Dynamo magician et al

BrightLight11 said:
Fluffy said:
so does anyone think that it's possible to learn how to manipulate matter at will, shapeshift, levitate, or any other supernatural type abilities ???? I want to think that these things are all possible in a universe with endless potential... That's what I tell my kids anyhow...

Hi Fluffy. If these topics are of interest to you, I highly recommend reading Laura's High Strangeness and The Wave Series. All of these topics are covered extensively in those books (and others on the recommended reading list). As for "wanting to think these things are all possible", it might be more productive to take a look around at what you CAN see. There are discoveries around each and every corner of our individual lives that are mind blowing.

For me, when reading the SOTT News page everyday, I always find something that makes my jaw drop. Also, when taking my daily walk in Nature, there are changes in the physical environment that amaze me to the point of no words. Also, when I read something in a book that resonates with me, and I feel the words were written for me to find, I close my eyes for a moment and thank the Universe. When others that I trust point out something about my behavior or personality that I was completely blind to, and I have to take a REAL hard look, I'm eventually awed. Why? Because more often than not, they were right, and now I have another piece of my individual puzzle to work on.

"Regular Life" may seem mundane, but with a little bit of knowledge and a group of people that think similar to you, you'll begin to see the unseen and the magic that comes along with that. :) FWIW.
I cant say I agree more, the way I was led to find the Cassiopaea website last year was truly magical in itself and blew my mind away, I spent 6 months buzzing while I read and studied the site inside out... that's just one example of the wonder of the mundane world when we look with our eyes open.... I had the same kinda buzz when I read Ra a few years back and I've experienced sooooo many unexplainable awe striking that I would and have sounded like a lunatic when I relay these amazing moments. I have to admit that I truly cant remember them all or probably even half of them coz when I began to wake up I wandered around in a dream like state for about a year and a half as if the whole cosmos existed just for me- head in the clouds days are over and I'm back on earth enjoying, suffering, growing as much as I can...... Learning is fun ;D
I'm still intrigued by this Dynamo guy, I don't usually buy too much into anything- nor have I bought into this, but I do think anything is possible and those possibilities are endless.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99XYKkf2vCU
check this one out, now I'm not saying I believe this or anything else but it's still pretty cool and totally feasible I suppose... and just for fun no matter how useless

Fluffy said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99XYKkf2vCU
check this one out, now I'm not saying I believe this or anything else but it's still pretty cool and totally feasible I suppose... and just for fun no matter how useless

There's already a thread about this video here. It seems like it comes from a Chinese gaming website.

Fluffy said:
so does anyone think that it's possible to learn how to manipulate matter at will, shapeshift, levitate, or any other supernatural type abilities ???? I want to think that these things are all possible in a universe with endless potential... That's what I tell my kids anyhow...

It is likely possible. Even Gurdjieff was said to be able to bend others perceptions of him, but i would think obtaining an ability such as this that is hyperdimensional would take a lifetime of study. Otherwise these types of illusions can be learned by most anyone. OSIT

davey72 said:
It is likely possible. Even Gurdjieff was said to be able to bend others perceptions of him, but i would think obtaining an ability such as this that is hyperdimensional would take a lifetime of study. Otherwise these types of illusions can be learned by most anyone. OSIT

In Gurdjieff's "Meetings with remarkable men", he recounts the story of a Persian friend he met at Constantinople (Ekim Bey, Chapter 8). He starts this chapter by "At the present time this man is in good health from the ordinary point of view, but according to my view, and speaking between ourselves, only his physical body is in good health". He describes him as "..., who is respected by all serious persons that know him, as well as by the common run of people, who regard him as a great magician and wizard". The chapter basically describes the magic tricks this gentleman uses and his knowledge of the human subconscious and how he uses it. In the next chapter he is critical towards "fakirs" calling them "swindler" and "cheat". As for his own training in hypnosis, I recall that in this same book he insisted that he performed hypnosis on a friend only with the acceptance of this later, in order not to go against his freewill. So, any ability, physical or otherwise, do not matter in itself, it is how we use it that matters in the end.

Yesterday, I came across a youtube video titled "Magicians” Prove A Spiritual World Exists. It is nearly 3 hours. It seems to have been created from a catholic christian religious perspective and tries to explain how most popular magicians utilize demonic forces to make magical performances. I don't think that all the performances shown actually involve magic, many of them can actually be "tricks" but I'm personally sure that some others of them really involve a kind of "magic" with demonic assistance.

Incidentally, a certain magician named "dynamo" is also discussed beginning from somewhere between 1:23:00 - 1:24:00. There, first Manly P. Hall is quoted regarding the existence of a "dynamo of living power" that flows through hands and that Masons are supposed to learn to use. And then, through a reference to the word "dynamo", the discussion is shifted to the magician named "dynamo". I'm not sure but it seems that other than trickery and demonic influences, there is also a relatively natural but mysterious life force energy that can be used in some of these performances (like for spoon bending, etc. ?)

When I watched the video and the performances, I was very amazed at how our ordinary reality can be challenged and manipulated so easily and blatantly. It also makes one wonder what is everything all about anyway, doesn't it?

I saw this Dynamo and similar to him on TV a few years ago.Its looks interesting and amazing at first , but all that magic is just very well-trained tricks. Nothing more. And since all those tricks look like a real magic, people think that it's something real.
Just a good trick that is practiced until perfection. Add here the TV camera and you have the "magic ".

Yesterday, I came across a youtube video titled "Magicians” Prove A Spiritual World Exists. It is nearly 3 hours. It seems to have been created from a catholic christian religious perspective and tries to explain how most popular magicians utilize demonic forces to make magical performances. I don't think that all the performances shown actually involve magic, many of them can actually be "tricks" but I'm personally sure that some others of them really involve a kind of "magic" with demonic assistance.

Magicians prove a spiritual world exists: I think the magic of e.g. David Blaine or Dynamo can't be explained by tricks. They are capable of materilization in front of a disbelieving audience. Mike Super is the only one who admits, that his magic is only made possible through a spirit.

Wai Shui Kwan: 4:00
Face changing/mask changing without touching his face.

David Copperfield: 9:42
He has the world's greatest collection of magic memorabilia. He collects haunted items from all over the world, he has thousands of magic books. His „tricks“: levitating audience members, flying through the air without apparent wires attached.

David Blaine: 33:23
His card tricks appear to be more like acts of materialization. He perform levitations live on the street in front of pedestrians. Card decks become evidently smaller as he makes certain colors disappear. A full cup of coffee turns into a cup of coins for a homeless person. He bends prison bars in a real prison in front of inmates. He reaches through a shop-window to take a watch without damaging the glass.

Cyril Takayama: 46:46
He levitates a woman in a pentagram circle. He moves in front of audience a cell phone into the ice of a lake. He picks the right card through bungee jumping and piercing it with a sword. He changes water in ice in his hands.

Criss Angel: 55:44
He levitates in front of live audience in a shopping mall, on a field. He has hypnotized people and then levitated them. He levitated Shaquille O'Neal so that he went over a house. He makes stuffed animals walk. He pushes pencils through coins. He bends forks without touching them. He swallows a coin, moves it through his arm and cuts it out. He does seances where he walkes on the ceiling.

Dynamo (Steven Frayne): 1:23:44
On numerous occasions he put solid objects right through his body. He materializes the musial performer on his shirt one person thought of. He bends his fingers in impossible ways.

Mike Super: 1:45:00
He openly admits, he is able to perform his magic through a spirit called Desmond he knows since childhood. In his shows he does Voodoo in front of audience.

Matt Franco: 1:51:55
The usual card tricks. Cards are changing numbers in front of camera.

Thank you for providing an active link to the video, Gattaca, and also for your notes.

I must say that I have a special like and respect about Dynamo. When I wrote my previous message above, I hadn't checked his videos much, then I did and I think he is suchh a nice guy. I find him to be very good intentioned although some people think he uses demonic powers to do some of his tricks. I can't be sure if he really does. He most probably does some simple tricks for some of his shows but I think some of them can only be achieved by an extraordinary skill of mind-reading if they are not staged, of course. Whether he has or doesn't have "extraordinary" skills, I love him, enjoy watching him, getting good vibes from his interaction with people in his shows.

Earlier this year, he had a very nasty food poisoning and apparently he had already been a sufferer of the Chrone's disease, which made the situation worse. Fortunately, I think, he's been much better for some time now.

He also did, or has been doing, some educational charity activities for Syrian kids.

Interesting video, thanks for linking it Gattaca. The audiences can be bought and paid for and the tricks could be CGI'd or due to other camera trickery, but it seems unlikely that it is the case in every case. For example, it is puzzling how someone can produce stuff seemingly "out of thin air", in clear view, in front of an audience. The video quite simplistically puts all of the activity due to "demonic influence", but the issue is probably more complicated than that.

This reminded me about Dean Radin's book "Real Magic", which is in my to read list. Radin has written some notable books previously about consciousness and parapsychology and has quite an impressive resume (from the book's Amazon page):

https://www.amazon.com/Real-Magic-A...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1546324504&sr=1-1

DEAN RADIN, Ph.D., is Chief Scientist at the Institute of Noetic Sciences (IONS) and Distinguished Professor at the California Institute of Integral Studies. For nearly four decades he has been engaged in consciousness research. Before joining the research staff at IONS in 2001, he held appointments at AT&T Bell Laboratories, Princeton University, and several Silicon Valley think tanks, including SRI International, where he worked on a classified program investigating psychic phenomena for the U.S. government.

A review form Amazon:

"The book Real Magic gives a fascinating insight into both the historic and modern perspectives of magical practice. The modern ‘magic’ that Dean Radin refers to embodies a range of ‘psi’ phenomena whose occurrence is stubbornly statistically significant. Their magnitude may be modest, but after hundreds of thousands of high quality experiments, instances of remote viewing and precognition for example, are persistent outcomes that cannot be explained away by chance or poor methodology. From a conventional scientific point of view these are anomalies that do not fit the existing paradigm. For Dean Radin these phenomena are an inevitable consequence of a universal consciousness that underpins the very fabric of space-time itself. For most of us the myriad distractions of the everyday world dull our senses, but with concerted effort, yoga and meditation, it seems that gifted individuals might be capable of amazing things. But as Radin says “Magic is real, but no one said it’s going to be fast or easy.” —Dr Steve Boreham, University of Cambridge

Back
Top Bottom