think its always worth while first assuming that a dream is telling us something about our day to day reality before we reach for other interpretations - have you ever considered it may be your unconscious mind maybe unpacking a scenario about how you've been living in the here and now? Anything about this dream match up with how the last 5 years has been for you, for example?

Maybe reading the Wave is now helping you to process how you never quite believed the fairy story you've been fed in 3rd D about the false reality here but had no actual means before to contextualize that under lying sense of disquiet about follow the leader programming?

An interesting recent article on SOTT below touching on dreams as part of our here and now in case you didnt catch it.

Massive study suggests dreams are really continuations of reality

I tend to agree with Michael,

Without dismissing a deeper spiritual meaning, I think one ought to start inspecting their meaning closer to home. When I read your dream, the first thing I kept on thinking about anxiety and so I'd begin looking at my immediate environment, and then at my inner landscape. Is there anything about your daily life that brings anxiety to your mind? that makes you feel left out? and if so, where does this fear come from? where did it originate?

Because whether it may be a larger spiritual message or something more mundane, I think the take away could be that it may be necessary to inspect where this anxiety comes from or this feeling of being left behind.

my two cents

But again, I haven't had this dream since I began reading the Wave series. I think maybe I'm finally showering and packing for the trip home. Thoughts anyone?
Maybe reading the Wave is now helping you to process how you never quite believed the fairy story you've been fed in 3rd D about the false reality here but had no actual means before to contextualize that under lying sense of disquiet about follow the leader programming?
Because whether it may be a larger spiritual message or something more mundane, I think the take away could be that it may be necessary to inspect where this anxiety comes from or this feeling of being left behind.

Have you had a chance to look at this thread, Chimpazilla? New title: Romantic Fiction, Reality Shaping and The Work

Since there are people in that thread (myself included) reporting beneficial effects of reading romantic fiction perhaps this could help you in a way as well?

It occurred to me that people must find such stories a good escape from a horrible reality, either their personal lives or the world-at-large. But then, I also thought about the fact that, if people weren’t just escaping into such literature, but rather LEARNING from it, and putting some of what they learned into practice, a very different result would be obtained than just going off into la-la land. Because, it sure appeared to me that many of the problems that were set up as the plot of the stories were problems that many people deal with in one way or another, and a few of the authors were darned good psychologists with excellent insight.

It was later when I was pondering the emotional engagement that I made the connection with “hyperkinetic sensate” which was how the C’s described the Wave’s effects on human beings. I began to wonder what if people were engaged in stimulating the RIGHT emotions during this process? And thus, my reference to the books in the last session.

Wow! It's almost as if your dream is trying to wake you up from a reality..... which initially starts off as a vacation, which turned into something more like a maze that you can't escape from. Like the dream is acting as a subconscious mirror for your reality. Perhaps it's trying to tell you stop 'living the dream'?

It's set in a hotel, and yes, I couldn't help it, but it brought to mind that classic by the Eagles: Hotel California. It has some nice photos in it, most of which are (probably) in California...? Maybe it was originally a song about a dream?

Thank you everyone, these are all incredibly good foods for thought and I am processing it all. I will give it more time and contemplation to see what the issue truly is. It is true that I haven't had this dream in awhile, which coincides with my seriously restarting my research into the nature of reality.

I actually have the RA Material, books 1-3, in my library. I thought the other day I ought to restart book one, thinking I had not really started it and it was about time I did. I opened it, and I find that I had read it all the way through, as evidenced by my extensive highlighting throughout the entire book. The highlighting extended to the first section of book two. It has been at least 20 years since I read this and I can't believe I had forgotten. I re-read book one literally over this weekend.

Thank you everyone, these are all incredibly good foods for thought and I am processing it all. I will give it more time and contemplation to see what the issue truly is. It is true that I haven't had this dream in awhile, which coincides with my seriously restarting my research into the nature of reality.

I actually have the RA Material, books 1-3, in my library. I thought the other day I ought to restart book one, thinking I had not really started it and it was about time I did. I opened it, and I find that I had read it all the way through, as evidenced by my extensive highlighting throughout the entire book. The highlighting extended to the first section of book two. It has been at least 20 years since I read this and I can't believe I had forgotten. I re-read book one literally over this weekend.
I often have dreams similar- I call them “lost” dreams where I am trying to find a class I am supposed to go to although I am not enrolled in school, I graduated from tech school back in 1987 -or find my way back to somewhere, a parked car-a way “out” etc. many variations on the same theme. I wonder if these are tests to see if we can handle the reality of 4th density- or just our own reality across multiple realms which we get to experience? I often wonder after I wake up if my “other” self is still wandering around looking? I hope you caught that bus 🚌 and made it back safe!

I often have dreams similar- I call them “lost” dreams where I am trying to find a class I am supposed to go to although I am not enrolled in school, I graduated from tech school back in 1987 -or find my way back to somewhere, a parked car-a way “out” etc. many variations on the same theme. I wonder if these are tests to see if we can handle the reality of 4th density- or just our own reality across multiple realms which we get to experience? I often wonder after I wake up if my “other” self is still wandering around looking? I hope you caught that bus 🚌 and made it back safe!

Oh wow, yes I have had that version of the dream many times too. On college campus (or high school even), late for class, can't find my locker and when I do I have forgotten the combination, can't find class, arrive late and humiliated etc. I think everyone I know has had that dream at some point or other. My dad used to report having that dream with the addition that he found himself naked or in underwear!

I have another recurring theme dream, in which I am trying to reach someone, but I'm stuck with a rotary phone which fails after dialing all but the last number and having to start again, or having a cell phone that fails or somehow morphs into being unusable. I'm sure these themed dreams are common!

Back
Top Bottom