Russia Begins Operations in Syria: End Game for the US Empire?

Неизвестный беспилотник уничтожил склад американской техники, оружия и боеприпасов. Видео
2020-07-16

Новая атака на российский военный конвой: раскрыты ранее неизвестные обстоятельства
2020-07-16

An unknown drone destroyed a warehouse of American equipment, weapons and ammunition. Video
2020-07-16
Unknown forces declared war on the Americans in Syria.

Tonight, an unknown unmanned aerial vehicle attacked a warehouse of American military equipment, weapons and ammunition, completely destroying it. It is reported that a small drone dropped a projectile on a military treasure located in the city of Hasaka, as a result of which the latter was completely destroyed, and the first seconds of the explosion were captured on the mobile phone cameras of local residents.
On the presented video frames, you can see the first moments after the attack of an unknown drone and the detonation of projectiles. It is known that the warehouse belonged to the Syrian democratic forces and it stored American military equipment used by the SDF, ammunition and various types of weapons. There is information about the victims, however, the exact number is not called.

At the moment, none of the possible parties involved has claimed responsibility, however, a little earlier, another warehouse with weapons and ammunition was destroyed, which probably indicates the fact that someone decided to declare a real guerrilla war with the American military in Syria, while it may not necessarily be about Pro-Iranian formations.

Неизвестный беспилотник уничтожил склад американской техники, оружия и боеприпасов. Видео

New attack on Russian military convoy: previously unknown circumstances revealed
2020-07-16
New circumstances of the attack on a Russian military convoy in Syria have been revealed.

Experts found two important features in the incident that occurred in the Syrian province of Idlib, when one of the local groups attacked a Russian military convoy during a joint Russian-Turkish patrol. Both details point to the fact that the militants were in contact with the Turkish military until the last seconds.

The first feature that experts pay attention to is that the exit where the accident with Russian armored vehicles occurred was not guarded by any Turkish military personnel, although previously the entire area along the route of the Russian-Turkish patrol was blocked by Turkish armed forces soldiers. According to local media, the car bomb accurately attacked a Russian armored personnel carrier, although due to the buildings located at this place, it could not know about the approach of military equipment, and therefore, it should have received information about the movement of the patrol with great accuracy.

The second feature is the fact that before the start of the patrolling process, the routes of the Russian and Turkish military are not coordinated, so the probability that the militants simply "improvised", specifically leaving a truck with a hundredweight of explosives at this point, is almost zero. It is obvious that someone gave the Islamists information that the movement of the military column will take place along a strictly defined route with almost chronometric accuracy, which raises many suspicions as to whether this attack was a carefully staged spectacle in order to intimidate the Russian military.

Новая атака на российский военный конвой: раскрыты ранее неизвестные обстоятельства

Turkey has sent 100 vehicles loaded with a military and logistical equipment to Idlib - Turkish forces are establishing a new military base in Raqqa.

A new military convoy of 20 armored vehicles loaded with logistical and military equipment has entered Idlib - Erdogan says that Turkey will remain in Syria until the Syrian people are 'safe and free' ('sounds familiar?').

Гнавшийся за российскими военными американский бронеавтомобиль перевернулся в Сирии - один погиб, двое ранены
2020-07-22

An American armored car chasing the Russian military overturned in Syria - one was killed, two were injured
2020-07-22
The Americans began to suffer losses in Syria due to the confrontation with Russia.

Another attempt to catch up and intercept a Russian military column in Northern Syria ended in problems for the us military – an armored car that was supposed to intercept the Russian military flew to the side of the road and overturned – an American soldier who was behind a gun turret was killed, while two other soldiers were seriously injured.

On the presented video, you can see that the American armored car, and it seems to be an armored car MRAP Oskosh M-ATV, overturned after flying off the highway. Given the absence of tracks, the multi-ton car probably literally flew a few meters, leaving the shooter behind the gun turret no chance.

The American military command has not yet commented on the first losses due to attempts to start a confrontation with Russia on the territory of Syria, however, this may be another reason for American citizens to remind trump That because of his intervention in the Affairs of the Arab Republic in Syria, the American military is dying.

By the way, this is not the first American armored car lost in Syria since the beginning of this year – according to documented unconfirmed data, only in 2020, American losses in Syria amount to 3 armored cars – one of them was blown up by an IED, and the other two were seriously damaged as a result of road accidents.

Гнавшийся за российскими военными американский бронеавтомобиль перевернулся в Сирии - один погиб, двое ранены

The top US general has made an unannounced visit to Israel - Netanyahu said that the fight against Iran's nuclear program, ballistic missiles and the country's military presence in Syria has continued in recent days - The Syrian air defenses have shot down an Israeli drone that managed to penetrate several hundred meters into the Syrian airspace - The Israeli helicopters have attacked Syrian army positions in southern Syria.

A new military convoy of 20 armored vehicles loaded with logistical and military equipment has entered Idlib - Erdogan says that Turkey will remain in Syria until the Syrian people are 'safe and free' ('sounds familiar?').

Turkey has sent 35 vehicles loaded with a military and logistical equipment to Idlib - The Turkish occupation mercenaries have robbed many villages in the Aleppo.

«Америке верить нельзя!» — боевик сдался и рассказал правду о работе на США в Сирии (ФОТО)
24.07.2020 - 23:04

"You can't trust America!» - the militant surrendered and told the truth about working for the US in Syria (PHOTO)
24.07.2020 - 23:04
Hasan Abdu atra, a Syrian from HOMS province, has long fought for Pro-American groups. According to him, he was repeatedly forced to enroll in the ranks of militants by the commanders of various gangs.

He eventually escaped and surrendered to government forces, telling them what it was like to be a terrorist. The base of his gang was located near the border with Jordan in the Al-TANF zone, where the main military facility of US special forces in Syria is located. The fugitive said that his unit took part in dirty provocations against the SAA to give an excuse to American troops to strike the positions Of the armed forces of the SAR.

Details in the new report of the "Russian Spring" from the Syrian Arab Republic.

Beginning

— I was born and lived in the province of HOMS, in the city of al-Rastan. When it all started and the militants came there, I stayed in the city for 7 months, serving in a small detachment as a private. Then I decided to go to the province of raqqa, where I just worked in the market, selling vegetables. So it was for the next two years. But then the fighting with ISIL * started in this area and we decided to run further.

We used the opportunity to get to the Suwayda refugee camp. There I joined the group "al-Sittin" under the control of field commander Ahmad-Abdu (when recruiting, they said that the unit would fight against ISIL, it was controlled by the Jordanian security services — as it turned out later, this was a deception on the part of the recruiters). I served there for about a year. Then I decided to move to the er-Rukban camp with my family and work there as a simple worker.

Attempts to send a family to the territory of the government
It was a difficult moment because my wife got sick there. We decided that she would need to move with her children to the territory controlled by the Syrian government. We had gold jewelry that we kept for emergencies.

They sold everything they could to pay the people who were transporting the refugees to the other side.

It cost me one thousand dollars to send my family. At that moment, I really wanted to leave the camp with my family. But I was convinced that the Syrian authorities would either kill me immediately or put me in prison, and I stayed.
Magavir es-Saura group in the Et-TANF zone

Then I was asked to join the group "Maghavir es-Saura", referring to the Free Syrian army (FSA), which was commanded by Mohammed attala. I had nothing else to do, my wife was ill and I had to feed the children somehow. They practiced recruiting men in the al-Rukban camp, and many refugees, in a very difficult situation, agreed.

Then each such fighter passed 15-day training-they were taught to handle different types of weapons. I was almost immediately assigned to the machine gunners-they taught me how to shoot an American 50-caliber machine gun, which is installed on pickups.

I was assigned to the perimeter guard, where everyone who is not important to the commander gets in. This was a front line in the immediate vicinity of the Syrian army's strongholds.

A little later, we began to set a task — to carry out provocations against the Syrian army, to give the Americans a reason to strike at government troops.

Six pickups, each with four people in it. We knew that the Americans had taken two of their planes into the air. And if the Syrian troops opened fire on our group, these planes would strike them. We were forced to approach a government stronghold at a distance of 200 meters. But they didn't shoot at us, so we were able to turn around and go back to Et-TANF. I have participated in three such sorties, all of them unsuccessful.

Realization

Then I realized that the Americans and the group they control need people like me as cannon fodder. And there was an incident after which I was finally convinced of this.

One person from our squad, the driver of a combat vehicle (most likely, of their own production, - approx. RV), was involved in an accident and was seriously injured. No one helped him — the Americans did not help him at all. And he became an invalid, now suffering in the "er-Rukban" camp.

Americans can't be trusted! I saw it for myself.

Mohammad attala never sent his followers to provoke the Syrian army. He only sent people to their deaths who were not important to him — people like me. The crews had people only from other provinces, people from Deir ez-Zor were not there (the commander's native province, - RV note).

The role of the International anti-terrorist coalition in the formation and training of militant groups

From the British in this zone there is a special group. They travel every 3-4 days on four pickup trucks and several mountain bikes to the Syrian strongholds. The Syrians have no right to stop them, and this group, using their right to move close to the strongholds, makes reconnaissance. They have a lot of different special equipment for this.

The Americans give commander Mohammad Attala money, which he personally distributes to the group. Its task is to transport people from the North of Syria for recruitment and combat training. And I myself saw that one day ten motorcyclists arrived, all of them were fighters of ISIL and Jabhat Al-Nusra. They were accepted and further distributed to the positions of the Et-TANF zone.

Several times, people with long hair and beards came from the North and went straight to the American base without control at our strongholds. Mohammad attala has very close ties with them. There are dormant terrorist cells in Abu Kamal and Deir ez-Zor.

They are waiting for orders. Mostly, these are people from the same tribes as the group's commanders. They are loyal. Among them are, for example, drivers of fuel trucks that ply on important roads and transmit information via messengers. Attala transmits this data to the Americans.

There were cases when the Americans delayed humanitarian supplies. And they said that it was allegedly done by the Russian military. While I was in the al-Rukban camp, I received several letters from Russia and the Syrian government. But the leader of the group, Mohammed attala, distributed it himself. Most of it was left to his own needs. The remainder is given to those who help him, to their people.

The escape

— On that day, our group received a task-to organize a patrol of the territory between the strongholds. By that time, I had already managed to contact the Syrian Mukhabarat (special service-approx. RV) and discuss my intention to escape.

The Mukhabarat was aware that I would be driving in their direction and that it was not necessary to shoot at me. It was 4: 30 in the morning. Previously, I brought bread to the soldiers who were there with me. Then I started the car, took the weapons and drove towards the Syrian positions.

— In the camps at the American base "Et-TANF" powerfully brainwashed. Many people, even the majority, want to escape from there. But they are methodically instilled with fear. They are convinced that the Syrian security forces, the Russians and the Iranians will begin to kill them, severely abuse them and even rape their women.

When a few months ago (in April 2020, - approx. RV) there was a mass escape and immediately 27 fighters with weapons and cars defected to the government, the Americans gave information that these people were immediately put in prison by Damascus. But I still decided to escape.

And when he ran away, he was already on this side of the river, contacting those fugitives. It turned out that they are doing well, they are free, they are being helped to return to normal life. I was very surprised, because the Americans gave very different information. They are working very seriously in this way.

I am very glad that I decided to leave. Everything is fine now. Organizations that work with former militants help us settle in. Everything that the Americans and their people told us in the camp turned out to be a lie. I was not a radical, the security services immediately see this. I managed to find my family. Now I work in a salt quarry. I am grateful for the opportunity to return to a normal life with my wife and my children.
boeviki_rukban_konvoy_un.jpg

The militants "Mahavir es-Saur" control the entry of humanitarian convoy of the United Nations in the refugee camp of al-Rakban

ssha_baza_et-tanf_siriya.jpg

U.S. special forces and group "Mahavir es-Saur" in the area of al-TANF

instruktor_uchit_nvf_tanf.jpg

The US military is taught in the area of militants of al-TANF

pikapy_i_oruzhie_perebezhchikov_magavir_es_saura.jpg

Equipment and weapons of surrendered MEA fighters, photo "Russian Spring", spring 2020

perebezhchiki_magavir_es_saura_2.jpg

MEA fighters who surrendered to the SAA, photo of the "Russian Spring", April 2020

pikapy_nvf_rukban_tanf_2.jpg

«Америке верить нельзя!» — боевик сдался и рассказал правду о работе на США в Сирии (ФОТО)

Four passengers on an Iranian airline were injured over Syria, after the pilot quickly reduced the altitude to avoid the collision with a US F-15 fighter jet, but the US Central Command said that its F-15 was at a 'safe distance'.

U.S. Says Its F-15s Intercepted Iranian Airliner That Made Erratic Maneuvers (Updated)
July 23, 2020 - Two U.S. Air Force F-15 combat jets reportedly flew in the vicinity of an Airbus A310 airliner belonging to Iran's Mahan Airlines over Syria today, but a U.S. official has said that the warplanes were conducting "legal, routine flights."This follows still murky reports that the F-15s harassed the Mahan Airlines flight, causing it to make an evasive maneuver and leading to a number of injuries among its passengers.

VOA was first to report that American military aircraft were flying in the same general airspace as Mahan Air Flight 1152 on July 23, 2020, as the A310 passed over a strategic forward garrison that American forces and their local Syrian partners operate near the city of At Tanf in Syria. This site is situated in the southeastern portion of the country near the Iraqi and Jordanian borders.

At the time of writing, the U.S. military has not offered a detailed explanation of exactly what happened in the skies over At Tanf. The state-run Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting (IRIB) news agency had been the first to report the alleged dangerous maneuvering by the F-15s based on information from one of its journalists on Mahan Air Flight 1152, which was heading from Iran's capital Tehran to Beirut, Lebanon at the time of the incident.

Video footage reportedly from onboard the aircraft after the incident shows debris in the aisles and at least one passenger with blood running from their forehead. Others are seen wearing uninflated life jackets. Some emergency oxygen masks are seen deployed in the cabin, but no passengers appear to be wearing them.

Another clip taken from behind one airliner's windows shows an F-15 flying alongside the airliner at a considerable distance away and then peeling off.

Iranian quasi-state media, Syrian state media, and pro-Iranian Lebanese outlets quickly picked up the story, with many initially identifying the two F-15s as Israeli. There has been no official statement from the Israel Defense Forces, but Israeli media reports had said that the IDF had denied any involvement even before the confirmation that the U.S. aircraft were in the area at the time.

Online flight tracking software does show that Mahan Air Flight 1152 did make a relatively rapid descent of about 250 feet as it flew over western Iraq toward the airspace over At Tanf. However, Another Mahan Air airliner flying the same route from Tehran to Beirut made a nearly identical maneuver in the same general location on July 20 without there being any apparent incident.

The A310 landed safely Lebanon, though there were unconfirmed reports that at least four individuals had to be taken to the hospital after the plane touched down. A photograph reportedly of the plane on the tarmac Beirut-Rafic Hariri International Airport shows individuals being transferred to an ambulance.

After a normal amount of time on the ground in Beirut, the aircraft took back off and headed back toward Tehran along the same route. It passed back over At Tanf, without any further reported harassment.

Air Force F-15E Strike Eagles are forward deployed to Jordan and do routinely patrol the airspace around At Tanf, which has been the target of a number of attacks by forces aligned with the regime of Syrian dictator Bashar Al Assad, including Iranian-backed militias and drones, in recent years. It's not necessarily unfounded that these combat jets would fly up to check out an Iranian airliner flying over the garrison.

The U.S. government has also sanctioned Mahan Airlines, which it says is a key instrument in Iran's support of proxy forces in Syria, as well as Lebanon and elsewhere. It has also been tied to Iranian efforts evade other sanctions. Other countries, including Israel and France, have also alleged that Mahan Air is actively involved in illicit and otherwise hostile activity on behalf of the Iranian government.
This incident also comes as the administration of U.S. President Donald Trump continues to pursue a policy of maximum pressure against Iran, which includes extensive sanctions and reported covert activities aimed at destabilizing the Iranian regime. In recent weeks there have been a series of mysterious incidents, including an explosion at a centrifuge production center within Iran's Natanz nuclear facility, as well as numerous fires, that have put Iranian forces on high alert. Reports have suggested that at least some of these separate incidents could be the work of foreign actors, namely Israel and possibly with the help of the United States.

Whatever may or may not have happened between the U.S. Air Force's F-15s and Mahan Airlines Flight 1152 over Syria, it seems almost certain it will further contribute to the already heated tensions between the two longtime foes.

New Details Emerge About F-15 Intercept Of Iranian Airbus Over Syria
July 24, 2020 - U.S. officials now say that a U.S. Air Force F-15 only came within 5,000 feet of an Airbus A310 airliner belonging to Iran's Air Mahan during an incident over Syria yesterday. They have also stated that Air Mahan Flight 1152 appeared to deviate from the established flight route and did not respond to radio calls to identify itself while flying over a strategic garrison near the city of At Tanf that U.S.-backed Syrian forces operate, prompting the intercept in the first place.

Details about exactly how the July 23rd incident went down remain limited. Supposedly, the F-15's intercept prompted Mahan Air Flight 1152, which was on its way from the Iranian capital Tehran to Beirut in Lebanon, to make an evasive maneuver leading to several injuries among the passengers on board. The U.S. military has established a deconfliction zone around the garrison at At Tanf that stretches 55 miles in all directions, which it says is a no-go zone for forces aligned with the regime of Syrian dictator Bashar Al Assad, including Russian and Iranian-backed groups. American aircraft, especially F-15E Strike Eagles based in neighboring Jordan, routinely patrol the area to keep foreign combat aircraft out and reportedly require all planes, even commercial airliners, to identify themselves while passing over.

Syrian Regime Troops Captured A Black Hornet Nano Spy Drone
https%3A%2F%2Fapi.thedrive.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2020%2F07%2F5868.jpg%3Fquality%3D85

July 20, 2020 - A picture has emerged online reportedly showing members of the Syrian Arab Army holding a FLIR Systems Black Hornet 3 drone that they captured in the northeastern corner of the country. Variants of this pocket-sized helicopter drone have seen increasing use, including within the U.S. military, in recent years, as a way to give small units important added situational awareness without necessarily exposing their position or otherwise putting personnel at increased risk. You can read all about Black Hornet in this past article of ours.

This photograph first emerged online on July 19, 2020. Pro-regime social accounts claimed that Syrian troops recovered the Black Hornet near the town of Tal Tamr in the country's northeastern Al Hasakah Governorate, which borders Turkey to the north and Iraq to the south. Forces aligned with Syrian dictator Bashar Al Assad, together with Russian troops, moved into this area in October 2019 after a unilateral Turkish intervention prompted American personnel and their local, predominantly Kurdish partners to vacate various operating bases and otherwise pull back.

The Black Hornet 3, also known as the Personal Reconnaissance System (PRS), is the latest in the Black Hornet series, which Prox Dynamics first put on the market in the early 2010s. FLIR Systems subsequently bought Prox Dynamics in late 2016.

Published Jul 20, 2018 (2:08 min.)

The latest version of the tiny helicopter-like drone is fewer than seven inches long and weighs under a tenth of a pound.

A single individual operates the Black Hornet using a tablet-like touchscreen device and a hand-held controller. Users fly the tiny unmanned aircraft primarily via a line-of-sight control link, but can also send it to specific locations further afield using a GPS-enabled beyond-line-of-sight navigation capability. In this mode, it can gather imagery along a route of preset waypoints and then return to its point of origin automatically.

Despite its size, it has two full-motion daytime video cameras and a thermal imager. While operating at night, the system fuses the feeds from all three cameras to provide a single, higher-fidelity view, making it easier for operators to identify potential threats and other objects of interest. The user can also grab still images using these cameras for further exploitation after the conclusion of an operation.

A typical PRS package consists of two drones inside a storage container that doubles as a docking station for recharging the battery-powered drones, along with the tablet and controller, all of which can easily fit inside one individual's rucksack. FLIR system has also developed vehicle-mounted dock/launchers for up to eight Black Hornets.
https%3A%2F%2Fs3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com%2Fthe-drive-cms-content-staging%2Fmessage-editor%252F1595274743071-package.jpg

It's not clear who was operating the drone in Syria before the Syrian troops captured it, but last year the U.S. Army began issuing Black Hornet 3s to various units. U.S. special operations forces, who have been very active in Syria, along with supporting conventional elements, have also been using versions of the drones since at least 2015.

Various other members of the U.S.-led coalition fighting ISIS who are known to have special operations elements deployed in Syria, such as France, also operate or have operated variants of this drone, though it's unclear whether any of them have sent Black Hornet 3s, specifically, to units in the country. For instance, the British Army first began using the first-generation Prox Dynamics PD-100 variant in 2013, but said it had withdrawn all of those from service between 2016 and 2017, in favor of larger, man-portable unmanned aircraft. In 2019, the U.K. Ministry of Defense announced it was buying 30 "Black Hornet PRS," but officially for "research and development into a capability gap identified by Army HQ," rather than operational use.

Regardless of who specifically was flying the drone, with a maximum stated range of under two miles, the recovery of the Black Hornet simply highlights just how closely the U.S.-led coalition is operating to the Syrian Army and its partners, chiefly Russia, on a day-to-day basis. In the past six months, there have been numerous alterations between American and Russian troops that run the risk of escalating into a more serious confrontation. This includes numerous instances where U.S. armored vehicles have blocked or attempted to block the passage of Russian convoys into certain areas, with vehicles dangerously jostling for position on the road at times.

Back
Top Bottom