Dental Health

Re: Dental Almagams?

I sure hope that you do find a way out of the stress,
and as soon as possible. But perhaps one ought to
slow down a bit, take it one day at a time, not to rush
things quite too fast?

Would some breathing exercises and/or meditation help
relieve the emotions & stress and to clear your mind?

I am no doctor, of course, but I find myself doing that
quite often, and it has relaxed me many times. I often
find myself wondering afterwards, why body/mind gets
into these "states of anxiety" but there it is, and I have
no explanation for it, other than perhaps: "its just a body
thing, doing its own thing".

Re: Dental Almagams?

dant said:
Would some breathing exercises and/or meditation help
relieve the emotions & stress and to clear your mind?

I am no doctor, of course, but I find myself doing that
quite often, and it has relaxed me many times. I often
find myself wondering afterwards, why body/mind gets
into these "states of anxiety" but there it is, and I have
no explanation for it, other than perhaps: "its just a body
thing, doing its own thing".

Hi Dant,

I'll bet meditation could be of help, as long there's a parallel effort to study and Do something.

I think I need a 'laughing therapy' too here :lol:

I've stopped doing meditation some 10 y. ago, so I'll need some practice to start these breathing exercices keeping my concentration on. But those were merely exercices inducing some unwanted altered state and meditation should be really 'conscious meditation'. The last two sessions brought forth great clues in this direction! There must be a purpose and a guidance in order to practice such a technique.

Thanks!

Teeth problems and their symbolic meanings

In this thread RedFox wrote:

RedFox said:
I am curiouse though at all the teeth problems that seem to be going round at the moment among this group....perhaps we can try and figure out if it is significant/symbolic of something so as to help others not have to go through so much suffering??

I’ve put the following quotes from Lise Bourbeau and Louise Hay in a separate thread for two reasons. First, I think they could be useful to many people, and second, a separate thread might help more people to find the information. Hay and Bourbeau both offer some useful information that can help us to understand what our bodies are telling us. Although they are sometimes a bit new-agey, I have found both writers to be quite accurate with their analyses.

Louise Hay on teeth:

Teeth represent decisions.
Problems with teeth: longstanding indecisiveness. Inability to break down ideas for analysis and decisions.

Lise Bourbeau on teeth:

Physical block

The following conditions are considered problematic: pain that comes from decayed or broken teeth, grinding of the teeth or crooked teeth.

Emotional block

As teeth are used to pulverize and pound food, teeth problems indicate difficulty pondering new information, ideas or situations. Hence, problems with the teeth indicate fear of making incorrect decisions. Teeth are also used to bite; therefore, a person with a tooth problem might feel incapable of defending himself.

According to Dr Michele Caffin, a prominent French oral surgeon:

The eight teeth on the upper right side are linked with the desire to express oneself outwardly; a problem with one of these teeth indicates difficulty in finding one’s place in the outside world.

The eight teeth in the upper left side are linked with the desire to show what a person carries inside; a problem with one of these teeth therefore expresses difficulty in fulfilling one’s desire to be.

The eight teeth on the lower right side are tied in with the solidification of something, such as work; a problem with one of these teeth therefore indicates a problem with making concrete plans or getting one’s self on solid ground.

The eight teeth on the lower left side are linked with the realization of a person’s emotional sensitivity; a problem with one of these teeth indicates lack of emotional recognition within the family.

The message from misaligned teeth is also related to the above mentioned.

Mental block

The right side of the body controls the male aspect and linked to our relationship with our father. Dental problems on the right side indicate unresolved father issues. […] Dental problems on the left side […] are an indication of unresolved issues with your mother.

The upper incisors (four front teeth) represent the spot you want to occupy in relation to your parents, whose position is represented by the lower incisors. Dental problems in this area indicate an inability to sink your teeth into what you are doing in order to achieve the outcomes you desire. Learn to look at events as they are. If need be, accept the help of others to sharpen your discernment. […]

If the incisors are worn or eroded, you are letting people close to you wear you down. If you can identify with this, it is because you have low self-worth and difficulty expressing yourself. Don’t be so critical of yourself. You also want others to change. The best way to stop wearing yourself out is to love and accept yourself and those close to you.

Bruxism, or grinding of the teeth, generally occurs during sleep as the mind ruminates about all the anger and tension that you kept inside during your waking hours. […] You must decide to handle this anger before it becomes a bigger problem than simple bruxism.

References
You Can Heal Your Life by Louise Hay
Your Body’s Telling You: Love Yourself by Lise Bourbeau

Teeth becoming dark

Since my early twenties my incissor teeth get dark - on the inside part, not visible when smiling and showing teeth.
Back then they would even get brown in these parts.
At one point I had gone to the dentist and had this professional cleaning of teeth. Having asked her for the reasons
she told me it's smoking, coffee and tea. This cleaning lasted for one and a half years, then I had to go again.

The third time of cleaning was like 5 months ago.
I again talked to the woman cleaning my teeth and she said it's about brushing them right. She said that people
who smoke have -just like me- only this inside part of their scissors that becomes dark (first yellow then dark, i.e. brown).
The way to avoid those parts to become dark would be to brush harder; she gave me a special toothbrush with
only a tiny bristle part, in order to reach those teeth parts. I have been using it whenever I felt with my tongue that
some kind of coating seemed to appear, and it did work to some extent (not the very clean feel after a teeth cleanse,
but still acceptably clean feel and nothing visible anymore). It did result in gum bleeding though, because of the extreme
pressure when brushing these parts

Now, they are again in the beginning stages of having this "coating" that after some more months will be darkening again.
This is driving me totally nuts! Not to mention the psychological factor, knowing the inside of your teeth are in danger
of becoming dark if you don't watch out. A result of this is some creeping fear about my teeth becoming dark and I
find myself oftentimes looking at them in the mirror to check if they're still okay. Not to mention if people see it, in case
they are dark, like when I happen to laugh with my mouth wide open, sheesh.

I'm off coffee, so this cannot be the source. I do drink tea, mostly green or herbal tea and mostly with distilled water.
I smoke natural tobacco. I've been using a toothpaste without fluorides for I don't know how long, maybe two to three
years. And, just in case, I Do brush my teeth just as everyone else is doing.
I do have I think three amalgam fillings. This is another on my to-do-detox-list.

The dental's assistant (who's doing the teeth cleansings) told me she had a client who comes to her every three months,
because after three months her teeth are black, from the inside and the outside. The assistant told me she thought that
maybe there's a different composition of the saliva that could be connected to the teeth becoming dark.

I don't know. I thought that it could be a deficiency in minerals. I'm not yet taking supplements, wanted to buy them
this month, but unexpected bills arrived, so no money left. Next month then.

Has anyone else experienced darkening of teeth because of smoking? I don't know of any other smokers
who have this. Does anybody know what this is related to?

I'm aware there could be a psychological reason for it, too (although I couldn't find out about it),
but mostly I'd like to find out the physical sources/reasons for it and something practical as a solution.

Do I have to quit smoking?? :/

Re: Teeth becoming dark

I eat

fruit (mostly apples, sometimes dried figs and dates); this I must cancel, I know, I'm working on it.
vegetables
fish
sunflower seeds
nuts (must cancel them, I know, am working on it)
brown rice
beans sometimes, lentils seldom (I know, have to increase intake of them)

All in all, what I know I need to improve is canceling fruits (only berries are allowed), eat vegetables daily,
because on some days I don't eat vegetables at all.

edit:
forgot to add:

When using oil I use olive oil, but mostly I use ghee.

I do not use any of the harmful stuff, no sweets (there were two tiny slips at x-mas though), no msg, no soy, no dairy
(have cancelled dairy in November), no gluten, no nothing.

Just for clarification, my teeth aren't dark now, I just see they are in the
process of beginning to become dark. Before that happens, maybe someone
knows what this is all about and maybe I can prevent it from happening
again, without having to go to teeth cleansing in say three months again
and spending lots of money for it.

Something else:

Recently when I was taking magnesium citrate I was keeping it in my mouth and treat it the
same way we do when doing oil pulling. Afterwards the coating seemed to have been diminished.
That's a clue, I think. Have to observe further, but I first must buy new magnesium and for this
I have to wait till next month.

Maybe I should take up oil pulling, as a general detox method. I was doing it for maybe six months,
even though it never helped with the teeth.

I would've thought that coffee/tea/smoking would produce specific kind of darkness that is distinguishable from other kinds. In other words, I wonder how carefully they analyzed exactly what the dark stuff is before blaming that stuff - perhaps they just assumed but a more careful test can be done by the dentist, maybe they can scrape off a "sample" to analyze if they must.. not sure how they do it.

Does the dark stuff "feel" different - is it for example less smooth than the whiter parts or anything like that? In other words, I'm wondering if it is the bone itself turning this color, or a layer of something on the bone.

Also, anything change in your early 20's that you could possibly suspect?

Get a sonic toothbrush and clay-based whitening toothpaste and spend a full two minutes on your teeth each time you brush. (three times per day). You can also use a peroxide gel whitener that you can find on amazon fairly inexpensively.

Laura said:
Get a sonic toothbrush and clay-based whitening toothpaste and spend a full two minutes on your teeth each time you brush. (three times per day). You can also use a peroxide gel whitener that you can find on amazon fairly inexpensively.
I swear we need our own "wikihow" type website. This forum is becoming a source on how to healthily and effectively do almost anything..

SAO said:
I would've thought that coffee/tea/smoking would produce specific kind of darkness that is distinguishable from other kinds. In other words, I wonder how carefully they analyzed exactly what the dark stuff is before blaming that stuff - perhaps they just assumed but a more careful test can be done by the dentist, maybe they can scrape off a "sample" to analyze if they must.. not sure how they do it.

They did not analyze anything. Not sure whether they even do it. In any case, I don't want to wait for my teeth to darken, so they can have a sample, better if they stay white, know what I mean?

SAO said:
Does the dark stuff "feel" different - is it for example less smooth than the whiter parts or anything like that? In other words, I'm wondering if it is the bone itself turning this color, or a layer of something on the bone.

It is a layer on the tooth that can be removed via their ultra-cleansing methods. Yes, it feels less smooth than the white teeth.

SAO said:
Also, anything change in your early 20's that you could possibly suspect?

Well, that was the time of me starting to live on my own, after my A-levels, and I had an eating disorder that came out full-blown as soon as I was living alone. I was also smoking weed pretty regularly at that time. I was pretty much lost, didn't know what to do with my life. I found New Age stuff and was reading many books, I was all into the paranormal. I had dysfunctional relations to men. I was in close contact to my biological father (via letters and phone and also visits), who's in jail for murder (I cut off the contact last year, there's a thread on this forum about it). I was isolating myself from the outside world, except when I had to go to work, or when I met some friends. There was no support from family, they didn't even know. Well, that was a very dark period in my life. Could that be related?

Laura said:

Alright, Laura, thanks, will see how that works.

I'd like to ask if someone has the book "Heal your body A- Z" and could look up on the symbolism
of teeth becoming dark.

Just to have another angle to look at it from.

Puzzle said:
I'd like to ask if someone has the book "Heal your body A- Z" and could look up on the symbolism
of teeth becoming dark.

Just to have another angle to look at it from.

Well, there is nothing written about dark teeth specifically, but here is what it says regarding teeth:

Heal your Body A-Z said:
Teeth:
Represents decisions

Long-standing indecisiveness. Inability to break down ideas for analysis and decisions.

From "You can heal your life"

Teeth represent decisions.

Problems - Longstanding indecisiveness. Inability to break down ideas for analysis and decisions.

Gertrudes was a little quicker off the mark! Not sure what the "darkness" could be due to, some sort of stagnancy perhaps in making a decision? :huh:

Or perhaps a decision you see as "dark"?

My teeth are stained dark also. Dentist tells me it is due to Tetracycline
staining when the antibiotic saved my life at 4 from upper spinal meningitis. Now I am
wondering if they can be cleaned thanks, and if it comes back?

Back
Top Bottom