If before Corona I still was convinced that there is no possible way they can get to Trump, now I fear they have found the perfect way with it.

Just imagine a Biden as president, which looks more likely by the day. :umm:Bring on the comets!
The Democratic Party has always been against Trump, even before he became President.

Most people think Biden is a joke, that's he's got dementia, and stands no hope of winning against Trump. They may even think that this is some form of elder abuse. His own family should have put a stop to this if he is unable to protect himself.

Some alternative political commentators are suggesting that they are going to replace Joe Biden with another candidate, or that he will be 'mysteriously disappeared' and that his VP will take over. They are also discussing the fact that the Democratic Party has completely destroyed itself because of rigging, abusing the system and fraud.

But what if they (Deep State) meant to do that? Would Deep State 'take a hit' in order to 'make a hit' on their intended target, i.e. Trump? They can then claim he is all the things they say he is so they can attack him more. I don't think they're likely to give up on their end goal, because he 'got in the way' of their power. When that happens, they will most likely accuse Donald Trump of doing all the things they intend to do.... Typical psychopathic behavior, as well as lying a lot. Trump is also surrounded by these people. Perhaps he doesn't know it?

Is there any correlation to the Coronavirus thing? Maybe. Deep State, the Elites, the NWO are prepared to 'take a hit' in order to 'make a hit', because they HAVE to be hurting now. It would make sense to me. They are in fact pretty evil, so nothing surprises me.

Has this planet scared all those damned comets off, or something?!? :scared: How does earthquakes, riots and pandemic sound? Perhaps the comets are waiting to make a 'grand entrance' after all that has finished. Literally the world has gone mad!

According the Berlin Police, about 350 participants of an unauthorized demonstration have gathered at Rosa- Luxemburg-Platz (at the "Volksbühne" theater). The group "Communication Center Democratic Resistance" had been calling for a so-called "hygiene demo" this Saturday afternoon. They are criticizing that the Corona measures would restrict basic rights. The police dissolved the demonstration. The association commented on the "Corona package" bill, which was passed on March 25th, as follows: "The German Bundestag passes its "Enabling act".

Source: DER TAGESSPIEGEL

6b420343-5009-4c6f-981f-66ab78f18092.png

Hitherto unknown to me this "Communication Center Democratic Resistance" has a collection of arcticles on its nichtohneuns.de website that German speakers might find interesting.

It is not without irony that this group is now receiving some advertizing by the mainstream media.

Quote from"nichtohneuns.de"

Cultural scientist and theater advisor Anselm Lenz made a name for himself as the editor of "The Capitalism Tribunal", among other things. In view of an unprecedented attack on our fundamental rights, he appeals above all to the intelligentsia not to fail now and to carry out their most original task: to think through the processes independently and thus give people spiritual orientation. Lenz scourges the "moral panic" of the powerful and the rigidity of tolerance with which most citizens endure their total disenfranchisement. It is not Corona itself that is the problem - presumably it is a fairly normal flu-like infection - but what the staged hysteria does to our freedom, to our psychological and material integrity. Above all, the danger of censorship must now be averted, so that freedom of opinion does not also die in the hail of bullets from fake messages.

Here's an excerpt from Anselm Lenz' article "Das Notstands-Regime"

The Emergency Regime

We are at the beginning of a new era. Corona is only its surface. Our life can become more democratic and better if we act now with caution and consistency. The rules of hygiene should be respected for the time being. Individual members of the government, some officials and a number of fanatical citizens are currently in a state of mental emergency or are already acting psychopathically. They must be identified, named and peacefully contained or removed. In order to maintain or restore freedom rights, the presumption of innocence and social achievements, we must NOW form broad democratic networks in the manner of #indivisible, which are now on a character test.

Assemblies are currently prohibited. We need to make arrangements as a precautionary measure as to how, when and where we will communicate, in the event that the telephone and Internet are also eliminated. Open and hidden bulletin boards at supermarkets, community enterprises, alternative centers, churches, theaters, and neighborhood centers are suitable.

The origin of the panic among the leading elites and parts of the small and middle bourgeoisie because of the corona infection is still a mystery. In the following, we will attempt to understand the emerging scenario and take a first realistic look at the near and mid-term future. (...)

The truth is not even uncomfortable at first: According to the current state of knowledge, the viral infection "Corona" is probably no more dangerous than the cold waves that occur at the turn of the year across the northern hemisphere.

This year's cold and flu infections are even comparatively milder than those of last winter. The officially used figures and especially the way they were obtained and interpreted are unscientific. (...)

Germany's Basic Law is valid, but is currently being ignored: Freedom of movement is abolished. People are forbidden to assemble or to exercise a profession. People are asked not to touch each other. Surveillance without court orders takes place. Since Wednesday we are even locked up in our houses by curfew. Freedom of expression and publication could be abolished, according to demands. (...)

Lenz, obviously a left-wing intellectual as many of his profession are, may not be understanding the whole deal but he's definitely understanding that this lockdown situation can hardly be about health and hygiene as such.

Further, it will be interesting to see how anarchists and left-wing protagonists used to bending the norms and rules to their favor will react to the new tightly controlled society developing.

Last edited:
No, I'm hoping the situation I'm worried about is not going to happen at all, and that I'll end up being 100% incorrect. That would represent a great success to me, however, people need to see the worst possible scenario as a real possibility. Not seeing it, means they're more likely to go to sleep and make this situation come true.

I'm not going to avoid discussing something really ugly simply because people don't like hearing it. I don't think that's helpful for people who do need to know, and who do need to do something about it.

I've found something interesting that maybe could be put on SOTT? Is this really a 'Sign of The Times'....?

Hey, thanks for replying. It can be difficult to navigate complex feelings and thoughts via text and reading (especially in this time of 'hyperkinetic sensate'), but I appreciate the discussion. I'd like to develop this further - themes of worry, hope, togetherness, and speaking difficult truths are all very pertinent to these times. I often don't know how I am heard, seen, and understood. That's the good inherent in networking. We can get feedback on ourselves from many different angles - and can use the feedback as an impetus for the Work. That is the spirit in which I am responding.

You say you're not going to avoid discussion of difficult truths - I appreciate that. But if you're actually hoping for the opposite of mass vaccination, it doesn't make sense to me that you'd tell someone on the forum to 'get ready to be forcibly vaccinated'. That is a foregone conclusion that comes off as a threat. It's a direct parroting the PTB narrative. The energy of how you are writing it doesn't feel like an 'opening up' of the topic for discussion. It seems constrictive rather than constructive.

I see you hope that the situation you are worried about won't happen. Well, there's an old gem of a Native American joke: "Worrying is the white man's way of praying."

Forced vaccination is a real potential, yes. But, based on what the C's have said, once you convince yourself of the guaranteed manifestation of a potential, you are that much closer living in an illusion. The future is no longer open. The quantum uncertainties of 'all and everything' collapse into one timeline based on a story the PTB are pushing on us to lock us into a frequency prison and turn us into lunch.

Can you feel what I'm getting at?

The future is no longer open. The quantum uncertainties of 'all and everything' collapse into one timeline based on a story the PTB are pushing on us to lock us into a frequency prison and turn us into lunch.

That's interesting. If that is so, the PTB could be sure that their efforts toward total control of the planet and its people won't fail. There is a timeline based on the PTBs story but their might be another developing...
The frequency prison, I think, was always there, wasn't it?

But if immunity doesn't happen naturally for this virus, how would a vaccine work???

There could be a problem with the tests for this virus. It may be too general, and not specific enough. If this is the case, then a person having one type of 'the big C' may pick up another mutated type and 'the test' would not be specific enough to tell the difference. I've also heard that the Coronavirus family is very big one and because it is a Rna virus, it mutates pretty quickly. So vaccines wouldn't be able to keep up with it.... Kind of like the flu shot now, with it's low efficacy.

It's my opinion that the vaccine could trigger a big immune response on re-exposure. (That is what would make the vaccine dangerous).

Michael Burry, who earned an MD and is the inspiration for the movie "The Big Short" has joined Twitter to protest the lockdown. His Twitter is full of figures that challenge the official MSM narrative.

He does claim in the below article that Covid 19 started in China though so I guess everyone has blind spots.

Michael Burry, the doctor-turned-investor who famously bet against mortgage securities before the 2008 financial crisis, has taken to Twitter with a controversial message: lockdowns intended to contain the coronavirus pandemic are worse than the disease itself.

Government-directed shutdowns in the U.S., which led to millions of job losses and may trigger one of the country’s deepest-ever economic contractions, aren’t necessary to contain the epidemic and have disproportionately hurt low-income families and minorities, Burry argued in a series of tweets over the past two weeks. He also said some controversial treatments for Covid-19, such as the malaria drug hydroxycloroquine, should be made more widely available.

Burry earned his M.D. at the Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, but decided to become a professional investor after making hugely profitable bets in the stock market. He shot to fame after his hedge fund’s bearish mortgage wagers were chronicled in “The Big Short,” an Oscar-winning movie based on the best-selling book by Michael Lewis.

Although Burry has mostly kept a low profile since then, he started sharing his views more widely last year to warn of a central-bank fueled “bubble” in passive investment products. He’s now focusing on the outbreak that has shuttered economies, killed almost 75,000 people worldwide and changed how millions of people live and work.

“Universal stay-at-home is the most devastating economic force in modern history,” Burry wrote in an email to Bloomberg News. “And it is man-made. It very suddenly reverses the gains of underprivileged groups, kills and creates drug addicts, beats and terrorizes women and children in violent now-jobless households, and more. It bleeds deep anguish and suicide.”

Burry, whose utterances are closely watched by the financial community, began tweeting on March 23, describing his handle as the “real personal account of the real weird one from the book and movie, etc.” He said he began speaking out because of how people were suffering from measures taken to contain the pandemic. “Unconscionable,” is how he described job losses in the U.S., which have caused a once-unthinkable 10 million people to apply for unemployment benefits in the past two weeks.

Burry has taken on medical policymakers in tweets regarding the illness itself, saying coronavirus infections can be managed through common-sense measures like increased hand-washing and broader testing, without forcing everyone to stay at home. He’s also advocating for wider use of chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine to treat those who are infected. U.S. President Donald Trump has called the latter drug a “game changer” in the fight against Covid-19, but critics in the scientific community have urged caution, saying it isn’t fully tested or approved.

On Sunday, U.S. Surgeon General Jerome Adams said there had been some accounts that hydroxychloroquine was helping. “We feel a little bit better regarding its safety than we do about a completely novel drug, even though this is being used at much higher dosages,” he said.

Burry has so far refrained from tweeting about his investments. He told Bloomberg News last month that he placed a “significant bearish market bet that is working out for now,” without providing details except to say it was a trade of a “good size” against indexes. He said the pandemic could unwind the passive investment boom, which he has compared to purchases of collateralized debt obligations that fueled the pre-2008 mortgage bubble.

While Burry has been mostly critical of the economic and medical measures taken by authorities across the globe, he has also highlighted large economies that haven’t seen as much turmoil as the U.S. and Britain. Germany and Japan have been more measured in their responses and offer a model for the rest of the world, Burry said.

In a tweet on March 25, Burry issued his own prescription for Americans to overcome the crisis:

michaeljburry@michaeljburry

https://twitter.com/michaeljburry/status/1242628916801441792

Prudent plan: 1) Standardize on chloroquine and azithromycin -cheap and available 2) Sick and elderly voluntarily shelter in place. 3) Americans lead their normal lives with extra hand washing and special care if around elderly. Saving the economy means life, not murder.#COVID19

2:46 AM - Mar 25, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy

348 people are talking about this

Burry responded to questions via email to offer more thoughts on the pandemic and the response to the outbreak. Here’s what he had to say about China’s response, how some countries have handled the outbreak differently and the long-term impact.

How the Pandemic Happened

“This is a new form of coronavirus that emanated from a country, China, that unfortunately covered it up. That was the original sin. It transmits very easily, and within the first month it was likely all over the world. Very poor testing infrastructure created an information vacuum as cases ramped, ventilator shortages were projected. Politicians panicked and media filled the space with their own ignorance and greed. It was a toxic mix that led to the shutdown of the U.S., and hence much of the world economy.”

“In hindsight, each country should have immediately ramped up rapid field testing of at-risk groups. But as I understand it, the CDC was tasked with some of this, and botched it, and other departments were no better. The bureaucracy failed in a good number of countries. Turf wars and incompetence has ruled the day. So the political cover for that failure on the part of the technocrats and politicians is a very harsh stay-at-home policy.”

The U.S. Policy Response

“If there was ever a time for the government to stimulate with fiscal and monetary policy, it is now. Unfortunately, the U.S. has been adding $3 for every $1 of new GDP over a very long time, and interest rates were already near zero. Still, nothing is more important now that loans to small and mid-sized businesses, and the U.S. Treasury, backed by the Fed, is providing that liquidity, which is vital.”

Potential Treatments

“It’s pretty clear that hydrochloroquine is doing something good for many Covid-19 patients. The standard in medicine is a placebo-controlled double-blind study. But there is no time for that. The technocrats at the top are getting this wrong. Do the studies, make the vaccines, but allow doctors to have what they feel is working now. Don’t take tools or drugs out of the treating doctors’ hands. Trump should use the Defense Production Act more liberally in this area.”

“A more nuanced approach would be for at risk groups — the obese, old and already-sick — to shelter in place, to execute widespread mandatory testing, and to ID and track as necessary while allowing society to function. Again, Trump should get the massive contract manufacturers like Flextronics to make testing machines.”

Getting Back to Normal

“I would lift stay-at-home orders except for known risk groups. We already know certain conditions that are predictive of severe disease. Especially since young healthy lungs tend to be resistant, I would let the virus circulate in the population that is not likely to get severe disease from it. This is the only path that comes close to balancing the needs of all groups. Vaccines are not coming anytime soon, so natural immunity is the only way out for now. Every day, every week in the current situation is ruining innumerable lives in a criminally unjust manner.”

“When it comes to vaccines, coronaviruses are not known for imparting enduring immunity, and this will be one big challenge. It seems the genetic code is relatively conserved, and this will help the development of the vaccine. But we’re still looking at the end of the year. In the meantime, the world is an innovative place, and I expect many effective treatments — both new and repurposed — shortly. The question then will be regulation, expense and availability.”

“Medically, the new normal will be the old normal. As long as innovation continues, medicine will conquer everything in our way.”

Japan’s Response
“I believe Prime Minister Shinzo Abe is trying his best to manage through the situation without shuttering the economy. He sees what it has done to the U.S., and would rather not force a shut in, but instead asks for common sense. Japan has certain features — such as a largely lawful and well-educated society — that make this more possible. As do Taiwan, Singapore, Korea.”

Business Recovery
“Economically speaking, we have to realize the policy-driven demand shock will be resolved by 2021. But Japan and the U.S. are putting more than 20% of the GDP into new fiscal stimulus, and easy money will be the rule. Those things will all bring stock and debt markets back.”

“Countries will also look to bring supply chains home, and many employees will need retraining with higher cost. When we start working and playing again, inflation may be in store. The other big point is that consumers have learned new behaviors, which will drive business churn.”

I don't work at a hospital, so I don't know. But there are similar stories coming from Italy, Spain, Hong Kong (back in January), etc.
I work casual in a hospital and I'm getting basically no work. I keep asking "Where's the fire?" While everyone else around me is thinking I must be 'worked off my feet' and 'Oh, you must be in so much demand, now, you poor thing'. Nope. The bank balance is getting smaller, whilst other parts of my anatomy are getting bigger, because I spend so much time sitting around. :-( I'm not sure that this is a good activity for me! Previously I used to go to the gym, now unfortunately I can't.

Can you feel what I'm getting at?
Sure. A similar situation would be if someone in Nazi Germany was trying to warn the Jews by shouting at them that they should "prepare to be exterminated". It comes across as really threatening. It becomes even more so, where the circumstances of that actually happening, increases. Otherwise, it can be dismissed as being completely bat shit crazy and ignored.

Today they announced that they made a technological measure that will prevent the spreading of the virus.
Listen to this now.

They already have a smartphone app that people will install on their phones. Each installed app on each phone will generate a unique code for that phone and store it.
When you walk down the street with the phone and app on it, when you pass close enough to some other person, or if you go somewhere and stand close to somebody, codes from their phones will be registered to your phone and your code to their phones.

If somebody is then tested positive for COVID, they will take your phone, get the codes and find the people that were in contact with you.
After that, all those people will go to a quarantine( a fancy word for modern concentration camps ).

So, they have to force people to install the app and have their phones with them all the time. Probably people without phones and apps will not be allowed to move freely outside.

This is a fascistic totalitarian measure. Same as the Nazis forced the yellow star badge on all Jews. This is totally bizarre.

What this means is that they will openly track what we are posting on social media, emails, phone conversations and all our data. I know that they were doing all that all the time, but now they can do that openly, enter you home, arrest you, charge you for whatever they want, take you to detention camps, inject you with anything they want under the pretext that they are protecting you and the public health from some stupid virus.

I am wondering if this 5G network which is much faster then the existing 3G/4G is designed to be used for this. For a complete tracking and surveillance of people. I know that most of the phones that people have are not 5G but that can change in a few years. 5G network will have a much bigger capacity for downloading and uploading so much data.
You can add here a very fast development of AI, so the AI will sort and filter data according to some algorithm.

Are we witnessing the creation of Ghettoes with people who can't move freely, who don't have the phones and apps with them, and " a free " people or better to say zombies who are programmed and who will comply with the Nazi elites?

Can those phones and apps be later replaced with some king of chips inside our bodies? A lot of those that will agree to carry phones and apps will accept it. I am sure about that. Can then these new implants be connected to this new network. Can a people that are not good for the system be punished through these chips by making them ill, or to suffer? I am just thinking aloud. I don't know if this is true or not, but it just came to my mind as a possibility

I think that the situation in many places in the world will become more or less better, but here on the Balcan, and especially Macedonia and maybe Serbia, will be a test polygon for things like this. The same as Africa and India was( and probably still is ) their test polygons for a Pharmaceutical mafia.

This is Insane. :curse: :headbash:

Just seen your post Konstantin. I watched this latest corbettreport last night, talks about the app and mass surveillance of the world population. Also among other things he talks about Known Traveller Identity biometrics and digital identity. Watching it,the thought came to mind of what the Cs said there is no escaping the push for total domination and control by the lizzies. The Cs also did say they will fail, I wounder how far will they get before the house of cards crumbles. Guess we will have to wait and see. Sorry if it was posted already im catching up.

Do people believe the media? :rotfl:
Sadly majority does. I lost respect for so many people these days. Even the ones i thought might be different. This situation is a good catalyst to separate wheat from the chaff.

Seems hysteria induction is ramping up. News feeds flooded with articles how virus lingers in the air it how people get reinfected after testing negative. I am getting tired of this BS.

I have no clue about the situation in NYC, but there can be other reasons for this uptick. Like, what if somebody decided, "we have a lot of corpses we need to bury, and most cemeteries around here are small, but Hart Island has plenty of space, so let's just take them all there to make things easier."
Again, no clue about cemeteries around there, so I'm just speculating. The media never provide objective context, as it would usually make the stories less interesting and less scary, so things like that might be worth checking if it's possible.
I read a few pages back that the reason for refrigerated lorries etc for the dead was because of the lock down. Funeral parlours had to let their staff go and morgues didn't have the storage to separate CFovid-19 from ordinary deaths. This is why we see Hart Island being used, not because of high death rates but because normal funeral facilitators are closed. The pictures can, of course, be used to heighten the terror.

Something rather disturbing for america and the world just dawned on me (if it wasn't already disturbing enough!). I hope it wasn't brought up already, if so, I apologize for repeating.

Have you noticed that Bernie Sanders quit the race for the US presidency just a couple of days ago? Therefore, prime Pedo-Psycho Joe Biden is effectively already the only candidate that will run against Trump in November, who on top of being a Psychopath, is already mentally challenged not even being in office yet. That Biden will be the only candidate that will run against Trump is therefore already pretty much set in stone at least according to the media.

Just before the Corona shit hit the fan, I was still pretty convinced (as pretty much everyone that observed the US-Situation closely, I would say) that Trumps win in the coming election is pretty much already a forgone conclusion with a very good likelihood. I couldn't see any way anyone could beat him this time around, no matter what dirty tricks would be pulled out. But now (conveniently enough) the whole Corona business could (and probably already does) change everything in that regard.

Have you noticed how the numbers in the US for Corona cases and deaths have skyrocketed and the whole world now is putting it up as an example how bad it can get? (Very likely fueled by forging the figures and numbers of "Corona Cases" by the nefarious methods already brought up here but in a much stronger fashion in the US). The media is scaring the shit out of people right now with "what is happening in america" and this is especially directed to Americans themselves. Worldwide, the most fear inducing and shocking "news" are no constantly reported happening in America via the usual outlets.

I think one of the reasons why it is so "out of control" in America (compared to other countries) right now, could very well be that the PTB are using this as the perfect opportunity to finally get rid of Trump. Remember how Trump early on stated pretty clearly big doubts and even strong hints about the Corona thing being a hoax? (Rightly so by the way). And Trump tried and still tries against all odds and pressures to not lock down things and most recently even suggested canceling the US-financing of the WHO?

I just looked around the MSM news coverage in america, and (surprise, surprise) that suspicion seem to hold true. The media is now pushing hard to blame Trump for "the staggering extent" of the "Pandemic" in the US. Just look at the headlines on CNN and MSNBC for example. Therefore, they have the perfect tools at hand now to blame Trump for it. Aka "Maniac Trump is directly responsible for the death of many Americans because of his lash and hoax stand against the Virus". That is the (often not so) subliminal message they are now sending to americans. They seem to be doing exactly that right now.

The scary thing is that this could very well turn the tides against Trump already (and therefore towards Biden). I think there is a good likelihood - given the staggering fear inducing propaganda in america in terms of the Virus and "what maniac Trump is doing wrong", coupled with the seeming fact that a large majority of the population actually seems to be begging for more "protection" in america too - that even many Trump supporters will take the bait and not vote for Trump in November. And remember, there are still many months for the PTB to bombard the public with Virus and "bad Trump" propaganda before the election even starts. And by the way, Trump also has now no ability anymore to use his Trump rallies all over america for creating support for his presidency. Which is one of the main moves that got Trump into office in the first place and ensured his popularity throughout since he continued with it. There is also a good likelihood that he won't have a fair chance to debate Biden in crowded rooms during the elections due to the Virus. Also the way the votes will happen might chance in favor of more manipulation against Trump.

I'm also wondering if Putin's "pro stands" in terms of the Virus is exactly because he wants to prevent something similar happening in russia? He knew how he had to act and knew that anything like Trump was/is doing would ruin everything? As stupid and sad as it might sound, Trumps choice of voicing serious doubts about the Virus in the beginning and continuing to play down the situation while trying his best to reduce the draconian measures, as best as possible, might in fact be the exact way the Psychos finally found an effective way to get to him and bring the country down with it.

If before Corona I still was convinced that there is no possible way they can get to Trump, now I fear they have found the perfect way with it.

Just imagine a Biden as president, which looks more likely by the day. :umm:Bring on the comets!

Hi Pashalis.

So far I'm not under the impression that Trump will lose. Quite the opposite, in fact. Let me see if I can explain.

For one thing, what you may not realize is that Trump has done away with using a press agent and is speaking live, directly from the White House to millions of Americans practically EVERY NIGHT. He's noted many times that this has caused the MSM's ratings to go through the roof (which is why they don't dare stop these sessions). Trump's candidness during these talks gives a sense of transparency to all that is unfolding in a manner that in some ways recalls Franklin D. Roosevelt's "fireside chats," which FDR warmly gave each night on the radio to millions of Americans through the majority of WWII.

However, because these "chats" are going so well for Trump, there is push-back on his continuing. Thus, Trump states (cajoling the MSM): hey, usually you say I don't do enough press; NOW you say it's too much!

So, it's rather amusing that this has all backfired on them. Yes, Trump is now bringing together millions of Americans via ye' ol' t.v. set in a way he has never done before. And, I mean, who needs campaigning with THAT going on?

Also: the following clip might be a good indication of how many Democrats are feeling these days about "sleepy Joe Biden":

Another interesting tidbit is a Trump tweet from yesterday. I have no idea how accurate this is but it would be interesting to try and verify:

"Nobody wants to say that if Elizabeth Warren gets out of the race before Super Tuesday, Crazy Bernie Sanders wins virtually every state in a blowout...NOT EVEN CLOSE! I haven’t heard one member of the Fake News Establishment even mention this irrefutable fact. FAKE NEWS!"

But, assuming the above is true, instead of allowing Bernie in, which at the very least would create a much more interesting presidential race/debate, it seems the Dems will go down in flames with Biden. Or, at least that's how things appear at present.

As for Trump's changing course concerning COVID-19, it seems a deal had been struck. Or, at least that's how I read things. If that's so: what did Trump get in exchange for towing the WHO/CDC line to the degree that he has?

Speculating here, since COVID-19 is being used in large part as a screen while the entire economy is on hold and Wall Street is applying a re-boot, Trump still gets to maintain the winning (if fallacious) narrative of just how great the economy was before this terrible virus came along. Meanwhile, Russia-gate, Ukraine, impeachment, etc., all have not only disappeared, but also in a way that Trump is seemingly vindicated.

While it's true Trump is still being vilified for his "delayed reaction" concerning the virus, I'd say it's doubtful these attempts to malign him are enough to change Americans' minds -- those of his initial base, and possibly many more now. As we saw, even Joe Rogan, who I presume to be a dyed-in-the-wool Democrat, is impressed by Trump's resiliency.

On the other hand, there is now an attempt being made -- probably because Trump is seeking to wrap up this whole Coronavirus business as quickly as possible -- to have the states along with "experts" take over (again, in this whole Coronavirus business) in such a way that precludes the White House (this according to several recent items in the Washington Post). The whole thing has a coup-like flavor to it, this obviating of the Big Chief, as it were; so, it's something to keep our eyes on.

In any event, given the extreme volatility of so many of these factors, who can say with any surety just WHAT will happen -- even in the coming days, let alone come election time. All that we can be sure of is that, just as happened with 9/11, things have unalterably changed.

On a more personal note, I've had an on again, off again sinking sense of such harrowing times to come that I've found myself quietly despairing, especially at night. So, it's a struggle, I'm sure, for most of us. Still, everything that's happening is also testing our courage, and when I think of things that way, I have a much lighter sense of things, which seems to be connected to my own inner strength. Anyway, I thought in describing this feeling it could be of help.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom