AUTOIMMUNE DISEASES CAUSED BY AN INFECTION?

I found what this man used against Chlamydia in his previous experiment where he used his old lycopene product:

Effects of Whey protein incorporated into lycopene particles

To verify the potential effect of WP-Lycosomestm, a clinical trial was undertaken. 20 Coronary Heart Disease (CHD) patients who were positive for anti-Chlamydia IgG and hypercholesterolaemia were identified. These patients were randomised in 4 groups of 5 patients, and each of them received daily either in:

1st group - 7 mg of lycopene supplement (in 70mg of tomato oleoresin) , or

2nd group - 700mg of WP, or

3rd group - mechanical mixture of 7mg of lycopene (in 70mg of tomato oleoresin) , and 70mg of WP, or

4th group - P-Lycosome comprising of 7mg of lycopene (in 70mg of tomato oleoresin) and 70mg of WP.

Serum anti-Chlamydia IgG and total serum cholesterol were measured after 4 weeks.

The results show that WP itself has no ability to affect the level of Chlamydia infection in these patients, in terms of the specific IgG, or cholesterol concentration (Tables 1 and 2) . Lycopene on its own has some ability to reduce Chlamydia infection, but its effect is only observed from the 2nd week of its administration onwards and the total sero-negativity for all patients was only achieved in the last week of the trial. Mechanical mixing of lycopene with whey protein substantially diminished the ability of lycopene to reduce Chlamydia infection and 4 out of 5 patients (80%) remained sero-positive by the end of the trial (4 weeks).

Lycopene on its own was observed to have a measurable effect on serum cholesterol. After 4 weeks it reduced cholesterol by 0.7mmol/L. Mechanical mixing of lycopene with whey protein also substantially diminished this cholesterol-lowering effect. However, whey protein incorporated into lycopene particles, as described herein (WP-Lycosometra) displayed a profound and very rapid effect on both Chlamydia infection and cholesterol levels. Anti-Chlamydia IgG were cleared from all patients serum by the end of the 1st week of the trial. Cholesterol levels in patients treated with WP-Lycosomes displayed a significantly deeper reduction than that produced by lycopene on its own (by 2mmol/L).

These results show that, on top of "mild" anti-infective and cholesterol lowering properties of lycopene itself, there is a significant synergetic effect of the whey protein when it is incorporated into lycosomes.

By contrast, mechanical mixing of whey protein and lycopene was found to inactivate the latter without increasing the activity of the former.

These results show that incorporating whey protein into lycopene particles allows the anti-bacterial potential of the whey protein to be delivered to the liver. These cell culture tests show that whey protein has a direct anti-Chlamydia effect. This effect has not been shown for lycopene. The effects of the whey protein are concentration dependent. There is no increase in lycopene concentration in carotenoid particles relative to lycopene itself. This indicates that the effect is due to Whey protein.

Although lycopene has been shown to reduce the symptoms of infection in vivo, this effect may be linked to its anti-oxidative and/or anti-inflammatory properties, and is generally evident after about 4 weeks. By contrast, whey protein acts much faster, and symptoms of Chlamydia infection, such as specific IgGs, disappear from the blood within days.

https://www.google.com/patents/EP2670392A2?cl=en

However, in his new lycopene product he doesn't use whey but lecithin as a carrier of lycopene. And now he claims that it is a lycopene who is responsible for the eradication of Chlamydia.

On his old product (whey + lycopene) he also claimed to have 53% better absorption of lycopene, so perhaps the important factor was the higher serum level of lycopene and not the whey, as he first thought. However, the serum levels that he achieved are quite possible even without some specialized lycopene product, as far as I can see from the other research of lycopene bioavailability. Under condition that the person follow some basic rules, for both preparation of tomato juice and consumption.

But even with the 7mg of lycopene it was possible to kill Chlamydia after four weeks, so it looks like ordinary tomato juice could do the job. Looks like some experimentation is in front of me.

I recently received my stool analysis test results back from Genova. Overall, I was surprised that the results show no parasites nor yeast overgrowth, which was what I expected and secretly hoped for, because then I would have some direction to move forward with. I have attached a document which contains most of the test results, which are open for interpretation.

GI_effects_results.png

Overall, it looks like my protein and fat digestion are OK. However, I am still waiting for the results back on the pancreatic elastase function. The overwhelming majority of bacterial species in my gut are significantly elevated.

My concerns:
1. Slightly elevated Fecal secretory IgA - sugesting inflammation somewhere, not too much of a problem.
2. Elevated Beta Glucuronidase enzymes - enzymes which interfere with liver glucuronidation detoxification pathway for excreting estrogens and other toxins. It is produced in significant quantities by certain strains of bacteria in the gut. High levels of this enzyme suggest more stress on the liver, and probable estrogen dominance.
3. Elevated bacterial populations - I have read in several places that this result indicates SIBO.

I have been doing some research into what may be the possible causes for these results. Everything so far has pointed toward "Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth". With my symptoms (copious gas produced when certain carbohydrates are consumed, bloating, semi-poor fat digestion/absorption, occasional abdominal pain, burping etc), it seems likely that SIBO is present.

I wouldn't be surprised if the SIBO had been there for a long time, along with the higher estrogen and poor liver function. I have been doing a lot of research into estrogen recently and its effects on adrogens, progesterone and thyroid function. For about seven days now, I have been supplementing with 1 grain of natural dessicated thyroid, along with Pregenenelone w/DHEA. The pregnenelone taken in conjunction with low dose DHEA inhibits its conversion into DHEA, and promotes its conversion into progesterone. The aim is to counteract the anti-thyroid and pro-inflammatory/pro-stress effects of estrogen with the pregnenelone and thyroid. Its still early days on that front, so am still waiting to see any results.

Another method I am using to counter the effects of estrogen is by taking 300mg of aspirin per day, and around 2-3 mugs are strong black coffee. Aspirin is a powerful aromatase inhibitor (the enzyme needed for conversion of other hormones into estrogen), and caffeine seems to be as well. What is for sure is that caffeine strongly increases testosterone, which suggests it has anti-aromatase/anti-estrogenic influences.

A promising antibiotic used for treating SIBO is xifaxan. I have read research showing 1200mg/day for 10 days was successful in eradicating a majority of the bacterial presence.

So the plan is to continue with thyroid and pregnenelone topically, and nuke the nasties in my gut with the antibiotics, while eating a couple of raw, shredded carrots a day to speed up the transition time and carry out the dirt. Then possibly do a coffee/probiotic enema, and see how things turn out. I figure that if I can sort out my thyroid function, then low stomach acid should ideally not be a problem, and should not be able to facilitate SIBO once again.

I still haven't read the whole topic, but I'm jumping in because my friend was prescribed with Pyostacine (Pristinamycine) today for bartholin's cyst (which sometimes can come from staphylococcus lugdunensis) -- because iodine, vit C+D high dosage, magnesium, epsom salts, essential oils, hamamelis, honey, green clay, castor oil, homeopathy, and other natural remedies didn't work

(other things couldn't be tested because of the poor availability here : Schuessler tissue salts Silica spray, ichthammol, bromelaine, serrapeptidase, ayurveda: triphala churna, hareetaki churna, dashmula churna, etc).

I searched for it on the topic but found nothing about pristinamycine. Does someone know something about it, and are there special precautions to follow, or any helpful tips (aside probiotics, because it will be taken with probiotics) ? Thanks!

jsf said:
I still haven't read the whole topic, but I'm jumping in because my friend was prescribed with Pyostacine (Pristinamycine) today for bartholin's cyst (which sometimes can come from staphylococcus lugdunensis) -- because iodine, vit C+D high dosage, magnesium, epsom salts, essential oils, hamamelis, honey, green clay, castor oil, homeopathy, and other natural remedies didn't work

(other things couldn't be tested because of the poor availability here : Schuessler tissue salts Silica spray, ichthammol, bromelaine, serrapeptidase, ayurveda: triphala churna, hareetaki churna, dashmula churna, etc).

I searched for it on the topic but found nothing about pristinamycine. Does someone know something about it, and are there special precautions to follow, or any helpful tips (aside probiotics, because it will be taken with probiotics) ? Thanks!

It also goes by the name of pyostacine. It is available only in certain countries. I do not have experience with it, but wanted to mention that sometimes the only way to get rid of an infected cyst is to drain it, specially if it is mature so to speak.

Has anybody used these products?

The first thing is called ACS 200: https://www.resultsrna.com/advanced-cellular-silver-200-extra-strength/

This is basically a colloidal silver: 200 Parts Per Million (PPM) 99.99% pure silver colloid hydrosol.

And the second is called ACZ nano: https://www.resultsrna.com/acz-extra-strength/

And is a form of zeolite.

What is interesting about them is that they have some clinical studies that show that these two things are quite potent in killing the bacteria and heavy metal detox.

Suggesting a article on autoimmune disease

You’ve probably seen more than one list circulating online touting the many uses for baking soda. Is your fridge smelling bad? Did your drain get clogged? Do your shoes need freshening up? Baking soda has a lot of tricks up its sleeve, but one of the best ones doesn’t usually feature in lists of household tips.
New research published in the Journal of Immunology has found that baking soda, or sodium bicarbonate, can fight inflammation and autoimmune disease at the cellular level. It does this by turning your body into an anti-inflammatory environment. One way it accomplishes this is by influencing the cells in the spleen to stop the inappropriate immune response that is involved in autoimmune disease.
Autoimmune diseases occur when the immune system attacks a person’s body in error. Diseases that fall into this category include lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, and inflammatory bowel disease. Treating these conditions sometimes involves suppressing the immune system so much that infections and even cancer can set in. Thankfully, it now appears that baking soda be a safer way to protect against autoimmune disease and inflammation.
That’s because it stimulates the stomach to produce greater amounts of digestive acid while acting on the mesothelial cells to stop the false alarms that tend to trigger exaggerated immune responses. The researchers discovered that drinking water mixed with baking soda for two weeks caused macrophage immune cells in the spleen, kidneys and blood to shift from the variety that promotes inflammation (m1) to the type that reduces it (M2).

After noticing this effect in rats with kidney damage, they also discovered the same response in models of those without kidney damage: all had fewer inflammatory microphages in their spleen and kidneys. They then enlisted healthy medical students to drink baking soda in water; the daily dose was two grams of baking soda in 250 milliliters of bottled water. They found the same response, confirming their findings. In addition, they saw shifts in other types of immune cells, like the regulatory T cells that turn down immune response and prevent your immune system from attacking your tissues.
The corresponding author of the study, Augusta University Renal Physiologist Dr. Paul O’Connor, said that this could prove to be a very safe method for treating inflammatory disease.
Baking soda could enhance cancer treatment
Baking soda has also been getting attention lately for its potential to help immunotherapy drugs attack tumors that are difficult to treat. Researchers found that when mice drank water with baking soda in it, it created more favorable conditions within tumors for the therapy to do its work.
Benefits for chronic kidney disease
In addition, baking soda can help those with chronic kidney disease. A randomized and controlled two-year trial found that patients with metabolic acidosis and chronic kidney disease who took 1800 mg per day of baking soda supplements were significantly less likely to see their kidney disease progress rapidly than those who were given standard care. The patients who took the baking soda had only two thirds of the kidney function decline seen in those who didn’t, and fewer of the baking soda patients went on to develop end-stage renal disease that needed dialysis.
Baking soda has long been used to address a host of minor ailments, but now it appears that it could be every bit as useful in more serious illnesses as well. It’s important to proceed with caution if you’re trying to use it on your own, however, as taking too much could have unwanted effects. The amount used in the studies – two grams – is roughly equivalent to just under half a teaspoon.

Sources:-

Surprising new research concludes that baking soda can prevent autoimmune disease on a cellular level

Baking soda used to eliminate autoimmune disorders | NaturalHealth365

Drinking baking soda could be an inexpensive, safe way to combat autoimmune disease: study

Could baking soda improve cancer treatment?

Big warning about baking soda: if you have any kind of issues with swelling or water retention etc, you should definitely NOT take it!

If the kidneys and adrenal glands are clogged with parasites and stones, you could suffer from a sodium overload, because you need to be able to flush the salts out of your body.
This means that you have to have fully operating kidneys before dosing up on bicarb soda. In other words, like Laura said, you could end up with big problems, if fluid retention is happening.
Detox kidneys (and adrenals) until they are flushing properly, then the use of bicarb might be in order.

With the recent mentioning of salt, baking soda, and water retention, I think I want to review my salt intake. Because I've had for about 5 years now some pitting edema in my left shin area. And my hands and feet tend to get cold. I use the mineral rich Real Salt brand.

I put about 1/2 to 1 tsp of baking soda in my gallon of distilled water each day. And I drink that much in a day, a little less in the winter. I still take a maintenance dose of Iodine twice a day five times a week of 1 drop of 5% Lugol's. So I drink about 3/4 a tsp of salted water in the morning and at night. I put 1 tbsp of salt per pound of ground beef, which is my protein staple for the week. And then I put maybe 1/8 tsp into each quart of water glass bottle I drink. And I drink a cup of tea in the morning and one in the evening, sometimes more, with about 1/4 tsp of salt. Finally, I sprinkle salt on my food in general too.

So I'm thinking that's too much and kind of added up sneakily in the background. I've since last Thursday stopped putting baking soda in my distilled water. And it tastes worse than tap water! I don't put any salt in my tea or water for the day. So I just get it from the batch of beef I cook and then I put a little on my food. But maybe 1 tbsp per pound of meat is too much and I could halve that.

I saw a kidney cleanse on the forum with parsley so maybe I'll try that. I got bloodwork last summer in July, so I don't think this is really reliable a year later, but it's what I have to go with. It shound be comparable to now in terms of food and salt intake (although I've been having some more carbs than normal lately). It actually said my chloride was just under range and thus low. I had some normal quirks that were the same, but BUN and BUN/creatinine ratio were low. A/G ratio was high. I read some things online saying low protein diets may have lower BUN numbers. Well I guess I eat moderate protein. And that creatinine itself is a better indicator of disease, and mine was normal. But it also said that it's hard to tell anything just by bloodwork numbers.

So just wondering if my sodium intake seems high? I need to get bloodwork done anyways as I would like to get heavy metals and glyphosate checked. I haven't had a urinalysis in years so maybe that too. Thanks for reading.

Big warning about baking soda: if you have any kind of issues with swelling or water retention etc, you should definitely NOT take it!

I appologize for not knowing full view of salt in the form of baking soda. Hence the following may help on salt...

The Truth About Salt | Positively Ayurvedic

Is Salt Really So Bad?
Ayurveda teaches that salt is essential for growth, maintaining water electrolyte balance, and proper digestion, absorption and elimination of wastes. It creates flexibility in the joints, stimulates the appetite and helps digest natural toxins, clearing the subtle channels of the body. It has a calming effect on the nerves and emotions, replenishing and energizing the entire body. Salt balances Vata and can imbalance Pitta and Kapha when used excessively, causing premature wrinkles, thirst, skin problems and weakness.
Like the rest of my family, I have always tended to have low blood pressure. Sometimes, when I feel worn down I find that eating a little salt really gives me a pick-me-up, energizing me and giving me the fortitude to confront whatever task I am facing. As mentioned above, it builds electricity in the body and courage in the mind.
Mainstream media, however, warns us to reduce salt intake in order to protect our hearts. Much research has been conducted on the matter, and the results don’t always support conventional wisdom. In fact, a meta-analysis of over 6000 subjects published in 2011 in the American Journal of Hypertension found no strong evidence that lowering the intake of salt reduced the risk of heart attacks, stroke or death in folks with or without high blood pressure.1
In 2014, a review published in JAMA, the Journal of the American Medical Association, noted that the LESS sodium subjects excreted in their urine as a result of a salt-restrictive diet, THE GREATER THEIR RISK was of dying of heart disease. This was the opposite of what researchers expected to see I am sure. Other findings in the same report did indicate a very modest reduction in blood pressure in those consuming less salt, although the article mentioned that the results could be impacted by individual salt sensitivity.2 Ayurveda agrees with this statement 100%, which is why practitioners recommend Vatas consume more salt than other doshas and why people in general should consume more salt during Vata seasons!
The Intersalt Study, which measured salt intake in 52 centers internationally, found NO relationship between salt consumption and high blood pressure. In fact, the population that ate the most salt had lower average blood pressure than those who ate the least amount of salt.3 All told, there is little conclusive evidence to prove that excess salt consumption is bad for the heart. And that’s even considering the fact that the studies cited all used table salt, an inferior and often toxic salt from the Ayurvedic perspective.

LifeSpa’s Dr. John Doulliard notes that “UNREFINED mineral salts, such as Celtic Sea Salt, Utah’s Redmond Salt and Pink Himalayan Salt provide the body with 84 essential and trace minerals. REFINED white table salt is devoid of these essential minerals and provides only sodium to the body, which can disturb the body’s electrolyte balance.4 The Charaka Samhita, an ancient Ayurvedic text, listed eight different kinds of salt. Rock or Soma salts were the most revered and subsequently used in many medicinal Ayurvedic formulas.
Himalayan pink salt, one of my favorite rock salts, not only has 84 minerals, but the minerals exist in a colloidal form, making them tiny enough for our cells to absorb easily. Rock salt is also considered tridoshic because it is less heating than other variations. Reference its qualities below.
Qualities of Rock Salt (Saindhava Lavana)5:
Taste– Salty, slightly sweet taste,
Potency-Cold
Qualities – Light, Unctuous,
Effect on Tridosha – We have learned that salty taste usually increases Pitta, but Saindhava Lavana, being cold in potency helps to balance Pitta. Because of its Salty taste, it balances Vata. It helps to relieve chest congestion due to sputum accumulation because it also relieves Kapha. Hence it is one of the rare Ayurvedic substances that balances all three Doshas.
Table salt, on the other hand, does not contain as many natural minerals, which can imbalance your body’s mineral portfolio. In addition, it is often laced with unhealthy anti-caking agents and other substances, which could even include sugar as it is sometimes used to help stabilize the iodine.6What!?
Americans tend to eat a lot of processed foods. Processed foods are very high in refined table salt. This explains why many Americans suffer from electrolyte imbalances that can contribute to thyroid issues7 and numerous other symptoms. Ayurveda advocates clean, home cooking whenever possible to ensure good quality ingredients like unrefined salt that provides well-balanced minerals and electrolytes.
Electrolytes are minerals that can conduct electrical impulses in the body. Potassium, calcium, magnesium and sodium chloride (salt) are just a few. Electrolytes control the fluid balance of the body and are important in muscle contraction, energy generation, and almost every major biochemical reaction in the body.8
From an Ayurvedic perspective, what is the best way to consume salt?
Salty Tips
1) Avoid refined salt and processed foods laden with refined salt. When refined salts are ingested, sodium levels rise as potassium, magnesium and calcium fall. The excess sodium on the outside of the cell osmotically pulls fluid (water) along with potassium, calcium and magnesium out of the cell. This can cause a severe state of cellular dehydration that cannot be remedied by drinking water.4 Instead, use a form of rock salt like Pink Himalayan Salt, Celtic Sea Salt or even Indian Black Salt or Soma Salt with your water.9
2) Use salt in your diet; it is necessary. Just use it in moderation. A good rule of thumb is ¼ teaspoon for every 64 ounces of water you drink. Vatas may take in a little more, particularly during the Vata season. If you have concerns about blood pressure, purchase a blood pressure cuff and monitor your BP as you increase your salt consumption. Personally, I have always tended to eat a lot of salt, and I have never had an issue with blood pressure. In fact, in Ayurveda, we treat certain forms of hypertension with salt because salt can soften hardened arteries and other tissues in the body. Please consult a professional as you increase salt levels if you have hypertension.
3) If you need to reduce your salt intake, start first by decreasing your consumption of processed foods, junk foods and canned foods, all of which have very high levels of salt, particularly refined salt. Fresh food has about 10% of the salt of any of these options.
4) Have your zinc levels checked if you are always craving salt. A mineral supplement or an unrefined rock salt may actually help resume the balance without other supplements.
5) Find other sources for iodine if you have thyroid challenges. Rather than using refined table salt with iodine added, switch to seaweed or kelp and have your doctor monitor your iodine and T3 and T4 thyroid levels to ensure they are not too high10; you only need a small amount of iodine since it is a trace element. Foods like dried seaweed, fish, potato peel, milk, shrimp, turkey, navy beans, and eggs are also natural, more bioavailable sources of iodine.9
6) Salt, when taken properly, offers a lot of medicinal benefits. Try some of the following remedies:
  • Digestive Aid: Before a meal, have a little rock salt with a slice of ginger and a squeeze of lime to get the salivary and digestive juices flowing. Another option is to create a digestive lassi11, which includes a pinch of salt.
    • Lassi is
      Rock-Salt-300x267.jpg
      a drink made with watered down yogurt or buttermilk.
    • Salt Water Solé (pronounced as solay)12: cleanses the entire stomach and intestines, which encourages effective digestion and metabolism.
  • Use the “salt of the earth” to help ground you, but as with everything in Ayurveda, use moderation and trust you

Hey everyone, I've been reading through this thread for the past couple of days and although I'm trying to be diligent and read the entire thread before I post 86 pages will easily take me months to go through. I haven't found the answer using the 'search' function either :-(

I was wondering if I could just ask for a quick tip whether doing the antibiotic protocol is still an advisable thing to try?

According to the C's iodine kills pretty much everything and we both have been taking in since December 2015. This protocol was tried before the session of 21 November 2015 when iodine was discussed and I was wondering if iodine has taken over this protocol? The thing is, my own issues have improved massively, although they haven't gone away completely. My mom's health problems are different to mine and she cannot boast much improvement, her health continues to deteriorate.

During my recent holiday back home my mom asked me to "consult my wise books" to see if there's anything that would help her becuase at this point she often can't sleep at night. So here I am: consulting my wise books :-) I'd really be grateful for a tiny yes/no answer, I'll find the details myself if they're in this thread already. I'm sorry to be a pain! :-[

I'm sorry to be a pain! :-[

You are never a pain, Ant. ;-)

I was wondering if I could just ask for a quick tip whether doing the antibiotic protocol is still an advisable thing to try?

According to the C's iodine kills pretty much everything and we both have been taking in since December 2015. This protocol was tried before the session of 21 November 2015 when iodine was discussed and I was wondering if iodine has taken over this protocol?

Well, when it comes to the iodine, you might want to check this post of mine. It says that iodine in Lugol's form loses it's antibacterial potency in organic materials. It can still kill bacteria, but not as much as in inorganic environment. The same group released another scientific article this year about their promising novel iodine product, but as far as I know, you still cannot buy it. Hopefully they will release something soon.

So, I think that iodine still cannot replace antibiotic protocol. But maybe in the future.

My mom's health problems are different to mine and she cannot boast much improvement, her health continues to deteriorate.

During my recent holiday back home my mom asked me to "consult my wise books" to see if there's anything that would help her because at this point she often can't sleep at night. So here I am: consulting my wise books :-) I'd really be grateful for a tiny yes/no answer, I'll find the details myself if they're in this thread already.

I'm sorry that your mom still have health problems. I hope you find some solution in these "wise books".

hey ant22,

I'm also reading this thread since I'm trying to figure out if I can fix my heart issue(s), and maybe my memory since I had a certain episode that worries me in my early 20s. I'm on page 65 now and so far I don't think iodine can replace this protocol, as Persej mentioned. I'm not an expert in the health field at all but I wanted to mention that in case you haven't done it, it's best to do a heavy metal detox before you dive into this protocol. Not being able to sleep in also a symptom of heavy metals (lead/arsenic I think?). That being said heavy metals work well with critters so it's a matter of slowly removing each obstacle.

Again not even sure if I'm remembering this right and I hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom