New Forum layout April 2018

I tried to access member profile pages and it asked me to log in. The image you posted is for search results...

Oh, sorry for being confusing: I logged out and accessed it by hovering over the user name. It provided a summary of that user's activity (location, posts, likes). See screenshot. The number of posts is clickable and clicking on it took me to the screen called 'search results' I posted before. :-)

I just did a quick test and it does it for other members too. It was set differently on the previous forum version so I thought I'd mention it in case it is important.

I tried to access member profile pages and it asked me to log in. The image you posted is for search results...
You can adjust some things in your privacy settings of your profile under the point: "privacy" what can be seen by guests and members for example. Though maybe you still can be searched.

Thanks Gawan, I do have everything set to 'members'. There is an option in privacy settings called "allow users to view your details on your profile page" and that's set to members. I guess it only refers to the profile page only.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-05 at 22.13.17.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-05 at 22.13.17.png
    471.8 KB · Views: 17
I just did a quick test and it does it for other members too. It was set differently on the previous forum version so I thought I'd mention it in case it is important.

Well, that's fine. You can make it not show your age or location by not entering either of those in your profile (for age, it's 2 checkboxes). And number of posts and all that is pretty useless for identifying someone. Doesn't show e-mail addy or anything else like that, either.

And the posts it shows are only public ones if you click the post count, so that's okay.

Scottie, when you want to send a PM to a member do you go to "Start a conversation" ? Thank you.

Vulcan59,

I don't know if you were woking on the Cassiopaean Session Transcripts by date but they look really good now to me. I did a link check and only found 15 sessions that just go to the Forums tab instead of the sessions.

I included the current links to the ones that don't connect.

Here is what I found if you want to check the missing links (no pun intended).

1. 1996_02_24 Not Linked Session 24 February 1996
  2. 1996_03_23Not Linked Session 23 March 1996
  3. 1996_08_03Not linked Session 3 August 1996
  4. 1997_03_29 Not Linked Session 29 March 1997
  5. 1997_08_09 Not Linked Session 9 August 1997
  6. 1998_06_13 Not Linked Session 13 June 1998
  7. 1999_12_04 Not Linked Session 4 December 1999
  8. 2000_01_22 Not Linked Session 22 January 2000
  9. 2000_02_19 Not Linked Session 19 February 2000
  10. 2000_03_18 Not Linked Session 18 March 2000
  11. 2000_04_08 Not Linked Session 8 April 2000
  12. 2000_04_15 Not Linked Session 15 April 2000
  13. 2000_05_27 Not Linked Session 27 May 2000
  14. 2001_08_07 Not Linked Session 7 August 2001
  15. 2009_11_28 Not Linked Session 28 November 2009
Thanks goyacobol, still working out a better way. :-)

Excellent Scottie!!! There's no rush. It's looks great how it is now.

Now that I've been using this new platform I must say that I love it! I particularly like how the interface brought the live inside the forum to view. It's great to see all the activities because it gives a feeling of all that's happening around here all the time. Amazing! I don't know if it's just me but it gives a different feeling of aliveness and interpersonal communication.

So, thanks again for all the great work!!! :thup:

Yeah, same feeling here. I know this might sound new agey, but it´s as if the C's had put their fingers in this new interface with Scottie as their downloader :wow:

Btw, as I was checking the word "new agey" in the Urban dictionary, I had a good laugh with their definition: used to describe a new age type individual, i.e., someone who has a crystals collection, has many self-improvement books, believes in alternative medicine, practices yoga and meditation, eats organic, wears socks and sandals (oops, this one is still on our to do list:lol:), and/or believes in auras and energy fields. Dam, what a coincidence!

Btw, as I was checking the word "new agey" in the Urban dictionary, I had a good laugh with their definition: used to describe a new age type individual, i.e., someone who has a crystals collection, has many self-improvement books, believes in alternative medicine, practices yoga and meditation, eats organic, wears socks and sandals (oops, this one is still on our to do list:lol:), and/or believes in auras and energy fields. Dam, what a coincidence!

Hey, that's me!

Well, that's fine. You can make it not show your age or location by not entering either of those in your profile (for age, it's 2 checkboxes). And number of posts and all that is pretty useless for identifying someone. Doesn't show e-mail addy or anything else like that, either.

And the posts it shows are only public ones if you click the post count, so that's okay.

Yeah, no problem at all. It's just different from the previous forum settings so I thought I'd mention it. A couple of pages back I also noticed a setting that was different to the previous forum version and that one turned out not to be intentional so I thought I'd let you know about this one too. :-)

Merci REDFOX pour la réponse...
Je me connecte avec Google chrome qui lui avait un traducteur de page dont je me servais dans le précédent forum...
Dans le nouveau, il traduit bien en Anglais comme avant mais la traduction anglaise disparaît et le texte réapparaît en Français...
Donc j'utilise DEEPL pour traduire ce que je veux dire et me donne la traduction en Anglais que je vous mets en COPIER/COLLER... Beaucoup de manipulations...

Thanks REDFOX for the answer...
I connect with Google chrome which had a page translator that I used in the previous forum...
In the new one, he translates well in English as before but the English translation disappears and the text reappears in French...
So I use DEEPL to translate what I want to say and give me the English translation that I put in COPY/COLLER... Many manipulations...

Hi team,

Sorry if this has been asked already (I have searched) and I hope its not a dumb question but I'm buggered if I can find where Drafts save to now?

After fumbling through the other night it appeared that the method was to return to the original Thread and the draft remained populated at the bottom of the page?

That doesn't seem to be the case anymore?:-(

New forum looks good though I must say (although I hate change;-)) but the Multi-Quote feature has beaten me.

Any assistance much appreciated.

Thanks

J

At the bottom of the page where you write your post, there is a panel and the one that looks like a mini disk is the one to select for the draft. (the one before the last one)

1523008448820.png

You can save or delete your drafts.

However I still have not find where they are stored when you save one. :huh:

Back
Top Bottom