Deep connection between Sanskrit and Russian languages?

How about this Hungarian folk song performed in the modern style? Do you see any dance or melodic similarities to the Irish music and dancing? To me these are apparent.
Thank you Obi,. I really enjoyed that. However, if you close your eyes and just listen it has lost to a great extent it's "ethnic" flavour.
I think what I want to say is that the beat,as you say modern, loses the feel which is only referred back to in the Flute.
I think Riverdance is probably the closest you can get to modern without loosing the ethnic flavour. Music can, to a certain extent be modernised but this ends up not folk. Dance should never be messed with. Just my opinion.

I would truly love to hear this song in it's original form.

Here, enjoy:
Now were talking .No need to improve on perfection. That music could been played in any house or pub in Ireland and many Irish dances could be done to this tune. Thank you Obi. Looks like the Magyars had a bit more freedom than the Irish over the last few hundred years .Cromwell started the rot 400 yrs ago and suffocated the people. I can feel it in the atmosphere every time I go over. It still lingers.,

Now were talking .No need to improve on perfection. That music could been played in any house or pub in Ireland and many Irish dances could be done to this tune. Thank you Obi. Looks like the Magyars had a bit more freedom than the Irish over the last few hundred years .Cromwell started the rot 400 yrs ago and suffocated the people. I can feel it in the atmosphere every time I go over. It still lingers.,

Maybe a bit more freedom they had, but they were under Habsburg's rule for long time and they (the Habsurgs) did all they could to root out the original Magyar/Hun culture. Likely, it still survived and so did the original language. Irish were not so lucky, I guess, and I always feel sad when I think of how much prosecution the Irish/Celtic people had to endure from the English down to almost losing their own native tongue.

I can feel it in the atmosphere every time I go over. It still lingers.,

Yes, it's that feeling I still get when I visit. as if the voices are trapped somewhere. From reading history as explained by Laura I often wonder if what they experienced was what their souls came here for. I realise that's an awful stretch but why this grotesque suffering everywhere ? Was I one of those people in a previous life. So many ways to look at it with no answers.

I can feel it in the atmosphere every time I go over. It still lingers.,

Yes, it's that feeling I still get when I visit. as if the voices are trapped somewhere. From reading history as explained by Laura I often wonder if what they experienced was what their souls came here for. I realise that's an awful stretch but why this grotesque suffering everywhere ? Was I one of those people in a previous life. So many ways to look at it with no answers.

You know, Celts had great knowledge passed down from generation to generation by the Druids and generally a very spiritually advanced way of life unlike the English. I guess the English felt threatened by this and feared the power of the Celts thus set out to destroy that which they feared. The English were not the first in this, Romans did just that 1,5 millennium prior when they went all the way to England to conquer the Celts and they failed thanks to Picts. The English picked up where the Romans left off and continued the prosecutions. I guess the knowledge of the Celts was too much of a threat to the ruling Elite of the time and had to be eliminated. This is the root of the issue at hand, I believe.

Yes, psychopaths roaming the globe looking for MORE.of whatever they feel they are lacking or People forced to go far from their homelands due to climate instability. Continual movement for whatever reason. It's a never ending cycle on this planet and seems to be built in. Looks like everything has come to a standstill for once.

You know, Celts had great knowledge passed down from generation to generation by the Druids and generally a very spiritually advanced way of life unlike the English. I guess the English felt threatened by this and feared the power of the Celts thus set out to destroy that which they feared. The English were not the first in this, Romans did just that 1,5 millennium prior when they went all the way to England to conquer the Celts and they failed thanks to Picts. The English picked up where the Romans left off and continued the prosecutions. I guess the knowledge of the Celts was too much of a threat to the ruling Elite of the time and had to be eliminated. This is the root of the issue at hand, I believe.

The sad thing is the Saxons,Norman's etc where all related descendants down through time in essence they where persecuting there own people and the Cornish,Welsh,Bretons and Picts had there History hidden and destroyed and there languages hidden and spoken only by family right up to very recently when Welsh and Gaelic where allowed to be spoken again in schools and church.

The sad thing is the Saxons,Norman's etc where all related descendants down through time in essence they where persecuting there own people and the Cornish,Welsh,Bretons and Picts had there History hidden and destroyed and there languages hidden and spoken only by family right up to very recently when Welsh and Gaelic where allowed to be spoken again in schools and church

So true Talas. It used to frustrate the hell out of me every time I read history books of any country. The story is always the same,good trying to strive for better things and being crushed by power and force,. Only now I realize that's the way 3D here on earth is set up.. It's the only way STO and STS can interact and learn. I believe 3D earth will always be set up like this.....to learn through the friction of those two forces. It's not really about one force gaining the upper hand. It's about maintaining balance and the only true form of balance are the comets.

The sad thing is the Saxons,Norman's etc where all related descendants down through time in essence they where persecuting there own people and the Cornish,Welsh,Bretons and Picts had there History hidden and destroyed and there languages hidden and spoken only by family right up to very recently when Welsh and Gaelic where allowed to be spoken again in schools and church.

Agreed. These were all Aryan tribes on the island related with one another, but still they fought with each other, just like Polish and Russians: same genetic stock yet at war with each other since the dawn of history.

Interesting article on the oldest writing system in the world from the Danube valley. It is well known archeological fact that the Vince culture existed in the Central Europe even before the Sumerian civilization appeared. They had their own writing even before Sumerians.

Found some interesting connection between Sanskrit, Slav and Hungarian languages yet again.

It was part of an article: Proto-Indo-Europeans –Gods and Religions and Evolution of Mythologies (Bipin Shah, September 2018).

Here is the pertinent quote:
Agni” in Sanskrit means fire, and it corresponds to the Vedic god of fire. In Vedic literature, Agni is a major deity of Vedic people and often invoked as a God in early Rig-Vedic hymns totaling over 200 times along with Indra and Soma. Agni is considered the mouth of
the gods and goddesses and the medium that conveys offerings to them in a (Sanskrit Soma, Iranian homa).

He is conceptualized in ancient Vedic texts to exist at three levels, on earth as fire, in the atmosphere as lightning, and in the sky as the sun. This triple presence connects him as the messenger between gods and human beings in the Vedic-Persian thoughts. The relative importance of Agni declined in the post-Vedic era as proliferation of Gods and Goddesses assumed increased specialization in their divinities. This was the by-product and merging with native cultures, while preserving the identities of the Gods they brought with them. Sanskrit derivatives of root Ag”(ni)”or "to move", with the cognates Latin “ignis, the root of English “ignites”, Scandinavian “ogni”, Russian “Orohb” (ogon)”, Polish "ogień", Slovenian "ogenj", Serbian “oganj”, and Lithuanian “ugnis”, with the reconstructed Proto-Indo-European root being “hegni” Lithuanian “ugnis — all with the meaning "fire". The mention of Agni God is found in Jainism, Buddhism, and Zoroastrianism."

So, Agni means fire and in my native Polish it is indeed ogień, so very close to Sanskirt.

Now, take the root Ag and it has a very similar root in Hungarian - Ég (pronounced roughly 'eig'), but it does not mean fire, but sky. But guess what word Hungarians use as a verb 'to burn' - égni. Look how close it is to the reconstructed PIE root "hegni". Just drop "h" and you have your Hungarian word for burning. How did the Hungarians connect the word for sky with the action of burning is beyond my comprehension, but I suspect it has to do with comets and their influence on our Earth.

This is just one of countless examples how Sanskirt, Slavic and Hungarian languages are connected and related on the deepest possible level. It points to the possibility that at some point in the distant past they were one and the same language.

Fascinating....

How did the Hungarians connect the word for sky with the action of burning is beyond my comprehension, but I suspect it has to do with comets and their influence on our Earth.
Or maybe burning things turns them into air and smoke travels upwards, so burning things turns/moves them into sky? Another idea would be sky as the place of the sun and stars or all natural light sources.

Or maybe burning things turns them into air and smoke travels upwards, so burning things turns/moves them into sky? Another idea would be sky as the place of the sun and stars or all natural light sources.

Agreed. Sun, starts are all fire/light sources thus sky is related to burning process and the noun 'sky' is turned into a verb meaning 'to burn'. This is still a very fascinating thing to see how ancient people used the qualities of the sky to describe certain actions.

This news is from today.

translated via google translate:

"Serbian and Sanskrit used to be one language": The first Sanskrit-Serbian dictionary was presented

The first Sanskrit-Serbian dictionary has a fund of 70,000 Sanskrit words, of which over 5,000 are related to the Serbian language, its author Momir Nikić said today at the promotion of the dictionary.
Nikic pointed out that his 1,261-page dictionary published by Prometheus was a complex project in linguistic, lexicographic, technical and physical terms, similar to a long-term " job in a 3,500-year-old mine ".
At the promotion in the RTS Club, Nikić said that in the lexicographic sense, it is practically a collection of several dictionaries: meanings, morphology, etymology, accents, sources for Sanskrit, Indo-European comparisons, and it also contains a lexicon of Sanskrit-Serbian similarities.
"This is the first classical Sanskrit dictionary in our language. He is the only one of such size and complexity in any Slavic language. There are significantly smaller works of simple lexicographic material, vocabulary and accompanying glossaries with translations and manuals ", stated Nikić.
According to him, our best linguists noticed a great similarity between Serbian and Sanskrit, some determined that they were once the same language, but "the question was never asked which Sanskrit it is?"
"Our research confirms that Serbian is the closest to the oldest layer - Vedic and translation. Suffice it to state the immense closeness in morphology, inflections, declensions, conjugations, palatalization processes, euphony; numbers, pronouns, cases; roots, suffixes… ", said Nikić.
He also pointed out the huge similarity "in the vocabulary of human anatomy, colors, natural environment, animal husbandry and agriculture, existence, terms of kinship, social organization, religion and rituals, war and military terminology."
"In the fund of some 70,000 Sanskrit words, we have appointed over 5,000 relatives . We have stated the majority ourselves, but a significant part of those that have already been noticed so far, "the author pointed out.

Nikic has a bachelor's and master's degree in world literature and is the first doctor of anthropology at the University of Belgrade. He is engaged in the field of historical anthropology and anthropological linguistics.
Professor Dr. Miloš Kovačević pointed out that Nikić's vocabulary, when talking about dead languages, is "perhaps better than all we have in the Serbian language , or the former Serbo-Croatian language ".
"This is a book for all libraries, all linguistic departments and for the study of general linguistics at all faculties," Kovacevic pointed out.
Professor Dr. Veljko Brborić assessed that the appearance of Nikić's dictionary is "an important moment in the linguistics of Serbia", because they are among the European nations that have brought Sanskrit closer to readers and historians of the language.
"This belongs to the category of bilingual dictionaries, and in the cultural-civilizational sense, it will help everyone who deals with the Serbian language to see that antiquity." I am sure that this will be the beginning of new discoveries ", stated Brborić.
The Ambassador of India, Sanjiv Kohli, expressed his deep gratitude to Nikić in the dictionary, emphasizing that this job required "a man of great intellect, unwavering perseverance and dedication, and a strong desire to explore the unexplored."

An interesting video on this topic. The 5 minute of video is especially interesting when it shows the similarities between the Serbo-Croatian counting to 10 and in Sanskrit.

Another thing attracted a lot of attention to me, and that is the nursery rhyme
that every child in the former Yugoslavia knows, many many generations (God knows how many).
It goes like this:
"en den dini,
sava raka dini,
sava raka tika taka,
bija baja bum,
trif traf truf. "
This in the Serbo-Croatian language means nothing, except that it is rhythmic for singing and easy for every child to remember.

According to the theory advocated by a one reasrcher, words from Sanskrit, the ancient language of India, are preserved in this children's song. According to that theory, the song in Sanskrit read:

An Tan Dini
Sava Raga Dina
Daka Bhiya Bhaya Bbum
It is a song that celebrates the radiance of one God and a new day - a morning that shines
(SJECANJE NA INDIJU)

This nursery rhyme is also known in other cultures (for example, in English it reads Eeny, meeny, miny, moe). It is interesting that among children in Israel, this song is recited with similar words and pronunciation.

Back
Top Bottom