The novel coronavirus mainly attacks the lungs. But doctors have been increasingly reporting cases of another battlefield raging within the body: the heart.

More than 1 in 5 patients develop heart damage as a result of COVID-19 in Wuhan, China, one small study published March 27 in the journal JAMA Cardiology suggested. While some of these patients have a history of heart conditions, others do not. So what's going on?

Cardiologists say several scenarios could be unfolding: The heart may struggle to pump blood in the absence of enough oxygen; the virus may directly invade heart cells; or the body, in its attempt to eradicate the virus, may mobilize a storm of immune cells that attack the heart.

"We know that this is not the only virus that affects the heart," said Dr. Mohammad Madjid, an assistant professor at McGovern Medical School at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth). The risk of developing heart attacks, for example, is thought to increase about sixfold when a person is infected with the flu virus, according to a study published in 2018 in the New England Journal of Medicine.

What's more, during most influenza epidemics, more patients die from heart complications than from pneumonia, according to a review published March 27 in the journal JAMA Cardiology. Viral infections can disrupt blood flow to the heart, cause irregular heartbeats and heart failure, according to the review.

So while it doesn't "come as a surprise," that novel coronavirus called SARS-CoV-2 can lead to heart damage, it may be occurring more frequently in these patients than it does in people infected with other viruses, Madjid, the lead author of the review, told Live Science.

The double-edged sword

The virus might be directly attacking the heart.

"We're seeing cases of people who don't have an underlying heart disease," who are getting heart damage, said Dr. Erin Michos, the associate director of preventive cardiology at Johns Hopkins School of Medicine. Heart damage isn't typical in mild cases of COVID-19, and tends to occur more often in patients who have severe symptoms and are hospitalized, she said.

Though the virus predominantly affects the lungs, it is circulating in the bloodstream; that means the virus could directly invade and attack other organs, including the heart, Michos told Live Science.

Both heart cells and lung cells are covered with surface proteins known as angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) — these molecules serve as "doorways" for the virus to enter cells. But this enzyme is a "double-edged sword," she said. On one hand, the ACE2 molecule acts as a gateway for the virus to enter the cell and replicate, but on the other hand, it normally serves a "protective" function, Michos said.

When tissues in the body are damaged — either by an invading virus such as SARS-CoV-2 or by other means, the body's natural healing response involves releasing inflammatory molecules, such as small proteins called cytokines, into the bloodstream. But paradoxically, too much inflammation can actually make things worse. The ACE2 enzyme acts as an anti-inflammatory, keeping immune cells from inflicting more damage on the body's own cells.

But when the virus latches onto ACE2 proteins, these proteins get knocked out of commission, possibly reducing the anti-inflammatory protection that they give. So the virus may be acting as a double-whammy by damaging cells directly and preventing the body from protecting tissues from inflammatory damage.

"If the heart muscle is inflamed and damaged by the virus, the heart can't function," she said.

The novel coronavirus might also indirectly damage the heart. In this scenario, the patient's immune system winds up "going haywire," Michos said. This scenario has played out in some really sick patients who have highly elevated inflammatory markers — or proteins that signal high levels of inflammation in the body.

This is called a "cytokine storm," Michos said. Cytokine storms damage organs throughout the body, including the heart and liver, she added. It's not clear why some people have such an elevated response compared with others, but some people could be genetically prone to it, she added.

And then you have patients who have underlying heart disease who are at higher risk of developing severe symptoms of COVID-19 — and higher risk of mortality. "You can imagine, if their heart already has difficulty working … they don't have the capacity to meet this challenge" of not having enough oxygen because their lungs aren't working as well.

So COVID-19 can "exacerbate" underlying heart disease, Michos said. A new study, published April 3 in the journal Circulation, described four cases of heart damage among COVID-19 patients in New York, some with underlying conditions. (Michos is on the editorial board for the journal Circulation.)

Treatments and complications

Cardiologists identify heart damage using a blood test for a protein called troponin. When heart cells are injured, they leak troponin into the bloodstream. But "it's sometimes not that easy," to figure out what kind of heart damage a patient is having, Michos said.

"We are really seeing different cardiac involvement," Michos said. So it matters "what's causing the heart damage because you would treat it differently."

For example, if the virus is directly invading the heart, the patient may need antiviral medications. If instead the immune system is causing heart damage, the patient might need immunosuppressants. Right now, no direct treatments target COVID-19, and most of the treatment being used currently involves supportive care such as providing more oxygen.

What's more, people who have high blood pressure or other underlying heart conditions commonly take ACE inhibitors or angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs) — medications that widen blood vessels, therefore increasing the amount of blood the heart pumps and lowering blood pressure.

Cardiologists are hotly debating whether people should stop or start taking those medications if they're at high risk for COVID-19. (One paper suggested the drugs could be harmful, while some clinical trials are assessing the use of ARBs to reduce the severity of COVID-19, Live Science previously reported.)

It's really hard to tease out whether having more ACE2 is helpful or harmful, as these proteins are how the virus enters the cells, but also known to protect the cells against injury, Michos said.

The current consensus is that if patients are already taking these medications, they should stay on them, she said. "Patients taking ACE-[inhibitors] and ARBs who contract COVID-19 should continue treatment, unless otherwise advised by their physician," according to a statement from the American Heart Association, the Heart Failure Society of America and the American College of Cardiology.

Experts from Australia and New Zealand similarly said they strongly recommend patients with hypertension, heart failure and cardiovascular disease who are already on these medications keep using them, according to a study preprint published on April 3 in The Medical Journal of Australia.

Complicating matters, certain drugs that are currently under investigation for treating COVID-19, including hydroxychloroquine — the drug that President Trump has said is a game-changer — could cause heart damage, those experts said. Now, the goal is to figure out if there's a genetic or biochemical reason some people are more prone to heart damage from COVID-19 — and to figure out what drugs work best "to protect the heart from injury," Michos said.

As many of you know, this is what happened to Ark in December, after he contracted the virus in November. But here I should mention that it was piperacillin/tazobactam that stopped the whole thing in its tracks; but that was only in January. So he apparently survived the whole main show pretty much on his own.

Dear fellow seekers, brothers and sisters, by now I'm probably again about 20 pages behind on this thread, but that's alright as I needed some time to prepare the following to share with you.

Amidst the whole craziness we are witnessing, I must say that I find it truly beautiful how the whole picture is coming together now at an ever increasing speed, and how the levels of knowledge and understanding are just exploding within and thanks to this network. By now, I find that the merging of realities is really palpable and can seriously be felt in the air!

While this may be a bit off topic (@Moderators: Please feel free to move this to antother thread if deemed necessary or more appropriate), I had the urge today to review some of the work by Barbara Marciniek, more specifically the well known "Bringers of the Dawn" work, and, while I was at it, I could not help the urge to want to highlight some of the most profound insights brought to us by the Pleiadians and share these with all of you here (along with some minor notes from me with respect to a few of the points). To me it just shows so nicely how our collective knowledge and understanding is, just as expected, becoming ever more merged and complete, and I just felt this was really worth sharing. So, here it goes:

And as we know more precisely by now thanks to the C's: "...the essence of light which is knowledge is love..."

So, to my understanding,
STO
obviously also needs nourishment but this kind of nourishment is of a symbiotic kind of nature as there is a fair and balanced exchange of energy taking place here. Even more so, I believe that, opposed to the STS process/dynamic where there is an ever growing contraction, diminishing and depletion of energy/light/knowledge/love, the exchange taking place between STO inclined entities/individuals leads to an expansion, multiplication and eventually even exponential growth of the levels of energy/light/knowledge/love, as all involved parties continue to advance their own evolution and thus we grow ever closer to reuniting and becoming one again with "God"/"The All"/"The Prime Creator"/"The Divine Cosmic Mind"...

This brings to mind the antenna like function of proteins mentioned by the Cs which are supposed to attract light/information and life energy.

As we know now, this is the FRV that we need to anchor.

Here I'd like to highlight again at this junction the point of mostly simply observing now (enjoying the show) and allowing the inevitable events to unfold as they have to, while still doing what we can of course (to help those who are ready to and genuinly want to be helped), just as has been mentioned/suggested a few times by now in this thread.
And yes,
I do believe the whole plan is a great one indeed, but right now what I really need is a good rest!:-) :zzz:

I think we should be very cautious and critical with the Barabra Marciniak material, even if there is much insightful information.
Q: (L) I have here Barbara's latest book... {Marciniak}

A: Ego driven.

Q: (L) This book is ego driven? So this is not so much true channeling as ego?

A: Yes.

Q: (L) Is there any possibility that she has been corrupted and is channeling Lizzies?

A: No. Under pressure, constriction.

Q: (L) So, the pressure has constricted the flow.
There is also some threads in the forum about Barbara Marciniak and "The Bringers of the Dawn", like :
and many others under Barabar Marciniak (The Pleiadians)

From the article that Laura quoted:

It's really hard to tease out whether having more ACE2 is helpful or harmful, as these proteins are how the virus enters the cells, but also known to protect the cells against injury, Michos said.

And maybe this article points to "A: Smoking tobacco is a clue and an aid." as another factor that points to this possibility in reference to what the C's said.

More clues from the main source used for the article you quoted:

SARS-CoV-2 is known to use the angiotensin converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) as a receptor for cell entry. There is a complex and unclear interplay between COVID-19 and the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system.1 Until recently, smoking and nicotine were found to down-regulate ACE2 expression in the lung and other tissues.2,3 More recent analyses suggest that up-regulation of ACE-2 caused by smoking could be detrimental for COVID-19.4,5 However experimental data suggest that infection with SARS-CoV and SARS-CoV-2 leads to down-regulation of ACE2, and this downregulation is detrimental due to uncontrolled ACE and angiotensin II activity.6,7 It has been observed that decreased ACE2 availability contributes to lung injury and ARDS development.8,9 Therefore, higher ACE2 expression, while seemingly paradoxical, may protect against acute lung injury caused by COVID-19.10

[...]

Considering the above-mentioned uncertainties, the generalized advice to quit smoking as a measure to improve health risk remains valid, but no recommendation can be currently made concerning the effects of smoking on the risk of hospitalization for COVID-19. In fact, the consistently low prevalence of current smoking among Chinese patients with COVID-19 was further supported by the recent data recently released from the US CDC.28 From a total of 7162 patients in the US, only 1.3% were current smokers. low smoking prevalence was also observed among hospitalized non-ICU (2.1%) and ICU cases (1.1%), while the population smoking prevalence in the US is 13.8%. These observations raise a possible hypothesis that nicotine might reduce the risk for severe COVID-19. Hospitalization for COVID-19 will inevitably result in abrupt withdrawal of nicotine and its beneficial effect linked to this hypothesis in smokers or users of other nicotine products. This could, at least partly, explain the association between smoking and COVID-19 severity among hospitalized patients.27 Nicotine has been found to prevent acute lung injury in an animal ARDS model and has immunomodulatory effects.29,30 There is also evidence for an interaction between nicotine and the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone axis, although such interactions remain unclear.2-5 In any case, the observations of a consistently low prevalence of smoking among COVID-19 cases in China and the US, together with the potential mechanisms through which nicotine interacts with the inflammatory process and the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone axis involved in the development of COVID-19, warrant an urgent investigation of the clinical effects of pharmaceutical nicotine on COVID-19 susceptibility, progression and severity. The potential need to provide pharmaceutical nicotine products to smokers who experience an abrupt withdrawal of nicotine when hospitalized for COVID-19 or aim to follow medical advice to quit smoking to relieve underlying conditions that may increase vulnerability to serious or fatal symptoms should also be examined.

Surely they will produce false money, why not, they are the mafia of this planet. Or like this, in this scene of the movie "Live and die in LA", with their machines but at big scale. Or whatever. They are the masters.

Cool, but you realize it's fake "fake" money anyway... seriously the U.S. Federal Reserve established in 1913 in not Federal except in name only.

Today they announced that they made a technological measure that will prevent the spreading of the virus.
Listen to this now.

They already have a smartphone app that people will install on their phones. Each installed app on each phone will generate a unique code for that phone and store it.
When you walk down the street with the phone and app on it, when you pass close enough to some other person, or if you go somewhere and stand close to somebody, codes from their phones will be registered to your phone and your code to their phones.

If somebody is then tested positive for COVID, they will take your phone, get the codes and find the people that were in contact with you.
After that, all those people will go to a quarantine( a fancy word for modern concentration camps ).

So, they have to force people to install the app and have their phones with them all the time. Probably people without phones and apps will not be allowed to move freely outside.

This is a fascistic totalitarian measure. Same as the Nazis forced the yellow star badge on all Jews. This is totally bizarre.

What this means is that they will openly track what we are posting on social media, emails, phone conversations and all our data. I know that they were doing all that all the time, but now they can do that openly, enter you home, arrest you, charge you for whatever they want, take you to detention camps, inject you with anything they want under the pretext that they are protecting you and the public health from some stupid virus.

I am wondering if this 5G network which is much faster then the existing 3G/4G is designed to be used for this. For a complete tracking and surveillance of people. I know that most of the phones that people have are not 5G but that can change in a few years. 5G network will have a much bigger capacity for downloading and uploading so much data.
You can add here a very fast development of AI, so the AI will sort and filter data according to some algorithm.

Are we witnessing the creation of Ghettoes with people who can't move freely, who don't have the phones and apps with them, and " a free " people or better to say zombies who are programmed and who will comply with the Nazi elites?

Can those phones and apps be later replaced with some king of chips inside our bodies? A lot of those that will agree to carry phones and apps will accept it. I am sure about that. Can then these new implants be connected to this new network. Can a people that are not good for the system be punished through these chips by making them ill, or to suffer? I am just thinking aloud. I don't know if this is true or not, but it just came to my mind as a possibility

I think that the situation in many places in the world will become more or less better, but here on the Balcan, and especially Macedonia and maybe Serbia, will be a test polygon for things like this. The same as Africa and India was( and probably still is ) their test polygons for a Pharmaceutical mafia.

This is Insane. :curse: :headbash:

Today they announced that they made a technological measure that will prevent the spreading of the virus.
Listen to this now.

They already have a smartphone app that people will install on their phones. Each installed app on each phone will generate a unique code for that phone and store it.
When you walk down the street with the phone and app on it, when you pass close enough to some other person, or if you go somewhere and stand close to somebody, codes from their phones will be registered to your phone and your code to their phones.

If somebody is then tested positive for COVID, they will take your phone, get the codes and find the people that were in contact with you.
After that, all those people will go to a quarantine( a fancy word for modern concentration camps ).

So, they have to force people to install the app and have their phones with them all the time. Probably people without phones and apps will not be allowed to move freely outside.

This is a fascistic totalitarian measure. Same as the Nazis forced the yellow star badge on all Jews. This is totally bizarre.

What this means is that they will openly track what we are posting on social media, emails, phone conversations and all our data. I know that they were doing all that all the time, but now they can do that openly, enter you home, arrest you, charge you for whatever they want, take you to detention camps, inject you with anything they want under the pretext that they are protecting you and the public health from some stupid virus.

I am wondering if this 5G network which is much faster then the existing 3G/4G is designed to be used for this. For a complete tracking and surveillance of people. I know that most of the phones that people have are not 5G but that can change in a few years. 5G network will have a much bigger capacity for downloading and uploading so much data.
You can add here a very fast development of AI, so the AI will sort and filter data according to some algorithm.

Are we witnessing the creation of Ghettoes with people who can't move freely, who don't have the phones and apps with them, and " a free " people or better to say zombies who are programmed and who will comply with the Nazi elites?

Can those phones and apps be later replaced with some king of chips inside our bodies? A lot of those that will agree to carry phones and apps will accept it. I am sure about that. Can then these new implants be connected to this new network. Can a people that are not good for the system be punished through these chips by making them ill, or to suffer? I am just thinking aloud. I don't know if this is true or not, but it just came to my mind as a possibility

I think that the situation in many places in the world will become more or less better, but here on the Balcan, and especially Macedonia and maybe Serbia, will be a test polygon for things like this. The same as Africa and India was( and probably still is ) their test polygons for a Pharmaceutical mafia.

This is Insane. :curse: :headbash:
Terrible but this thing with smartphones was used in China. It worked.

The idea that robots can take control of humanity is true, we are seeing and are witness of it. In our imaginary Hollywood mind we thought that the robots would be like the robots we are use to it, metallic and with a body and legs and a head but the robots that are controlling humanity now is AI. How to fight this AI? Where are the smart hackers? Where is Anonymous? Can we fight AI?

5G is a wifi made by and for the army. To control everything, even your breath. Oh, I am living in a nightmare, lets caress my dog.

Here I'd like to highlight again at this junction the point of mostly simply observing now (enjoying the show) and allowing the inevitable events to unfold as they have to, while still doing what we can of course (to help those who are ready to and genuinly want to be helped), just as has been mentioned/suggested a few times by now in this thread.
And yes,
I do believe the whole plan is a great one indeed, but right now what I really need is a good rest!:-) :zzz:

Handfuls of you are becoming impeccable, and these handfuls are affecting the others

Thanks a LOT for this @Guts ♥ .. We constatntly need to remind ourselves of this fact! That It is all going according to plan!

Remember how just a moment ago everything from peanut butter sandwiches to kids wearing wrong kind of caps was being described as fascist? But now when the whole world is in iron-grip lockdown: nothing, not a single opposing word or voice of concern from these SJW's. Instead the same people, who were preaching about all the horrors of the "patriarchy", are now greeting the removement of our freedoms with open arms, and have probably joined the ranks of those authoritarian "Stasi informants", who call the police when they see a father throwing ball with his daughter or a man surfing alone.

And if you're raising questions about the anti-social safety measures, totalitarian lock down, and the skewed official numbers, you're labeled as a "conspiracy theorist", who doesn't care about human lives - so the whole whole thing is turned upside down (as usual).

Well, there probably were similar "conspiracy theorists" during 1930's Germany, who may have thought that the measures taken by the German government after the Reichstag fire were extremely concerning and disturbing. Perhaps some were asking (at least privately) that where this implementation of martial law may lead the country, and some may even have suspected that the Nazi party had something to do with the arson attack.

One of these people was journalist and author Sebastian Haffner, who wrote in his memoir:

In the end, very few were able to see where it all took them.

Our own Reichstag fire has been burning slowly since 9/11. Just like previous generations during the 1930's, we've believed and accepted Big Lies that have made the whole world unrecognizable from what it was only few decades back. From Saddam's WMDs that "justified" destruction in the Middle East, to this moment, where the entire planet is near totalitarian control, has passed in a blink of an eye. I believe that events unfolding now could not have been possible even some years ago - programming wasn't complete yet.

I'm reminded of this passage from journalist Milton Mayer's book 'They Thought They Were Free':

Interesting information and also you can see in the video how FAST the Nazis were to crush democracy. The Fourth Reich is there, to a planetary scale with the same methods.

To some extent, it comfort me that my wife is no longer in this world, had she saw what it had become, it would have broken her heart.
I am sorry. Really.

I was remembering my dear librarian friend that died las year or this year, I don't remember clearly because time is not anymore time, and thought that he left us before all this mess, maybe for the good and maybe now where he is he can help, who knows. He was a very sto human being.

Some will decided to leave now, many because this new world is insupportable. Others for desperation. Others to protect family members troubles...

Who is going to fund this - where's the money coming from? Where do they plan on getting this money?
Soros, Koch and Gates will be donating if there will be need :lol:
Last few days Im seeing donation tabs for WHO and covid in chat sections on many chanells! They claim that google.com will match up to 5million dollars if it gets raised. And many videos have the" Wanna know more (disinformation and lies) about covid19" tabs under them. Here it leads to the page of our national Institute of Health where you can get updates on current covid propaganda so you can make better conclusions so that your mind can be put to peace. :rotfl:

So while there was an underlying plan they're somewhat following, I don't think this plannedemic was planned to happen at this time specifically, or even that it was planned well at all. I think they just decided to make use of something that happened accidentally, and now they're adjusting the plan as they go. Fortunately for us, they're not as smart (or even organised, apparently) as they think.
I would disagree with you there. They are in fact very organized, even if they do go around taking advantage of unexpected situations and can often be seen as being unsure of which way to 'jump', or how to react to something. They can do this because "they" (the PTB) have got people everywhere (especially in high places)!

A journalist was attacked by a foreign tourist when she evidenced the presence of vacationers in #PlayaLosMuertos #PuertoVallarta even with the restriction measures and beach closures imposed by the @GovernmentJalisco @SSalud_mx @NDigitalesMX @ChumelTorres @USAmbMex REDTNJalisco on Twitter
--Translated with deepl --

Yes, in Mexico the beaches are public, regardless of what chairs the hotel provides, but the man has every right to be angry about being filmed without his consent. The media being are judge and jury.

There have also been reports of evictions of tourists from beaches, mountains, and other áreas by the National Guard and marines in the country.

According to the Subsecretary of Promotion and Health in México, Hugo López-Gatell, we are in the phase 2 sentinel surveillance model.

I delicately approach this, because I am trying both sides of the coin and think it's an example of two wrongs which will never make a right. Yes, the media being judge and jury and proliferating the madness is wrong and shouldn't be going around picking on people. At the same time, I also feel annoyed at the man who appears to be a foreigner and above the law, using a physical response. Whether the law is right or wrong based on a fallacy is not my argument.

Personally I can see through the numbers and understand it's BS. At the same time it's not worth the battle to stand up to authority at this time given the response is just so widespread and completely disproportional. The reason the video also annoys me is that I am staying home (in a very small and cramped residence) - I don't agree with it, but I have to put up with it for now. I don't like how others can elevate themselves above both authority figures and regular folk and for example be sitting on a beach relaxing. It's been maybe a month? The scenario beyond just the 'virus' and all the flow on effects has probably years to play out now. Moreover, it's an example of how many others from my perspective are still living in another reality and continue playing musical chairs even though the music stopped a while back - at the root, that's probably what does it for me.

Fort Detrick has an interesting past. Apologies if already shared. You're welcome, if already shared but you missed it because of the speed this thread moves at.

In 1954, a prison doctor in Kentucky isolated seven black inmates and fed them “double, triple and quadruple” doses of LSD for 77 days straight. No one knows what became of the victims. They may have died without knowing they were part of the CIA’s highly secretive program to develop ways to control minds—a program based out of a little-known Army base with a dark past, Fort Detrick. Suburban sprawl has engulfed Fort Detrick, an Army base 50 miles from Washington in the Maryland town of Frederick. Seventy-six years ago, however, when the Army selected Detrick as the place to develop its super-secret plans to wage germ warfare, the area around the base looked much different. In fact, it was chosen for its isolation. That’s because Detrick, still thriving today as the Army’s principal base for biological research and now encompassing nearly 600 buildings on 13,000 acres, was for years the nerve center of the CIA’s hidden chemical and mind control empire.

Raven update: Alaska

There have been reports on weird bird behavior previously in this thread, and I noticed that the ravens and magpies aren't anywhere to be found. They are so common and year round birds that seeing a couple dozen or so is not remarkable - on the way to the store and around the yard. But I didn't see one all the way and back, making a effort to spot them.

This week there have been reports from all over Greece about swallows dying in large numbers. That was attributed to the cold weather and the strong winds that the country is currently experiencing. It has been snowing in the North and on some islands in early April, which is unusual for this time of year, but not unheard of during the last 5 years.

Thousands of Swallows and Other Birds Die in Greece After Migration

Wildlife groups in Greece say that thousands of swallows and other migratory birds have died in Greece in the last few weeks, unable to recover from the exhausting journey from Africa, made even worse this year due to the chilly weather conditions.

Scientists say that persistent strong northerly winds over the Mediterranean and the Aegean have exhausted the birds, who have been spotted in their thousands walking on streets instead of flying as they try to recover.

Photographs posted on social media show great numbers of birds lying dead in different parts of the country.

“Birds, and swallows in particular, started their migratory journey from Africa in early March, but due to the difficult weather conditions, many bird populations arrived in Greece exhausted,” says Dimitris Bakaloudis, Associate Professor in the Department of Forestry and Natural Environment at Thessaloniki University.

Greek news sites report that when a bird dies in the street, its mate will just sit next to it and stay there, even if a car is approaching, so a few of them die by cars running over them. :-(

I don't know what's going on, but we had snow and cold weather around Easter time a few years back, and I don't remember reading about dead birds/swallows. The greeks are very sad because, from all birds, swallows are the ones that make their nests on people's houses and keep returning home for generations. They are like migratory pets. And a lot of greeks also wonder about the symbolism of it all while they are locked up in their houses for almost a month now. Swallows are the harbingers of Spring.

Back
Top Bottom