Ice Age Preparation ?

I've had some more thoughts about this, and I'm addressing the earlier posts. When the thread was posted in November, it was like a wake up call and I had some visceral feelings. It seems to have died down, and maybe we have another year before things really go south. But we're not even a month into winter so who knows.

The following hasn't been mentioned, so I'll share my thoughts. When you ask if I have any plans for the Ice Age, in part it's like asking do I have any last wishes for my life. Death could come soon, and that's something you'd want to prepare for. So I found myself asking things like, "What are the next 10 books I want to read, hobbies or things to try out, lessons to learn even if only starting them?"

Basically, I feel complacent and like I haven't really started living my life. And there is no, "One rainy day I'll start doing such and such." You either start it now or never do it. So that's how I feel about that. If there's little time left, have you lived your life well, and what is there left that you would want to start, learn, or change, even if you will most likely not complete it? FWIW.

go, where it's warm! Get as much sunshine as possible. It will come late, meaning it might not be in my time.

Guns to protect? sure, you need not aim at people. And infants falling into the water, while I am witnessing? Sure I would get them out. In my world everybody is responsible for everything in reach. Its easy to get an infant out of the water. I would just have to get everything dry again. Happy new Year!

I can't remember the session, but it was within the last few years, discussing the militarization of the France group when there was a visiting security professional advising Laura. You should have come across it yourself in your readings.

Honestly Woodsman, I can't think of anywhere that the Cs mentioned "militarization of the France group". So why should BlackCartouche remember? I know many times I think the Cs said something and later when I search for it I find they really did not say that (at least not exactly).

When we say "the Cs said" we should be able to give a reference. I am not saying you are incorrect but I think you need to be more specific in this case.

If I recall correctly, it was a warning against being armed in the current situation where gun control and phobia are the rage. The issue being that it would make it easier to being raided, etc. It wasn't about karma or whatever nonsense that involves.

If I recall correctly, it was a warning against being armed in the current situation where gun control and phobia are the rage. The issue being that it would make it easier to being raided, etc. It wasn't about karma or whatever nonsense that involves.

How about being a little more specific. If we are going to be objective I think source references is a good place to start.

Honestly Woodsman, I can't think of anywhere that the Cs mentioned "militarization of the France group". So why should BlackCartouche remember? I know many times I think the Cs said something and later when I search for it I find they really did not say that (at least not exactly).

When we say "the Cs said" we should be able to give a reference. I am not saying you are incorrect but I think you need to be more specific in this case.

No, somebody is remembering stuff about the Montalk situation way back in 2003 and mixing it up.

I don't know what I am gonna do with/about the Ice .. on a personal level ..
but i am paying attention !
Here is an interesting article by Martin Armstrong ( usually one who talks economics )
The Coming Mini Ice Age & Cyclical Movement of the Tropics Belt Itself | Armstrong Economics

Capture armstrong one.PNG
Capture armstrong two.PNG
We have the most sophisticated and diverse client base than probably any institution covering more than 100 countries. Our business has been constructed upon one bedrock foundation – unbiased computer analysis. These forecasts are NEVER my personal opinion. There are plenty of people who seek to argue but fail to understand it is NOT ME! Just because someone claims to be a scientist and states for or against Global Warming, really does not add up to a lot for just as when you go visit a doctor, they always tell you to get a second “opinion” because that is all you are getting.
more at site :-)
The Coming Mini Ice Age & Cyclical Movement of the Tropics Belt Itself | Armstrong Economics

No, somebody is remembering stuff about the Montalk situation way back in 2003 and mixing it up.

That'd be me.

For some reason I remember a longer conversation where a visiting security-minded person was advising on strategy, including the establishment of layers of security and typical VIP protection. The best I could find was indeed from waaaay earlier than the scene my imagination conjured up.

Session 17 August 2003

Thank-you all for the course correction. I was getting too big for my britches! My apologies to BlackCartouche; your question was 100% valid and I was being a dick.

Honestly, not a day goes by without thinking about the coming hard times. No way i can feed myself and or my kids. Grow veggies? That does not sound like food to me. And i would need a ton of them. Right now, getting evicted, all of us must part with everything we can miss, and while we tell eachother that a new start is a great thing, there is a river of sadness underneath.

My plan was to move to a more rural area once I retired in a few years. Recent events (in the last 4 weeks or so) have greatly altered my anticipated health and wealth opportunities (translation: modest retirement) to the point that I am now planning to stay put and stay working for quite some time. I have a good, reasonably secure day job and I live close to work. My home has a lot of storage space and I have space for a roommate now that the children have moved on. There is some space on my lot for a garden and greenhouse, maybe some smaller food critters. As for personal safety, I think not living alone anymore might be good. I'm getting hunting/protection accessories and training as well. Since watching some Little House on the Prairie back in the day, I've been a bit of a prepper/hoarder. I have a lot of stuff and some useful skills for barter. I have a good reputation for helping people with my work in my community so maybe that will give me some protection should things start to fall apart. I have a genuine desire to help people and teach useful skills going forward, which is one reason I hoard useful paper books.
I might discuss the recent events on The Swamp board. Sobering how quickly our lives can change. The dust is still settling on some of this stuff. I'm not worried about things.
I was thinking a few years ago to dig a deep 'swimming pool' in the back yard (by way of explanation for the hole). Then I might use the space as a geo-thermally nicer zone for staying or storage or hiding, or even to access some airmass for heating/cooling my home. Problem is we have had so many floods recently. Water table here is pretty high in eastern NC. I think there must be a good way to seal it securely from the water. Something to think about. I have wood for heat. I don't want to go to the poor house with utility bills.

Reactions: Ca.
My plan was to move to a more rural area once I retired in a few years. Recent events (in the last 4 weeks or so) have greatly altered my anticipated health and wealth opportunities (translation: modest retirement) to the point that I am now planning to stay put and stay working for quite some time. I have a good, reasonably secure day job and I live close to work. My home has a lot of storage space and I have space for a roommate now that the children have moved on. There is some space on my lot for a garden and greenhouse, maybe some smaller food critters. As for personal safety, I think not living alone anymore might be good. I'm getting hunting/protection accessories and training as well. Since watching some Little House on the Prairie back in the day, I've been a bit of a prepper/hoarder. I have a lot of stuff and some useful skills for barter. I have a good reputation for helping people with my work in my community so maybe that will give me some protection should things start to fall apart. I have a genuine desire to help people and teach useful skills going forward, which is one reason I hoard useful paper books.
I might discuss the recent events on The Swamp board. Sobering how quickly our lives can change. The dust is still settling on some of this stuff. I'm not worried about things.
I was thinking a few years ago to dig a deep 'swimming pool' in the back yard (by way of explanation for the hole). Then I might use the space as a geo-thermally nicer zone for staying or storage or hiding, or even to access some airmass for heating/cooling my home. Problem is we have had so many floods recently. Water table here is pretty high in eastern NC. I think there must be a good way to seal it securely from the water. Something to think about. I have wood for heat. I don't want to go to the poor house with utility bills.

Hello Yupo. Thank you for that. You sound in a much better position than a lot of people so we have to be grateful for what we've got. Firewood for heating & cooking will be like hens teeth when the time comes so that's a very good start.

Reactions: Ca.
When we say "the Cs said" we should be able to give a reference.

I think my statement here was over the top and I apologize to Woodsman for not saying we should "try to give a reference". I don't want to discourage anyone from commenting just because they can't remember or can't find an exact reference.

I know many quote from The Empire Strikes Back where Yoda says “Do. Or do not. There is no try.” and that is perhaps a lofty goal but we have to work on it to get to that state of perfection I think. In the meantime I just try to "do" the best I can.

The gun control in France is real but the government does allow hunter's to bear arms, and TG for that.
Raided for what?
French gun laws date back to April 18, 1939, though they have been amended a number of times since. They are certainly tough: There is no right to bear arms for the French, and to own a gun, you need a hunting or sporting license which needs to be repeatedly renewed and requires a psychological evaluation. Jan 9, 2015

For me, Longbow or Recurve, for hunting, and predator protection.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom