1965 article on "time and extrasensory perception" needed - Request

ark

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
Perhaps someone can help me getting a copy of the following article:

Dobbs, H. A. C. TIME AND EXTRASENSORY PERCEPTION Proceedings 54, 1965, pp. 249-361.

Adrian Dobbs, The journal is Proceedings of the Society for Psychical Research (Cambridge).

Can't find it online. Certainly Cambridge library has a copy, but perhaps it is available in some other library?

I haven't had any luck finding the article in a library, but this book may also contain the article. So a library somewhere may have the book that possibly contains the article.

Proceedings of the Society for Psychical Research Vol 54 Part 197 August 1965 Paperback – January 1, 1965
by H A C Lambert, G W and Dobbs (Author)

I've had a good look, nothing substantial to be found, just references to the article itself, such as this which allude to tachyons and "psitrons". The DuckDuckGo search engine seems to produce more quality search results than google.

I had a look, and it seems that a library here should have it, at least it says in the description that they have all the volumes, however it can't be borrowed and only viewed under supervision and the library employee will decide if it's allowed to make pictures! But I think it should be possible to take pictures (as it won't be for commercial use). I'll see if I can make it happen next week, unless someone finds a copy.

Found this and figure the collection may contain the book/article:

THE WILLIAM PERRY BENTLEY COLLECTION ON PSYCHICAL RESEARCH, PARAPSYCHOLOGY, AND COGNATE SUBJECTS
was first established by agreement with William Perry Bentley in 1965. In the early 1970s Mr. Bentley provided complete, bound files of the Proceedings of the Society for Psychical Research and other related serials and donated his scholarly books on parapsychology to Bridwell Library. The collection’s purpose is to support scholarly and scientific research in the study of psychic phenomena.

I think it should be available online here:

I signed up earlier with that site and checked and i'm pretty sure i didn't find anything earlier than 1970/1980. My 'free log in' lasts for 7 days so i can always check again if needed.

If no other options come up and a copy needs to be bought, then this shop from Sweden says it has that issue for sale for $8 plus shipping - might want to contact them first though: Proceedings of the Society for Psychical Research (1960-1982) | www.afushop.se

Also found this at 5. Theories and Speculations | spr.ac.uk

Dobbs, H.A.C. TIME AND EXTRASENSORY PERCEPTION, Proceedings 54, 1965, pp. 249-361. Rejects genuine precognition, in the sense of foreknowledge of a presently actual future, as logically impossible. In its place Dobbs substitutes an alternative Ostensible precognition,’ which he believes provides a logically consistent theory, better able to account for the facts than existing theories. This involves an additional time dimension and the so-called ‘probability’ amplitudes’ of quantum physics expressed by complex numbers. The causal mechanism for ostensible precognition is then found in the direct stimulation of the central nervous system of a human being by particles of mathematically imaginary energy, emanating from exceptionally strong probability amplitudes. PsiLine CORRECTION, pp. 387-8. Journal 43, 1966, pp. 249-361. precognition/physics/theory

I signed up earlier with that site and checked and i'm pretty sure i didn't find anything earlier than 1970/1980. My 'free log in' lasts for 7 days so i can always check again if needed.

If no other options come up and a copy needs to be bought, then this shop from Sweden says it has that issue for sale for $8 plus shipping - might want to contact them first though: Proceedings of the Society for Psychical Research (1960-1982) | www.afushop.se
Thanks. This seems to be working. Have ordered the needed (I hope) volume! We will see.

Back
Top Bottom