Potential Food and Energy Shortage Across the World

See this article below for evidence that periods of warming, induced by the sun, are actually what trigger global cooling. This has to do with the relationship between sun-induced warming, the AMOC, or Gulf Stream, and global temperature regulation. The sun's decreased sunspot intensity also makes the jet stream go all wonky, which can lead to arctic flows descending below its usual latitudes, which I think is what caused the freak cold in Texas a while back.

And if you haven't had a chance yet, read Pierre and Laura's Earth Changes: The Human-Cosmic Connection. It gives a broad overview of plasma cosmology as a foundation for understanding these dynamics.

Easy there, tiger - an 'I am special' attitude isn't a very good mode of being to entertain for the times ahead...
Well, this "Easy there tiger...." was rude and unnecessary. My attitude wasn't "I'm special..." at all. If you got it that way, it's you.

Ah, it is snowing in several states in the US in the middle of summer. Also, in Canada. Also in places in Europe and Asia.

And, since many temperature gathering devices have been place in cities where it is always hotter because of buildings and paved streets and parking lots, hot temperatures gathered at these places are not reliable data. And, there have been reports that some of the so-called "hottest temperatures ever" have happened before and some occur regularly.

You may want to look at some of the threads here that talk about weather and climate to get some more info. And, there are articles on sott.net that could help with gathering info.
Thank you. I have already found some other info that was a missing part of puzzle.

Well, this "Easy there tiger...." was rude and unnecessary. My attitude wasn't "I'm special..." at all. If you got it that way, it's you.

I don't think so.

It's kinda hard to know exactly what someone means when only interacting through text. You start to get a knack for it after a while when reading a post, even if there is no benefit of witnessing someone's voice tone, body language, facial features, or have a history of interactions with someone that can build up a set of possible phrases, behaviours, and mental-emotional states. Maybe there's a tendency to be sarcastic, or very direct, etc. We're all getting to know each other. And we're also all in the process of practicing the art form of interacting in healthy, objective ways.

Your question was "Am I the only one trying to figure this out objectively?". When I read this, what comes to my mind is that this forum is a group of people with precisely the life goal of trying to figure things out objectively. I don't know why someone would ask the above question unless (1) they weren't aware of the incredible, Herculean research efforts that have gone into this forum, or (2) they had an inflated sense of their own specialness, ie. they are convinced they are "the only one trying to figure things out objectively." No matter what way I look at it, it's self-important.

If you want, you could enlighten me as to why you wrote that sentence. If I am misinterpreting, what did you actually mean?

In the meantime - you can read about the weather all you want, but it's also absolutely vital to understand yourself objectively. One can come to the truth about the external world, but such research only goes so far if one is still lying to oneself about the undeveloped state of one's Being. In my own experience, in the recent past I was convinced I was very smart and very special for a long time. In other words, I was deluded. With the help of fellow forumites, I came to realize how ignorant and arrogant I was. Coming to these understandings - the terror of our own internal situation - is incredibly threatening. It's painful. There's a reason the alchemists used the metaphor of the 'heating of the crucible' to discuss the process of seeking Truth, which is like an intense blaze, burning away all of the acculturated lies, trash, gunk and associated habits and programs that comprise the false personality, which is the operating system within us that allows us to be manipulated by 4D STS.

The Work constitutes turning towards the pain with a sort of Reasoned Faith, knowing that walking through the fire is essential in purifying the gold of the soul.

I don't think so.

It's kinda hard to know exactly what someone means when only interacting through text. You start to get a knack for it after a while when reading a post, even if there is no benefit of witnessing someone's voice tone, body language, facial features, or have a history of interactions with someone that can build up a set of possible phrases, behaviours, and mental-emotional states. Maybe there's a tendency to be sarcastic, or very direct, etc. We're all getting to know each other. And we're also all in the process of practicing the art form of interacting in healthy, objective ways.

Your question was "Am I the only one trying to figure this out objectively?". When I read this, what comes to my mind is that this forum is a group of people with precisely the life goal of trying to figure things out objectively. I don't know why someone would ask the above question unless (1) they weren't aware of the incredible, Herculean research efforts that have gone into this forum, or (2) they had an inflated sense of their own specialness, ie. they are convinced they are "the only one trying to figure things out objectively." No matter what way I look at it, it's self-important.

If you want, you could enlighten me as to why you wrote that sentence. If I am misinterpreting, what did you actually mean?

In the meantime - you can read about the weather all you want, but it's also absolutely vital to understand yourself objectively. One can come to the truth about the external world, but such research only goes so far if one is still lying to oneself about the undeveloped state of one's Being. In my own experience, in the recent past I was convinced I was very smart and very special for a long time. In other words, I was deluded. With the help of fellow forumites, I came to realize how ignorant and arrogant I was. Coming to these understandings - the terror of our own internal situation - is incredibly threatening. It's painful. There's a reason the alchemists used the metaphor of the 'heating of the crucible' to discuss the process of seeking Truth, which is like an intense blaze, burning away all of the acculturated lies, trash, gunk and associated habits and programs that comprise the false personality, which is the operating system within us that allows us to be manipulated by 4D STS.

The Work constitutes turning towards the pain with a sort of Reasoned Faith, knowing that walking through the fire is essential in purifying the gold of the soul.
Well, the Work has done great for you given that you judge a person you have never met basing your opinion on only 1 post on internet. Yes,you were rude and superficial, and yes again, you have a lot of free time (considering how long is your last post for a such trivial thing). I will be happy to explain what I meant by "Am I the only one....." as soon as you apologize, because being polite is the first element for civilized conversation. Actually,if that question triggered something in you (and obviously it did), you could have asked me BEFORE being rude. This is what polite people do. Take up the REAL Work men!

Mmm...
Things happen and one can't help but be suspicious.
Rogers network experiencing Canada-wide wireless and internet outage
Telecommunications giant Rogers is experiencing a massive outage on Friday morning that is impacting wireless, cable and internet customers across the country.

The outage began some time in the early hours of Friday morning, with a wide variety of services impacted.

Just before 9 a.m. ET on Friday, the company confirmed via its Twitter account that something was indeed awry.
Flanker brands are also affected, including Fido.

Internet monitoring watchdog group reports that total internet traffic in Canada was at 75 per cent of its normal level on Friday morning.

Even services not directly controlled by Rogers, such as emergency services, travel and financial networks, are impacted.

The Toronto Police Service tweeted that Rogers customers in that city were having trouble connecting to 911.

"We are working to resolve these issues," the force said.

The outages also appeared to be impacting Interac and wholesale re-sellers of Rogers services. TekSavvy tweeted from its online help account that its own services were down and there is "no ETA" about when it might be restored.

The Confederation Bridge between P.E.I. and New Brunswick reported that it has lost the ability to process debit payments, and is currently only accepting cash, credit or gift cards in exchange for payment.

CBC Nova Scotia reported an inability to use bank machines in the area. Bank machines in and around Toronto were also not functional.

CBC News has reached out to the Canadian Bankers Association and officials at Interac for confirmation of issues, but those requests have not been immediately returned.

Ottawa's transit agency, OC Transpo, told its customers it is experiencing "technical issues with the internet and are unable to provide some telephone services."

CBC's radio station in Kitchener, Ont., has been taken offline and off the air as a result of the outage.

It's the second time in as many years that Rogers has been rocked by a major outage, as the company's wireless and cable networks went down in a similar fashion in April 2021. At the time, Rogers blamed an issue with a software update at one of its telecom equipment suppliers.

Well, the Work has done great for you given that you judge a person you have never met basing your opinion on only 1 post on internet. Yes,you were rude and superficial, and yes again, you have a lot of free time (considering how long is your last post for a such trivial thing). I will be happy to explain what I meant by "Am I the only one....." as soon as you apologize, because being polite is the first element for civilized conversation. Actually,if that question triggered something in you (and obviously it did), you could have asked me BEFORE being rude. This is what polite people do. Take up the REAL Work men!

AL, it looks to me as though it is you who was and is being rather rude and patronising in this thread, both to posters and readers in general. If that wasn't your intention then you should know that's how it comes across. You were fine with criticizing others and what they were sharing, however when others questioned or critiqued your posts, you act triggered and demand an apology.

And so, in this instance, imo, i'm not sure an apology is necessary. It might be better for you to review what you've written and see how what you've accused others of - a confrontational style of writing - is actually more applicable to your own.

Last edited:
I am not surprised at all. It seems that his main goal in life is to annoy - to say the least - the citizens.

Trudeau’s nitrogen policy will decimate Canadian farming
Much like in the Netherlands, Justin Trudeau is bringing in a nitrogen emissions cap that will absolutely decimate Canadian farming.
In December 2020, the Trudeau government unveiled their new climate plan, with a focus on reducing nitrous oxide emissions from fertilizer by 30% below 2020 levels by 2030.

“Fertilizers play a major role in the agriculture sector’s success and have contributed to record harvests in the last decade. They have helped drive increases in Canadian crop yields, grain sales, and exports,” a news release from Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada reads.

“However, nitrous oxide emissions, particularly those associated with synthetic nitrogen fertilizer use have also grown significantly. That is why the Government of Canada has set the national fertilizer emissions reduction target, which is part of the commitment to reduce total GHG emissions in Canada by 40-45% by 2030….”
This is a tacit admission that any attempt to lower admissions by reducing nitrogen fertilizer will consequently lower crop yields over the next decade, hurting the Agriculture sector and, more importantly, hurting farmers.

And indeed, according to a report from Fertilizer Canada:
Total Emission Reduction puts a cap on the total emissions allowable from fertilizer at 30% below 2020 levels. As the yield of Canadian crops is directly linked to proper fertilizer application this creates a ceiling on Canadian agricultural productivity well below 2020 levels….
It is estimated that a 30% absolute emission reduction for a farmer with 1000 acres of canola and 1000 acres of wheat, stands to have their profit reduced by approximately $38,000 – $40,500/ annually.
In 2020, Western Canadian farmers planted approximately 20.8 million acres of canola. Using these values, cumulatively farm revenues from canola could be reduced by $396M – $441M on an annual basis. Wheat famers could experience a reduction of $400 M.
Moreover, Fertilizer Canada doesn’t believe that forcibly decreasing fertilizer use will even lower greenhouse gases but could lead to carbon leakage elsewhere.
Nonetheless, Trudeau’s government is moving forward, with farmer’s groups speaking to Farmers Forum now wondering if he’s intentionally trying to cause a food shortage — which Trudeau previously told Canadians to prepare for.
“We’ve seen from the global pandemic to the war in Ukraine significant disruptions of supply chains around the world, which is resulting in higher prices for consumers and democracies like ours, and resulting in significant shortages and projected shortages of food and energy in places around the world,” Trudeau said.

“This is going to be a difficult time,” he continued, “because of the war, because of the recovery from the pandemic. And Canadians will do what we always do: we’ll be there for each other.”

Of course, reducing nitrogen emissions released by fertilizer crucial to the survivability of the agriculture sector isn’t the only target of Trudeau’s government. Every part of the economy has been negatively impacted by Trudeau’s climate agenda.

On April 1 — the same day he gave himself a raise — Trudeau decided to go ahead and jack up the carbon tax by an additional 25%, consequently increasing the price of practically everything.

As Alberta MP Shannon Stubbs wrote at the time in an article for The Counter Signal:

The Liberal government is hiking the tax-on-everything carbon tax while Canadians struggle like never before with skyrocketing prices for essentials like food and fuel, heating, and housing….
Of course, the Liberals claim the carbon tax is “revenue neutral.” Whether for governments or for Canadians, that’s just not true. The independent, non-partisan Parliamentary Budget Officer calculates the GST collected on carbon taxes at more than $200 million each year, which goes straight into government coffers. Years ago, Conservatives tried to end this tax-on-a-tax, but the Liberals wouldn’t budge.
Since boosting the carbon tax, gas prices have soared to over $2.00 per litre across Canada, with one Liberal candidate saying that the “silver lining” is that Canadians will be priced out of driving.

And as with other problems facing our crumbling economy, Trudeau doesn’t appear to be taking any actions to remedy it — unsurprising, as so often he is the root cause.

Ukraine grain harvest, combat zones and a recipe for barley porridge for Europeans short on food
I could have posted this in threads on the conflict in Ukraine, but I decided to post it here, since we may hear no end of the wheat lost this year in Ukraine.

Below is a map of Ukraine, showing the major winter wheat areas. The map is from around 2000, but would not have changed significantly. While the UA production will be less this year compared with last year, so will internal consumption, as fewer people now live in what is left of Ukraine, due to war and emigration.
1657359264017.png
The next map shows the steppe zone of Ukraine.
1657359239623.png
Compare the above with the latest maps from July 9 MoD Russia report and notice the partial overlap with the zones of the conflict: The first map shows the area near Odessa and Kherson, the next screenshot shows from Nikolaev and Kherson north and east to Kharkov.
Screenshot 2022-07-09 131119.jpg

Screenshot 2022-07-09 130806.jpg
I counted the percentage of the wheat production in the areas currently held by Russia and came to about 25 %. The time now seems to be the period of harvest in some areas, as images in the above Telegram video showed. Food and energy shortages isn't happy news, so last some information about how to make cook pearl barley.

How to make barley porridge - leaning from the Russians, the Ukrainians, the Belorussians etc.
People in parts of Europe where there are sanctions against Russia, inflation and looming if not present energy shortages, may have to revert to more traditional dishes, like for instance perelovaya kasha or barley porridge. First there is a translation from the Wiki on "Перловая крупа" or Pearl barley, which not surprising is more rich than the English, since pearl barley was common in the Soviet times.
Pearl barley is a type of barley groats in the form of smooth grains of white or slightly yellowish color, oblong or round in shape, used as the basis for side dishes and cereals, filling for soups, stews. The name is associated with the similarity of cereal grains with pearls (pearls).

For the production of cereals, grains of vitreous and semi-glassy varieties of barley are used. Whole barley grains are pre-cleaned of impurities and hulled to remove flower films, crushed to kernels, which are then ground and polished, as a result, grains of cereals are barley endosperm with minor remnants of fruit and seed coats and the aleurone layer. The resulting groats are sorted by size, in Soviet merchandising, five 'numbers' of pearl barley were distinguished by size: No. 1 and 2 - with large oval-shaped granules with a dark longitudinal groove characteristic of barley grain (passage through sieves 3.5 and 3.0 mm) , No. 3, 4 and 5 - with fine spherical grains (through sieves from 2.5 to 1.5 mm, respectively) [1] [2]. Large varieties are more often used for side dishes, small ones - for fillings and secondary fillings. At the same time, at the beginning of the 20th century, small groats were considered the most valuable (“royal”) in comparison with larger ones (“Dutch”, “semi-Dutch” and the largest “ordinary”)[3].
With energy becoming expensive, pearl barley has one minus, it requires a long time to cook, but if you soak the grains first, it will help.
It boils for a long time in comparison with other cereals - up to 1.5 hours, while the grains swell significantly, absorbing a lot of water, but retain their shape, giving a crumbly garnish (unlike another type of barley groats - barley - which is boiled into a product of a viscous consistency). The volume of barley porridge is 5-6 times greater than the initial volume of cereals, the yield of porridge from 1 kg of cereals is from 3 kg for large and up to 4.5 kg for small cereals.

Most popular in Russian cuisine, where it is usually used to make barley porridge. In the 1930s, the USSR mastered the industrial production of barley groats in significant volumes, and due to the low price and long shelf life, groats were widely used in public catering, in the diet of military personnel and prisoners. At the same time, due to the frequency of use and low cost, a stereotype of a low-value product has developed, to the point that due to the low popularity among soldiers in 2011, the product in the ration of the Russian Army was replaced in side dishes with more expensive buckwheat and rice (while left as a backfill for soups and additional dressing for canned meats).
Next, the Russian Wiki claims that the barley is common in Scandinavian cooking, but these days, I believe it is mostly found in health shops or bio-stores.
It is common in Swedish, Danish, Finnish cuisines, where it is used for side dishes, cereal sausages, as a filling in soups. In the Italian culinary tradition, there is a dish of pearl barley orzotto (English orzotto), similar in recipe to rice risotto. In British and North American cuisine, grits are less common, and are used as a secondary filling in soups, stews, stews, sometimes used to make savory puddings; in German and French cuisines it is found as an additional filling ingredient in sausages and pâtés. Among Western popular nutritionists, large pearl barley with bran residue is considered a “whole grain product” (English scotch barley) and is recommended for a healthy diet.

Since the second half of the 20th century, the production of instant pearl barley has been mastered using a steaming process similar to steaming rice[en].
A video with a Russian-speaking narrator suggests soaking the barley overnight, cook the barley shortly for five minutes, change water and then cook the barley until it is done. The soaking and precooking process would reduce the phytic acid element of the barley that binds to the minerals in the food, just as the soaking period itself will reduce the cooking time, thus saving energy.

After preparing the barley, she fries some mushrooms and carrots, but if you just want the porridge, the first few minutes will do. Yes, it is in Russian, but one can auto-translate to English. As her pronunciation is clear and distinct, nothing of importance appears to be lost. Even if the video gets sanctioned or taken down, I hope my short description will do.
Как Правильно Варить ПЕРЛОВКУ. Вкусная ПЕРЛОВАЯ КАША рассыпчатая как жемчуг
(How to cook barley correctly. Delicious PEARL BARLEY PORRIDGE, crumbly like pearls)

AL, it looks to me as though it is you who was and is being rather rude and patronising in this thread, both to posters and readers in general. If that wasn't your intention then you should know that's how it comes across. You were fine with criticizing others and what they were sharing, however when others questioned or critiqued your posts, you act triggered and demand an apology.
Yes, and also one does not demand politeness, one earns it. Using a double standard where one is entitled to politeness but one doesn't owe it to anyone, is a recipe for constant conflict I think.

Easy there, tiger - an 'I am special' attitude isn't a very good mode of being to entertain for the times ahead...

Actually, i think it was a polite, kind of cute way to say like "take it easy". There is really nothing rude about that expression :flowers:

Zerohedge
Canada Folds: Will Release Sanctioned Russian Gas Turbine

"In a high-profile exception to its Ukraine war-inspired sanctions regime, Canada will release a Russian turbine to Germany that's necessary for maintaining Russia's Nord Stream 1 natural gas pipeline

As Reuters reports:
The Canadian government, which is issuing a "time-limited and revocable permit" to exempt the return of turbines from its Russian sanctions, said the move would support "Europe’s ability to access reliable and affordable energy as they continue to transition away from Russian oil and gas."

“Absent a necessary supply of natural gas, the German economy will suffer very significant hardship and Germans themselves will be at risk of being unable to heat their homes as winter approaches,” said Canadian natural resources minister Jonathan Wilkinson in explaining the decision.

Pointing to the delayed return of the turbine, Russia cut the flow of gas to Europe via the Nord Stream 1 pipeline by 60% in June. On Friday, Russia said it would boost the supply if the turbine were released.....

As if to offset its conspicuous capitulation on the contended turbine, Canada on Saturday also announced a widening of its sanctions against Russia. "These new sanctions will apply to land and pipeline transport and the manufacturing of metals and of transport, computer, electronic and electrical equipment, as well as of machinery," said Canada's ministry of foreign affairs in a news release. "

The West does not wish Russia to help others.

West is ‘artificially’ blocking Russian grain exports – Lavrov

Moscow weighs in on global food security
West is ‘artificially’ blocking Russian grain exports – Lavrov

© AFP / STRINGER
Western countries are contributing to the global food crisis by hindering Russian grain exports, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov said on Friday.

The minister referred to the issue of Ukrainian grain being unable to leave the country’s ports due to the military conflict in the region, and to subsequent concerns over global food security, when speaking at the G20 foreign ministers meeting in Indonesia.

“Statistics clearly show that the grain locked in Ukrainian ports represents less than one percent of world production, so it has no real impact on food security. All that is required is for the West to stop artificially blocking our supplies to those countries that have ordered our grain,” Lavrov said, as quoted by the TASS news agency.

Russia, with Turkey’s help, is ready to ensure the safe passage of convoys to the Mediterranean Sea and then to buyers’ markets, Lavrov said, adding that some Western countries seek to complicate the process.
“The problem is that our Western colleagues are eager to create an international monitoring mechanism for this process, with the participation of NATO forces. We understand their intention very well,” he explained.
Russia introduces new payment rules for grain exports
READ MORE: Russia introduces new payment rules for grain exports

Russia, the world’s largest wheat exporter, is expecting to harvest a record amount of grain this year. The country said earlier this week that it has started selling its grain to “friendly” nations, for rubles.
The global grain market has been badly affected by the disruption of exports from Russia, Ukraine and other major wheat producers, such as India and Kazakhstan. The latter two have banned wheat exports to ensure food security at home. The developments have led to a spike in grain prices and warnings of a global food crisis.
There was a short video from Moldova, about farmers clearing their fruit trees, as there is no market for fruits. Here is a screenshot:
Screenshot 2022-07-10 225057.jpg
In Moldova, orchards with crops that have remained unclaimed are uprooted: local farmers have nowhere to sell their products.

Previously, the harvest was sold in Russia, but the anti-Russian course of Chisinau left Moldova without the largest sales market - and the Europeans also did not need this product.

Isn't that interesting?
Would Canada has similar connection?... Wouldn't doubt it.

Gates-funded Picnic facility burnt to the ground

A large facility in Almelo owned by Picnic, a Bill Gates-funded grocery delivery company that uses electric vehicles, has suddenly caught fire in the dead of night.

Last year, the company was given a whopping 600 million euros from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, and many participating in the ongoing farmers’ protests in Holland have openly stated they believe Gates may be partly responsible for pushing additional climate laws.
Regardless, it still isn’t clear what the cause of the fire was or whether it is tied to the protests — though some have speculated it is in retaliation over the career-destroying nitrogen policy brought in by the Rutte government.

The situation in this area would be devastating with so many lives depended on the area's water needs.
1657549708042.png

1657549773638.png
1657549850785.png
The evolution of precipitation in the heart of the massif, lower snow cover, and the end of the Glaciers, all will have strong consequences on the flows and water reserves on which the plains, their population and agriculture all around the massif depend.
1657550229383.png
Line-1
ok with you except on the end of the Pyrenean glaciers which will have a negligible effect on the flows in the plain

1657550792822.png

1657551874618.png

Back
Top Bottom