Dental Health

Re: Teeth becoming dark

Johnno said:
Not sure what the "darkness" could be due to, some sort of stagnancy perhaps in making a decision? :huh:

Yes, I was also thinking about that darkness.
Could it also symbolize a cloud over one's decisions? As in, decisions clouded/obscured by something...

I found about this "enamel hypoplasia" business when trying to find out
if my teeth are cleanable:

Kinda gross photos Puzzle, but you might see something:
_http://www.dentistrywhileyousleep.ca/pdf/ENAMEL_HYPOPLASIA.pdf

fwiw.

According to this article on German New Medicine - http://www.healingcancernaturally.com/hamer.html - the teeth represent "feeling unable to bite, including for attack/defence, also symbolically."

Also here is a tooth chart which shows the relationships between individual teeth and organ systems - http://www.ravecoholistic.com/toothchart.html

Also, I am not sure if someone can get this in their twenties but fluoride exposure can cause dental fluorosis - http://www.fluoridealert.org/dental-fluorosis.htm#text which makes the teeth appear brown.

Thanks Gertrudes, Johnno and Masamune for looking up the symbolism and for providing the links!

potamus said:
I found about this "enamel hypoplasia" business when trying to find out
if my teeth are cleanable:

Kinda gross photos Puzzle, but you might see something:
_http://www.dentistrywhileyousleep.ca/pdf/ENAMEL_HYPOPLASIA.pdf

I've taken a look at these pictures and the descriptions, but enamel hypolasia is not the case with me.

potamus said:
My teeth are stained dark also. Dentist tells me it is due to Tetracycline
staining when the antibiotic saved my life at 4 from upper spinal meningitis. Now I am
wondering if they can be cleaned thanks, and if it comes back?

I'd really like to help you out here, but as you can see from my posts I don't have a clue either.
I've always had this inkling that a deficiency in minerals could be a physical cause and replenishing the
minerals would help. It's however just speculation. Also, your case has another origin and I'm very sorry
to hear that you have this problem as a result of standard medicine treatment (it however did save your
life, thank God!) and I'm really confused about the fact (?) that an antibiotic could cause a staining of teeth,
darn..
What is your dentist's take on how to treat this? It sounds as if he hasn't really informed you about
possible treatments?

Masamune said:
Also here is a tooth chart which shows the relationships between individual teeth and organ systems
- http://www.ravecoholistic.com/toothchart.html

According to the chart the affected teeth are related to the pineal gland, the adrenal, kidneys, bladder, uterus, rectum, anus.
I cannot relate this to anything however. I don't have any related physical issues that I know of.

Gertrudes said:
Johnno said:
Not sure what the "darkness" could be due to, some sort of stagnancy perhaps in making a decision? :huh:

Yes, I was also thinking about that darkness.
Could it also symbolize a cloud over one's decisions? As in, decisions clouded/obscured by something...

Masamune said:
According to this article on German New Medicine - http://www.healingcancernaturally.com/hamer.html -
the teeth represent "feeling unable to bite, including for attack/defence, also symbolically."

The symbolism of stagnancy could relate to my naturopath exam;
decisions clouded/obscured by something could be because I think a lot of my procrastination concerning my exams has to do
with unresolved childhood/adolescence issues.
Feeling unable to bite, including for attack/defense fits very well with my having been "sweet" in the face of abuse... and being
pretty bad at expressing anger generally. There were many situations in my life where I didn't even notice (emotional/psychological) abuse.

Well, it could well be that this teeth business is indeed related to my psychological condition..

I'm so very glad about the EE program, it will help bringing a lot, if not all of it, to the surface.

i assume your stains look somewhat like mine.
i've heard from several people that this is due to smoking.
extra attention while brushing keeps it in check, though i can't seem to get rid of it completely.

i'm not too worried about it though - it isn't caries after all. ;)

Attachments

• teeth.jpg
    teeth.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 26

Iconoclast said:
i assume your stains look somewhat like mine.

Yes! That's it! And only on the inside of the teeth!

Iconoclact said:
i've heard from several people that this is due to smoking.

That's what the dental's assistant told me, too. But how come some people have this from
smoking (if that's the case) and others don't? There must be a reason.

Iconoclast said:
i'm not too worried about it though - it isn't caries after all.

Well, yeah, it's not caries, but it still worries me. It does look as if one is not taking care
enough of one's body; it even looks like decay and I find it really.. ehm, yes.. ugly.

But as you say:

extra attention while brushing keeps it in check

and I'll buy that sonic brush and that whitener gel Laura recommended, so it
doesn't happen again.

Just wanna say thanks to you all.. this has been bothering me for many years and I didn't
dare to ask anybody besides the dental's assistant and my boyfriend
- at least to me, it's been a very delicate subject..

..perhaps it's much more wise to not attach so many feelings to it, hmm..??

Puzzle said:
Just wanna say thanks to you all.. this has been bothering me for many years and I didn't
dare to ask anybody besides the dental's assistant and my boyfriend
- at least to me, it's been a very delicate subject..

..perhaps it's much more wise to not attach so many feelings to it, hmm..??

I think that an effective way not to attach too many feelings into something can sometimes be to let it out, just talking abut it (as you just did) seems to somehow release some stuck energy. I also know what it is to zip one's mouth over a delicate subject, and it seems they just tend to grow bigger, and more intense on an emotional level.

I'm glad you asked!
As for myself, I can say that I have also learned a few things reading the provided links.

alternative to amalgams

Have been really researching the alternatives to mercury amalgams and I am not satisfied with my findings.

From this website I found this study and feel unsure of the best materials to use.

http://copublications.greenfacts.org/en/dental-amalgam/l-3/5-health-effects-alternative-materials.htm#0p0
3.4.3. Toxicology of components of alternative materials

Clearly these alternative restorative materials are complex chemically, with many different components, setting reaction mechanisms and opportunities to interact with tissues of the individuals in whom they are placed. However, characteristics of exposure are very difficult to determine, bearing in mind that volumes of the materials used are very small, the residence time within the body of chemicals that take part in setting reactions is usually very short and the chemical and toxicological profiles of the set material are usually very different to those of the starting materials. In evaluating the possibilities for adverse effects arising from the clinical use of these materials, it is necessary to consider the evidence about the inherent toxicity of the chemicals used and the performance and behaviour of the restorations over time. Of interest to most investigations here have been the monomers used in polymerisation reactions, which may remain unreacted and therefore present in the set material, the acids used in various phases of the setting and etching processes and ions released from glasses. An extensive evaluation of the acute and chronic toxicity of materials used in various alternatives to dental amalgam was published by IARC (1999).

So my conclusion is I do not want to replace one toxin with another. Does anyone else have any insight on this? Maybe straight porcelain which probably has silica and that is a known carcinogen.

The dentist I am using to replace my fillings uses this product,
http://www.gcamerica.com/products/operatory/GRADIA_DIRECT/Gradia%20Direct%20Posterior_MSDS012209.pdf
And scrolling down the page I find it contains Urethane dimethacrylate. There seems to be no medical research other then does it work as a replacement for metal amalgams. Some people are allergic to it. They have terrible side effects. Besides it has the word urethane in its title. It can not be good.

So again if anyone has any insight here it would be greatly appreciated. My appointment is this Thursday. Going to have a tooth pulled and was going to start with filling replacement, but I am not so sure about this gradia resin. Thanks...

Re: alternative to amalgams

Bluestar said:
Maybe straight porcelain which probably has silica and that is a known carcinogen.

I think it depends on the form of silica. Silica is glass - to put it simply, so it is fairly inert - though in certain forms it can act as an irritant (in lung tissue, for instance) that could lead to some form of cancer. I don't have much data on the overall role of silica as a carcinogen, though - could you provide some links?

[quote author=Bluestar]Have been really researching the alternatives to mercury amalgams and I am not satisfied with my findings.[/quote]

Me either.

I remember way back when I read Dr Hulda Clark's work, she was against metal and most plastic or composite fillings as well. Keep in mind most of her research was gathered via the use of a certain "synchrometer" device, which is, as far as I can tell, a sort of electrical bio-feedback device. The device itself has never been adequately explained from what I've gathered. She used it as a means for testing the purity of substances. She even claims to be able to test for toxins/microbes within specific organs of the body as well! Quite a claim.

Anyways, there's actually a whole book called the Synchrometer Science Laboratory Manual that she wrote dedicated to this synchrometer and the experiments she carried out with it. I'm not sure whether to classify it as scientific, pseudo-science or paranormal, but it does make for interesting reading! I have not tried to duplicate her experiments, and I know of no others who have duplicated them.

Now, as far as her work on examining the purity of dental materials, here is what she has to say:

[quote author=Dr. Hulda Clark - The Cure for All Advanced Cancers p69-71]The Syncrometer detects about 30 metals in any "gold" or "silver" filling. These include nickel, copper, cobalt, vandium, thallium, germanium, cadmium, mercury, platinum, titanium, and even uranium! In my Synchrometer studies, I have found copper, cobalt, and vandium to be present in every tumor. Seeping from both metal and plastic teeth, these metals are common denominators in advanced cancer cases. I have also found inorganic "bad" germanium in enough cases to consider it another common denominator. These begin to build up in your tissues in the early, tumor-forming stage. I am not sure whether these toxings play a role in actual tumor growth, but eventually they cause the anemia, liver failure, kidney failure, mutations, hypercalcemia, and immunity failure that causes death. So I want to emphasize again, that even if a magic want shrank your tumors, you are still in mortal danger unless you get your dental work done!

If you have plastic materials in your dentalware, I find they will seep urethane, maleic acid, malonic acid and various azo dyes. Methacrylate dentures even seep acrylic acid. Urethane and azo dyes have had decades of research in the past; they were found to be highly carinogenic. Maleic and malonic acids were found to be repiratory inhibitors which, in turn, case tumors to form. And acrylic acid, another carcinogen, is the same chemical that is made by frying foods in unsaturated fats. With so many well-studied carcinogens in dental materials, we should as a child's question: Have they ever been tested for carinogenicity? If so, what were the results?

Is it impossible to make plastics that don't have all these carcinogens? Not at all. The Syncrometer detected more dental ingredients that were free of them than those that had them. But if each dental material (such as composite, ceramic, glass ionomer) requires the use of ten ingredients, then the chances of finding the final restoration free of carcinogens is essentially zero. Using a Synchrometer, each ingredient could be tested separately for one dozen of the most harmful chemicals - not impossible - but quite impractical.

So to accomplish the two purposes of eliminating Clostridium infection and seeping carcinogents, you must extract teeth with large metal or plastic fillings, root canals, crowns or caps. They once were infected - before you had them "repaired". Now they are infected again and must be removed.

Why Is There Metal In Plastic?

Metal is not an essential ingredient of the plastic manufacture. How can plastic material become polluted with it? I can speculate on several ways, but the fact is I am not the only one finding it.60

Perhaps the use of inferior "practical" grade chemicals to make plastics with, or recycled ingredients, causes wholesale pollution of the dental materials with toxic metals, dyes or solvents.

I also find insufficient hardening of plastic in your mouth allows seepage of plasticizers, dyes, and other ingredients from the soft tooth.

Another possibility involves the chemical antiseptics used in manufacturing plastics. Although important, the are themselves polluted with metals, solvents and dyes. Pollution that stems from antiseptics spreads further and further. It is like having a wet kitchen sponge that drops to the ground; after that, dirt will be spread wherever the sponge is used to "clean" in a surface. Ultimately, there is nothing left unpolluted with the antiseptics themselves and the toxins found in them. Look at the assortment of antiseptics legal for use in the manufacturing processes, including the dental and plastic industries.61

60 - Benjamin, M., Jenne, E., Trace Element Contamination, Copper From Plastic Microlitre Pipet Tips, Atomic Abs. Newsletter, v. 15, no. 2, Mar-Apr 1976, p. 53. Sommerfeld, M., et al., Trace Metal Contamination of Disposable Pipet Tips, Atomic Abs. Newsletter, v. 14, no. 1, Jan-Feb 1975, p. 31.)

61 - A complete list of allowable solutions for food-contact articles is in the (U.S. Code of Federal Regulations (21 CFR Ch. 1, 4/1/95 ed., &178.1010 Sanitizing solutions).
[/quote]

So what to do? Unfortunately, she says that for those suffering from serious health problems, all fillings should be removed and anything that cannot be restored (such as root canals) should be extracted. Keep in mind she was a cancer researcher looking for ways to help cancer patients. Her proclamations may seem a bit dire, but one has to consider the audience in which she is writing too. Those with less serious health problems maybe be just fine with plastic or composite fillings, OSIT.

She does mention this in the same chapter:

[quote author=Dr. Hulda Clark - The Cure for All Advanced Cancers p89-90]Removing small amalgam fillings should be done very carefully, using a rubber dam, in order not to produce "dust" that spatters the entire mouth. Drilling out amalgam is a special skill. Find an experienced dentist. Only after your tumors are gone should you refill these cavities. The cavity is then filled with a paste of zinc phosphate or zinc oxide and eugenol. These compounds will be pure if purchased from a chemical supply company or if purchased separately from a dental supply company. (No premixed variety has ever tested pure by the Syncrometer.)

The cavity may also be filled with an inlay of Sculpture or Targis. Inlays are already hardened in the dental lab and did not seep in my experiments. A glue of zinc phosphate paste, purchased as two separate bottles, will be safe. If removing a filling kills the tooth so it can now feel nothing, extract it. If filling removal got so close to the nerve that you are now in pain, extract it also. Only shallow fillings are candidates for salvaging. [/quote]

From my understanding, zinc phosphate or zinc oxide can only be used as a temporary filling. Actually dentists use this substance as a base for some cavity fillings.

Here is a list of dental filling materials that Dr. Clark supposedly tested with her synchrometer and approved:

_http://livingnetwork.co.za/drclarknetwork/dental-work/dr-clarks-dental-materials/

FWIW.

This is actually a very good question!

I read that members are removing their mercury amalgams
but nothing was said what replaces it! This question should
be addressed so that one *knows* otherwise? I haven't a
clue!

So, for those members who had re-fillings, what was used?
Perhaps we can share the data?

anart said:
Bluestar said:
Maybe straight porcelain which probably has silica and that is a known carcinogen.

I think it depends on the form of silica. Silica is glass - to put it simply, so it is fairly inert - though in certain forms it can act as an irritant (in lung tissue, for instance) that could lead to some form of cancer. I don't have much data on the overall role of silica as a carcinogen, though - could you provide some links?

This is from the second link in my post. From the companies web site on the materials safety data sheet.

HEALTH HAZARD (Acute And Chronic): This paste-form product is manufactured using silica glass, which is considered a hazard by
inhalation. IARC has classified it as a probable carcinogenic for humans. Dusts of silica glass is also a known cause of silicosis, a
non-cancerous lung disease.

I am going to talk with the dentist about this Gradia and opt out of the procedure unless we can use something else. Dant I will ask about an inlay of Sculpture or Targis. Maybe I can supply the materials if I can find somewhere to purchase. Will post my research on this. Thanks for the lead.

Having a molar pulled. It is an old metal filled root canal that was not done properly. I opted to have it pulled instead of a re-root canal. Being my parents are footing the bill because it has been causing me problems of late, the re-root canal was over $900.00 and the pulling of the tooth is $168.00. Though after reading up on this stuff I believe I made the right decision to have the tooth pulled. Though I can not have all my filled teeth pulled. There are 4 more with fillings so I have to figure something out.

Maybe someone else has more info on the product they used to replace the fillings in their mouth. Thanks for the input.

Bluestar said:
This is from the second link in my post. From the companies web site on the materials safety data sheet.

HEALTH HAZARD (Acute And Chronic): This paste-form product is manufactured using silica glass, which is considered a hazard by
inhalation. IARC has classified it as a probable carcinogenic for humans. Dusts of silica glass is also a known cause of silicosis, a
non-cancerous lung disease.

Yes, silicosis is only caused by inhalation - which would not be possible with the silica that composes any dental composite, since that silica is not in tiny particles to be inhaled, it is fused and inert. Silicosis is most common in mining, actually.

Cant give you any hard data, but I had 6 mercury amalgams replaced about 9 years ago-ish. They were all replaced with porcelain. They were pretty sensitive to hot and cold for about 4 to 6 months, but other than that, they have never given me any problems with toxic symptoms (and I am very sensitive).

It was one of the best things I ever did for myself.

Lauranimal said:
Cant give you any hard data, but I had 6 mercury amalgams replaced about 9 years ago-ish. They were all replaced with porcelain. They were pretty sensitive to hot and cold for about 4 to 6 months, but other than that, they have never given me any problems with toxic symptoms (and I am very sensitive).

It was one of the best things I ever did for myself.

I might be way out but probably it was the gum and the roots that were sensitive. I had 4 a couple of weeks ago and since my gum was not close enough on my teeth after the treatment, it was quite sensitive. I went back to see my dentist and she put some minerals on it to help the gum come closer to the teeth and it solved the problem.

Back
Top Bottom