The Ice Age Cometh! Forget Global Warming!

In Montreal we have had fierce cold for the past four days, between -18 and -30 Celsius considering the wind chill factor. It is looking like we will have the same for another week or so!

At present, in the heart of the city it reads -18 which will go down to -24 tonite... It's really cold here. There are warnings issued for frost bite and also problems of electricity consumption. The 10 day ahead projections do not seem to be any warmer.

romochar said:
In Montreal we have had fierce cold for the past four days, between -18 and -30 Celsius considering the wind chill factor. It is looking like we will have the same for another week or so!

At present, in the heart of the city it reads -18 which will go down to -24 tonite... It's really cold here. There are warnings issued for frost bite and also problems of electricity consumption. The 10 day ahead projections do not seem to be any warmer.

The Canadian side of Niagara Falls is an icy, winter wonderland!

Icy Delight: Partly Frozen Niagara Falls Has Fans Gasping (PHOTOS, VIDEO)
https://sputniknews.com/viral/201712301060423469-partly-frozen-niagara-falls-leaves-fans-gasping/

Meteorologists weren't kidding around when they said it was going to be a cold holiday weekend.

The beyond-chilly weather has already triggered a slew of headaches for Americans in the Midwest and East Coast dealing with weather-related car accidents and deaths.

According to AP, in central Michigan more than 30 collisions involving roughly 40 vehicles took place Friday. And while residents in South Carolina were forced to stay put after freezing rain shut down bridges from Charleston to Myrtle Beach, people in Cincinnati went car-less after their attempts to warm up their cars ended in theft.

"And it's just the beginning," Diann Wears of Toledo, Ohio, told the outlet. "I'm sure it will get worse."

Worse, indeed. But it's not only the US that's dealing with the frigid temperatures, folks. Canada, the Land of the Free's northern neighbor, has been also been dealing with record lows as cold air continues to hover across the Ontario province.

"This will end up being the coldest December since 2000 for southern and eastern Ontario, and southern Quebec," Anthony Farnell, Global News chief meteorologist, told viewers Thursday. "With temperatures expected to remain very cold through early next week, we could be in the middle of the coldest week [since 1979]."

It's not all bad news, though. The cold front is also offering a picturesque twist on the amazing Niagara Falls.

​Over yonder in Toronto, Canada, a temperature of —22 degrees celsius broke a 57-year-old record and in Kingston a frigid —26 degrees broke a 114-year-old record, Global News reported.

I posted this pre-maturely. I was interested in the number of replies per year to this thread so did a quick calculation - the reason being is I'm curious as to whether this is correlated to forum membership number increases or decreases, other outside influences like media hype for big events, or no hype when events don't take place in anywhere determined significant by media, or a representation of real world conditions. I think 2012 had a lot of interest for obvious reasons, and more recently with C references.

The reports posted from around the world, while interesting and locally important I don't think are scientific enough in corroborating actual changes in the atmosphere globally - my gut feel is that although this topic is huge there are people who are getting tired or out of patience and no longer caring. The advert of 'soon' for an ice age to happen is synonymous to the pubs that advertise 'Free beer, tomorrow' - it might occur soon in cosmic terms, but human life terms? Anyway, for interest and perhaps other more senior folk can provide some additional comments, the years and number of posts for each of them are listed below:

2006 9
2007 40
2008 25
2009 2
2010 2
2011 0
2012 342
2013 128
2014 28
2015 86
2016 226
2017 198

MikeJoseph82 said:
I posted this pre-maturely. I was interested in the number of replies per year to this thread so did a quick calculation - the reason being is I'm curious as to whether this is correlated to forum membership number increases or decreases, other outside influences like media hype for big events, or no hype when events don't take place in anywhere determined significant by media, or a representation of real world conditions. I think 2012 had a lot of interest for obvious reasons, and more recently with C references.

The reports posted from around the world, while interesting and locally important I don't think are scientific enough in corroborating actual changes in the atmosphere globally - my gut feel is that although this topic is huge there are people who are getting tired or out of patience and no longer caring. The advert of 'soon' for an ice age to happen is synonymous to the pubs that advertise 'Free beer, tomorrow' - it might occur soon in cosmic terms, but human life terms? Anyway, for interest and perhaps other more senior folk can provide some additional comments, the years and number of posts for each of them are listed below:

Why would you take a pie - (Earth Changes) - that at the present moment contains 696 topics (slices) - purposely isolate one small fragment (sampling) - and try to build a case (minus 695 corresponding elements) - to support a personal opinion? How scientific is that gut feeling?

Tunnel vision, perhaps?

MikeJoseph82 said:

2006 9
2007 40
2008 25
2009 2
2010 2
2011 0
2012 342
2013 128
2014 28
2015 86
2016 226
2017 198

The thread was never meant to be a scientific compilation but rather a casual repository for interesting situations and reports.

As for people getting tired of things, I can certainly attest to that myself. What I can also see is that this tiredness relates to the apparent "slowness" of movement of things; but, on the other hand, when I think back to say, 1997, I can see how truly dramatic the changes have been. That's one reason I started the "Hyperdimensional Politics" thread: we have to deal with scale and something like the "boiling frog" scenario. Of course, we also know about phase transitions and that when things build up incrementally over time, there can be sudden tipping points where everything goes really bad seemingly all of a sudden.

But yeah, more than anything, I think that emotional exhaustion from being on the roller coaster is taking its toll and, as the Bible said, "those who endure to the end will be saved..." It's not time to give up yet!!!

Laura said:
The thread was never meant to be a scientific compilation but rather a casual repository for interesting situations and reports.

As for people getting tired of things, I can certainly attest to that myself. What I can also see is that this tiredness relates to the apparent "slowness" of movement of things; but, on the other hand, when I think back to say, 1997, I can see how truly dramatic the changes have been. That's one reason I started the "Hyperdimensional Politics" thread: we have to deal with scale and something like the "boiling frog" scenario. Of course, we also know about phase transitions and that when things build up incrementally over time, there can be sudden tipping points where everything goes really bad seemingly all of a sudden.

But yeah, more than anything, I think that emotional exhaustion from being on the roller coaster is taking its toll and, as the Bible said, "those who endure to the end will be saved..." It's not time to give up yet!!!

Thanks Laura for your reply. I understand it wasn't meant to be scientific, but I just felt some replies were interpreting it differently and adding real data which wasn't actually going anywhere.

The boiling frog analogy is spot on, I should have referenced that. I became interested in this thread more so after reading 'Comets and the Horns of Moses'......the woolly mammoth story I still quote to friends.

And I'm not giving up either....I think it'd be very easy to at the moment. I have had some doubts in the past but I still think things are going to get interesting sooner than later.

The (ugh) Daily Mail ran this today: _http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5227073/Could-face-mini-ice-age-30-years.html

Although people generally (from the comments) still think that global warming and the onset of an ice age are mutually exclusive. Still, progress eh?

A record-shattering Arctic freeze kept its grip on much of the United States east of the Rocky Mountains but temperatures everywhere except the Northeast were expected to warm within 24 hours.

Deep Freeze Keeps Grip on Eastern United States; Four Die January, 02, 2018
https://www.tasnimnews.com/en/news/2018/01/02/1618157/deep-freeze-keeps-grip-on-eastern-united-states-four-die

Many school districts shut their classrooms due to the cold snap Monday, which claimed four lives over the long New Year's weekend.

The National Weather Service issued wind chill warnings for Tuesday as dangerously low temperatures were due from eastern Montana across the Midwest into the Atlantic coast and the Northeast and down through the Deep South, Reuters reported.

School districts in Iowa, Massachusetts, Indiana, Ohio and North Carolina canceled or delayed the start of classes as bitterly cold temperatures, 20 degrees to 30 degrees Fahrenheit (11 to 17 degrees Celsius) below normal, were expected across the eastern half of the United States.

"Just the bitter cold which is just too dangerous to put kids out on the street waiting for a bus that may not come," Herb Levine, superintendent of the Peabody Public Schools, north of Boston, told a local CBS affiliate television station.

The cold was blamed for the deaths of two men in separate incidents in Milwaukee, according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. A homeless man was found dead on a porch in Charleston, West Virginia, while another man was found dead outside a church in Detroit and police said he may have froze to death, local news outlets reported.

Washington Mayor Muriel Bowser urged residents to call the city if they saw people outside. "We want every resident to have shelter and warmth," she said in a tweet.

Many places across the United States experienced record low temperatures over the last few days. Omaha, Nebraska, posted a low of minus 20F (minus 29C), breaking a 130-year-old record, and Aberdeen, South Dakota, shattered a record set in 1919 with a temperature of minus 32F (minus 36C).

The cold should ease across most of the country after Tuesday, but the northeastern section of the country will see a repeat of the frigid weather on Thursday or Friday as another arctic blast hits the area.

Private AccuWeather forecaster said the cold snap could combine with a storm brewing off the Bahamas to bring snow and high winds to much of the Eastern Seaboard as it heads north on Wednesday and Thursday.

Member of the Russian Academy of Science, Evgeny Matishov, said recently to the federal news, that South of Russia is entering a 10 year "cold cycle". Winters will be harsher and temperatures are lower.

It isn't the first time when he refused to accept the GW nonsense. According to Matishov, GW fraud was created by Al Gor, and is being artificially promoted. He says that this fraud will continue as long as there is money in it.

Interestingly enough, he claims that contrary to the West there has been a discontinuation of the funding in Russia toward promotion of the GW fraud, but the Russian federal TV continues to repeat the usual mantra. Matishov claims that Putin is aware of the real state of affairs, and it fits with Putin's recent statement regarding the climate change (notice that the video from the link has been removed from Youtube).

According to Matishov, it's all a matter of cycles. There are larger, thousand years long cycles, and there are much smaller, 60 years long cycles.

voyageur said:
----------------

Semi-interrupting this thread's message, here is brief way to deal with ice on your vehicle, especially if you have always been an ice-scrapper. If living in these cold conditions, have a look and see if this could work for you - you can keep it in your car at the ready just in case, and it might save some aches and pains.

Thanks for the video. I will definitively try that since here we have a lot of days like that.
Frozen-frozen-freeze-winter-smiley-emoticon-000590-large.gif

‘Bomb cyclone’ hits US East Coast energy, power supply Thursday 4 January 2018
http://www.arabnews.com/node/1219056/world

An intense winter storm froze pipes and disrupted services at refineries on the US Atlantic coast on Thursday, sending fuel prices higher as heavy snowfall and high winds caused electricity outages for tens of thousands of Americans.

Some 65,000 homes and businesses along the US East Coast are without power, and that number is expected to swell on Thursday as the storm punishes the densely populated US Northeast.

The storm is the product of a rapid and rare sharp drop in barometric pressure known as bombogenesis, or bomb cyclone. Heavy snow pounded the East Coast along a front stretching from Maine as far south as North Carolina early on Thursday, taking out power lines, icing over roadways and closing hundreds of schools.

Prices for heating oil and natural gas in the US Northeast hit their highest levels in years on the back of near-record heating demand. Benchmark US heating oil futures are near their highest in almost three years.

US natural gas demand was expected to remain near record highs this week. Natural gas is the major fuel for residential and commercial heating in the US Northeast and is also widely used by power plants.

Southeast Massachusetts - A rapidly evolving storm that hit this morning is expected to bring fierce winds, battering waves and snowfall at a rate of 2 to 3 inches an hour. Many schools and government offices are closed and Gov. Charlie Baker is urging residents to stay off the roads.

Storm flooding traps people in homes, cars across South Shore Thursday Jan. 4, 2018
http://www.patriotledger.com/news/20180104/storm-flooding-traps-people-in-homes-cars-across-south-shore

Rescue crews across the South Shore are racing to rescue people stranded in cars and homes by flood waters that meteorologists say could be pushed to record levels by today’s brutal winter storm.

Water rescues and evacuations were reported in Quincy, Weymouth, Scituate and Marshfield as storm surges coastal and even some in-land roads across the South Shore.

Baker issued stern warnings for residents in a pair of press conferences Wednesday afternoon and Thursday morning, saying that Southeast Massachusetts in particular could see power knocked out to homes and flooding in coastal areas. He said problems caused by the storm could become worse Friday as temperatures plunge into the teens.

A fierce and fast-moving Nor’easter is blasting Massachusetts. Heavy snow and strong winds are expected until Thursday evening, followed by dangerously cold weather.

Eastern Mass. takes brunt of powerful snowstorm, brutal cold ahead Jan 4, 2018
http://www.patriotledger.com/news/20180102/eastern-mass-takes-brunt-of-powerful-snowstorm-brutal-cold-ahead

The National Weather Service has issued a blizzard warning for southeastern and northeastern Massachusetts and a winter storm warning for the rest of the state from early Thursday morning through early Friday morning.

A flood warning has been posted for the coast until 4 p.m., a wind chill watch for all of the state until 2 p.m. Saturday and a high wind warning for Cape Cod and the islands. Moderate to major flooding is expected from Hull to Dennis. Some low spots could be inundated up to 6 feet. Some neighborhoods on the South Shore may be cut off for several hours Thursday afternoon. Moderate to severe erosion, with the greatest risk on outer Cape Cod and Nantucket.

The blizzard warning applies to Plymouth, Barnstable, Dukes and Suffolk counties and eastern Norfolk, southern Bristol and eastern Essex counties. It will be in effect until 7 p.m.

Hundreds of schools across the state are closed and police warn against unnecessary travel. Hundreds of flights have been cancelled at Logan International Airport. Traffic is light as drivers appear to have heeded warnings about dangerous conditions.

At 8:05 a.m. the National Weather Service in Tallahassee declared: “Snow has reached Tallahassee."

It’s snowing in Florida’s capital for the first time since 1989 Wed. Jan. 3, 2018 (Video)
http://www.tampabay.com/florida-politics/buzz/2018/01/03/its-snowing-in-floridas-capital-for-the-first-time-since-1989/
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/weather/article192704144.html/video-embed

Florida's capital woke up to snow and sleet on Wednesday, the first significant accumulation of frozen precipitation since 1989.

At 8:05 a.m. the National Weather Service in Tallahassee declared: "Snow has reached Tallahassee. Precip will end quickly from the west over the next 30-60 minutes."

Sure enough, after about 10 minutes of puffy flakes, the sleet and flurries melted quickly as Tallahassee's morning traffic was significantly lighter due to weather warnings and school closings. Streets remained icy as police and transportation officials closed roads and urged caution.

The forecast of a winter storm prompted officials to close schools, including Florida State University and Florida A&M University.

The last time a wintery blast hit Tallahassee with any measurable snowfall was Dec. 22-23, 1989, when an inch fell.

This time, the snow accumulation was more significant further north in Georgia where homeowners reported a half-inch of snow in Valdosta.

Temperatures in the 40-degree range greeted South Floridians Thursday morning — courtesy of the Arctic air mass that has left many parts of the U.S. in deep freeze.

Freeze warning and frost advisories issued for South Florida Jan. 4, 2018
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/weather/fl-reg-cold-weather-2018-story.html

At 5 a.m., it was 43 in Fort Lauderdale, 40 in Boynton Beach, 48 in Miami and 60 in Key West, according to the weather service. In Tallahassee, where snow fell Wednesday, the early Thursday temperature was 30.

In some places, like Fort Lauderdale, the temperature had dropped a couple of degrees by 8:30 a.m.

PARIS: A 93-year-old woman died in southeastern France when her house was flooded by a river after a violent storm battered western Europe, the French interior ministry said Thursday.

Flooding kills woman, as Eleanor batters Europe with fires and avalanche alerts Thursday 4 January 2018
http://www.arabnews.com/node/1219076/world

Heavy rainfall in recent days has led to flooding in many parts of France and Germany. More rain is forecast for Friday in both countries.

In France, the woman’s death in the Isere department was the second blamed on the storm after a skier was killed in the Alps by a fallen tree.

The French interior ministry said a firefighter went missing in the mountainous region of Savoie while rescuing a couple standing atop a car stuck in a river.

The winter storm battered Europe on Wednesday with winds reaching speeds over 90 mph (144 kph), leaving thousands of households without power and several people injured.

Meanwhile, the French Alps were on maximum avalanche alert Thursday as Storm Eleanor swept through Europe, killing at least four people and fanning rare winter wildfires in Corsica.

With the mountains packed with skiiers for the school holidays, major resort Val d’Isere closed its runs for the day because of heavy snowfall, while Chamonix said it was shutting many of its lifts as a precautionary measure. “The objective is to keep everyone safe,” said David Ponson, ski chief in the Alpine Savoie region, as many pistes were shut for a second day.

At the other extreme, nearly 400 firefighters on the French Mediterranean island of Corsica were battling blazes fanned by Eleanor’s strong gusts of wind, with three people injured in a fire overnight.

Three hundred goats were killed in the blaze at Chiatra-Canale di Verde near the island’s east coast and 10 homes burnt — five of them completely destroyed, local authorities said. The prefecture added that the intensity of the blazes was “exceptional in the middle of winter.” Troops from the local air base have been deployed to help fight the flames.

Eleanor, the fourth winter storm to hit Europe since December, swept into the continent on Wednesday after battering Britain and Ireland. It has left at least four people dead, including a 21-year-old skiier hit by a falling tree in France and a couple in their 60s swept away on Spain’s northern Basque coast by a huge wave.

On Thursday, firefighters said a woman in her 90s died of a heart attack in Crets-en-Belledonne in the French Alps after floods sent a torrent of mud and water into her home. And a volunteer rescuer was reported missing after rushing to help when a car plunged into an overflowing river in the Alpine village of Le Moutaret.

At Lenk in central Switzerland, eight people were hurt when a violent gust of wind overturned a railway carriage.

In the Netherlands, Eleanor has dealt about 10 million euros ($12 million) of damage to buildings and cars, the Dutch insurers’ union estimated, cited by public television.

The whole of Spain’s northern coast remained on “orange” alert — the second highest on a four-point scale — because of the risk from strong winds and large waves. More than 40 towns in southwestern Spain have meanwhile brought forward their annual Epiphany feast parades — celebrating the coming of the three wise men with gifts for Jesus — to Thursday because of heavy rain forecast Friday.

In western Germany, the Mosel river was closed to all shipping, with water levels 4 meters (13 feet) higher than usual. The Neckar river in the southwest was closed between the cities of Mannheim and Heilbronn.

Along the lower reaches of the Rhine, water levels were predicted to rise until the weekend, the German news agency dpa reported. Ships along the busy waterway near Cologne were ordered to reduce their speed and remain in constant radio contact with authorities.

The worst of the storm appeared to have passed by Thursday, though much of eastern France was still on “orange” alert for heavy winds, floods and avalanches. “The intensity of the rain and melting snow bring a risk of floods via overflowing streams and mudslides,” warned forecaster Cecile Coleou.
About 29,000 French homes remained without power, a third of them in Corsica.

Germany lowered its alert for violent winds Wednesday evening, but high tides were worrying several states, including in the Moselle Valley where heavy downpours have halted boat traffic.

The Rhine river was set to surge to seven meters (23 feet) on Thursday and was still rising, the Bild newspaper reported. River traffic will be suspended if it hits 8.3 meters.

The storm had snarled air traffic on Wednesday, briefly shutting the Strasbourg and Basel-Mulhouse airports and delaying departures from Paris, Frankfurt and Amsterdam.

It also played havoc with road and rail transport, leaving branches, electrical lines and other debris strewn across tracks and highways.

Surging floodwaters in Boston that were spurred by yesterday's powerful winter storm can now be associated with a record high tide, according to the National Weather Service.

It's officially a record: Storm tops Blizzard of '78 for high tide Friday, January 05, 2018
http://www.bostonherald.com/news/local_coverage/2018/01/its_officially_a_record_storm_tops_blizzard_of_78_for_high_tide

Boston recorded a high tide of 15.16 feet (4.88 feet above the astronomical tide), breaking the previous record of 15.1 feet that was recorded during the Blizzard of 1978.

Yesterday's high tide was the result of a chance encounter between a low-pressure system and the moon cycle timed just right, said Hayden Frank, a meteorologist at the National Weather Service in Taunton.

"We had a very high astronomical tide, which was 12.1 feet," Frank said. "That's controlled by the moon cycle. That's something you can calculate years in advance.

"On top of that, we had a major storm," Frank explained. "So we had an extremely intense low-pressure system passing east of here. When you have low pressure intensifying, that results in a storm surge. In this case, the strongest winds coincided exactly with the very high astronomical tide. Usually, they're off by a few hours, so that doesn't happen. That broke the record."

However, Frank cautioned that there isn't much of a comparison to be made to the Blizzard of 1978. "The flooding obviously doesn't compare to 1978," he said.

NWS Boston
✔ @NWSBoston

[OFFICIAL] Boston has broken the highest ever recorded tide since 1921. New Record: 4.88' MHHW (or 15.16' MLLW) on January 4th, 2018. Old Record: 4.82' MHHW (or 15.10' MLLW) during the Blizzard of '78. https://twitter.com/NWSBoston/status/948974832577925121 … 11:16 AM - Jan 5, 2018

New calls for Boston Harbor sea wall after storm surge wreaks havoc
http://www.bostonherald.com/news/local_coverage/2018/01/new_calls_for_boston_harbor_sea_wall_after_storm_surge_wreaks_havoc?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Boston suffered historic flooding because 'bomb cyclone' hit at a high tide that was exacerbated by a supermoon (Photos - Videos)
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5239217/Supermoon-partially-blame-historic-Boston-flooding.html

Frigid Chicago Cold Streak Could Tie Record Set in 1936, 1895
https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/frigid-chicago-cold-streak-tie-record-468145703.html

Friday marked Day 11 of daytime high temperatures below 20 degrees, a cold streak expected to continue into Saturday. If it reaches the 12th day, the city will tie previous records set in 1895 and 1936.

Frozen iguanas falling from trees during cold snap in Florida
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/florida-frozen-iguanas-falling-from-trees-during-cold-snap-bomb-cyclone-storm-east-coast/

As each day passes the evidence climbs, as predicted by scientists (not politicians and Popes), that a steep drop of temperatures would ensue—first dropping temperatures to where they were in the very cold late 1800s and then going down from there to ice age conditions that will threaten a great part of the northern latitudes over the next 10 years.

Begging for Global Warming as Global Cooling Becomes Obvious January 4, 2018
_http://drsircus.com/spiritual-psychology/begging-global-warming-global-cooling-becomes-obvious/

We are not ready for any of this mentally or in any other way thanks to people like former president Obama, the Pope, and let’s never forget Al Gore. Some of the most unscrupulous people have been championing the cause of manmade global warming even though the science and actual conditions on the ground have been showing for ten years that there is no such thing as manmade warming.

It has been a big snow job, pure propaganda and now the gig is up as it starts snowing in Florida of all places. Now we have temperatures crashing, almost the entire continental United States frozen over, snow accumulating in record amounts and ice forming in the great lakes at breathtaking speed. It is not just record breaking cold but record breaking snow fall that is showing us just how difficult global cooling will be compared to global warming.

Winter is here but it’s not a regular winter as just about every American can feel if they step outside. Boston tied a 100-year-old record on Tuesday when it marked seven consecutive days of temperatures that did not top 20 degrees Fahrenheit (-6.7 degrees Celsius). New York’s airports have registered new lows and Chicago has enjoyed its coldest New Year’s Day ever.

In Nebraska, temperatures hit 15 below zero (-26 Celsius) before midnight Sunday in Omaha, breaking a record low dating to 1884, which is 134 years ago. The temperature in Indianapolis dropped to -12°F (-24C) on the 2nd, tying the previous record for the date set in 1887.

Forecasters warned people to be wary of hypothermia and frostbite from the arctic blast that’s gripping a large swath from the Midwest to the Northeast, where the temperature, without the wind chill factored in, dipped to minus 32 (minus 35 Celsius) Thursday morning in Watertown, New York.
Temperatures rose to minus 7 (minus 22 Celsius) early Friday morning before the really cold air moved in for New Years. Officials are urging people to assist the homeless and elderly.

On the second of January the National Weather Service issued winter storm watches and warnings all the way from northern Florida to northern Maine, a distance of about 1,500 miles. By Friday morning, the fifth of January, wind chills could drop as low as minus 30F (-34.4C) from the Midwest to the Northeast. “This is about as intense cold as I can remember,” said Judah Cohen, director of seasonal forecasting for Atmospheric and Environmental Research.

Chuck Burton/AP Water squirts from a frozen fountain near downtown in Charlotte, N.C., on Jan. 2, 2018. More than five feet of snow has pummeled Erie, Pa. last week, shattering at least seven city and state records. Record cold across Michigan, New York, Kentucky, Ohio, Massachusetts, Maine, Maryland, Minnesota and Nebraska at the end of last year smashing 100-year-old records all across the country.

One wonders if Obama has one honest bone in his body. Let us see if he ever comes up with some truth about what is affecting hundreds of millions of Americans as the cold comes to stay.

Back on December 17, the Great Lakes had a total of 5.7 percent ice coverage. That may not sound like much, but on December 17, 2016, only 3.8 percent of the Great Lakes were ice-covered, and in 2015 on that date, no ice had been reported. Now fast forward to December 31. According to uppermichiganssource.com, ice covered close to 10 percent of Lake Superior yesterday. Typically, in late December. Lake Superior has about five percent of total ice cover.

The decline in the energy output of the sun is extremely rapid at this point. Satellite and NASA datasets show that rapid cooling is underway. The cooling we are seeing in the troposphere really is spectacular. What we are experiencing is the second largest cooling in 37+ years of satellite records.

This is not new news. We have had plenty of warnings through the last 10 years, which politicians have deliberately ignored. Scientists warn that the Earth is just 15 years away from experiencing a “mini ice age” — something that has not happened in 300 years. Solar scientists say that the latest model shows the Sun’s magnetic waves will become offset in Cycle 25, which peaks in 2022. Then, in Cycle 26, solar activity will fall by 60 per cent.

It is certainly looking rather serious for the planet at present. But then, we've been issuing warnings for a number of years now!

Keit said:
Member of the Russian Academy of Science, Evgeny Matishov, said recently to the federal news, that South of Russia is entering a 10 year "cold cycle". Winters will be harsher and temperatures are lower.

It isn't the first time when he refused to accept the GW nonsense. According to Matishov, GW fraud was created by Al Gor, and is being artificially promoted. He says that this fraud will continue as long as there is money in it.

Interestingly enough, he claims that contrary to the West there has been a discontinuation of the funding in Russia toward promotion of the GW fraud, but the Russian federal TV continues to repeat the usual mantra. Matishov claims that Putin is aware of the real state of affairs, and it fits with Putin's recent statement regarding the climate change (notice that the video from the link has been removed from Youtube).

According to Matishov, it's all a matter of cycles. There are larger, thousand years long cycles, and there are much smaller, 60 years long cycles.

There is also Valentina Zharkova of Northumbria University who suggests "that in the next few years Earth will enter into a cooling phase that will set off a series of events leading to a mini ice age". And David Dilley, CEO at Global Weather Oscillations that we are entering a cooling period pretty soon too. And as Laura stated the signs have been long there. For example like what happened at the maunder minimum that before a cooling period sets in a warming period is a precursor as we had till 1998 as I remember. Let alone the inactivity of the sun and what the comet dust is doing in our atmosphere. Slowly but steadily we enter a new (mini) ice age.

Al Gore has chimed in about the bitter cold strangling the East Coast this year. **(Double Speak alert)**

Al Gore: ‘Bitter cold’ is ‘exactly what we should expect from the climate crisis’

http://www.climatedepot.com/2018/01/04/al-gore-bitter-cold-is-exactly-what-we-should-expect-from-the-climate-crisis/

By: Marc Morano - Climate DepotJanuary 4, 2018 10:07 PM

Former Vice President Al Gore has weighed in on the record cold and snow in the U.S. “It’s bitter cold in parts of the US, but climate scientist Dr. Michael Mann explains that’s exactly what we should expect from the climate crisis,” Gore wrote on January 4 on Twitter.

Gore linked to one of his organizations’ articles on the brutal winter weather written by Climategate professor Michael Mann: The Climate Reality Project: A ‘PERFECT STORM’: EXTREME WINTER WEATHER, BITTER COLD, AND CLIMATE CHANGE
In the Gore touted article, Mann linked the cold and “lots of snow” to “climate change.”

(See link for Twitter post)

Gore’s Oscar-winning documentary An Inconvenient Truth did not warn of record cold and increasing snowfalls as a consequence of man-made global warming. And as recently as 2009, Gore was hyping the lack of snow as evidence for man-made global warming. Source: “Gore Reports Snow and Ice Across the World Vanishing Quickly.”

Back
Top Bottom