Putin Recognizes Donbass Republics, Sends Russian Military to 'Denazify' Ukraine

Strangely, quoting posts does not work for me right now, so I will just copy the text from @bjorn :

Putin says that Russia is responding with strong restraint to Ukrainian acts of terror, saying that this is only for the time being.

Putin says that Russian Armed Forces strikes on Ukrainian infrastructure were carried out as a warning to the Ukrainian administration.

Putin says Russia is in no hurry in Ukraine

Putin commented on the Ukrainian counter offensive — says he recommends that people should wait and see “how it will end” for the Ukrainians

Putin: Kiev government have announced that they have launched an active counter-offensive operation. Well, let's see how it ends for them

And I add this one:

Putin: The plan for the Special Military Operation is not subject to adjustment. The General Staff makes operational decisions in the course of the operation. The main goal is the liberation of the entire territory of Donbass.

/ And here I made screenshots of Boris Rozhin's Telegram channel (a Crimean man known as Colonel Cassad), look at the reaction of his subscribers to Putin's first theses (except added the last by me). They are all outraged and displeased :)

IMG_20220916_195805.jpg IMG_20220916_195834.jpg

And now about the last point, which I wrote about a few days ago here, that Russia has again changed the stated goals of its military operation (at least publicly): only the liberation of Donbass is mentioned. Perhaps everything else is no longer the main goals (demilitarization, denazification, Ukraine's recognition of Crimea as part of Russia, etc.) and is a kind of "if we do this as a result, then okay, if not, then no, we'll think of something later," i.e. side scenarios. I hope that's not the case. /

Рыбарь
[Video at link] Consequences of massive shelling by the AFU of the town of Valuiki in the Belgorod region of Russia (neighboring the Kharkiv region, which the AFU regained control of after the "planned regrouping" of Russian units).
After the shelling, eight civilian homes were completely destroyed, and the local electrical substation was severely damaged. Several vehicles were also destroyed.

/ Russian channels and propaganda continue to make statements "don't panic, everything is fine, don't fall for the enemy's psychological operations. Of course, no one panics in Moscow, because all these events are far away from there. Therefore, people in regions that are subject to shelling, terrorist attacks, and attacks by Ukrainian troops should also not succumb to panic and the "tricks of the Internet trolls. And the evacuation of the local population because of the shelling and their threats the authorities succinctly call "the residents decided to go elsewhere. All is calm."
I think Russian propaganda confuses the definitions of "sowing panic / working for enemy forces of psychological operations" with the definition of informing the population and warning them of threats. /

Strangely, quoting posts does not work for me right now, so I will just copy the text from @bjorn :

And I add this one:

Putin: The plan for the Special Military Operation is not subject to adjustment. The General Staff makes operational decisions in the course of the operation. The main goal is the liberation of the entire territory of Donbass.

/ And here I made screenshots of Boris Rozhin's Telegram channel (a Crimean man known as Colonel Cassad), look at the reaction of his subscribers to Putin's first theses (except added the last by me). They are all outraged and displeased :)

View attachment 64043 View attachment 64044

And now about the last point, which I wrote about a few days ago here, that Russia has again changed the stated goals of its military operation (at least publicly): only the liberation of Donbass is mentioned. Perhaps everything else is no longer the main goals (demilitarization, denazification, Ukraine's recognition of Crimea as part of Russia, etc.) and is a kind of "if we do this as a result, then okay, if not, then no, we'll think of something later," i.e. side scenarios. I hope that's not the case. /

Рыбарь
[Video at link] Consequences of massive shelling by the AFU of the town of Valuiki in the Belgorod region of Russia (neighboring the Kharkiv region, which the AFU regained control of after the "planned regrouping" of Russian units).
After the shelling, eight civilian homes were completely destroyed, and the local electrical substation was severely damaged. Several vehicles were also destroyed.

/ Russian channels and propaganda continue to make statements "don't panic, everything is fine, don't fall for the enemy's psychological operations. Of course, no one panics in Moscow, because all these events are far away from there. Therefore, people in regions that are subject to shelling, terrorist attacks, and attacks by Ukrainian troops should also not succumb to panic and the "tricks of the Internet trolls. And the evacuation of the local population because of the shelling and their threats the authorities succinctly call "the residents decided to go elsewhere. All is calm."
I think Russian propaganda confuses the definitions of "sowing panic / working for enemy forces of psychological operations" with the definition of informing the population and warning them of threats. /

All goals will be achieved.

The war has lasted 6 months. Other wars like the first Gulf War lasted 9 months. What about the Korean War, or the Vietnam War which took years and are better compared to the scale.

It's going to take some time. Personally, I think it will end sometime next year. We will see.

Which is impossible without the demilterization and denazification of Ukraine. You can interpret this in different ways. Just know that other Russian government officials, like Medvedev also recently said that all goals will be archived. And I'm sure Putin meant the same.

All goals will be achieved.

The war has lasted 6 months. Other wars like the first Gulf War lasted 9 months. What about the Korean War, or the Vietnam War which took years and are better compared to the scale.

It's going to take some time. Personally, I think it will end sometime next year. We will see.

Of course, we all believe this (without sarcasm).
Only, if, as it is claimed, the Ukrainian army's irretrievable losses in six months of war are 300,000 soldiers, how many more will be killed in combat and missile strikes on barracks in the rear of Ukrainian cities over the next 12 months, for example?

And we must also add to this the heavy losses of the civilian population in the coming winter. The Ukrainian government paints a very grim picture in its social networks, directly telling Ukrainians that they will face harsh trials, hunger and cold, and that especially urban residents will suffer the most (since they have no possibility to heat their homes with firewood, as residents of villages and private sector) and that entire cities may have to be evacuated to other regions, but even this will not solve the problems and will only create new ones.

Russia is taking its time in the pace of its "defense and liberation of the Russian people of Ukraine," and for the many of population of Ukraine, this is the death sentence. The longer the conflict drags on, the more casualties among the population, not to mention the forced mobilization. This is the tragedy of an entire country. Even if it is karma, it is still sad and painful.

Russia is taking its time in the pace of its "defense and liberation of the Russian people of Ukraine," and for the many of population of Ukraine, this is the death sentence.

Taking their time, as in, not taking unnecessary risks. For now, the Russians will mainly retreat, regroup, retake all of the purpose of forming strong defensive clusters. This will be the main strategy until the Ukrainian army depleted their counter attacks enough so that RU forces can can take the initiative and start the offensive.

But yes, in the main time. Ukrainians have to hold on. But salvation is near.

OSIT. (Or so I think)

Hang on!

The point is that the psychopaths in the Ukrainian government replenish this army, which is being destroyed, at the expense of the population.

Every army is wary of forcing a large amount of people to fight with them, because giving people weapons can also lead to mass rebellion. They will be very reluctant to do that.

Perhaps you can take some comfort in this. I don't know.

Only, if, as it is claimed, the Ukrainian army's irretrievable losses in six months of war are 300,000 soldiers, how many more will be killed in combat and missile strikes on barracks in the rear of Ukrainian cities over the next 12 months, for example?

When the expected economic collapse of the West happens this conflict will die down. No more financial support for the Zelensky regime, no more expensive weaponry, no more highly paid mercenaries.

I honestly hope that the Russians will not repeat the mistake of having to recede from territories where the local population were promised they would be protected against the fascist thugs, while they had to be left behind to face ugly (or deadly) reprisals.

fwiw:​

"Germany will have ‘best equipped’ army in Europe – Scholz"​

"on Friday, Scholz said his government’s priority was to turn the country’s military into a “foundation pillar” of Europe’s defense."

“Germany is ready to take on the responsibility in a leading position,” Scholz said, adding that the German military should become the “best equipped strike force in Europe” in the months and years ahead."

"Germany has created a special fund of €100 billion to upgrade its military."

"Another “Herculean task” awaits Berlin next year," (you have to get through this winter first Bobo!)

"Scholz went on to say that he expected Russia to remain the European Union's main adversary for the foreseeable future."

"its “core mission” should always be the “protection of freedom in Europe,” Scholz argued."

Article below:

Yep, Poland wants reparations from Russia too...

There is a saying in Polish that doesn't seem to have a corresponding one in English: "If everyone then everyone, the grandma included" meaning that (when applied in the context at hand) if we go after everyone then there should be no exceptions. Following the rule, Poland should demand reparations from Ukraine too. Volhynia massacres, owning now formerly Polish lands, etc...

I think just considering this logical next step would make the gov's heads spinning faster than a dentist drill and could put an end to that idiocracy.

Moscow calls for criminal prosecution of Polish president

Moscow should support Polish demand of reparations from Germany (and Ukraine) instead. The resulting cognitive dissonance combined with zugzwang-like situation would have the same effect as mentioned above.

Sorry for the sarcasm, but how else one can comment on such madmen's 'bright' ideas.

Last edited:
These are not decision-making centers.
It means to scare the Ukrainian elite so much that they have no desire to do so.
And even if Zelensky or anyone else in the leadership were destroyed
The Ukrainian elite are not decision making centers either. They're expendable puppets like Biden.

And even if Zelensky or anyone else in the leadership were destroyed, it would at least create chaos in Kiev for a while and distract them from carrying out their own terrorist attacks and political assassinations.
the Ukrainian psychopathic government remains untouchable and continues this carnage and terrorist attacks.
I know that the Ukrainian government is completely controlled from London and Washington, everyone understands that.
Since the controllers are not the Ukranian elite, I'm not sure the controllers would be stopped from more terrorist attacks and assassinations if the Ukranian elite was destroyed.

Russia's restraint, as compared to US scorched earth warfare, appears to have convinced the majority of the countries of the world to support Russia. This is a world war, so world support is important.

I honestly hope that the Russians will not repeat the mistake of having to recede from territories where the local population were promised they would be protected against the fascist thugs, while they had to be left behind to face ugly (or deadly) reprisals.
It already happened again this month at the areas of retreat, so it is devastating for the people left behind.

What's your currently held view regarding Medvedev?

That he is not a leader in his own right. In the past he was put in the position of presidential power and may be put in this position again, but the success of his ruling and influence on Russia will be dependant on the quality of people who will be de facto running the country in the background. It's nothing unusual, but still very unfortunate, after having a real leader in power for so long.

The Ukrainian armed forces once again launched artillery strikes in the center of Donetsk. At least four civilians were killed, including passengers in a burnt-out car.
According to local sources, fragments of shells from French 155mm CAESAR howitzers were found there.

The building of the Voroshilov district administration was hit by four artillery shells. One of them hit the roof of the top floor, where the Oplot TV channel's editorial office is located. In addition, other shells hit Lenin Square, the building of the Ministry of Justice of the republic, the Main Post Office, and in the immediate vicinity of the Drama Theater.

Several videos are available at the links:
Рыбарь
Colonelcassad
Colonelcassad
Mash

Ukrainian troops once again shelled the village of Krasny Khutor in the border territories of Belgorod region, one woman was wounded.
Some of the shells over the region were shot down by anti-aircraft defense forces.
Рыбарь

Also at about 13:00, from the outskirts of my city, Ukrainian artillery started shelling toward Energodar again. A couple of dozen minutes later there were explosions from return fire, some of them very close to my house, and even an alarm went off on a car nearby. I was in the yard and heard all these shots, both from here and here. Also, local Ukrainian chats again reported rocket hits on our area from a Russian assault helicopter (probably Ka-52) from the direction of Energodar.
Ukrainian artillery is still firing as I write this text (almost 2 hours at the moment of posting this text).

And last night was very hot, with Russian artillery firing on us from 6 p.m., and then as night fell, there was also massive shelling, which went on all night long. I almost didn't sleep all night because of it. Today, Yevtushenko (head of the Nikopol District Military Administration) stated that overnight, Russian MLRS and howitzers fired more than 90 shells at my city, Nikopol and another district (a school there was completely destroyed, and among other damages listed a lyceum, a production shop, a gas pipeline and power lines, many residential buildings, cars, etc.).
Here are some pictures they published (as usual, no pictures of what military positions and equipment were damaged during the return fire).

IMG_20220917_141830_356.jpg IMG_20220917_141833_938.jpg IMG_20220917_141832_639.jpg IMG_20220917_144640_508.jpg IMG_20220917_144645_198.jpg IMG_20220917_144653_196.jpg IMG_20220917_144655_890.jpg IMG_20220917_144659_636.jpg IMG_20220917_144702_095.jpg IMG_20220917_144704_612.jpg

However, I still cannot understand why Russian counterbattery forces do not monitor Ukrainian artillery positions from the air in order to preemptively strike them as soon as Ukrainian artillery is deployed in their positions for firing.
Instead, the Russians wait for dozens of shots to be fired at the nuclear power plant, Energodar, and the surrounding settlements, for them to have more casualties in manpower and equipment, and only then, SEVERAL HOURS later, the Russians start returning fire.
Why can't they just destroy all detected AFU military equipment (and all artillery as main targets) BEFORE they once again begin their fire? To stop this and minimize the shelling of the nuclear plant and Russia's own military positions and supply and ammo depots. Especially considering that there is a large percentage of the local population in the "liberated" territories who are still on Zelensky's side and give to AFU and security services all movings and positions of Russian troops and civilian activists.
All in all, it is extremely strange, if not to say stupid. Every day they lose soldiers and civilians dead and wounded, and they do nothing to negate it all. This is another example of Russian indifference in times of war and "we're not rushing anywhere, let's just wait and see what the Ukrainians do (how they shelling at us and destroy buildings, equipment and civilians).

They know that when Russia wins, American hegemony will be officially over.

NATO will continue to support Ukraine this winter,” said Admiral Rob Bauer, head of the NATO Military Committee.

“The military conflict in Ukraine is much larger than this country, the entire world order is at risk. Winter is coming, but our support will remain invincible,” said Admiral Bauer

Back
Top Bottom