Putin Recognizes Donbass Republics, Sends Russian Military to 'Denazify' Ukraine

I'm a visual person, so I like to attach this SOTT World View for SOTT readers (filtered by FitS section in last 1 year). And that's ONLY what was caught on cameras!!!

We are really a Cosmic Turkey Shoot !!!!

View attachment 55830

I apologize for off topic but I find this image really stunning....
For my part, I will welcome the comets or the asteroids or whatever as if they were Russians.

NATO base in Lvov area Northwestern Ukraine

Opinions I found about this:
1. Russel "Texas" Bentley living in Donbass and Alina from Germany remaining there for the foreseeable future.
Video: DONBASS SITREP DAYZ 5 LATEST UPDATE WITH RUSSELL, ALINA AND REGIS
In this interview Russel Bentley believes the NATO will (be allowed to) establish a base in the Lvov North-Western Ukraine area. I guess it will be like Al-Tanf: nobody allowed near, just NATO.
Russel Bentley says he expects the RF army to stop at a N-S line, W of Kiev down to the edge of Moldova. The rest stays with NATO. So the idea of a new federation of Ukraine is dropped.

The sanctions which the West has placed on Russia can backfire as Russia can also apply sanctions.

One such area is the launching of satellites. In the case of the company OneWeb which relies on Russia to launch their satellites, Russia has asked for certain guarantees which likely will not come. The result will be the failure of that project.

MOSCOW (Sputnik) - Without adding new communication satellites to the OneWeb constellation, the system will not work, Russia's state-owned space corporation Roscosmos said on Wednesday.
"There are no other means of launching the OneWeb orbital constellation in the near future, and without replenishment of the constellation, the full functioning of the system is impossible. At the same time, the Russian side is ready to fulfill its obligations if the foreign customer provides appropriate legal guarantees," Roscosmos said in a statement.
Earlier on Wednesday, Roscosmos urged OneWeb to provide a guarantee of non-use of its satellites for military purposes and to remove the British government from the company's shareholders before the evening of March 4 or the launch of the Soyuz-2.1b rocket with new OneWeb satellites will be halted.
Something about OneWeb:
OneWeb (legally Network Access Associates Ltd)[7] is a global communications company building a capability to deliver broadband satellite Internet services worldwide.[4][8] The company is headquartered in London, and has offices in California[9] and a satellite manufacturing facility in Florida – OneWeb Satellites – that is a joint venture with Airbus Defence and Space. The company was formerly known as WorldVu Satellites Ltd.[10][11]

The company was founded by Greg Wyler in 2012[1][2] and launched its first satellites in February 2019. It entered bankruptcy in March 2020 after failing to raise the requisite capital to complete the build and deployment of the remaining 90% of the network. The company emerged from the bankruptcy proceedings and reorganization in November 2020 with a new ownership group, led by the Government of the United Kingdom and Indian multinational company Bharti Global, each holding 42% of the company equity and board. OneWeb re-affirmed its intent to continue to build out the satellite constellation. SoftBank retained an equity holding of 12%.[5][12] As further investments are made to complete the first phase satellite deployments, the British Government and Bharti Global percentage shareholding will decline.[13]

OneWeb commenced launches of the OneWeb satellite constellation, a network of more than 650 low Earth orbit satellites, in February 2019,[14] and by May 2021, had launched 218 of the planned 648 satellites in the initial constellation. OneWeb's goal has been to provide Internet services to "everyone, everywhere", delivering Internet connections to rural and remote places as well as to a range of markets.

So the Russians are asking the UK to quit their 42% stake in this company by Friday and solid guarantees of the satellites having a non-military nature. Unlikely to happen.

Another story from last week also showed European Space Agency's reliance on Russian rocket science and what problems this now gives.
A joint Russian-European mission to Mars will likely be delayed in light of new sanctions against Russia and the country’s ongoing assault of Ukraine. The delay is the latest space partnership to feel the side effects of Russia’s invasion here on Earth.

Known as ExoMars, the mission entails sending a series of robotic spacecraft to Mars, culminating in the launch of a robotic rover to explore the Red Planet’s surface. The European Space Agency and Russia’s state space corporation Roscosmos have been working together on the program for the last decade.
“Regarding the ExoMars programme continuation, the sanctions and the wider context make a launch in 2022 very unlikely,” ESA wrote in an update on its website. “ESA’s Director General will analyse all the options and prepare a formal decision on the way forward by ESA Member States.”

Both ESA and Roscosmos are providing crucial elements for the rover’s mission. The Rosalind Franklin rover has been built and tested by ESA, designed to drill into the Martian terrain and look for signs of life. Russia is providing the landing element that will help get the rover to the surface, known as the Kazachok lander. The entire mission is meant to launch on a Russian Proton rocket as well.
The news comes after Russia announced that it would be suspending launches of its Soyuz rocket from Europe’s primary spaceport in French Guiana, South America, in light of the sanctions.
[...]
As part of the decision, Russia said it would withdraw 87 of its staff members working at the Guiana Space Center in Kourou on upcoming launches. Russia also announced plans to exclude NASA from a joint mission to Venus the two organizations had been working on.

So the idea of a new federation of Ukraine is dropped.
Not necessarily. It might just be smaller than the current Ukraine and consist of those parts of Ukraine which traditionally have been more pro-Russian than pro-Western as election maps have shown. Yet, it is too early to make any big predictions of what will and will not happen.

I've heard an interesting theory from some sources and I wanted to ask if any of you have some knowledge of the topic or maybe someone would like to comment it.
Some people claim that the plan is to use the excuse of war to move people from Ukraine to Poland and other EU countries to make room for Jewish people who will come to Ukraine lands in order to create a new Jewish state. It's because they claim Ukrainian land as their own (Khazar empire was located there in 6th century AD) and now want to move people there, just like during WWII Israel was created. Maybe someone could elaborate about it? I've heard it from some Polish commentators and right now I can't find any source (I will post it if I find it). I don't think it can be the only reason for what's happening - but what if other reasons were created just to accomplish this goal? I'm sceptical of course, just wanted to ask.

So the 'interesting theory' is that Putin (or NATO? or the Consortium?!) is helping to create a new Jewish state in Ukraine?

Sounds like a typical conspiracy theory about 'OMG, the Jews'. And with no source material whatsoever, I'd say you can safely forget about it.

In the future, I think it would be best to stick to the facts as closely as you can. Speculating about potential futures from the basis of those facts is part of the fun, yes. But this 'theory' sounds like shallow gossip to me, designed to produce an emotional reaction and set the mind spinning. It has neither logic nor historical awareness of the situation.

The following specimen is in the club of Straussians.

Hillary is pleading for Justice

Last edited:
Interestingly enough, at least some scientific publications are not as quick to jump on the "shunning Russia" wagon. This is actually surprising. This is a letter that was sent to the Russian editor of "Elsevier".

Dear Dr. Zamyatnin,

In view of the current conflict in Ukraine, we understand you may have questions about whether you as editors are expected to take any action.

At Elsevier, our role is to help researchers advance science and improve outcomes for the benefit of society, and for that we need the free flow of ideas and quality, peer reviewed research from researchers globally. Given the international and collaborative nature of research, any restrictions on scientific publishing not only harm individual researchers – who may themselves have different political views from their governments – but also authors from other countries entirely.

As of the time of writing, no government sanctions are in place which impact the handling of papers that include Russian authors, and we ask editors to follow usual practice on “Fair Play”: “The editor should evaluate manuscripts for their intellectual content without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, ethnic origin, citizenship, or political philosophy of the authors.”

This is an evolving crisis and we will keep you updated on any developments that may impact your work. We stand by our belief that restrictions on publishing are inappropriate, and any exceptions should be narrowly crafted. We will work with the STM publishing industry associations, other companies, and research communities, to analyze any future changes in trade sanction policies with respect to Russia.

Elsevier wishes to express its support for all civilians caught up in conflict worldwide, and our thoughts are with the people of Ukraine at this difficult time.

All the best,
Laura Hassink
Managing Director, STM Journals

Israel want to help mediate the conflict.

Then we have another famously used card,

Ukraine’s Jewish president and Natan Sharansky invoked the Holocaust in their condemnations of the bombing.​

(JTA) — Russian troops appeared to strike part of the Babyn Yar memorial site, which pays tribute to the tens of thousands of Jews buried in the area in a Holocaust pogrom, while hitting Kyiv’s main TV transmitter tower on Tuesday.

Did or didn't ? I know, let the reader "ASSUME" that it did because the Russians are always the "bad guys".

Mayor of Munich does the "right thing"
Felsner told The Guardian that dropping Gergiev was “the saddest day of my professional life.” He called Gergiev “the greatest conductor alive and an extraordinary human being with a profound sense of decency,” but he was unable to “publicly end his long-expressed support for a regime that has come to commit such crimes.”

After the pressure mounted, Munich Mayor Dieter Reiter gave Gergiev an ultimatum. After Gergiev refused to answer by Monday, Reiter said he had no choice but to dismiss him. “I had expected him to rethink and revise his very positive assessment of the Russian leader,” Reiter said in a news release. “After this didn’t occur, the only option is the immediate severance of ties.”

Russian fear-pron from France via LE MONDE

Video Dated: Published on 08 December 2019 at 15h00 - Updated on 23 February 2022 at 12h14
Thirty years after the end of the Cold War, the gap between Russia and the West has never been greater. Between 2014 and 2019, at least 13,000 people died in Ukraine. As for Crimea, a Ukrainian peninsula since 1954, it now belongs to Russia. For their part, the United States and Europe have largely turned their backs on Russia. Since the annexation of Crimea, the G8 has become the G7... without Russia. And heavy economic sanctions have been taken against him. On both sides, provocations with gigantic war demonstrations or military infrastructure installations are increasingly numerous.

Yet in the early 1990s, Russia and the Western world agreed to end the war and build a new world. At the time, Mikhail Gorbachev spoke of a "common European home", and a military alliance including the United States, Europe and Russia was even envisaged. Thirty years later, it is with Asia that Russia forges military alliance and economic contracts.

So what happened? We tell you in this third episode of our series "Mappemonde".

To see the other episodes: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFuK0VAIne9LhQy5THa8YrrZbyWaIRqPc
Sources:
– Putin's Russia in a hundred questions – Tatiana Kastouéva-Jean: La Russie de Poutine en 100 questions
– Annual report of Rosstat (Russian Federal Statistical Service) 2018: RussianStat2018 (1).pdf
– Declaration of the Heads of State members of the Shanghai Cooperation, 2005
1646237333202.jpeg

Assassination plot against Zelensky was foiled and unit sent to kill him was 'destroyed,' Ukraine says
By Timothy Be lToday at 8:42 a.m. EST Washington Post Live
A recent alleged assassination plot against Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky was foiled over the weekend and the Chechen servicemen sent from Russia were “destroyed,” a Ukrainian security leader said Tuesday.

Oleksiy Danilov, the secretary of Ukraine’s National Security and Defense Council, said during a broadcast marathon airing on Ukrainian TV channels that officials were recently tipped off that a unit of Kadyrovites, elite Chechen special forces, was on its way to kill Zelensky. After Ukrainian officials were informed by Russia’s Federal Security Service (FSB), the Chechen special forces were killed Saturday on the outskirts of Kyiv, Danilov said.

“We are well aware of the special operation that was to take place directly by the Kadyrovites to eliminate our president. And I can say that we have received information from the FSB, who today do not want to take part in this bloody war,” Danilov said. “And thanks to this, the Kadyrov elite group was destroyed, which came here to eliminate our president.”

The latest on the war in Ukraine

Chechen leader Ramzan Kadyrov confirmed on his Telegram channel Monday that two servicemen had died and six others were injured, but neither the Chechens nor the Kremlin has publicly responded to Ukraine’s claim that Kadyrovites were sent to kill Zelensky and were eliminated.

Russian forces continue their deadly assault on key Ukrainian cities, prompting some local officials to warn Wednesday that their cities were near the breaking point. Kyiv endured more overnight attacks, while Russian forces faced stiff resistance from Ukrainian military and civilian defenders throughout the country.

Moscow steps up assault on residential areas, Biden closes U.S. airspace to Russian planes

Nearly 680,000 Ukrainians had fled the country as of Tuesday, according to the U.N. High Commissioner for Refugees, in what might eventually be “Europe’s largest refugee crisis this century.”

In the United States, President Biden put the invasion at the center of his first State of the Union address Tuesday night, hailing a unified international backlash that has made Russia “now isolated from the world more than ever.” Zelensky and Biden spoke hours before the address about sanctions against Russia as well as U.S. defense assistance to Ukraine during the invasion. Biden declared that Russian President Vladimir Putin had “badly miscalculated” how Ukraine and the world would respond to the invasion.

“He thought he could roll into Ukraine — and the world would roll over. Instead, he met with a wall of strength he never anticipated or imagined,” Biden said. “He met the Ukrainian people.”

Biden wanted to use the State of the Union for his agenda. Then Russia started a land war.

The Ukrainian president has posted videos from Kyiv, where he’s leading the country’s military response, and has been joined by government officials, military members and civilian defenders in protecting the capital. Zelensky has said that he has become the Kremlin’s “target No. 1,” with his family as “target No. 2.”

“They want to destroy Ukraine politically by destroying the head of state,” he said in an address last week.

U.S. stands ready to evacuate Zelensky, Russia’s ‘target No. 1’

Zelensky, who told CNN and Reuters on Tuesday that he hasn’t seen his family in recent days, noted that Ukraine is “iconic” and deserves to be defended against Russia and Putin.

“Ukraine is the heart of Europe, and now I think Europe sees Ukraine is something special for this world,” he said from a bunker. “That’s why [the] world can’t lose this something special.”

According to the Ukrainian newspaper Ukrayinska Pravda, Putin instructed Kadyrov, the Chechen leader, last month to carry out the assassination.

“The task of the Chechens was defined as the cleansing of Kyiv, the physical liquidation and preventive work with Ukrainian leaders,” the newspaper wrote.

Danilov said he was thankful for members of Russia’s Federal Security Service who alerted Ukrainian officials to the assassination plot. The Ukrainian Ministry of Defense claimed over the weekend that the Ukrainian military had defeated a special unit of the Chechen National Guard. Among those killed was Gen. Magomed Tushaev, the commander of the 141st motorized regiment of the Chechen National Guard, reported Ukrayinska Pravda.

Danilov clarified on Ukrainian TV that the Kadyrovites were divided into two groups, and the one that was “destroyed” was tracked down in Hostomel, near the airport.

“Another group is now, so to speak, under fire,” he said.

David L. Stern contributed to this report.

$1 million bounty on Putin offered by Russian businessman The Russian entrepreneur said the Russian president came to power by "blowing up apartment buildings in Russia."
By TZVI JOFFRE Published: MARCH 2, 2022 11:56 Updated: MARCH 2, 2022 12:23
A $1,000,000 bounty for the arrest of Russian President Vladimir Putin was offered to military officers by Russian entrepreneur Alex Konanykhin in a post he published on social media this week, as Russia continued its invasion of Ukraine.

"I promise to pay $1,000,000 to the officer(s) who, complying with their constitutional duty, arrest(s) Putin as a war criminal under Russian and international laws," wrote Konanykhin on LinkedIn. "Putin is not the Russian president as he came to power as the result of a special operation of blowing up apartment buildings in Russia, then violated the Constitution by eliminating free elections and murdering his opponents."

"As an ethnic Russian and a Russian citizen, I see it as my moral duty to facilitate the denazification of Russia. I will continue my assistance to Ukraine in its heroic efforts to withstand the onslaught of Putin's Orda," added the businessman. Orda is the Russian word for "horde," a predatory, plundering gang.

The post was accompanied by an image with a photo of Putin and the words "Wanted: Dead or alive. Vladimir Putin for mass murder."

1646235972857.jpeg

Konanykhin has a turbulent history with the Russian government.

According to a 1996 article in The Washington Post, Konanykhin studied at the Moscow Physics and Technical Institute before abandoning his studies and opening a student construction cooperative. He then branched out into a number of other businesses, including banking, stocks and real estate.

By the age of 25, he had an empire of over 100 firms. By 1992, his companies were worth about $300 million. He was even a part of then-Russian president Boris Yeltsin's first delegation to Washington that year.

In 1996, while living in the US, Konanykhin and his wife were arrested by federal immigration agents on charges of violating the conditions of their American visas. The case was seemingly sparked after Russian authorities claimed that he embezzled $8 million from the Russian Exchange Bank in Moscow.

The case went on for weeks, with FBI agents testifying that the Russian mafia had taken out a contract on Konanykhin's life as well as a former KGB agent who testified that he had serious doubts about the charges filed against the oligarch.

During the trial, Konanykhin testified that some of his corporate aides at the Russian Exchange Bank began pressuring him for money and made threats, prompting him to move to Hungary, according to the Post. He claimed that he was then threatened with violence again, prompting him to flee to the Czech Republic and then to New York.

Konanykhin complained about the threats to Russian officials and even Yeltsin himself. At a certain point, authorities stopped investigating the threats and began investigating him instead, claiming he had illegally wired $8 million from the bank to his personal accounts overseas. Russian authorities claimed that his version of events was fake and aimed to slander his former employees.

A settlement was eventually reached and he was freed from detention and eventually granted political asylum. Just a few years later, however, the Board of Immigration Appeals revoked the political asylum and ordered that he be deported. Konanykhin and his wife attempted to flee to Canada but were arrested.

The deportation of the couple was cancelled following a number of emergency hearings after U.S. District Judge T.S. Ellis found the decision unlawful, saying "I have the firm impression that it is the strong desire of people in the executive branch to return this man to Russia for what reason I cannot tell. It stinks," according a report by the Moscow Times. He was granted asylum again in 2007.

In 2011, he founded TransparentBusiness, which helps companies manage their remote workforce. He is also part of Unicorn Hunters, a show which allows unicorn founders to pitch to millions of investors around the world.

Russia just acknowledged that it has lost 500 troops in the battles so far. I don't have the references, but I've read that U.S. intelligence estimated around 2000, and Ukraine is claiming something like 6000 (an order of magnitude higher). So, whatever the Ukrainians claim, you can probably get a pretty good idea of what's going on by dividing their numbers (soldiers killed, tanks destroyed, etc.) by ten.

The following video is not from 1940's when WW II was raging in the Soviet Union on what is now Ukraine.
It is from around 2013-2015. When the rifles are fired the officer is speaking in German.

I found the film thanks to Wayback Machine website so you need to enter that whole address without the minus sign and not just the YT address,
-https://web.archive.org/web/20160902050036/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F1gI0GjLBE

That's one of Russia's goals. This adoration of vicious murderers who continue to do the same today. This mentality/tradition is in parts of Western Ukraine.

More found here. If film is gone try WayBack

Last edited:
Interestingly enough, at least some scientific publications are not as quick to jump on the "shunning Russia" wagon. This is actually surprising. This is a letter that was sent to the Russian editor of "Elsevier".
Indeed, that is surprising, but also encouraging. I had a look at the activities of the Centre for Russian Studies in Groningen, the Netherlands and although the University of Groningen has condemned Russia the Centre seems to be a bit more nuanced or maybe I'm reading too much into it:
DECLARATION on the developments in Ukraine

The Centre for Russian Studies and all its staff are shocked by the recent developments. We condemn the aggression of the Russian government against Ukraine. The violation of Ukraine's sovereignty will have to be met with consequences. We are deeply concerned about the events. The developing situation is therefore being closely monitored by our staff.

As a documentation centre, the Centre for Russian Studies aims to support research and education within the University of Groningen. The Centre also undertakes public activities aimed at studying and better understanding the culture of Russia and its neighbouring countries. Our staff are, of course, willing to share their analyses of developments.

As part of Groningen's academic community and wider society, we also understand that the developments are unsettling for Ukrainian and Russian students, academic staff and Groningen residents. The Centre for Russian Studies explicitly wants to be a forum in which these developments and their related sensitivities can be discussed. A better understanding of Ukrainian and Russian history, language and culture can be helpful in this. This is what our activities will focus on in the coming period.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Added:

The University "has decided to freeze all relations with Russian non-university partners with immediate effect. For cooperation with knowledge institutions in Russia, the UG will follow the national policy."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom