Putin Recognizes Donbass Republics, Sends Russian Military to 'Denazify' Ukraine

Our President in Spain told to the medias that Spain will suffer an economic situation, worse than the present one, that prices will go up for the consumers, that we need to suffer more. He employed the word suffer, by the way. And all of these thanks to whom? Not to what, but to whom? Thanks to Putin. ;-D

Against the backdrop of all the anti-Russian hysteria in the West and various sanctions, great news came from South Korea:

South Korea will continue to supply cars and electronics to Russia - Южная Корея продолжит поставки автомобилей и электроники в Россию - Газета.Ru | Новости

This means that not only cars, but also all spare parts for them (and other consumables, batteries) will be fully supplied to Russia. The same applies to smartphones, household appliances - everything will be supplied and all South Korean factories in Russia will continue to work.

PS The exchange rate of the ruble continues to fall even despite the fact that oil costs more than $115 per barrel, and gas in Europe costs $2,200 per thousand cubic meters. Whose economy will collapse first, Russia or the West (US and EU)?
It looks like all the sanctions are targeted at small and medium businesses, conglomerates are doing business as usual. Hyundai Motors (and KIA) is a large part of Hyundai which is, in turn, a large part of the South Korean economy.
As strong sanctions have been imposed on Russia, Hyundai Motor Group, which has second-largest share in the Russian market, is also expected to be seriously affected. In particular, the Russian market is the fourth-largest market after Korea, the U.S., and Europe for Kia Motors, the loss of Hyundai Motor and Kia is expected to reach 450 billion won.

According to the industry on March 1, Hyundai Motor sold 171,811 units in Russia last year. It has ranked third with a 10.3% market share. Second-ranked Kia sold 205,801 units, accounting for 12.3% in the market. Although the local brand Avtovaz Lada had the largest share (22.3%), both Hyundai and Kia have seen strong sales in Russia.

By group, Hyundai Motor Group ranked second after Renault Group (Lada). Hyundai Motor Group’s market share is 22.6%, and the combined market share of Renault, Mitsubishi, Nissan, and Lada's share is 33.8%.

Hyundai Motor and Kia’s sales in Russia accounted for 5% and 8%, respectively, of their total global sales last year. In particular, Kia’s sales in Russia were larger than India (7%), China (5%), Asia-Pacific (5%), the Middle East (7%), and Latin America (3%). Russia is Kia’s fourth largest market after Korea (19%), North America (27%), and Western Europe (19%).
Source

Another sign of the EU's dependency on Russia (machine-translated):
It is forbidden to fly from Russia over the territory of Poland. Despite this, on Friday, a Russian plane appeared over our country, which flew into our area near Suwałki and flew, among others in the vicinity of Warsaw. The machine landed in the capital of Slovakia, where a similar ban is also in force. According to Interia's findings, the flight received special approvals from the Civil Aviation Authority and was carried out at the request of the Slovak side. Il 76TD belonged to the cargo airlines Volga-Dnepr Airlines. The Slovak media, in turn, found out that the machine was carrying nuclear fuel needed for the operation of the Mochovce and Jaslovské Bohunice nuclear power plants. The Slovak website webnoviny.sk points out that although the ban on flights by Russian airlines over Poland also applies in Slovakia, humanitarian flights and flights with nuclear fuel are the exception.
Source

my understanding is that the red doesn't show fighting but rather presence of/controlled by Russian forces. There are forces in Transnistria
I think you are right. As for Transnistria, there is Russian military base and presence there and over the last 8 years it has been said to be somewhat vulnerable due to the difficulty of resupplying it. If I remember correctly thought, then they have a huge amount of ammunition. Moldova also has had designs on Transnistria as was discussed earlier in the thread.

Andrei Martyanov explains a little more about the picture or rather puts it into into scale:

Wednesday, March 2, 2022​

To Give Some Impression Of The Scope.​

Of operation in Ukraine. Here is the map for today:

Those who still have issues with grasping what they see, I'll give them some scale: the area of operations you observe is roughly the size of one third of Ukraine's territory which is 603,000 sq. km / 3=201, 000 sq.km, which is very roughly (slightly less) the size of the United Kingdom. So, those who still have issue with coming to terms with what is actually happening--get a grip, it is a serious war of a new generation. I speak about this in video I am trying--unsuccessfully--to upload to YouTube in the last two hours. It simply refuses to load it, stops at 11% and is not moving. The progress is excellent.

Those who expect that war to be over in 72 hours, you better get educated on the meaning of the deep operations and urban combat. Some people call on Russia now to go into overdrive. Russia can do that but she will not do that because this will mean many more civilian casualties. Especially against the background of ukies using human shields all over the place, such as not allowing civilians to leave for humanitarian corridors Russian Army opened all over: from Kiev to Mariupol. Nazis are desperate, as are their masters from Washington and London.

We live in France and have the Sky TV package too, and my husband also discovered that RT has been deleted from it. I can't even connect to RT or Sputnik from my computer. I can however reach the Greek site of Sputnik.

It's a European-Union-wide ban apparently, which took effect yesterday.
I live in Germany and I can still access RT and Sputnik. Not sure how long that will last.

Our President in Spain told to the medias that Spain will suffer an economic situation, worse than the present one, that prices will go up for the consumers, that we need to suffer more. He employed the word suffer, by the way. And all of these thanks to whom? Not to what, but to whom? Thanks to Putin. ;-D

Yeah, "The Russians did it". Not your politicians, not the ECB, not the FED .....

The biggest mistake the Russian central bank had made was not to withdraw all of its assets back to Russia prior to the commencement of the Ukraine invasion.
EXTERNAL reserves of the Central Bank of Russia in Western countries (and Japan) were blocked. These EXTERNAL reserves are needed to maintain a stable exchange rate of the ruble and they could not be withdrawn in one day, even in a week (there are 463 billion dollars according to estimates), the ruble would fall in the same second.
In fact, we do not know how much REAL money was blocked, neither the West nor the Central Bank of Russia disclosed this figure.
The Central Bank of Russia also has gold and euro/dollar cash, the REAL number of which we do not know.
In any case, this "freeze" (I would say theft) of Russian money will hit not only Russia, but also Western countries (and Japan) as well, since they will somehow pay for Russian exports (oil, gas, wheat ).
I think that such a scenario of "freezing" money was envisaged by Putin in advance and he has a couple of jokers up his sleeve in front of the West.

We live in France and have the Sky TV package too, and my husband also discovered that RT has been deleted from it. I can't even connect to RT or Sputnik from my computer. I can however reach the Greek site of Sputnik.

It's a European-Union-wide ban apparently, which took effect yesterday.
I thought the UK had left the European Union. :rotfl:

Yeah, "The Russians did it". Not your politicians, not the ECB, not the FED .....
I think Loreta was joking hence the emoji.
It is just like Covid. The rulers said that everything was due to Covid, whereas it was due to the governments actions to Covid such as lockdowns and gazillions of dollars wasted on masks, testing, vaccines etc., and that same script is used now. Everything, like the collapse of the economy, run away inflation, higher prices for everything, no travel, lack of medicines/health care, food crises, massive supply chain problems etc. will be blamed on Russia rather than seeing that it was due to Western leaders shooting themselves in the collective foot with sanctions. There is of course money enough though to send weapons and aid to Ukraine :umm:

Russia has prepared for this for years, but the West has lived in a fantasy make-believe world and not prepared at all. The leaders of the West don't care one bit about their own people. The priorities were different. While the West found it important to ban plastic straws and install gender neutral toilets along with waving rainbow colored flags, other countries were busy improving their countries infrastructure and living standards.

Back
Top Bottom