What's on my mind? How can I find like minded people, if I am not allow to converse about what I believe to be my convictions? Free speech, or 1st Amendment rights to speak openly in today's world and social media are a farce. So please allow me to present my argument behind such a declaration. I am well convinced that life as we live it, from the very foundations and appearance of homo sapiens, has been built on a stack deck of cards. To this very day, we have been given lies for truth and the repetition of lies are far beyond what the average Joe has interest in or could comprehend. The question now without sounding contradictory, are there any intelligent people with like minded thoughts, as to how we got here and which way you believe we should move forward. I may be wrong, but I don't see anyone really standing up to address the world, other a handful of billionaires with their own narratives, agendas, and brainwashing to keep people under their control and mind slavery (without calling any names). Thank you, for your participation to inter-react, and much appreciated, that is of course if this discussion gets off the ground and deemed worthy for further desertion.

~ Tony Lorenzo

Attachments

• Screen-Shot-2022-03-01-at-12.12.59-AM-348x180.png
    Screen-Shot-2022-03-01-at-12.12.59-AM-348x180.png
    23.5 KB · Views: 21
It seems to me that you wrote a message in a forum board where likeminded people will respond and discuss it with you, in that sense... that's how you find them, and they find you.. it's a two way street.

But, I understand what you're saying, sometimes seeing the world through the lens of a particular level of knowledge, specially when discussing said knowledge can become a source of trouble, can left one feeling isolated, alone and that can lead one to become bitter and angry and maybe even feel as though it's unfair, which I can understand.

But, personally, I see it two ways, one.. I can use the knowledge I have attained and instead of discussing it, I adapt my behavior and live that knowledge, and that will repel certain individuals, and attract certain others.. and while they do not have to agree with me entirely, bits of compatibility become apparent and sometimes that's enough.

And two, sometimes it's a bit more stimulating, and challenging, and even educating, to live in a world and have discussions with people who are not likeminded, who see reality differently, and be able to see past the disagreements and into their humanity. Not from a superior place, but rather from a place of knowing that no matter what, most everyone one runs into has something to teach. Now this doesn't mean having no boundaries or being super agreeable, but rather respectful of each individual's personal level of understanding and being considerate of their own conditions.

So, I do feel the isolation sometimes, the loneliness and it can take its toll, but on the other, trying to make the best of what we have been given, in the places we're located can be its own reward and perhaps the best way forward.

Now, the world being run by evil psychos, well that's a whole other topic I believe, because.. from what I have come to understand, it's not so much that the world is here to be overcome, but rather for it to be understood, the best way I see it is, this reality is a course, and this course necessitates having evil overlords, individual students may move on from the course, but the course will remain what it is.

I have personally come to understand that it's not the job of everyone, the job of most even, to change the world, but rather to enact some change aided by the world. That is learning, in simple terms, to allow these experiences to change one in conscious manners.

I hope the above made sense, just my two humble cents.

On a certain level, there is no “we”. (Unless, as a friend used to say, you have a mouse in your pocket.) But perhaps you are referring to the many “I’s” Gurdjieff refers to. That could be a we.

Anyway, It is always good to define terms, but that rarely occurs. What is “like minded?” Is it that 2 people see the same things and think the same thoughts? Do they come to the same conclusion, “Hey this sucks, why isn’t anybody doing anything about it?” (That said, My assumption and experience is that there is no such thing as like mindedness.)

Perhaps you don’t see people standing up for some reasons: 1 the farce 2 the people standing up do not get media attention 3 their message gets attacked and suppressed.

So, because you don’t see them doesn’t mean they are not out there. But, is it someone else’s job to give the collective more freedom?

But… I do understand. I suppress my reactions all over the place. At least half the time, that works out well. And what would I really be saying, anyway? “Hey, you and your ideas and attitude really suck and here is exactly why and how….! You should be more like me!” What good would that produce?

Life is not fair and could be so much easier and happier if only people could see the obvious and do what will benefit all. (That was me at age 12).

And now, that is still true. Nothing has changed. Perhaps it’s even worse. But trying to create heaven on earth in a 3D STS planet is a recipe for failure and disillusionment. I say, Let’s work on getting to heaven rather than putting lipstick on the pig.

However you go about finding like minded people, be patient. I used to latch on to opportunities to discuss certain topics with people having made false assumptions about them. It takes time to know how open minded someone really is, and how they feel about discussing these things. It is depressingly common to find that people often have simply reached into another layer of disinformation. Best to tread carefully until you have more information, and network about it with the people you already trust. Trust the process but do not easily give your trust to people, it is a potential source of attack.

This forum would always be the best place to start, in my experience.

Anyway, It is always good to define terms, but that rarely occurs. What is “like minded?” Is it that 2 people see the same things and think the same thoughts? Do they come to the same conclusion, “Hey this sucks, why isn’t anybody doing anything about it?” (That said, My assumption and experience is that there is no such thing as like mindedness.)
This is a very good point as well, and I thought about it after posting, so I am glad you brought it up, because the expectations of "like minded" individuals might be misplaced.

It doesn't have to be people that see the world in the same way you do, sometimes it could also mean, people that process the world in a similar way, or with similar principles or values as you do... but whom might still disagree with you in the conclusions, or in their pragmatism.

What I am saying is that, it doesn't have to mean a homogeneous outlook of reality, but a similar process of processing the information from without, if that makes sense. Because in the end, we will all remain individuals and our specific outlook on life will remain unique, and so, we can't really trust that we will arrive at the exact same conclusion, but we may trust that the path to get to whatever conclusion will be made on similar vehicles.

That may be closer to the truth of like minded individuals, how do they do what they do (thinking), and not what thinking they actually do.

Does that make sense?

Welcome to the Forum, Toni!

Good points brought up here about like-minded people, as it is more about having the mind to seek knowledge and face one's internal biases and question one's premises: "processing the information" as Alejo pointed out. The Wave series is a comprehensive case in point of this processing.

:welcome:

Like minded people I was thinking about this title and in my experience is that like minds can change based on experience motives medication trauma. I use to think like minded was a long term thing but there are also temporary like minded people I believe

Like minded people I was thinking about this title and in my experience is that like minds can change based on experience motives medication trauma. I use to think like minded was a long term thing but there are also temporary like minded people I believe
This is also true, but in that case it might be more like a temporary alignment than a likeminded approach to life. I remember aligning and resonating with very different people when I was younger, but as life threw whatever it was going to throw, I drifted away from certain groups, and I suppose they also drifted away from me.

We still manage to have courteous interactions, but the resonance in views or values has changed.

But you're also right about accidents I think, some people are changed greatly after medical interventions or accidents, but at that point they were probably lacking a certain resilience, or their path in life necessitated such a drastic change.

What's on my mind? How can I find like minded people, if I am not allow to converse about what I believe to be my convictions? Free speech, or 1st Amendment rights to speak openly in today's world and social media are a farce. So please allow me to present my argument behind such a declaration. I am well convinced that life as we live it, from the very foundations and appearance of homo sapiens, has been built on a stack deck of cards. To this very day, we have been given lies for truth and the repetition of lies are far beyond what the average Joe has interest in or could comprehend. The question now without sounding contradictory, are there any intelligent people with like minded thoughts, as to how we got here and which way you believe we should move forward. I may be wrong, but I don't see anyone really standing up to address the world, other a handful of billionaires with their own narratives, agendas, and brainwashing to keep people under their control and mind slavery (without calling any names). Thank you, for your participation to inter-react, and much appreciated, that is of course if this discussion gets off the ground and deemed worthy for further desertion.

~ Tony Lorenzo
Top of the day to you, Alejo and "Thank-You" for the first reply. I'm happy to make contact with you and hope we can further converse together to know each other better and "share" some of our individual understandings regarding our human existence on this planet. That is basically my intention, and congratulations is in order as it is clear that you have been a long time member on this forum, reached Ambassador level, and established yourself as a worthy member and loving person. Kiddos, and keep on walking.

My journey, work, and or spiritual walk begin in 1976, I was a second semester Freshman in a small University in Richmond Kentucky, who has just became a born again Christian. Little did I know then, but I had jumped on a bandwagon of personal abuse in which I would backslide for nearly 17 years, before coming to my human senses to drop the nonsense, and try to find my own meaning of life. Giving up Jesus after such a long time was a real suicidal experience, of course that would have never happened if I was introduced to this faith a small child, because the brainwashing would have been just too deep! So I was a college student and fortunately had been long reading other things beside the holy bible. So I was beginning to really question why I find myself in this body, world, and what was "my" meaning of life. I studied music theater and performance to become an Opera singer, and through the impact of this spiritual experience, I became seriously involved in writing music and songs using bible text. To this day many of these self-composed compositions have not left me. In addition, I ventured into the study of all the major world religions, as a counter to the christian faith, to try and discover if maybe I have fallen for the false one, or maybe a different religion offered a better truth or higher understanding of the human situation. It was Buddhism that eventually carried me over from the fall of christian faith, although certain teachings and quotes from "Jesus the Man" remained unchallenged, and to this day in my opinion, carry their own weight and still stand their ground. I will attempt to explain myself for the sake also of those members who might be reading or find my life story enlightening, and in spite of the attempt for some outside/inside force to railroad my spiritual life and mind, something positive did appear from the experience. The discovery of one harmony most religions all seem to share; "do unto others as you would have them do unto you". So I could live with that and moved on.

At this point, I was not even half way through my journey, and yet there was no source of trouble from feeling isolated or alone, but I surly felt the frustration from somewhat wasting nearly 20 year of my life in a faith, that was nothing more then a game of the mind, which made me somewhat bitter and angry, how I could allow myself to so easily fall into such disillusion, but I got over that pain. One of my greatest strengths, in my opinion, was to live my way and be responsible for my mistakes. We all know the saying, no man is an island, but I have the ability to walk away from people and trouble long before I could see or smell it, never to look back in grievance or need for revenge. Then, there were the social-diseases that so quickly befall our young people, alcohol, recreational drugs, tobacco, and what not, which have strong energies and pulls a person into addiction before they realize its too late. I was raised in a military family, and although my father was not what you would call a real macho super soldier, but my younger sister and I, were raised heterosexually, and it was a shock to find out in my first college years that the outside world was in general homosexual. I won't go further into that, but were talking about middle seventies, and this movement was always there but still kind of in the closet.

Finally, without to much fumbling around with Buddhism, I then took a much more serious look at philosophy. I have the advantage of living in the European community, pituitary Germany, and dived deeply into the the writings and works of Wolfgang Goethe, Fredric Nietzsche, Rudolf Steiner, Author Schopenhauer, Meister Eckhart (not Eckhart Toll), and not to leave out two very influential names Juddi Krishnamurti and Alan Watts who later quickly moved me up into metaphysics and hyper-dimensional understandings. This introduced me to the so-called Ascended Masters and the entire Helena Petrovna Blavatsky scene, but as I said, the ability to simulate their teachings and move further on was always one of my strong points. This brought me to the third-quarter of my life around end of forty to early fifty, and I was still not ripe enough or no where in a position to handle the truth that was about to fall upon me and placed in to my lap. Where I stand now, and what I believe to take with me into the grave, is what this dialog between us is all about.

Nevertheless, I was beginning to see the forest, for sake of the trees in front of me, and realized that a well-rounded understanding of life requires the knowledge and support from various disciplines such as religions, science (which in fact are the same, where one is nothing without the other), philosophy, ancient literature, and metaphysics, and how they all work together to create a well rounded critical thinker. I concluded that living inside of any "idea bubble", group, or click, is not such a good idea and that I must consider surrounding myself with people who disagree with me, as I might with them. The only catch would be, could we still love and respect each other's ideas, because "argument is failed debate". Alejo, it suddenly dawned on me how most of the things people say, could also be an attempt to cover up a much more deeply hidden and controversial secret message (aka The Truth), which normally, not usually, other people can figure out or the truth expose in another persons response. Please don't read into this wrong, I'm not referring to you, just saying that struggle and failure are a fundamental part of learning, something you also expressed, just in a different way. Perhaps you and I can embrace this fact, for I believe the real meaning of critical thinking will come to light, whatever goal that may be, and any dialog that we share together, will also begin to become fun.

In closing, thanks you again for your reply and this reading, for we seem very much like-minded. I look forward to our next exchange and future possibility of becoming more comfortable enough for the both of us to reach deeper down into ourselves and bring up hidden things, even so, as we can also reach up, to bring down more light for ourselves to see and experience, and everyone else concerned. Namáste

Welcome to the Forum, Toni!

Good points brought up here about like-minded people, as it is more about having the mind to seek knowledge and face one's internal biases and question one's premises: "processing the information" as Alejo pointed out. The Wave series is a comprehensive case in point of this processing.

:welcome:
"Thank-You", Jefferson. I'm honored to be here. I have been a silent observer and member of this forum since October 2008, but at that time, realized that I was not ripe enough to converse with members of this forum, because I was not sure of myself, what I believed in, neither how to clearly articulate myself. It's taken me another 15 years or so and finally I feel that I can stand my own ground and whatever might be thrown at me. People tend to shoot first and ask questions later, or leap before they look (just an observation), but meeting two or more like-minded people creates something new where everyone collectively may suddenly access the experiences of new information and knowledge from conversing together, to become a "Group" that is much stronger allowing everyone to learn different viewpoints, identify blind spots, and to work on ideas together in a tremendously efficient way. I look forward in conversing with, and do enjoy the Holiday season, however you see fit. "Hail Caesar"!

:hug:

However you go about finding like minded people, be patient. I used to latch on to opportunities to discuss certain topics with people having made false assumptions about them. It takes time to know how open minded someone really is, and how they feel about discussing these things. It is depressingly common to find that people often have simply reached into another layer of disinformation. Best to tread carefully until you have more information, and network about it with the people you already trust. Trust the process but do not easily give your trust to people, it is a potential source of attack.

This forum would always be the best place to start, in my experience.
Ben, thanks for this seasoned advice. Perhaps, you may have already seen that I just spilled my guts out in a reply to Alejo, who really vibrated with me in his response to my opening statement. I felt relaxed enough without hesitation to share in a reply exactly what brought me here, how I feel, and roughly about where I would like this conversation to go. Yes, I will be patient and lets see where this goes.

Attachments

• johannwolfgangvongoethe7.jpg
    johannwolfgangvongoethe7.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 9
Hi Toni, thanks for your detailed reply, and Welcome on the active part of the forum. :-)
and dived deeply into the the writings and works of Wolfgang Goethe, Fredric Nietzsche, Rudolf Steiner, Author Schopenhauer, Meister Eckhart
I've read quite a few of Steiner's books/conferences and would be interested in sharing/learning around that subject... His work is so vast (I came to Steiner by the way of agricultural practices just to say...), maybe by this process may we bring some knowledge to the group too.

Once again, welcome.

Ben, thanks for this seasoned advice. Perhaps, you may have already seen that I just spilled my guts out in a reply to Alejo, who really vibrated with me in his response to my opening statement. I felt relaxed enough without hesitation to share in a reply exactly what brought me here, how I feel, and roughly about where I would like this conversation to go.

I'm glad to hear you say that because it is exactly what we are trying to encourage from people here. My earlier post was more a reference to face to face interactions in the outside world. Hopefully you have seen for yourself that this forum has deliberately cultivated a much safer environment. It is firmly but fairly moderated in a way which I have personally found to be unsurpassed. The key to this is a collective knowledge and awareness based on research into human behaviour and psychology. This gives an understanding of the importance of protecting any network from the influence of various pathologies, while at the same time being patient and gentle enough to allow well intentioned people to grow and flourish.

~ Tony Lorenzo
I just discovered by accident yesterday that two of my cousins are like-minded and have been afraid to talk about it even with extended family for fear of being thought space-brains. One of my cousins has been having visions for years and is practiced in meditation. I started a chat with the two of them so we may share ideas.

Sometimes like-minded people are right nearby, but you won't know unless you come up with some probing questions that reveal their ideas.

Back
Top Bottom