Earth Changes and the Human-Cosmic Connection

Pierre said:
MK Scarlett said:
If it is not possible to buy the book on RHW for non US residents, I will wait until it is arrived at RPP...

Pilule Rouge will sell ECHCC very soon (probably by the end of this week) and deliver throughout the whole of Europe.

But with all the work you did on this book you very well deserve a free copy of it (we received the five first copies this morning). So I can send you one.

But for those who want a signed copy and do not live in Europe, we still have to buy it at Pilule Rouge?

Gandalf said:
Pierre said:
MK Scarlett said:
If it is not possible to buy the book on RHW for non US residents, I will wait until it is arrived at RPP...

Pilule Rouge will sell ECHCC very soon (probably by the end of this week) and deliver throughout the whole of Europe.

But with all the work you did on this book you very well deserve a free copy of it (we received the five first copies this morning). So I can send you one.

But for those who want a signed copy and do not live in Europe, we still have to buy it at Pilule Rouge?

Yep. RH will only be shipping to the States, and won't have signed copies.

Approaching Infinity said:
Gandalf said:
Pierre said:
MK Scarlett said:

Whoops, just sent an e-mail to Rabbit Hole, for a copy to be sent to Canada. So please just ignore it and I'll order thru pilulerouge.
Sorry for the screw-up.

I've just received the book... Thank you so much! :flowers:

It is amazing! :wow: I had no idea of the exact printed book result, just in my imagination, but, really, I'm speechless!
Also, thank you Pierre and Laura for the very appreciated dedicace...
And now, it is time to dive inside! :read:

Redrock12 said:
Approaching Infinity said:
Gandalf said:
Pierre said:
MK Scarlett said:

Whoops, just sent an e-mail to Rabbit Hole, for a copy to be sent to Canada. So please just ignore it and I'll order thru pilulerouge.
Sorry for the screw-up.

I've been to the RPP and PR sites, but wasn't able to see Earth Changes there. I'm guessing it'll be available soonish though.

whitecoast said:
I've been to the RPP and PR sites, but wasn't able to see Earth Changes there. I'm guessing it'll be available soonish though.

Yeah, soonish. We'll let everyone know here as soon as it is.

I got the book in the mail today. I almost missed my stop coming to work it was so engrossing. Thanks so much Pierre for writing in such clear terms that a non-scientific type like me can understand.

I've noticed a couple of typos and thought I'd mention them. I don't know if this is the appropriate thread, but here goes.

On page 9, second to last line of the Talbot quote, I think it should say that "he" later remarked rather than "be" later remarked.

On Page 58 in FN 94, should say "where" Muller should be rather than "were" Muller should be.

I'd like to add that the figure 126 page 159 contains a mistake in the caption.
It is written that the picture was taken on July 14th, 2013, while it was taken on July 14th, 2009.

Also on page 65, third line of the paragraph that starts "Now, let's go back..." should read why 8 out of 19 mass extinctions...

My copy arrived last Thursday and i've been devouring it since! I took it into the bath yesterday (hence why i didn't want the ebook!) - perfect :D

So far i appreciate the simple yet sufficient explanations, the helpful - but not excessive - recaps of specific and integral points. I also find the spacing of the technical and the philosophical nicely balanced, so if you feel you're beginning to slog through a chapter, the next is lighter and gives you time to digest.

I was primed to many of the topics from my own research, but the book really ties them together in a coherent narrative. And fills in a great many blanks That i am now able to convey the concepts to the few people who didn't ask me to stop speaking, i think is a testament to how well written the book is. Also, i found myself premeditating how specific issues would relate to others, only to find them explained a short while later which again demonstrates that the writing enables and inspires you to connect the dots yourself.

I thought the mock up of the book in the shop being taken from the shelf was the most eye catching and the hard copy lives up to expectations.

Of those not mentioned, i spotted:
1) Page iv line 3: Society collapse / 'societal collapse' ?
2)Page 143 3rd line from bottom: Ttherefore / Therefore

I am up to page 70 now. I thought it was a great explanation of what plasma is, how prevalent it is in the universe, and how fundamental electrical plasma forces could be in ordering the universe.

I did stumble at the end of page 61, where the book goes from pondering whether the most recent extinction in the 27-million year cycle really occurred 14 million years ago, to the problems with radiocarbon dating.

Although radiocarbon dating has many problems, I thought it was nevertheless only used for dating objects in the recent so-many-thousands-of-years-ago period, and would not be used for dating 14-million year old fossils. I wonder if "radiometric" rather than "radiocarbon" dating is what is meant? Some isotopes of elements other than Carbon I think have half-lifes of millions of years, and would be the ones used for dating 14-million year old rocks and the fossils found in them? The problems with the clocks being reset by cosmic events could still apply to radiometric dating using these other elements.

The book cover image on Amazon:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51BKsQQ9pdL.jpg

is much more lively, than the one you have put on the right side of Sott.net. The Sott one is bland one, bleached colors, and not really grabbing attention.

For pure marketing reasons - catchier look - it could be the same bright one you use on Amazon, Sott visitors might be noticing more and clicking the book link, buying it.

For comparison the book cover on Sott:
http://www.sott.net/images/sidebars/ECHCC_cover.jpg

Wow, I can tell that this is going to be a brilliant read. Hope to get a signed version to my place in Malaysia. Currently reading the sample on Kindle and it is great, I love the little twist in the Acknowledgements! Congratulations on finishing your first book Pierre! Looking forward to reading deeper into your thoughts.

I've been meaning to post a review on amazon, but haven't found the time in the last week or so. I'll do so soon (and go through the other reviews and vote up the helpful ones).

Perceval said:
whitecoast said:

Yeah, soonish. We'll let everyone know here as soon as it is.

Just in case anyone has missed it, the book is available for purchase at the QFG Store 'The Rabbit Hole'

http://store.therabbitholeusa.com/

For those who want signed copies it will be available for order from Pilulerouge.com later today.

Back
Top Bottom