Iodine and Potassium Iodide

sitting said:
Mac said:
I have noticed several references to MCT oil and think I might try it. Is there a specific brand name that it would be best to look for.?

Hi Mac,

I find the ones from Trader Joe's to be excellent. Both in quality & price. The product is cold-pressed and unrefined. About $6 for a 16 fl oz jar. And because it is priced so low, some stores have a two jar purchase limit.

I use this stuff everyday, convinced of its memory enhancing quality. (See Dr. Mary Newport.) I also have lots of rosemary in my study for the same purpose.

FWIW.

Thanks, Sitting: I'll look for the next time I am at Trader Joe's.

Mac

Report on plantar warts healing:
1% Lugol's used once daily, applied topically on warts (few drops, using cotton buds). Both warts treated previously with cryotherapy and chloroacetic acid, as well as new one - not treated traditionally before - almost completely diappeared. It is 2-3 weeks of therapy, so skin cells didn't have time to get fully replaced yet, but it was obvious from day two, that it works. The doctor said one of it was almost the biggest wart she has ever seen and i wanted to remove it surgically after months of painful and not working treatment (they were growing). I also use Lugol's internally, obviously, so the efect may be enhanced. But the dose i use is rather small, currently 10 drops (about 12,6 mg I). Thank Gods...

Other most positive thing that happened to me with internal Lugol's use was slowing down heart rate, i don't need to supplement potassium anymore and was using quite a lot. Much more mental clarity and much more energy. Mental detox also happened.

Is there reliable method of testing which supplements to use without help of other person, like self - muscle testing? Is muscle testing reliable at all? Or do we just have to go carefully with experimenting, incerasing knowledge (and possibly dosage) and observing bodily (and mental) reactions? I suppose it's the latter. Thank you all for your research and support.

osher said:
Report on plantar warts healing:
1% Lugol's used once daily, applied topically on warts (few drops, using cotton buds). Both warts treated previously with cryotherapy and chloroacetic acid, as well as new one - not treated traditionally before - almost completely diappeared. It is 2-3 weeks of therapy, so skin cells didn't have time to get fully replaced yet, but it was obvious from day two, that it works. The doctor said one of it was almost the biggest wart she has ever seen and i wanted to remove it surgically after months of painful and not working treatment (they were growing). I also use Lugol's internally, obviously, so the efect may be enhanced.

That's amazing! :)

Is there reliable method of testing which supplements to use without help of other person, like self - muscle testing? Is muscle testing reliable at all? Or do we just have to go carefully with experimenting, incerasing knowledge (and possibly dosage) and observing bodily (and mental) reactions? I suppose it's the latter. Thank you all for your research and support.

It didn't work for me on my own, but there's an article about it on sott with some info: http://www.sott.net/article/308858-Muscle-testing-Tapping-into-the-subconscious-mind-to-reveal-hidden-secrets

Gaby said:
SunEterna said:
Could have been worse? If i took more iodine? Because the fight would have been more intense? :D

Titrating doses?

I try to help the liver too.

Peace.

Mononucleosis is caused by a virus and iodine is an anti-viral. Perhaps your dose was good enough for detox purposes, but not for fighting viruses.

Here is more information on titrating doses of vitamin C:

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,13208.0.html

A couple of summaries here:

_http://www.doctoryourself.com/titration.html

_http://orthomolecular.org/library/jom/1981/pdf/1981-v10n02-p125.pdf

People who are sick with mononucleosis tolerate a lot of vitamin C before they reach bowel tolerance. It is a very debilitating disease.

Okay, thank you.
But it would have been worse in symptoms? :D
Peace.

Hello Everyone:

this is my follow up on Iodine:

I started my protocol 6 weeks ago, first week I started with two drops of Lugol's every day, taking my salted warm water, and co-factors and I did not feel anything at all, I thought it was not doing anything.
then on week two I increased it to 4 drops a day, still no symptoms of any kind.
on week 3 I took 6 drops a day with all co-factors and salted water, this is when I started to get some problems, I noticed that I was loosing my hair faster than usual, I mean sometimes I saw a couple on the drain, but in this case it was more than that, then I got some rash on both sides of my stomach, which were very itchy and I didn't know why, so I went back to re-read more info about Lugo's and that's when I noticed that I was getting intoxicated with that excess, so I what I did I went back to two drops.
But for the last two weeks I been having the worst symptoms you can ever imagine, I been having cold symptoms, my body feels like burning and I'm not even hot, no fever, also lots of cramps, heart palpitations, last night was the worst of all, I got this burning inside of all my muscle tissue, and then I got the runs... I woke up 4 times to go to the bathroom, and it was just horrible...then today I deiced to stop taking Lugo's for a few days till I get "normal again"...
But interesting enough I don't feel tired at all, .....

SunEterna said:
Okay, thank you.
Peace.

I don't know. I was reviewing your post earlier and I realized you did around 200mg on a couple of days or so. Then you realized it was too much, lowering the dose to a more normal range and after a week or so, boom, you got sick.

A truly anti-viral dose for a mononucleosis infection would be much higher than the 50mg you were doing for maintenance. We discussed potential anti-viral doses in this thread. Some people have increased their iodine dose for a few days in order to nuke the bugs [added: they have done this at the first sign of viral infection], then they go back to the "low" maintenance dose.

BUT if you were not sure what was going on and if you haven't read the entire thread, then don't do anything rashly.

I'm sure it was quite a miserable experience. It was wise and fortunate that you got tested and diagnosed properly.

Xico said:

Have you followed the thread lately?

Instead of cutting down to two drops, the wise thing would have been to stop entirely until detox symptoms cleared out. It was a clear sign that it was too much and every single drop can draw out more toxins out of your body's tissues. If you cannot handle whatever toxins are already in circulation, then stopping lugol would have been the way to go.

In case of doubt, consult a physician.

I've been taking iodine for about a month now. For the first two weeks, I definitely had some detox reactions, primarily low level headaches and brain fog, with occasional bouts of nausea. I've also been taking the cofactors as well (riboflavin and niacinamide, along with selenium), plus tyrosine (Jarrow's N-Aceytl tyrosine). I did self muscle testing initially and came up with 16 drops (40mg) of Lugol's 2% (J. Crow's brand), initially 4 200mcg pills of selenium (Life Extension brand, later dropped down to one, now back to 4), two tyrosine, two riboflavin, and I think two niacinamide (Thorne research brand). I've also been doing the salt water in the morning, and mixing it with glycine.

After about two weeks of that, I felt like my thyroid suddenly kicked on one day and I was warmer than usual (normally cold), but that hasn't entirely sustained yet. I have a running hypothesis that chocolate may tend to make me colder or inhibit the Thyroid/iodine (saw the earlier research on caffeine having a negative impact in that regard, so it could be that, or related to a negative impact on the adrenals which also affects temperature regulation). I've got to do some more extended testing without chocolate to see if that's a significant factor.

I feel like my energy has generally improved, have clearer thinking and I think I would say more will power or determination, fewer thoughts/feelings of "people don't care what I have to say", and less cold in general (I used to start shivering if I was outside in 50F or less within a few minutes, even with a jacket--frustrating). I think I've also lost some body fat. My sleep hasn't improved significantly and it may be an influence in going to bed a little on the late side recently (more energy and lots of things on my mind), but that could be unrelated.

Since I've spent a lot of time and energy (and money) before this on removing heavy metals and other environmental toxins and eliminating various pathogens, I think those aren't a significant factor in my case and I suspect that the detoxing was primarily from halogens, which as far as I've read thus far, can only be removed with iodine. I'm almost finished with Dr. Brownstein's book as well.

Aragorn said:
I'm gonna be a bit of a 'doubting Thomas' here, but considering the "non-scientific nature" of this muscle testing, how do you know you can trust the information you gain by this procedure?

I think this is a really interesting question and one that I've spent some time thinking about after having worked with an applied kinesiologist and seen results that I consider to be pretty much nothing short of miraculous. The biggest issue I can think of with it is that you don't know what you don't know: so you may get data or an answer or results, but is it the whole answer, or is there something being missed? The second issue that I've wondered about is if a person has pathogens for example, could those pathogens influence the test such that something that would kill the pathogens would test negatively, or could they cause a false negative when attempting to diagnose the pathogen's existence, effectively "hiding" from the muscle test? I'm not sure and I kind of suspect not (especially since I've had pathogens and pathogen treatments diagnosed with muscle testing), but I think it's a relevant question to explore.

From my experience, I've seen it work and work incredibly well, so I know first hand that it works due to the results of the testing. I had my doubts initially, but after trying it, it became very clear that the practitioner I was working with was getting accurate results, then consistently got them over and over again. Considering the known issues of blood testing and blood work in general, I personally think there's a lot of potential with muscle testing being a superior diagnostic method. Like all things though, I suspect that the quality of the data depends a lot on the practitioner.

As for the science behind it, I've read a bit into this, but not a lot, and I think there is some grounded science behind it (beyond just extended anecdotal reports of efficacy, of which there is quite a lot) that provides possible explanations for the mechanism:

How Muscle Testing Works Part 1: The Physics of BioElectric Fields:
_http://www.muscletesting.com/bloghow-muscle-testing-works-part1/

The description in the above link describes essentially a relationship between sodium potassium pumps and a bio-electric field and the interactions of these fields altering the sodium potassium pumps and the functioning of muscles because of that.

Having spent some time reading about muscle testing (not a ton, but enough to find out that there's a lot of information out there), I find it to be incredibly fascinating and with some interesting complexities. First, you have to be testable--being dehydrated, for example, can make you not properly testable, as well as other things that might make a person not properly testable, I think. I went to a new Applied Kinesiologist a month or so ago and he informed me of this because I was dehydrated--an interesting trick he used was to put a vial of water on me, which then made me testable. Then there's a question of what you're testing, since muscle testing is often related to meridians (discussed heavily in chinese medicine and acupuncture) in AK stuff that I've read--for example, testing an arm extended out in front of you tests a muscle on the stomach meridian, whereas if you extend it to your side, you're testing on the lung meridian, so something that you're ingesting or that affects the stomach may have an impact when tested against the stomach meridian, but not the lung meridian. Then there's also apparently actually three results with muscle testing: weak (hypotonic), strong, and too strong (hypertonic). I think too strong is some kind of added complication that has to be corrected before the problem can even be diagnosed (I'm not even close to fully understanding this, so I could be off here).

One of the most interesting things I've read with regards to muscle testing was this:
Matrix Response Testing (MRT) Method
_http://www.radicalmedicine.com/mrt-method/

I haven't read it again recently (but am going to), but goes a bit into the theory behind this method and its potential efficacy. It claims that it tests the body's connective tissue, rather than the autonomic nervous system. This stuff absolutely fascinates me with all of it's complexities and because I've found it to be the fastest, easiest, and most powerful diagnostic and corrective method that I've ever encountered.

This past weekend I took a trip to see the Applied Kinesiologist/CPK (Chiro Plus Kinesiology) doctor that I had been seeing for about a year who helped me with a great number of health issues for some questions, and brought him the iodine supplements that I've been taking. This guy is particularly interesting because he not only uses muscle testing, but he uses a "resonator", which is a disc type device that he wears on a belt that, when paired with "hand modes" (a kind of sign language that essentially serves as questions) that he uses, makes a kind of quacking noise when there's a match with the question. He's explained this to me as essentially reading the quantum field of a person (perhaps bio-electric field is more accurate) and the thing interacting with it; the process is similar to dowsing, but refined and with more precision than can be had with a pendulum. If you're having doubts at this point I can't blame you because it sounds kind of ridiculous, but again the results I got with this guy were nothing short of miraculous (he cured my mammal meat allergy which, to the best of my knowledge, no one else on the planet has done) and he was right so many times that it was clear that it wasn't guess work and that there's something else going.

He tested my thyroid and said it was working pretty well, then tested the iodine and gave me a range of 10-18 drops (25mg-45mg) per day, specifying that over 18 drops was the toxicity level for me. Then he prescribed 3 (1500mg) niacinamide per day, 2-3 tyrosine per day, and 4 200mcg selenium per day, with a one month time frame for the selenium (he didn't give me time frames for the other ones and I didn't ask due to time constraints). I had self muscle tested negatively for riboflavin after a month or so, so I wasn't taking that anymore and didn't bring it to him to test.

One other piece of information from him that might be useful is that I did ask him earlier this year about feeling cold on a regular basis and he tested my thyroid and it was weak, so then he tested my hypothalamus and it was also weak. For that, he gave me Standard Process Hypothalmex (https://www.standardprocess.com/Products/Standard-Process/Hypothalmex), which also then made my thyroid test strong. To me this suggests that issues with the thyroid, and possibly iodine supplementation due to stimulating the thyroid, could be related to an issue with a higher in command regulating organ, so correcting that organ may be helpful or necessary before proper functioning of the thyroid can occur. Unfortunately it can be difficult to get Standard Process supplements if anyone wants to try any of them, so working with an Applied Kinesiologist or good Chriropractor can be the cheapest and easiest way to get them, though Hypothalmex can be purchased on Amazon (but it's expensive).

Gaby said:
SunEterna said:
Okay, thank you.
Peace.

I don't know. I was reviewing your post earlier and I realized you did around 200mg on a couple of days or so. Then you realized it was too much, lowering the dose to a more normal range and after a week or so, boom, you got sick.

A truly anti-viral dose for a mononucleosis infection would be much higher than the 50mg you were doing for maintenance. We discussed potential anti-viral doses in this thread. Some people have increased their iodine dose for a few days in order to nuke the bugs [added: they have done this at the first sign of viral infection], then they go back to the "low" maintenance dose.

BUT if you were not sure what was going on and if you haven't read the entire thread, then don't do anything rashly.

I'm sure it was quite a miserable experience. It was wise and fortunate that you got tested and diagnosed properly.

Yes.
So, no iodine for now?
I am taking vitamin C, looking to titrating...
Thanks.
Peace.

Gaby said:
Xico said:

Have you followed the thread lately?

Instead of cutting down to two drops, the wise thing would have been to stop entirely until detox symptoms cleared out. It was a clear sign that it was too much and every single drop can draw out more toxins out of your body's tissues. If you cannot handle whatever toxins are already in circulation, then stopping lugol would have been the way to go.

In case of doubt, consult a physician.

Also, don't mix iodine and salt water.
Take the salt water 1 hour before or after the idodine.

Thanks a lot for that post Foxx, and the linked article. It is a truly fascinating field of study. The results I got were interesting and are proving to be accurate even though it was our first time trying it. My thoughts were that it was quite a crude method but had potential to be refined to get all sorts of answers about things from the body - I had no idea people had already taken it to such complex levels!

SunEterna said:
Yes.
So, no iodine for now?
Thanks.
Peace.

The iodine dose you were doing is probably not going to be helpful at this stage.

I personally would have taken some 300mg of potassium iodide two times a day for a few days along with some 10 drops of lugol. I probably would have known by the second or third day if the virus is getting killed or not, and if such a high dose was a good idea or not. However, I cannot suggest this to you if you don't know what you are doing or even your health condition, or if you haven't had the chance to read this thread appropriately either. Potassium iodide is different than lugol too.

Mononucleosis can compromise body organs. If you don't know what is going on with your body, then let your physician give you an idea.

Vitamin C gives you diarrhea in worst case scenario. If you are very sick, you'll probably tolerate some 50 grams easily throughout the day. It will give you insomnia if taken too late.

I would concentrate on the ascorbic acid today. Tomorrow will be another day. When you'll feel better, you'll feel more comfortable researching and exploring doses with muscle testing or other tools.

Gaby said:
SunEterna said:
Yes.
So, no iodine for now?
Thanks.
Peace.

The iodine dose you were doing is probably not going to be helpful at this stage.

I personally would have taken some 300mg of potassium iodide two times a day for a few days along with some 10 drops of lugol. I probably would have known by the second or third day if the virus is getting killed or not, and if such a high dose was a good idea or not. However, I cannot suggest this to you if you don't know what you are doing or even your health condition, or if you haven't had the chance to read this thread appropriately either. Potassium iodide is different than lugol too.

Mononucleosis can compromise body organs. If you don't know what is going on with your body, then let your physician give you an idea.

Vitamin C gives you diarrhea in worst case scenario. If you are very sick, you'll probably tolerate some 50 grams easily throughout the day. It will give you insomnia if taken too late.

I would concentrate on the ascorbic acid today. Tomorrow will be another day. When you'll feel better, you'll feel more comfortable researching and exploring doses with muscle testing or other tools.

Thank you for your answer and your time.
I am taking vitamin C.
Yeah, it is not clear in my mind. Also, i am tapering the Zyprexa (evil thing). So, i don't know if it's good for me now to do the iodine protocol... i had an obsessions coming and going in head while doing it... and with my neuroleptic, does it has a problem? I only found this (These are all natural elements found in living systems, so why do I call some of the halogens less "lovable" than iodine? Because the other halogens have been so useful and profitable for manufactured chemicals and drugs that we find ourselves in an increasingly toxic environment.), from Dr Sircus.

Well, thank you again.

Peace to you everyone.

I had gone from 2 drops of 2% lugols to 5 drops twice a day or 25 mgs, and had mild detox mostly phlegm and the like. Felt sharper and more alert. All was well.

I stopped the protocol for a few days because of travel and visiting relatives. The second day “off” the iodine my sleep function stopped. I “maybe” got 2 hours a night for two nights, anxiousness and irritability followed.

A week later I went back on iodine at 25 mgs and after 5 days of that I had basically Joe’s “horror story” experience late one night/morning. The heart concerned me the most, as it seem to be off to the races.

So I stopped the iodine but am keeping up with the morning salt and selenium. Just as soon as Christmas is over, I will start again, but at 2 drops of 2% once or twice a day. After two weeks of being ‘normal’ I may up the dosage.

In keeping with Z’s observation “men with no health issues” I am male (58) normal weight, exercise regularly and have no issues and don’t get sick. And Joe’s observation of dental work, I have had a life time of dental work done, and have no idea what all is in my teeth. Also, during time in the military service I received many…many vaccinations (I was a teenager).

Fwiw on the subject of the pendulum:

Some time back I was working with a pendulum and it seem to be working really well, so much so that I started designing questions to hopefully make it useful. When I started to ask it questions about “it” such as, are you part of me? Or another entity, do you have my best interest at heart? etc. everything went snake-y from there. It said it didn’t have my best interest in mind, and well it basically said it was out to deceive me, after that when I went back to “safe” happy questions then it didn’t have the same correctness or percentages, and just went ka-ploowy on me, so I threw it in a bin….. its around here somewhere, but I don’t use it anymore.

46% Lugol's Iodine Solution 58mgs/drop

Geez this is potent.

[quote author=Product Description]46% Lugol's Iodine Solution in a 5-ml amber glass dropper vial. Shipped with flat cap, comes with dropper. Contains 46-gms of Iodine crystals (99.8%+) and 92-gms of Potassium Iodide (USP Grade) in 100-ml of solution with pure distilled water. This is a saturated solution of Lugol's iodine at room temperature. Each drop contains about 58-mgs of iodine! There are 5.8 grams of total iodine in this 5ml vial. Density is twice that of water. Works great for water disinfectant, antiseptic for cuts, biological stain, detoxification, salt water aquariums, animal care, and supplementation.[/quote]

I've read success with large intake of lugol's. 3 drops would be 174mg which would really kill some critters. From what I've read in this thread it sounds safe. Although I thought I would ask and also share this (if anyone is looking for a particularly strong dose)

Here are the Product Reviews. There are only three, but they are all five stars. Seems like it is particularly good at wart removal!

Back
Top Bottom