Trump Assassination of Iranian General Soleimani - IRGC Counterstrike

There are two things that amaze me about this whole incident - the assassination and the subsequent plane destruction.

First is that so many people who have spent the last couple of years denouncing the MSM and the intelligence community for lies and fake news about Russiagate and Trump have done a 180- degree turn and are now uncritically accepting what the MSM and intelligence community have to say about the plane being shot down by the Iranians. The claim is made that the video was verified by the New York Times. If the subject had been Russiagate, this would have been decried. Now because it backs up Trump, it is uncritically accepted. The intelligence community is saying this is what happened. Again because it is seen as pro Trump it is just accepted. How do these people rationalize this insanity?

The second thing is the number of people on social media, that up to this time I had judged as reasonable, sane and sober people, who have just unleashed and expressed their absolute joy and delight that Soleimani has been murdered. They are positively ecstatic about it, thanking God and Trump that is has happened, that such an evil terrorist has been killed. You can almost see their blood lust. No stopping to query why he is called a terrorist. No understanding that anybody who does not do what the US wants automatically becomes a terrorist. And when you challenge them on this, they come back and say - Iran murders homosexuals and treats women terribly. And when you point out the Saudi Arabia and the Gulf States are equally as bad on human rights issues if not worse, and ask why they aren't calling for their leaders to be murdered, you are accused of being a terrorist lover. The insane bloodlust and expressed joy is sickening. These people clearly have lost all capacity to think and reason for themselves and for all intents and purposes are insane.

The C's said this would be an interesting year with weird happenings and they sure got that right.

Didn't take them to long to react, what is the hurry, oh! I forgot, they want that war.

They will probably buid up the illusion . In this way when it happen, they wont have to work to hard to make the population believe that the iranian did it.

Just saw this on the internet. Seems to be legitimate and is being reported widely . Apparently Iranian state TV broadcast an announcement saying Iran shot down the plane in error. Stranger and stranger.

It seems to be that someone must have twisted their arm into admitting fault. Or they decided that it would have been best to simply admit it and pay some reparations rather than perpetuate the accusations.

It seems to be that someone must have twisted their arm into admitting fault. Or they decided that it would have been best to simply admit it and pay some reparations rather than perpetuate the accusations.
Once they realised it was their fault, they figured it was not defensable nor was it intentional. So they manned up, admitted it and apologised. Wouldn't be surprised if they offer compensation

Maybe not. I'm just speculating and I know I might be way out in left field here. My gut feeling is that Israel/Mossad is responsible, probably to implicate Russia, since it was a Russian missile that was found near the wreckage. By Iran admitting they were responsible, (even though they didn't do it) this eliminates any Russian involvement. Iran can "get away with it" because it was "human error" which is "understandable" in those kind of circumstances.

What I also find interesting is what the foreign minister Javad Zarif stated on twitter:
Human error at time of crisis caused by US adventurism led to disaster. Our profound regrets, apologies and condolences to our people, to the families of all victims, and to other affected nations.

He's saying that Trump is ultimately responsible for the airline tragedy since Trump started this whole mess by assassinating Iran's hero. It could also be a message to Trump, that if he wants to do Israel's bidding, then he'll have to pay the consequences.

Again, just my 2cents.

Once they realised it was their fault, they figured it was not defensable nor was it intentional. So they manned up, admitted it and apologised. Wouldn't be surprised if they offer compensation
Either that or they stood to loose more by dragging the whole thing further. I wouldn’t even be surprised if some of their business partners in the international arena sort of went to them with the suggestion, to sort of bite the bullet and take the loss now but continue to earn later.

Just speculating, but I remember reading that for some missile systems you need to ‘paint’ the target in advance. Could the usual suspects have ‘painted’ the plane, or changed the ‘identification code’ that it transmits, so that it would mistakenly be identified as an enemy plane? Also, in order to hit a plane at that altitude you need to do a lot of preparations, you can’t just spontaneously ‘fire at will’, right?

Well as others said certainly didn't see this coming.

I'm surprised by that - it was immediately obvious from the video footage that the plane was shot down. Also, the timing of the event strongly suggested that this was an act of retaliation by Iran. Sure, there is always a possibility of a complex web of intrigue and subterfuge. But overthinking the matter and rampant speculation are counterproductive - especially, since information is scarce.

Sometimes, things are just as they appear.

This is unlikely to be over. I would say, let us stay tuned for more data points before jumping to conclusions. Have you noticed the strange silence from the Russian, Chinese and the Israeli officials on the matter? I wonder what's up with that.

And no, it is not very likely that Iran will compensate the families of the victims. I do not expect such acts of grace from an unhinged regime like Iran - a regime which violently oppresses its own people. I expect deflection of blame and maybe a couple of executions.

And no, nobody painted the plane. That's just silly talk.

2c.

Just speculating, but I remember reading that for some missile systems you need to ‘paint’ the target in advance. Could the usual suspects have ‘painted’ the plane, or changed the ‘identification code’ that it transmits, so that it would mistakenly be identified as an enemy plane? Also, in order to hit a plane at that altitude you need to do a lot of preparations, you can’t just spontaneously ‘fire at will’, right?

'Human error at time of crisis caused by US adventurism led to disaster', the Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif said.

Could the usual suspects have ‘painted’ the plane, or changed the ‘identification code’ that it transmits, so that it would mistakenly be identified as an enemy plane?

Had recalled reading about this also, not sure where - perhaps Syria related (and this concerned Israel) whereby the technology to intercept codes on aircraft could be ghosted and thus countermeasures would lock-on and fire.

Back
Top Bottom