Cocoa tomato sauce

Pierre

The Cosmic Force
Administrator
FOTCM Member
Initially posted by Name

You need the pure cocoa powder w/o sugar (a label known to me is Bensdorp). It gives the sauce a darker color what makes it look strange, but the taste is fuller, and we like it. The Mexicans have something called "Mole" - it is based on Cocoa (and other things), and it is used in main dishes and on meat. You can also put cocoa powder in thick soups if the color doesnt bother you.

Initially posted by Name

You need the pure cocoa powder w/o sugar (a label known to me is Bensdorp). It gives the sauce a darker color what makes it look strange, but the taste is fuller, and we like it. The Mexicans have something called "Mole" - it is based on Cocoa (and other things), and it is used in main dishes and on meat. You can also put cocoa powder in thick soups if the color doesnt bother you.
*Bump*

I know cocoa has been added to fat bombs and is known about.
I think Dutch processed (alkalized) cocoa powder is better and important to source. It has been processed with potassium carbonate, has a more neutral pH, and is less bitter. Process adds in from 100-200mg K+ per 5g cocoa, which only has maybe 1g each fat/carb/protin, about 20kcal.

Also I think K+ is important to emphasize. A tomato paste or sauce can also be a great source.

Back
Top Bottom