Iodine and Potassium Iodide

I am planing on mixing Lugols on my own, but I can't find a good seller of elemental iodine that ships to Croatia. If anyone knows one, I would be grateful if you could post it.
I have found one on Ebay but I am skeptical of the purity, because it says "99.8% pure ... for lab chemicals" and not something like "pharmaceutical purity".
50 Grams 1.76 oz 99.8% Pure Elemental Iodine Crystal Granule For Lab Chemicals | eBay

Well, I had a similar question about purity of Potassium iodide. Back few years ago.
Then, I made with iodine, it turn out fine.

I realized that Amazon's Potassium iodide, high purity crystals 100 grams is for lab or scientific use only, not for food or drug use.
So I have to look for other place for better product that use for food and drug.

You do not seem to understand "legal language". Pure and safe chemicals may be labeled "not for food or drug use" because the seller/manufacturer does not want the legal liability. For example, just TRY to buy DMSO for human use! You will fail! ALL DMSO has warnings against human use! DMSO is only sold as a "solvent", even the DMSO sold as a cream and in a roller ball dispenser.

Even if your KI crystals have some percent of sodium or other trace impurities, you still get the important effects of getting iodide. Why would someone get so concerned about trivial stuff?

Well, I had a similar question about purity of Potassium iodide. Back few years ago.
Then, I made with iodine, it turn out fine.
Thanks for a reminder. Last time I made a solution, the elemental iodine (form Ebay too, but from another seller) didn't dissolve entirely so I am being careful this time. I will probably order from that seller given as I have no apparent choice.

Hi The Todd!
I agree Kay Kim, pharmaceutical grade is when purity is 99% or more. So your product is okay.
For dissolving issues, you may add KI. This is why Lugol's solution is I2 + KI. (KI is here for helping in this dissolution, not really for the supplementation) . This is what I learned at the time I was reading about Dr Lugol. I then bought raw products (Iode cristals which are corrosive on skin, and KI powder) but never did the experiment though.

Dr. Brownstein has posted a lot of information and testimonials about iodine nebulizations:

I have been getting many questions about how to nebulize. Folks, I think nebulizing hydrogen peroxide and iodine should be done on every COVID patient. It should be done on every pneumonia patient. It should be done on every influenza-suffering patient. It should be done on every patient suffering from lung problems.

Nebulizing should be done only with the guidance of your doctor. I would suggest that it is best to find a holistic doctor who can help guide you.

I do not recommend nebulizing on your own.

With my patients, I have them nebulize Lugol’s 5% solution. I tell them to put 1-2 drops of Lugol’s 5% in 3cc of normal saline and nebulize the mixture.

I
odine Nebulizing: I instruct my patients to add a drop or two of Lugol’s 5% solution to 3 cc of normal saline (0.9% saline). Normal saline can be purchased at a pharmacy. If someone has Lugol’s 2% solution, they can use 2-4 drops in 3cc of normal saline.

My patients are resourceful people. Sometimes they make their own nebulized solutions. I do not recommend these as they can have impurities and they will not store well. For example, some use over-the-counter 3% hydrogen peroxide (in the brown bottles and available at many stores). They take 3cc of that mixture and dilute it in 250cc of normal saline. Then they nebulize 3cc of that mixture. I have not heard of poor outcomes from doing this, but I would never recommend storing this solution as there are impurities in it.

In my cousin Jeremiah’s case, we were in an acute situation. He was 200 miles away and could not breathe. We could not find normal saline, so I guided him to make his own saline solution. It is not as pure as buying sterile, normal saline. (Note: Do not buy normal saline with preservatives like eye saline solutions). Here’s what I told Jeremiah’s wife: Mix ¼ tsp of Celtic Brand Sea Salt in a cup of clean water (distilled, reverse osmosis or something like that). Stir the solution up, let the particulate matter fall to the bottom. Scoop off the top until you have 250cc (or at least 200cc). 1 cup is equal to just over 200cc. Jeremiah used the 200 cc (or so) saline solution for the base.

His wife, Deanna, found 35% food grade hydrogen peroxide. Food grade peroxide is much cleaner than over-the-counter peroxide. To dilute 35% down to 3%, I had Deanna add 10cc of clean water to 1 cc of 35% hydrogen peroxide. That dilutes it down to 3% (very close to it). Once the 3% solution was made, I asked Deanna to take 3cc of that and mix it with the 200cc (or so) saline solution that she made up previously. Now he was ready to nebulize. I had Jeremiah take 3cc of the final mixture and nebulize it.

I would only use this mixture for a few nebulizing treatments until pure normal saline can be purchased. I would not store this solution for a long period of time.

I instruct my patients to nebulize 3-5 times per day if sick and 1-2 times per day if using it as a preventative.

Hi! Can somebody recommend a good BVit Complex to take with Iodine? I live in Spain, so maybe something that can be purchased in Europe...thank you

Hi! Can somebody recommend a good BVit Complex to take with Iodine? I live in Spain, so maybe something that can be purchased in Europe...thank you

You can get almost anything you need from iherb.com. It ships to Spain. I don't know of any particular B complex, but you can have a look at "methylated B complex" and a few suggestions will pop up.

You can get almost anything you need from iherb.com. It ships to Spain. I don't know of any particular B complex, but you can have a look at "methylated B complex" and a few suggestions will pop up.
Thank you, Gaby. I have another question.. I read somewhere that it is not recommended to have more than 25mg of B6 a day(unless a doctor recommends it) , and most of these supplements come with more than that.i am talking of B Complex supplements that have more than the RDA quantity. My question is whether it is safe to take it in bigger quantity than the 25mg a day. Thank tou

Dr. Brownstein has posted a lot of information and testimonials about iodine nebulizations

I realize the Dr.Brownstein has given warnings about nebulizing without expert medical help but the information you have given Gaby about what he did, at long distance, for his cousin was was very informative in an extreme situation.
With a few of my relations suffering from asthma and wondering if in the future we have a second wave of the mutated virus with maybe little or no access to doctors would it be a good idea to have the items listed by him in stock or even if they have a shelf life. With no medical experience whatsoever would the following items store well or should I not even think of stocking up. The items I would need are
35% food grade hydrogen peroxide
Normal sterile saline from pharmacy.( not eye solution)
Nebulizer.
Distilled water.

I'm just trying to think ahead as I'm the only one in the family trying to do this.

There are many brands in the market. Problem is, the cheapest ones use forms less bioavailable of the vitamins; for instance, Thiamin mononitrate instead of Thiamin HCl, or Cyanocobalamin instead of Methylcobalamin, etc.

I'm not an expert in the matter, but I think Thorne Research is a good one, although a bit pricey:

Life extension BioActive B complex is also a good one, and not that expensive:

Also from Now Foods B-100, and B-50:

There are many brands in the market. Problem is, the cheapest ones use forms less bioavailable of the vitamins; for instance, Thiamin mononitrate instead of Thiamin HCl, or Cyanocobalamin instead of Methylcobalamin, etc.

I'm not an expert in the matter, but I think Thorne Research is a good one, although a bit pricey:

Life extension BioActive B complex is also a good one, and not that expensive:

Also from Now Foods B-100, and B-50:
Thank you very much, @jhonny . 🙂

The items I would need are
35% food grade hydrogen peroxide
Normal sterile saline from pharmacy.( not eye solution)
Nebulizer.
Distilled water.

Most stuff keeps pretty well even after expiry date, especially pharmaceuticals.

My question is whether it is safe to take it in bigger quantity than the 25mg a day.

As the orthomolecular.org team has said repeatedly over the years: No adverse effects from taking nutrients. Here are some arguments that take into consideration RDA recommendations:

As for B vitamins, getting some B1 and B2 is also helpful. Here's a show we did on B1:

B2 is also pretty good, especially if there are methylation issues that makes it difficult to process B vitamins either from food or supplements.

Hi, thanks so much....!!! for all these posts!!!
I have already 2 years using iodine- supplements and my daughter too. Probably I'm still detoxing my body, releasing hard flem from my throat and nose, I used to smoke for around 10 years comercial tobacco and I stop years ago. Also now with the paleo- diet I'm almost totally fix of my digestion.
My little daughter is doing extra good, she rarely get sick, just I can counting a couple mild fevers into 2 years.Cognitively and physically she is ahead at least a year at her age, the only little detail she is extra energetic, I just need to have a little more knowledge to stay up to date on how to manage her energy in constructive things.

I'm just wondering how long it would be appropriate to follow the protocol, or let the body rest for a month? Or perhaps reduce the number of drops?

Really thanks........ :thup:

Five to thirty grains or more of potassium iodide = 324 to 1944 milligrams or more of potassium iodide.

After few years of practice, that's the range I use. By the way, KIO3 is toxic and it causes rekease in the thyroid KOH, that is quite aggresive agent (caustic). What is very interesting, it is often used to iodize salt. Although it is twice as expensive as KI.

Back
Top Bottom