Éiriú-Eolas - Breathing Program

I just saw the translation and it says America. I heard there's ten minutes of time to edit and for one I didn't get there in time...

The acronym of Ériú Eolas must have been there and the translator interpreted it as the acronym for the United States.

This is interesting anyway because on Mondays and Thursdays we do it together all over the world and this strengthens the community. In a way we are United States... :-D

I've been doing EE every second day for the past few weeks in the sauna blanket, was just doing the meditation for a long time, now I've got back into a routine of regular EE and it feels great. I fall asleep sometimes and it feels like hours have past, wake feeling refreshed calm and focused. Things don't bother me as much. I'm able to let things go much easier. I try to be conscious of my breathing throughout the day, no shallow breathing. The mind matters show on breathing benefits is excellent. In fact all the shows are excellent, I'm looking forward to my EE and sauna session later today😁. Also I must read through this thread for others experiences, haven't read it for a while.

The following video not only gets into the sequence of exercises, but explains why they're done and how. It does take a little time to strengthen one's lung capacity and get used to some of the bodily sensations that tend to accompany the exercises, so do be patient with yourself as you're learning how to do it, MA. And feel free to share your experiences and pose any questions you may have as you do.

Thanks! I could swear I recall seeing a post from Laura where she lays out the number of repetitions, etc. I image this must be in the two suggestions for the origin. In my quest for grace, I'm just dotting "i"'s and crossing "t"'s. The formula of EE has brought me so far from where I began in my work with my inner life.

I am reminded of why I have been avoiding doing anything other than POTS recently. I feel awful; deeply sad and terribly fragile. I feel crushed by life and reality. None of this is unknown to me sadly but I have been so much better in myself over recent months so I am not enjoying this very much.

How does one cope with this and still do E.E.? I am reminded of JBP's advice to bear one's suffering as best as one can and to just get on with things. Here, we say: 'do what is in front of you' too. Emotionally and psychologically I feel like I want to curl up into a foetal position and make everything just go away but that's not going to help.

IIRC Laura says in one of the E.E. videos that 'most people have oceans of sadness within them' or something similar. I would welcome some input from those who have had a similar reaction to E.E. as I have. Some practical advice would be appreciated. If I bear my suffering as best I can, do what is in front of me as best I can and keep doing E.E. as best I can, will that help? Will E.E. gradually release all this horrible baggage that I am clearly carrying around with me?

I am reminded of why I have been avoiding doing anything other than POTS recently. I feel awful; deeply sad and terribly fragile. I feel crushed by life and reality. None of this is unknown to me sadly but I have been so much better in myself over recent months so I am not enjoying this very much.

How does one cope with this and still do E.E.? I am reminded of JBP's advice to bear one's suffering as best as one can and to just get on with things. Here, we say: 'do what is in front of you' too. Emotionally and psychologically I feel like I want to curl up into a foetal position and make everything just go away but that's not going to help.

IIRC Laura says in one of the E.E. videos that 'most people have oceans of sadness within them' or something similar. I would welcome some input from those who have had a similar reaction to E.E. as I have. Some practical advice would be appreciated. If I bear my suffering as best I can, do what is in front of me as best I can and keep doing E.E. as best I can, will that help? Will E.E. gradually release all this horrible baggage that I am clearly carrying around with me?

There are times when the psychological burden is large that makes me want to lie in bed, but I found that through patience (no complaining) and persistence through wading through the sludge, it gets you out of the rut eventually. If you find yourself in a similar situation, try letting go of thoughts and focus on feeling just your mind and emotions as you work. Eventually, the thoughts and feelings of dread may come to pass and your energy comes back.

There are times when the psychological burden is large that makes me want to lie in bed, but I found that through patience (no complaining) and persistence through wading through the sludge, it gets you out of the rut eventually. If you find yourself in a similar situation, try letting go of thoughts and focus on feeling just your mind and emotions as you work. Eventually, the thoughts and feelings of dread may come to pass and your energy comes back.

Thank you; I have persevered this afternoon and kept busy doing what was in front of me and it has certainly helped lift my mood and outlook. I have not done an E.E. today though so that might be part of it too. I should be okay to do POTS before sleep tonight so will have to see how I am tomorrow. Hopefully, I am okay as I am expecting a visitor tomorrow. Oh well, such is life :).

Thank you for responding; I feel encouraged by your input.

Hello strategic enclosure. According to the advice of other experienced members, they said that sometimes, if you cannot handle the flood of emotions that is triggered by the practice, it is convenient to do the first part of the exercises and not do the Beatha part and move on to the meditation part.

They also advised to reduce the periodicity in the week, it can be once a week, or perhaps space out more depending on how you are feeling. The good thing about this is that you can explore in a more gentle way what is coming up.

When you are in a state of sadness, maybe it can help, listening to inspiring music, at least it works for me, sometimes I free myself from anxiety by practicing sewing with an old sewing machine or any activity where I can put creativity into practice.

It is necessary to develop willpower to get out of these states, it is not easy but it is possible. Putting on little challenges to win the "pulse" to the sadness that "pulls" down!

Actually the emotions that emerge are not easy to handle. You are not alone. All of us who are doing this cleaning work go through similar states.

Eventually we become free of those sufferings if we look at the thoughts and emotions as they are shown to us. Be patient and strong in the healing process. You will see the sun again. "The sun is always there even if the clouds of sadness hide it."
Perhaps better advice will come from more experienced people.

Ériu Eolas is a powerful tool for our work, but we have to add a conscious effort on our part to manage aspects of ourselves that cause us pain. Somehow those aspects were already there and doing their work without us knowing about them.

Now we have the possibility to make them visible so that we can heal with a more relaxed attitude by stimulating the vagus nerve. Remember that the results are cumulative. Do not give up in your efforts, all this bitterness will pass.

Just a few thoughts and I hope you recover soon. Big hug!:hug2:

My experience when starting EE a few years back. I dived straight in doing the full program, it was to much lots of stuff came up, I couldn't deal with it. Just doing the first part and the meditation a few times a week wasn't as over whelming as doing the whole program. When I felt ready after a while I went back to the whole program once a week and the meditation most days doing this for a while then adding an extra day for full EE. Recently, I kept away from doing full EE for a time just doing the meditation because, I didn't make time for it had lots going on at the time. Now im back doing the whole program regularly the past few weeks, its no were near as overwhelming as before. Keep at it and go easy on yourself it takes time, I found writing and spending time in nature is a good thing, anyway just my experience hope it helps in some way. Stay strong it will pass and you will be better off in the end.

Strategic enclosure - from "Healing Developmental Trauma" - there is advice to notice the feelings and focus on your body f. ex. You notice how your feets touch the ground and when you do that, you allow emotions/feelings to be with curiosity and acceptance. I know that this is easier said than done. I very much find myself in your posts above. And from other posts I just realised that maybe I feel so intense all the time, because actually i do EE twice a week, before going to sleep and I fall asleep with Laura voice on my side. I will consider to do just the first part, 3SB and WB as it gives me a lot of inner peace and its clearing my mind after doing it; and then I will do meditation after it. I wish everybody a lot of inner peace :) and thank you for your posts.

Hello strategic enclosure. According to the advice of other experienced members, they said that sometimes, if you cannot handle the flood of emotions that is triggered by the practice, it is convenient to do the first part of the exercises and not do the Beatha part and move on to the meditation part.
This is exactly right! Stop doing the Beatha if you are doing it. The pipe breathing also releases repressed emotions, but at a more gentle pace.

If you feel that you'd still like to do the Beatha, then only do the slower breathing part - don't force the breath when doing the Beatha, just breathe gently. The object is not to get all of your breath out, but to breathe in, and then out, without any pause in between them. That's why it's also called Round Breathing. It's a continuous loop of in-and-out breathing.

However, it would most probably be best to just skip it for now. Like I said, the pipe breathing not only calms one's emotions, but does release repressed emotions over a period of time so that they can be processed much easier.

Whenever doing the whole, complete program, only do it twice a week at most. That's for everyone.

Back
Top Bottom