A strange phenomenon occurred at dawn in Cleveland, Ohio.

I searched for the french title and got this as results

A video showing a weird kind of fire covering the surface of streets what seems pretty widespread in the middle of a city; lots of smoke and strong wind gusts, with people taking videos of the phenomena and a guy jelling "get out of there" and "No, i've not seen anything like this either..." . I am not sure what exactly I am seeing here, or why the street is burning in such an odd way... 🤷‍♂️

Whoa. It looks to me like the wind itself is flammable. It might be some kind of outgassing phenomenon coupled with strong winds. Propane and Butane, for example, are heavier than air and could conceivably cause that sort of slithering fire as they would get pushed by the wind along the ground, but then again, they would have to be huge concentrations for it to not vaporize in the open air. Maybe a gas leak?
Just speculating, but that was my first impression.
It does look nuts, though.

"The Flats," in Cleveland, are where the restaurants and bars are; where one goes for nightlife fun....Can you imagine walking out of a bar, at 2 or 3 AM, tuned from drinking, and seeing fire slithering across the streets?

Always the skeptic to officialdom's answers, I wonder if this isn't just another lab rat experiment?

Whoa. It looks to me like the wind itself is flammable. It might be some kind of outgassing phenomenon coupled with strong winds. Propane and Butane, for example, are heavier than air and could conceivably cause that sort of slithering fire as they would get pushed by the wind along the ground, but then again, they would have to be huge concentrations for it to not vaporize in the open air. Maybe a gas leak?
Just speculating, but that was my first impression.
It does look nuts, though.

Another explanation
‘Disaster movie vibe’: Witnesses recall fire in the Flats sparked by cigarette
Cleveland fire investigators say it was actually a small fire that started in a mulch bed, and strong winds caused the flames and embers to then spread to other mulch beds. The story began to unfold just after 2 a.m., when customers and employees leaving bars and restaurants on the East Bank, reported that no less than 20 mulch beds were on fire.

At first I didn't it believe much, then I found this Could mulch catch fire and burn down a home? Still, the behavior of the fires are strange.

Back
Top Bottom