Photos and videos of our amazing 2D residents

_0000498%20copy_180425091839.jpg

The Large frogmouth, or Batrachostomus auritus, native to Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, and Brunei, is a species of bird in the family Podargidae, considerably larger than other members of its genus and grows to a length of about 42 cm (17 in).

oiseaux-uniques-magnifiques-009.jpg

large-frogmouth-bird-and-its-baby.jpg

Sizeable nightbird with deep black eyes and wispy pale whiskers above its eyes that give it the appearance of a distinguished professor. Warm, pale, brown overall with bright white spots on the wings. Despite its size, this lowland rainforest giant can be cryptic and difficult to find; roosts under cover by day and hunts from a perch by night. Favors undisturbed primary forest, but also occasionally in disturbed areas. Song is a mellow rolling tremolo; calls include barks and screeches. Source

The other day I was looking for Frank, normally when I call his name he comes straight to me. But he was nowhere to be seen, then after my second round I discovered him sitting in the garden of the church. Only he didn't react, he pretended not to know me. He was in fact socializing with a female cat.

Apparently he had other priorities at the time.

It is not a best photo, but this is Frank and I think his girlfriend.

dfaddadfa.jpg

Ok, we need to smile. It is good for our wrinkles? Mines, anyway. ja ja

OMG @loreta ! You don't know how close to the truth this can be.

I once had a dog, Molly, who was very bright and honestly, she came back to me as another dog, Archie...whom I'd like to speak of later....but back to Molly. She and I had recently moved and found a new vet. We brought home a doogie welcome kit from the vet, and included was a box of biscuits.

I came home from work one day and heard the tv in my bedroom playing. I went to check on this, since I knew I didn't leave it on, nor was it on in the morning, before I left for work.

So I go in my room, and there's Molly, laying down on my bed, head up watching tv. In front of her forepaws was the tv remote, which I kept on the nightstand, and the new box of cookies, which I hadn't opened and were in the kitchen on the counter when I left. A corner of the biscuit box was chewed open and 3 or 4 dog cookies were in a pile in front of her! She gave me a passing look and returned to watching the tv....🤣

A Friesian horse mother who gives birth to a stillborn foal and of a foal (not a Friesian one) who has just been born and whose mother died just after giving birth to him.

Friesian horses are all black, standing tall at 15-17 hands. They have muscular bodies and elegant gaits that make them seem extremely dignified. Though the breed nearly went extinct on several occasions, they’re growing in popularity today, which is helping the breed to grow in numbers as well.
Source

Friesian-horses.webp

A Friesian horse mother who gives birth to a stillborn foal and of a foal (not a Friesian one) who has just been born and whose mother died just after giving birth to him.

Source

Friesian-horses.webp
Horses are amazing. In front of them I always feel a lot of wonder and respect, like to be in front of a very not just wild beast but very ancient, from the past of humanity. Thanks for the video.

Sorry to say, but that image is a miniature reproduction of a bird, taken from someone's Facebook page.

But this is the bird they were referring to...

Mellisuga helenae / Bee Hummingbird​

Smallest bird in the world
Also known as Zunzuncito or Helena hummingbird

Native to Cuba (Classified as 'near threatened')

Move their wings 80 times a SECOND!!!
Up to 200 times a second when courting a female.

Phenomenal + mind blowing...

Next time I think I am exhausted, I will think of these exquisite little miracles...
how divine they are 🥰

zunzuncito female.png
Female

Screen Shot 2022-11-26 at 3.02.49 pm.png
Male

Male Bee Hummingbird.png
Male

zunzuncito palm.png
Male

zunzuncito nest + eggs.png
Bee hummingbird nest and eggs - for perspective...

Nest + eggs.png
Oh the beauty!

zunzuncito nest.png
Imagine how tiny these babies are! Must get a bit crowded in that nest while she is feeding them for up to 40 days.

zunzuncito male.png
Male...

Some facts/info here

Some beautiful footage in this video:

Back
Top Bottom