Potential Food and Energy Shortage Across the World

He is regularly posting on the Telegram channel Ice Age Farmer. The latest post was about 14 hours ago.
Thanks - he has certainly dropped the ball on all his other channels and even his own website as far as I can tell. I don't see or remember any real explanation. It seems odd for someone so conscientious and I am reluctant to sign up for either Telegram or Twitter but, that's the way it goes. Thanks, again.

I saw another such example in Italy a couple of days ago where a tiny ice cream shop displayed its July electricity bill which amounted to 7,400 EUR. A hotel owner told me that all their margin was eaten by the increase in costs. Their July electricity bill had gone up from 16-17K EUR last year to 75K EUR and the food costs for their restaurant had risen 25-30%. He said they would manage due to the high number of guests that came this summer but they weren't sure about other businesses nearby and how they would survive this fall.

This made me think about the article claiming that 6 out of 10 manufacturers in the UK were at risk of closing. When I first read it, I thought it was exaggerating the numbers to attract more readers and to instil fear, but getting first-hand information from business owners was very revealing.

Some examples of new monthly prices for gas in Germany:

First tweet: from 69,- to 477,- per month

Second tweet: from 180 to 644 per month

Third tweet: doubled.

And that's not even counting electricity costs, which have also skyrocketed!

Meanwhile, Robert Habeck, Germany's brilliant Green Minister of Economy and Climate Change (haha), had an embarrassing interview on TV that even the shill of a host couldn't believe and asked critical questions. He basically said that some companies, including small businesses like bakeries, might have to simply stop working for a while because it won't be profitable due to high energy prices etc. But then he says "don't worry, they won't go bankrupt, they will just have to stop producing for a while" :headbash:

See here: German economy minister under fire after comments on insolvencies

It seems that the de-industrialization of the western world is going according to the plan which would lead eventually to the economic collapse of most of the western countries which I think is what is being wanted by someone in order to achieve the economic reset thus building the foundation for a "better" economic system along with a "better" social/political/cultural system where everyone is part of a woke hive mind.

I remember when Draghi became Italy's prime Minister back in February 2021 has stated during a press release that during the so called "green transition", those businesses that won't be able to survive will be considered as a dead weight the Government won't be willing to carry on its shoulders. Though, at the time not many have paid attention to his prophetic speech. My guess is that things will start getting way worse in the next few months because there is no one in the higher power echelons that want to stop the upcoming economic disaster and you already start to hear that at least some countries in Europe are already mobilizing the police forces as if they're expecting eventual angry protests, riots and violence on the streets to deal with during the transition.

It's not a pretty picture from where I sit though, will see how things will develop in the next few months. I guess preparation for the worst isn't a bad idea at this point.

Just a few thoughts.

"There is a threat of significant gaps in the food supply in Germany"
The frozen and fresh food industry in Germany warns of imminent production stops in the food industry in view of high energy prices and calls for state aid. "There is a threat of significant supply gaps in the daily food supply for people in Germany. The situation is more than serious," reads an open letter from the industry addressed to Chancellor Olaf Scholz (SPD), Federal Minister of Economics Robert Habeck and Federal Minister of Food Cem Özdemir (both Greens).
"Companies now fear the imminent shutdown of production lines and the closure of refrigerated logistics centers for food distribution. Some are even already preparing for possible insolvency." This is because the earnings situation is deteriorating by the day and the liquidity situation is becoming increasingly tense, he added. "It's one minute to twelve."
"The food industry is currently experiencing the most severe crisis since the end of the Second World War," states the letter, which was initiated by the German Frozen Food Institute (DTI) and the Association of German Cold Storage and Cold Logistics Companies (VDKL) and also signed by five other food industry associations.
These include the German Meat Industry Association (VDF), the German Fish Association and the German Fruit Trade Association (DFHV). Despite this, there is no financial support for frozen food producers, cold stores and logistics companies, the complaint says.
But according to the industry associations, this can already quickly lead to empty shelves in supermarkets and discounters. "Act now - otherwise the refrigerators and freezers for the German population will soon remain empty," the letters say.
In any case, the frozen food industry has long been preparing for crisis scenarios, DTI Managing Director Sabine Eichner told WELT. "The situation is tense and the load limit has been reached, so the companies will have to reduce their product ranges in case of an emergency.
Özdemir does not answer
The associations involved are now appealing to the German government to provide financial support for particularly energy-intensive SMEs. "Open up the energy cost containment program to all medium-sized companies in the frozen food chain in the short term," the letter says.
And quickly. "Announcements help and are not enough," warn the signatories, who also call for "top priority" in securing Germany's energy supply.

Last edited:
Whilst discussing the probability of looming food shortages and the subsequent unrest on this The Duran podcast, Alexander Mercouris said that he has studied famine extensively and his understanding is that famines tend to happen in spring time.

That may be obvious to some, and i can understand the reasons why, at least in the past, it might be more likely to happen in spring - food sources have been depleted and harvest is many months away - but i hadn't realised that there was an identifiable trend.

Obviously it may be different in our time, and for different regions, and i haven't checked his claim out myself, but Mercouris is generally reliable, and i thought it was at least an interesting point to consider when thinking about what's up ahead.

In the podcast they speculate that it is in the spring, when the food shortages really begin to bite, and because the weather is less harsh during the day time, that people will be more likely to be out on the streets. The last part seemed to be true of the Yellow Vest protests.

Breaking - massive fire at Rungis International Market in Paris - the second largest wholesale market in the world. Somewhat suspicious?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fire breaks out at world's biggest produce market in Paris​

Paris firefighters are battling a warehouse blaze at a massive produce market that supplies France’s capital and its surrounding region with much of its fresh food and bills itself as the largest of its kind in the world.

Footage shared on social media of the blaze Sunday at the Rungis market showed a tower of dark smoke billowing high into the air.

Firefighters are urging people to stay away from the area, in the south of Paris, while they tackle the blaze.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Rungis International Market (French: Marché International de Rungis) is the principal market of Paris, mainly for food and horticultural products, located in the commune of Rungis, in the southern suburbs. It is the second largest wholesale food market in the world. The first one is La Central de Abastos, located in Mexico city, with 327 ha..

....The market is the property of the French State and administered by the Semmaris (Société d'Economie Mixte d'Aménagement et de gestion du marché d'intérêt national de Rungis).

With bad news now an everyday thing, get ready for severe food shortages before the holidays.
At least that’s what U.S. farmers say. They’ve been plagued by droughts, heat, high fuel and fertilizer costs, labor shortages, fires at processing plants – you name it.

The outlook for American crop production isn’t too good. In fact, the food you see in your grocery stores won’t be so plentiful a few months from now. That’s because it takes time to grow food – and the current cutbacks in food production spell disaster in the very near future.

Food shortages are also coming from overseas. Farmers worldwide are experiencing the same problems simultaneously. And there’s no way out.

Dare to Prepare for Food Shortages!

These inevitable food shortages mean one thing: Prepare Now to Survive Tomorrow. It doesn’t mean you’re paranoid – it means you’re smart.

There’s one preparedness company that’s on the side of the American family. They’re actually CHARGING LESS so they can HELP families MORE.

My Patriot Supply is the nation’s largest preparedness company, with millions of satisfied customers. Right now – but for a limited time only – you’ll SAVE 20% when you order their 3-Month Emergency Food Kit.
Your family will love this food. It contains a wide variety of delicious breakfasts, lunches, dinners, drinks, and snacks – enough for one person for three solid months.

Be sure to get one kit per person in your care. (Plus, extra for unexpected guests.) In a severe crisis, many people’s lives could be depending on what YOU decide right now.
So, take this opportunity to stock-up on these lifesaving 3-Month Emergency Food Kits. ACT NOW and you’ll SAVE a whopping 20% PER KIT!

Your order ships FAST and FREE – and arrives in unmarked boxes for your privacy. The peace of mind that comes from having your family’s future food needs already taken care of – especially in the days when there’s no food to be found anywhere – is priceless.

You can now prepare for “the worst” – and do it affordably with this 20% Discount/Kit. CLICK HERE to get your 20% savings on each 3-Month Food Kit you need. The meals are easy-to-prepare and provide 2,000+ calories a day to keep up your strength and energy when you’re under stress. Plus, this food is specially packaged to stay fresh for up to 25 years in proper storage. No refrigeration required – just a cool, dry, dark, safe place. You’ll rest easy, knowing that no matter what happens down the road, you and your family won’t suffer.

CLICK HERE to SAVE 20% on your 3-Month Emergency Food Kits today. This is the affordable way to build your “emergency food portfolio.” And if the day ever comes when you need to fall back on this food, it will be worth much more than what you paid for it. That’s a promise.​

1664300479004.png

1664300843061.png

The tanking economic outlook.

1664302271000.png
1664302332023.png

Some examples of new monthly prices for gas in Germany:

First tweet: from 69,- to 477,- per month

Second tweet: from 180 to 644 per month

Third tweet: doubled.

And that's not even counting electricity costs, which have also skyrocketed!

Meanwhile, Robert Habeck, Germany's brilliant Green Minister of Economy and Climate Change (haha), had an embarrassing interview on TV that even the shill of a host couldn't believe and asked critical questions. He basically said that some companies, including small businesses like bakeries, might have to simply stop working for a while because it won't be profitable due to high energy prices etc. But then he says "don't worry, they won't go bankrupt, they will just have to stop producing for a while" :headbash:

See here: German economy minister under fire after comments on insolvencies
Just to add from Austria.

My daughters bill for electricity raised from 40 € / month to 260/month. A waiter in Vienna told me that his father who is running a cleaning office has to pay 550% more than last year. One can imagine what will happen . . . My contract with the electricity company lasts until next april. They will not raise until then. Meanwhile I try to avoid electricity as far as possible. For instance: in the evening I use candles in the anteroom and also in other rooms where I do not have to stay for longer. Does not mean much, probably, but ...

And what is more: The rents for apartments are bound to a so called price index. Meaning: The higher the inflation rate the higher the prices for renting an apartment. 550% will raise the index enormously, I guess.

About food I don´t know so much. Whipped cream - which I use for coffee - raised from 1,16 to 1,59 within 8 months. If you see that in percent it is heavy, too. The butter I use is nearly the same price.
Green beans are hard to get. If you buy fresh ones you will have to pay 9 €/kg, which is a lot. I remember two years ago they were at 4€. And you nearly get them in tin cans. Don't know why. Maybe they are hard to produce.
The price for wooden Briquettes rose from 2,69 to 6,69./10 kg. 1m3 wood coasts 95 instead of 85 last year.
What amazes me most is that they don't give an explanation for the rising electricity prices. We don't get electricity from Ukraine - so that cannot be used as an argument. So it is all made by ??? Don't know what people believe.

Back
Top Bottom