Linda Tucker, White Lions, and Ice Age

jsf

Jedi Master
Just finished reading an interesting book from Linda Tucker : Mystery of the White Lions, Children of the Sun God (2001)

Most of the book is about her discussions with Credo Mutwa about Africa's history, mythology, an underground Nile, the meridian gizeh-timbavati, shamanism, alternative egyptology, etc. She talks about the early cohabitation between man and saber tooth tigers, which would have led to a change in eating habits (meat) and increasing intellect.

A chapter of this book is about the next ice age :

"If the White Lions are identified with the star gods at First Time, what does their reappearance mean for our age ? In terms of the White Lion message, I reccaled the words of Mutwa's moving speech at the zoo on our last day spent together : "These animals are said to herald coming changes on this earth." (...)

Mutwa points out that lions "show every evidence of being snow animals originally", citing the thick mane and paw formations as features appropriate for glacial conditions.

I now began to wonder whether these might be the approaching earth changes of which the White Lions are here to forewarn us. Are we in danger of moving headlong into the next Ice Age ?

The obvious fact is that a tawny landscape is not an appropriate environment for a snow-White Lion. Only under freak conditions would mutations such as the White Lions be favored with an ecological niche where they could survive and reproduce. If we ask what ecological circomstances would be favorable, the answer can only be : Ice Age conditions.

For some time now, scientists have been warning us of the possible catastrophic onset of the next Ice Age. The Cambridge astrophysicist John Gribbin, for instance, points out that Northen Hemisphere summer sunshine, the key indicator of approaching glaciation, "has declined steadily since 11,000 years ago to the point where, other things being equal, there is a real risk of a sudden spread of snow and ice cover, a "snow blitz" heralding the start of the next Ice Age."

Despite scientific support for an impeding Ice Age, the idea that a unique white gene make an appearance in anticipation of a radical climatic change has, to my knowledge, no scientific basis as yet. But in respect of Mutwa's view of the White Lions as prophetic messengers, this make absolute sense. (....) (p.228)

see also chapter 25 : "Each time consciousness becomes frozen from fear, it suffers an Ice Age."Only when it experiences a change of heart ,and the lion heart warms the earth again during a Lion Age, do you experience the great meltdown."

"According to the laws of precession, we are on the brink of the Age of Aquarius in the Northen Hemisphere, while in the Southern Hemisphere we are on the brink of the Age of Leo"

Interesting. John Gribbin is co-author of a book I read last year or so that really got me thinking: "The Sixth Winter" (with Douglas Orgill). The story is cheesy as all get out, but I kept wondering where did he get the idea of "the sixth winter"?? It was presented as a sort of classified report in the book, but maybe there is some foundation to it? What was fascinating was the discussion of change in animal behavior and the "ice tornadoes". It was similar to the "superstorms" of the movie "Day After Tomorrow", though these were storms on steroids.

The thesis is sort of "if there are five colder/extended winters in a row, the sixth winter will be the one that never ends: the sudden onset of an ice age."

Well, as far as I can see, we've had a number of colder/extended winters in a row already, like maybe 4, and the current one is the fifth, which would make next winter the "Sixth Winter." And certainly, animal behavior is changing all over the planet in various ways. Just as critters seem to know when earthquakes or tsunamis are coming, maybe they know when the climate is changing too and have inbuilt genetic codes that start turning on or off according to some signal from the environment?

Laura said:
Interesting. John Gribbin is co-author of a book I read last year or so that really got me thinking: "The Sixth Winter" (with Douglas Orgill). The story is cheesy as all get out, but I kept wondering where did he get the idea of "the sixth winter"?? It was presented as a sort of classified report in the book, but maybe there is some foundation to it? What was fascinating was the discussion of change in animal behavior and the "ice tornadoes". It was similar to the "superstorms" of the movie "Day After Tomorrow", though these were storms on steroids.

The thesis is sort of "if there are five colder/extended winters in a row, the sixth winter will be the one that never ends: the sudden onset of an ice age."

Well, as far as I can see, we've had a number of colder/extended winters in a row already, like maybe 4, and the current one is the fifth, which would make next winter the "Sixth Winter." And certainly, animal behavior is changing all over the planet in various ways. Just as critters seem to know when earthquakes or tsunamis are coming, maybe they know when the climate is changing too and have inbuilt genetic codes that start turning on or off according to some signal from the environment?

Makes sense.
Not too many years ago it was believed that the northern wood bison, owing to their larger size, were a subspecies of the the plains bison, or vice versa. But when some plains bison were transplanted to the northern woodlands, their offspring grew to a much larger size. Larger size is an advantage in colder climates because the body can hold more heat, and they have the capacity to consume larger amounts of forage, which of course is turned into energy.
So yeah, it makes perfect sense that animals do in fact have the ability to turn on an adaptive gene to meet the survival requirements of a different or changing environment.

Back
Top Bottom